Share Amazing Black Friday Non-Hosting Deals, Finds, and Buys Here!!

MasonMason AdministratorOG

See something that catches your eye on sale for Black Friday that is worth sharing, but isn't related to hosting? Post it here!

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Here's my very short list of a few offers that I bought, or at least consider to be quite good to buy:

https://bike.bikegremlin.com/18626/bikegremlin-sales-recommendations/

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

iHerb has 25% off sitewide

bought my stash of drugs :(

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @bikegremlin said:
    Here's my very short list of a few offers that I bought, or at least consider to be quite good to buy:

https://bike.bikegremlin.com/18626/bikegremlin-sales-recommendations/

That link smells fishy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited November 2023

Pope Mason went to town.
    A-riding on a Yeti!
    He stuck a feather in Yeti's ass,
    And called it Martini

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Pope Mason went to town.
    A-riding on a Yeti!
    He stuck a feather in Yeti's ass,
    And called it Martini

Didn't think I would see this here did ya?

That's ok the Yeti has his Becky!!!!!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Terrahost 30% coupon for VPSes on their Discord :) (Maybe someone mentioned, I haven't caught up with backlog, and probably won't)

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

A monitoring solution https://pulsetic.com/ has a 30% off coupon going on, pricing seems pretty okay compared to some of the other ones.

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• edited November 2023

@Mason said:
    but isn't related to hosting

@flips said:
    Terrahost 30% coupon for VPSes on their Discord :) (Maybe someone mentioned, I haven't caught up with backlog, and probably won't)

The pinned black friday megathread is for vps service. If you repost there, it might get more attention. I think terrahost announced dedi sales in the OGF, too.

• @webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:
    Terrahost 30% coupon for VPSes on their Discord :) (Maybe someone mentioned, I haven't caught up with backlog, and probably won't)

The pinned black friday megathread is for vps service. If you repost there, it might get more attention. I think terrahost announced dedi sales in the OGF, too.

Dedi sales? Such as?

@SpeedBus said:
    A monitoring solution https://pulsetic.com/ has a 30% off coupon going on, pricing seems pretty okay compared to some of the other ones.

Similarly uptimerobot too has a 30% discount going on via coupon code BF23_30

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• @Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

No more details. He just said unsustainable dedis.

• @webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

It's probably DatabaseByDesign.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189928/databasebydesignllc-going-out-of-business-december-8

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189928/databasebydesignllc-going-out-of-business-december-8

Holy crap. That's.. years late. I remember the owner having some incredible deals on 5420s and other assorted crap, but couldn't be bothered to actually set them up. There were folks who were waiting several months (and paying for service) who eventually gave up on it.

• @Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

I send you the link in a pm. I was wrong, he just said unsustainable, not dedi.

• Anyone come across any Cloud Storage Black Friday deals?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @WSS said:

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

Holy crap. That's.. years late. I remember the owner having some incredible deals on 5420s and other assorted crap, but couldn't be bothered to actually set them up. There were folks who were waiting several months (and paying for service) who eventually gave up on it.

That name is a blast from the past holy hells balls!!!

• WSSWSS OGRetired

It's not "amazing", but Hulu is available for $0.99/mo for a year, and you can tack Disney+ onto that for another $2.

edited November 2023

@WSS said:
    It's not "amazing", but Hulu is available for $0.99/mo for a year, and you can tack Disney+ onto that for another $2.

Peacock too was/is available for $19.99/year for Blackfriday

EDIT: https://mashable.com/article/nov-22-peacock-black-friday-deal

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@SpeedBus said:

@WSS said:

Peacock too was/is available for $19.99/year for Blackfriday

EDIT: https://mashable.com/article/nov-22-peacock-black-friday-deal

I hate VIacom as much as I hate Disney.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

Holy shit.... what?? I have a dedi with them still and never got this email. Fuck me I guess

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Mason said:

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

Holy shit.... what?? I have a dedi with them still and never got this email. Fuck me I guess

Dude. He finally delivered?

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@WSS said:

@Mason said:

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

Have had the $17.76/mo E3 dedi since their July 4th sale in 2017. Has been rock solid, hardware and network-wise. Sad to see it finally go, but I guess the writing has been on the walls for awhile.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Mason said:

@WSS said:

@Mason said:

@skorous said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

Have had the $17.76/mo E3 dedi since their July 4th sale in 2017. Has been rock solid, hardware and network-wise. Sad to see it finally go, but I guess the writing has been on the walls for awhile.

Yeah. I turned mine over to @ehab I think because it threw a disk and he promised to replace it for many, many months. Gave up. Early Virmach had better tech support.

Thanked by (2)Mason ehab

• @WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

No, we were talking about Terrahost.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Nekki said:

@WSS said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@webcraft said:

@Mason said:

@flips said:

Dedi sales? Such as?

Dammit.

No, we were talking about Terrahost.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Learned a neat trick - on Amazon if you go to order -> Buy again it shows you a bunch of past purchases. And crucially marks the ones that are BF. So you get a nice intersection of stuff you actually use and discounts.

Also aliexpress has a site wide coupon worth round 10%. Bought another 2x orange pi 32GB to build a larger cluster.

Other major BF thing I bought was a ground news subscription @ 40% off

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @havoc said:
    Learned a neat trick - on Amazon if you go to order -> Buy again it shows you a bunch of past purchases. And crucially marks the ones that are BF. So you get a nice intersection of stuff you actually use and discounts.

Also aliexpress has a site wide coupon worth round 10%. Bought another 2x orange pi 32GB to build a larger cluster.

Other major BF thing I bought was a ground news subscription @ 40% off

What is ground news?

• Anyone find any deals on 2.5 inch ssd? I mean dirtier and cheaper than @WSS ass.