VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• TYOC038 what time can online ?
    It's offline is more than 1 month.

• did xtom jp got ddos'd again?

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @VirMach stopped giving refunds for downtime periods?
    Had a VPS down for months, requested a refund and the ticket was closed.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@Dompetri said:
    @VirMach stopped giving refunds for downtime periods?

If you mean SLA credit for the down time, you might get a better response from VirMach if you say that in your ticket, as saying "refund" had a predictable response. I have never known of VirMach, or any other provider, to give refunds for downtime on a no refunds product.
    Also, congratulations on your first LES comment.

Thanked by (2)skorous DanSummer

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Dompetri said:

If you mean SLA credit for the down time, you might get a better response from VirMach if you say that in your ticket, as saying "refund" had a predictable response. I have never known of VirMach, or any other provider, to give refunds for downtime on a no refunds product.

Yeah in my post I did mean credits for downtime, thanks for the correction.
    In the ticket I asked clearly that I wanted the credits due to downtime period and it was closed.

I wouldn't even open a ticket if the VPS was down for some weeks, but 5 months down and no response about the credits is disappointing.

• @Dompetri said:

@FrankZ said:

@Dompetri said:

Yeah in my post I did mean credits for downtime, thanks for the correction.
    In the ticket I asked clearly that I wanted the credits due to downtime period and it was closed.

I wouldn't even open a ticket if the VPS was down for some weeks, but 5 months down and no response about the credits is disappointing.

If you don't mind my asking, which node are you on that's been down five months? I haven't paid that close of attention.

• edited October 2023

@skorous said:
    If you don't mind my asking, which node are you on that's been down five months? I haven't paid that close of attention.

Originally NYCB027 and moved to NYCB035 after Dedipath closure, VPS went alive two weeks ago since May or June.

• @Dompetri said:

@skorous said:

Originally NYCB027 and moved to NYCB035 after Dedipath closure, VPS went alive two weeks ago since May or June.

Wow, exactly the same as you. and in 3 months, the VPS will expire.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I found this on a forum that shall remain nameless. It was so humorous, and cute, that I just had to share it with you.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited October 2023

@FrankZ said:
    I found this on a forum that shall remain nameless. It was so humorous, and cute, that I just had to share it with you.

this is just about what the strawberry generation can do really.

still, dogs are much cuter than cunts

since i'm educated and civilized i shall not post a picture of gathering of cunts

as Confucious teaching goes, we should be gentleman.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said: this is just about what the strawberry generation can do really.

So after looking up "strawberry generation" I am really glad I posted the above. Your comment gave me a whole new insight into understanding some of the folks who visit this thread. :+1: :+1:

Strawberry generation (Chinese: 草莓族; pinyin: Cǎoméi zú; or 草莓世代; cǎoméi shìdài)[1] is a Chinese-language neologism used for people born from 1990s onwards who "bruise easily" like strawberries – meaning they cannot withstand social pressure or work hard like their parents' generation; the term refers to people who are perceived as insubordinate,[2] spoiled, selfish, arrogant, and sluggish in work.[3]

The term arises from the perception that members of this generation have grown up being overprotected by their parents and in an environment of stability, in a similar manner to how strawberries are grown in protected greenhouses and command a higher price compared to other fruits. The term gained prominence in the press, as it could be a way to designate a rising demographic or psychographic in terms of consumer behavior.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown bikegremlin

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said: this is just about what the strawberry generation can do really.

So after looking up "strawberry generation" I am really glad I posted the above. Your comment gave me a whole new insight into understanding some of the folks who visit this thread. :+1: :+1:

Strawberry generation (Chinese: 草莓族; pinyin: Cǎoméi zú; or 草莓世代; cǎoméi shìdài)[1] is a Chinese-language neologism used for people born from 1990s onwards who "bruise easily" like strawberries – meaning they cannot withstand social pressure or work hard like their parents' generation; the term refers to people who are perceived as insubordinate,[2] spoiled, selfish, arrogant, and sluggish in work.[3]

The term arises from the perception that members of this generation have grown up being overprotected by their parents and in an environment of stability, in a similar manner to how strawberries are grown in protected greenhouses and command a higher price compared to other fruits. The term gained prominence in the press, as it could be a way to designate a rising demographic or psychographic in terms of consumer behavior.

aka snowflakes

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown

• There's also another word for it... "glass-hearted"

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ZA_capetown Caxen
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:
    aka snowflakes

It's interesting the different meanings that a literal translation of a word can have. Here is Mexico if I called someone a strawberry (Fresa) it would mean that they were a junior of a rich dad. If I called them a snowflake it would be probably be taken as calling them gay. In Mexico I would call an easily bruised person "Crystal"

• @FrankZ said:

Such a cute CyberTech, no aggression.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

@j0rmo said:

@FrankZ said:

Such a cute CyberTech, no aggression.

such docile MJJ, no complaints

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2023

@Dompetri said:

It'd be helpful to have a ticket ID in this case. It shouldn't be closed with no credit or extension, unless you're leaving out any details, such as the outage is still ongoing and not yet ended and so on. Probably post the full ticket here.

I'll of course make a correction and provide explanation on what happened if there was a mistake.

(edit) I checked all tickets recently made mentioning NYCB027 and NYCB035 and there's one close match, created one day ago. Ticket marked as completed and closed, due date for service was extended to 09/26/2024.

• @FrankZ said:

Who ever posted this: fuck you, I am not on FrankZ leash, he too weak in his spaghetti (only on VirMach leash, kthxbye).

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ehab bikegremlin

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said: Who ever posted this: fuck you, I am not on FrankZ leash, he too weak in his spaghetti (only on VirMach leash, kthxbye).

Just wondering who the other three are, like wow we only have 3 people they could identify as not being negative about us there?

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@Jab said: Who ever posted this: fuck you, I am not on FrankZ leash, he too weak in his spaghetti (only on VirMach leash, kthxbye).

Just wondering who the other three are, like wow we only have 3 people they could identify as not being negative about us there?

nonononononono, it's called 'acceptance stage' rather than 'not being negative' :trollface:

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @FrankZ said:

Wow, I'm jealous. I want fan-art too!

Thanked by (2)bakageta FrankZ
  • I want to be the cute one to the left, with the orange! B)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • If there's only 3 why not Ceberus?

• I only want to be in the meme if I am a cat!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bikegremlin
  • @VirMach said:

It'd be helpful to have a ticket ID in this case. It shouldn't be closed with no credit or extension, unless you're leaving out any details, such as the outage is still ongoing and not yet ended and so on. Probably post the full ticket here.
    Ticket marked as completed and closed, due date for service was extended to 09/26/2024.

Are Flashsales VPS eligible for extension and were on SEA nodes ? I have a SEA VPS up and running now but due date isn't extended

@host4cheap said:

@VirMach said:

Ticket marked as completed and closed, due date for service was extended to 09/26/2024.

Are Flashsales VPS eligible for extension and were on SEA nodes ? I have a SEA VPS up and running now but due date isn't extended

With everything flying around, we haven't done any auto credits, especially since we also have been manually crediting people. So you'd need to make a ticket to request credits. If we bring back auto credits it will be under a new better system but it's not ready yet and these wouldn't be logged in it.

I will make a small note here however, that this would be considered not qualifying as SLA credits under our terms of service:

downtime caused by issues in third party services
    causes beyond the control of VirMach or that are not reasonably foreseeable

But in this case I did sort of foresee this, but it could have just been a coincidence. Anyway, we're not disputing any credits/extensions requested, we're just not doing it automatically.

But yeah just so we're clear, in the future any datacenters burning down, flooding, servers being stolen, companies we use going out of business without appropriate notice for us to act all fall under not eligible for credits. I know there's no reason to make this comment in this way other than maybe 17 years from now something happens and someone says "but you said here that you did cover it when blah blah happened."

Oh another note, DDoS attacks aren't protected either unless your location is advertised as protected and then that's only protected up until the advertised level. Maintenance windows aren't covered although in the past we tend to be courteous and just approve them. Re-installing/breaking your service doesn't qualify.

What is reasonably foreseeable and covered?

• DDoS up until advertised level if advertised
    • A business says they're going out of business and not renewing contract and giving us reasonable notice
    • Our hardware has general issues like bad memory, disk
    • Our network goes down because VirMach screws it up or switch dies
    • The PDU dies and we lose power
    • We accidentally turn off your service when we shouldn't have done so (it's happened, we credit people immediately usually.)
    • Abuse system makes a mistake and powers you down (extremely rare, doesn't really happen anymore.)
  • @VirMach said:

With everything flying around, we haven't done any auto credits, especially since we also have been manually crediting people. So you'd need to make a ticket to request credits. If we bring back auto credits it will be under a new better system but it's not ready yet and these wouldn't be logged in it.

Thank you, I just wanted to get clarity about credits and whether or not to expect them. It is a small VPS so I don't need it in this case.
    I might request for the one in DAL one once it is back.

• edited October 2023

@VirMach said: causes beyond the control of VirMach or that are not reasonably foreseeable

This include every possible outage except scheduled/maintenance outages - and those most likely aren't covered with SLA so basically everything :)
    Isn't then better to write something short and clear like: "we don't offer SLA for our service"? :)

Edit.
    ah, overlooked this part (still early morning here)

@VirMach said: What is reasonably foreseeable and covered?

DDoS up until advertised level if advertised
    A business says they're going out of business and not renewing contract and giving us reasonable notice
    Our hardware has general issues like bad memory, disk
    Our network goes down because VirMach screws it up or switch dies
    The PDU dies and we lose power
    We accidentally turn off your service when we shouldn't have done so (it's happened, we credit people immediately usually.)
    Abuse system makes a mistake and powers you down (extremely rare, doesn't really happen anymore.)

edited October 2023

@Mumbly said: This include every possible outage except scheduled/maintenance outages - and those most likely aren't covered with SLA so basically everything

Isn't then better to write something short and clear like: "we don't offer SLA for our service"?

Yeah, it could definitely be interpreted in a ridiculous way on both sides, but I'd like to think actions speak louder than words when it comes to this and why we tend to be very lenient on qualifications. But hey, as with almost everything else I guess it depends most on whether you trust the company you are doing business with and perhaps that could also be argued either way. What I do know is in I suppose in a very biased way, we've never had bad intentions.

I just thought it'd be a good time to remind people we do have a terms of service and at some point in the future we may decide to draw the line somewhere if things continue getting crazy in a way that's completely out of our control and not within the realm of what's normally calculated into the SLA. Because who knows, we've been so unlucky that maybe there being a hole in the ceiling and our cabinet getting struck by lightening is within the realm of possibility and we're not prepared to provide SLA credits in that case.

• I honestly do not expect SLA on my black friday, limited support services. they are already below retail prices so if it works 99% of the time, it is profit, unless someone is hosting a million dollar website on it...