Whitelist de-listing: HostDoc

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

does this mean i get to keep my 3800x?

Thanked by (2)HostDoc dedotatedwam

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @vimalware said:
    TLDR: LiveChat is cancer.
    Hope all is well.

Livechat by itself is not the cancer, its pretty easy to build a simple livechat.
    The issue is, all that garbage that comes from that hosted cloud shit.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@cybertech said:

How is the Downsizing?

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Squats are the new Push-ups

@vyas said:

@cybertech said:

How is the Downsizing?

3800x was a yearly flash :sweat_smile: just got vultr credits refunded , goona let some yearlies lapse

Thanked by (1)vyas

• I will say this.

Unlike Smallhost, Doc has handled this quite poorly.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    I will say this.

Unlike Smallhost, Doc has handled this quite poorly.

Agreed. Looking back over it all now I can see he was desperately trying to discredit a couple of us, without evidence. That's just disgusting PR in my opinion. Personal attacks and crazy conspiracies.

It's so frustrating that so many people (myself included) reported this months ago to the doc privately and was either told it's been fixed or never taken seriously until the situation became public.

Thanked by (2)cybertech yoursunny

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said:
    It's so frustrating that so many people (myself included) reported this months ago to the doc privately and was either told it's been fixed or never taken seriously until the situation became public.

This.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• It's easy to be smug and professional when things are going well.

In face of adversity though, a person's real character tends to surface. Having said that running from problems don't generally tend to solve it.

Thanked by (3)cybertech uhu dahartigan

• cocky

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG
    edited January 2020

@Neoon said:

@vimalware said:
    Hope all is well.

Livechat by itself is not the cancer, its pretty easy to build a simple livechat.

I say this merely as a problem solver that likes to understand problems, and with disregard about anyone's feelings or any perceived way this may appear to discredit what anyone has said, but I'm still not wrapping my mind around a live chat module caching other content on the page and serving it to another user. This doesn't make sense. As a linux admin of only moderate intellect, my brain isn't able to close the loop.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• That's because you are a jar. A jar will never understand.

Thanked by (3)jarland dahartigan Falzo

• @deank said:
    That's because you are a jar. A jar will never understand.

In my mind I saw jarhead.. "this is my rifle.."

Thanked by (1)jarland

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

Jarhead, or Jar Jar...it's not very jarring.

• Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @jarland said:

@Neoon said:

@vimalware said:
    Hope all is well.

I say this merely as a problem solver that likes to understand problems, and with disregard about anyone's feelings or any perceived way this may appear to discredit what anyone has said, but I'm still not wrapping my mind around a live chat module caching other content on the page and serving it to another user. This doesn't make sense. As a linux admin of only moderate intellect, my brain isn't able to close the loop.

Everything is possible, just because something sounds impossible to you, does not mean its impossible.

Thanked by (1)jarland
  • deankdeank OG
    edited February 2020

Which inevitably translates to....

The end is always possible. I mean you could have your first and last heart attack seconds from now. It may sound impossible but it's not improbable.

Thus, the end is nigh.

• @Neoon said:

@jarland said:

@Neoon said:

@vimalware said:
    Hope all is well.

Everything is possible, just because something sounds impossible to you, does not mean its impossible.

It's your opinion that everything is possible. Until you can show me a working time machine, it's my opinion that your argument is null :-)

Future

From

edited February 2020

Come

__ I

Thanked by (1)uptime

• @cybertech It's 11:15AM on Saturday the 1st of February 2020 here in Australia - I technically come from the future ;)

Thanked by (2)cybertech bdl

@dahartigan said:
    @cybertech It's 11:15AM on Saturday the 1st of February 2020 here in Australia - I technically come from the future ;)

Gosh mate your right :scream:

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• @cybertech said: .. your right

His right what? :p

Thanked by (2)skorous dahartigan

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@cybertech said: .. your right

His right what? :p

Q: How do you keep a fool in suspense?

• Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • edited February 2020

So it seems like HostDoc is shutting down. I paid my invoice and it was refunded. Opened a ticket and got this response:

WTF

• HostDoc will be closing its doors today and will no longer accept orders for any service moving forward.
    All payment gateways are now inactive. All clients will be refunded pro-rata and a few refunds have already began being issued. If your refund has not yet been recieved, please open a ticket and be patient, all valid requests will be refunded.
    If you have a paypal subscription set up, please cancel it now.

As much as I enjoy providing a hosting service basically for free (there has never been a profit margin which was not reinvested into new hardware), and as much as I can fend away many if not most of the trolls or those that try and bring the brand or reputation down, it is a much harder feat when it is someone that was once trusted.

As such, this is a notice that backs ups should immediately be taken and alternative hosting solutions be sought as a replacement for the services you currently have with us.

Services will not go down immediately, however, acting immediately would see you prepared for when our services do eventually go down which can be up to 30 days from today.

Our cpanel shared hosting may stay available for the next 6 months. If this is the case, no further fee will be charged to current users however, you are urged to use this time to prepare backups and migrate away from HostDoc.

I am sorry to those I will be letting down with this decision.
    I am sorry I could not be the host I envisioned being.

Thank you for choosing HostDoc and allowing us to serve you as best as we could.

Kind regards
    HostDoc.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

Yup... Sad but true.. best wishes for the road ahead @HostDoc and team.

Edit: Removed text of email . you can read it here and the post above.

• Like I said, running away from problems don't tend to solve problems.

He can't keep running away from issues in life. Either way, good luck to him. I hope he learned something from this minor fiasco. I can bet Amitz's brown object that he hasn't learned anything.

Thanked by (3)Clouvider Falzo mikho