Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@j0rmo said:

@cybertech said:

@j0rmo said:

@cybertech said:

@j0rmo said:

@FrankZ said:
    I found this on a forum that shall remain nameless. It was so humorous, and cute, that I just had to share it with you.

Such a cute CyberTech, no aggression.

such docile MJJ, no complaints

Such captive doggy, no barking!

such tame strawberry, no whining!

Such fragile snowflake, no crying!

im beginning to like you for agreeing with me

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@j0rmo said:

@cybertech said:

@j0rmo said:

@cybertech said:

@j0rmo said:

@FrankZ said:
    I found this on a forum that shall remain nameless. It was so humorous, and cute, that I just had to share it with you.

Such a cute CyberTech, no aggression.

such docile MJJ, no complaints

Such captive doggy, no barking!

such tame strawberry, no whining!

Such fragile snowflake, no crying!

im beginning to like you for agreeing with me

I couldn't agree more that you are a snowflake.

• @FrankZ is there a minimum age for creating a LES account?

• @tetech said:
    @FrankZ is there a minimum age for creating a LES account?

We shouldn't judge people by age.
    Anyone who has a head should be able to create an account.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tetech said:
    @FrankZ is there a minimum age for creating a LES account?

Yes, 13.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach

The VM (id=562557) fails to start after the migration.

Please take a look, thanks!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@julensm said: My servers situation, is anyone on the same nodes and the server is live?
    LAX1Z016 (2 servers) & NYCB028 (1 server)

I have a VM on NYCB028, it is working fine, and has had no issues.
    I do not have a VM on LAX1Z016 so I can't tell you anything about that one.

Thanked by (1)julensm

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@julensm said: My servers situation, is anyone on the same nodes and the server is live?
    LAX1Z016 (2 servers) & NYCB028 (1 server)

I have a VM on NYCB028, it is working fine, and has had no issues.
    I do not have a VM on LAX1Z016 so I can't tell you anything about that one.

I have one on LAX1Z016 which is working normally.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ julensm
  • edited October 2023

My server is in LAXA012 and cannot connect anymor

• @VirMach Hello sir,

This guy used your loophole to escape deportation and stole $4 from you.
    He also called you a douchebag in the TG group.

https://hostloc.com/thread-1221806-1-1.html

• My server is in LAXA012 and cannot connect anymor

• Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-minimal-latest-v2
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2022-12-29

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@wudali said:

LAX1Z012 was down for about 6 hours, 15 hours ago, but has been fine since.
    What is the specific issue you are having ?

More specifically.
    Does it turn on or no ?
    Have you tried to turn it off and back on again by clicking the reset button ?
    If it turns on, have you checked for error msg in VNC ?
    If so, what error messages were there ?

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-minimal-latest-v2
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2022-12-29

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

More specifically.
    Does it turn on or no ?

The server is online, I have reset the network, but I haven't seen VCN because I'm not professional and my English is translated. I'm not sure if you can understand it

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

More specifically.
    Does it turn on or no ?

kvm399022,Is this the host number

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@wudali - Lets' take it one guess at a time.
    If your IP changed, and you reset your network by going to the SolusVM panel and clicking "Reconfigure Networking". There may be additional steps needed if your network interface is not "eth0".
    What operating system are you using ?

• @FrankZ said:
    @wudali - Lets' take it one guess at a time.
    If your IP changed, and you reset your network by going to the SolusVM panel and clicking "Reconfigure Networking". There may be additional steps needed if your network interface is not "eth0".
    What operating system are you using ?

Ubuntu 20.04

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@wudali said: Ubuntu 20.04

Ok, if you installed Ubuntu 20.04 from template your network interface should be "eth0".

Go to the billing panel and click on your VPS to get to the product details page for your VPS, then click "VNC/Desktop". A small black screen should pop up, tell me if there is a login prompt, or an error message on that black screen.

If there is a login prompt, login to your VPS, and then enter "ping 1.1.1.1" and post the result.
    Also post the output from "ip addr show" and "ip route show".

Thanked by (2)localhost Not_Oles

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said: Ubuntu 20.04

Ok, if you installed Ubuntu 20.04 from template your network interface should be "eth0".

Go to the billing panel and click on your VPS to get to the product details page for your VPS, then click "VNC/Desktop". A small black screen should pop up, tell me if there is a login prompt, or an error message on that black screen.

If there is a login prompt, login to your VPS, and then enter "ping 1.1.1.1" and post the result.
    Also post the output from "ip addr show" and "ip route show".

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@wudali said:

Ok, we have errors. First we are going to try the easiest thing.
    In the product details page for your VPS, click the "Off" button, wait 2 minutes, and then click the "On" button, wait a minute or so, then click the VNC button again to bring up the little black screen.
    Do you have the same error message as above, or different error message, or a login prompt.

Did you recently upgrade the system or kernel ?
    How much memory does your VPS have ?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

In the product details page for your VPS, click the "Off" button, wait 2 minutes, and then click the "On" button, wait a minute or so, then click the VNC button again to bring up the little black screen.
    Do you have the same error message as above, or different error message, or a login prompt.

The situation is still the same. I have not upgraded the system or kernel, and my memory is only 384m. I have no choice but to reinstall the system. Thank you for your answer

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@wudali said: The situation is still the same. I have not upgraded the system or kernel, and my memory is only 384m. I have no choice but to reinstall the system. Thank you for your answer

I strongly suggest that if you are going to reinstall anyway, that once you get the system going again, do this to help make this less likely to happen again.

sed -i 's/MODULES=most/MODULES=dep/g' /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf

Then run

update-initramfs -u

Then reboot.

This procedure will shrink the "initrd.img-5.4.0-105-generic" file that your system is using to boot by about half. This will help so that you do not run out of RAM when booting, and get the above error.
    I recommend doing this for all low RAM Ubuntu installs on VMs.

Just a note for more advanced users. The above procedure can be done from the recovery system to correct the above "System is deadlocked on memory" error without the need to reinstall.

• @wudali said:

@FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

The situation is still the same. I have not upgraded the system or kernel, and my memory is only 384m. I have no choice but to reinstall the system. Thank you for your answer

if you dont have any special needs, you could try AlpineLinux which runs smoothly in a very low mem server and its available through ISO install at many hostnodes

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @atomi said:

@wudali said:

@FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

if you dont have any special needs, you could try AlpineLinux which runs smoothly in a very low mem server and its available through ISO install at many hostnodes

I just installed Debian 11, thank you

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@wudali said:

This procedure also works to reduce the required memory when booting Debian 11.

Then run

update-initramfs -u

Then reboot.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• @FrankZ said:

@wudali said:

This procedure also works to reduce the required memory when booting Debian 11.

Then run

update-initramfs -u

Then reboot.

Thank you.

Thanked by (2)fluttershy Not_Oles
  • @FrankZ is such a nice and helpful guy support agent.

• Congratulations South Africa - Rugby World Cup Champions B)

• @VirMach Boss, should the users from Tokyo 038 wait for the node to be fixed? Or do you want to relocate the users to another node in Tokyo?