VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach here some extra info :
    Today was generated :

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 11/25/2023.
    Your payment method is: PayPal
    Invoice #1606175
    Amount Due: $XXXX USD
    Due Date: 12/27/2021

This one i paid today , but due date went back 2 years suddenly i checked and last 2 years were also paid.
    Because of wrong due date machines directly suspended and terminated after payment.

• this is the very first BF i didn't see virvir post any offers.
    but i am sure this is the silence before the storm.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny tridinebandim
  • @ehab said:
    this is the very first BF i didn't see virvir post any offers.
    but i am sure this is the silence before the storm.

storm is already happening, in NYC.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    storm is already happening, in NYC.

i have no idea but

• @Flying_Chinaman can you explain the value or logic behind paying $50 for 1core 512mb ram and then turn around insist VirMach should provide you something a lot better for 5 time less?

• edited November 2023

@DanSummer BandwagonHost provides premium China optimized routing
    I use it to proxy games, online meeting and other latency matters traffic.
    While Virmach Tokyo is used as the entry node to proxy other traffic like torrent, web browse and download

smartass shitposting satirist

• @cyforex said:
    @VirMach Man oh man!! Virmach hitting new lows every now and then. :# I see yet another outage in NY. In this year, this is maybe 5th time? I've literally lost count.
    What a garbage service and agonizing experience, I can't fathom how you have not gone bankrupt yet. just blows my mind.

FYI, I don't even use your machine anymore. Just got irritated by all the "down alerts" from my uptime robot and I thought I would come here to warn people to avoid your services.

Don't feel bad, counting doesn't come naturally for everyone! :p

Speaking of blowing minds and mysteries, there's a mystery box option to consider. :#

I'm not a professional psychiatrist, but my advice would be, to lower your anguish and do what is best for your health, which seems to be to never again use or get another Virmach special ever again and try to block all the traumatic experiences from your memory, best of luck and I wish you a speedy recovery! B)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ZA_capetown said: Speaking of blowing minds and mysteries, there's a mystery box option to consider. :#

I did consider, and after refreshing the shoppingbasket fruitlessly to get a deal with an animal in it, I settled for "CrowdedTalkative" instead of the "SkyblueLavenderorange" I could have had :'(

Just hoping that bodes well for the contents :-D

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • @wankel said:

@ZA_capetown said: Speaking of blowing minds and mysteries, there's a mystery box option to consider. :#

I did consider, and after refreshing the shoppingbasket fruitlessly to get a deal with an animal in it, I settled for "CrowdedTalkative" instead of the "SkyblueLavenderorange" I could have had :'(

Just hoping that bodes well for the contents :-D

lol I must say, that's something that I never actually even thought of, refreshing to try and get a different random name assigned!

I do have an interesting collection with some weird names, but none containing an animal afaik

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@hike said:
    @VirMach here some extra info :
    Today was generated :

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 11/25/2023.
    Your payment method is: PayPal
    Invoice #1606175
    Amount Due: $XXXX USD
    Due Date: 12/27/2021

This one i paid today , but due date went back 2 years suddenly i checked and last 2 years were also paid.
    Because of wrong due date machines directly suspended and terminated after payment.

There's definitely a combination of specific things that were done that caused it to occur. I replied to your ticket, we're going to need a lot more information to be able to resolve this.

What I've definitely noticed so far is that most the services if not all affected were recently "cancelled" by you and then cancellation removed. Please mention anything else like that you omitted, even if you believe it should not be related. Pretty much anything you clicked in relation to terms, billing, payments, and in what order/when. So for example for the cancellation request example you'd say you put in a cancellation request for X services on X then you removed the cancellation request on X. Then if you used mass pay, you'd mention that. If you clicked mass pay and then cancelled it or let it get cancelled and then re-used mass pay, or clicked mass pay twice, things like that.

@cyforex said:
    @VirMach Man oh man!! Virmach hitting new lows every now and then. :# I see yet another outage in NY. In this year, this is maybe 5th time? I've literally lost count.
    What a garbage service and agonizing experience, I can't fathom how you have not gone bankrupt yet. just blows my mind.

FYI, I don't even use your machine anymore. Just got irritated by all the "down alerts" from my uptime robot and I thought I would come here to warn people to avoid your services.

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I can understand how any other provider would have probably gone bankrupt or given up after maybe the 3rd major issue in a year but as you stated we're definitely not like the others and very resilient. Also thank you for no longer using our services, I'm sure that decision has made everyone on both sides slightly happier.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown FrankZ
  • @VirMach said: we're definitely not like the others and very resilient

masochist

smartass shitposting satirist

• Thanked by (1)imok
  • @VirMach said: I can understand how any other provider would have probably gone bankrupt or given up after maybe the 3rd major issue in a year but as you stated we're definitely not like the others and very resilient.

Your customer since many years and trust that you will be back soon stronger.

• I guess overnight shipment wasn't overnight :D?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• If you ship overnight on Friday, its not getting delivered until Monday or Tuesday...

• @JoeMerit said:
    If you ship overnight on Friday, its not getting delivered until Monday or Tuesday...

Most have Saturday delivery but if it's late in the day on Black Friday it's likely not until 8pm or Monday morning, yeah...

• Looked at a couple mystery boxes ... hard to choose between MeatyElastic, PurplePolitical, and DenseCruel ...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited November 2023

@Jab said:
    I guess overnight shipment wasn't overnight :D?

@skorous said:

@JoeMerit said:
    If you ship overnight on Friday, its not getting delivered until Monday or Tuesday...

Most have Saturday delivery but if it's late in the day on Black Friday it's likely not until 8pm or Monday morning, yeah...

Basically we got unlucky, yeah. I definitely didn't send it as soon as I wanted because I fell asleep for a few hours at the office and forgot to put on the label for the pickup. I did drop it off, technically at a time where they've overnighted it in the past but black friday was the nail in the coffin.

Tracking still says it's getting delivered by 3PM on Saturday but it's 5PM on Saturday right now.

(Edit) I didn't get overnight early as originally intended because I knew it definitely wouldn't get delivered early and didn't want to pay the extra $400 or so it was for that when it'd definitely not get there since the cutoff for that is earlier. If I'm wrong about this someone should call me out so next time I'll do that for example if they do actually deliver the overnight early ... late next day?

I know our UPS driver works some magic for us to make sure it definitely gets there overnight because he understands when it's urgent and we don't abuse it but sadly refer to what I said regarding the pickup. The UPS store, not so much. Depends on how busy they are basically and only one person was working yesterday.

There still a tiny chance it might get delivered by 11:59PM but it could also just be sitting there. On overnight deliveries they don't always update it very much, I've ordered stuff from Europe recently and it just goes Europe --> Applying for customs --> It's here.

Not sure why, IIRC, they used to put an update like every 6 hours every facility the package touched in the past

Oh, and we did also order what we needed from NYC vendors, and I also contacted pretty much all of them within a 25 mile radius and they pretty much don't want to do anything this weekend which is fine, just stating that I did spend a significant amount of time trying to exhaust all other options.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • imokimok OG
    edited November 2023

Did I miss anything? Like a SSD32G for free for a year or some free drives?

• @imok said:
    Did I miss anything? Like a SSD32G for free for a year or some free drives?

Monke!!!!!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @VirMach said:

@cyforex said:

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I can understand how any other provider would have probably gone bankrupt or given up after maybe the 3rd major issue in a year but as you stated we're definitely not like the others and very resilient. Also thank you for no longer using our services, I'm sure that decision has made everyone on both sides slightly happier.

Maybe it's time to stop bullshitting yourself?
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/virmach.com?sort=recency

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cyforex said:

You seem to be getting more upset and angry as time goes on. May I suggest that you find another provider who fits your requirements better. I only say this because I have had the same frustrating experience with other providers, but after I just letting it go, and moving on, I felt much better. The provider is not going to change. It is up to you to find one that you makes you comfortable.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @cyforex said: trustpilot

I wouldnt trust them at all, 99% of the positive reviews are all paid for and people will bitch over the smallest thing, get resolved and never update their review to reflect it, or in the case of virmach, a lot of them are Mjj that have their server IP blocked by the great firewall then try to dispute their payment and get refused

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • When I was a child, there was an old parrot in the school named Aurora. You said "hello Aurora" and she responded "Aurora Aurora".

My neighbor's name is Aurora too.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • How about the mystery box 3

edited November 2023

@cyforex said: Maybe it's time to stop bullshitting yourself?
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/virmach.com?sort=recency

Without fake positive reviews, with a ton of people dedicating their time and energy and energy to fuming on there, as well as us deciding to refuse to continue being part of their extortion scheme, we have about the same rating as Amazon and I'd consider that pretty good.

@dgc1980 said:

@cyforex said: trustpilot

I wouldnt trust them at all, 99% of the positive reviews are all paid for and people will bitch over the smallest thing, get resolved and never update their review to reflect it, or in the case of virmach, a lot of them are Mjj that have their server IP blocked by the great firewall then try to dispute their payment and get refused

It's definitely by all objective measures very clearly not a good representation of any website and it's mind-boggling to me that anyone would ever seriously consider them when making a purchase from any website when there's no clear universal standard. Go and check Google Reviews for local places for example, you'll see it mostly range from maybe 3.5 to 4.3 whereas on TrustPilot it seems like there's mainly two categories, and that's 4.3 to 5.0 versus 1.7 to 3.5 and almost nothing within what you'd expect to be a normal range.

Plus there's insane discrepancies in quantity of reviews and in any case they're all an extremely small portion of customers. There's no reason RamNode, which has been in business longer than us, and no doubt sold more than us, have only 48 ratings while we have 846 (and mind you that's such as astronomically low number still) other than the circlejerk just happened to not catch on for them which is miraculous.

• @VirMach

I have an instance that's supposed to be on RYZE.CHI-Z027.VMS but I see I've been moved to Miami, Florida... Any way to get back to the original location please? Thanks

• @mockingbird said:
    @VirMach

I have an instance that's supposed to be on RYZE.CHI-Z027.VMS but I see I've been moved to Miami, Florida... Any way to get back to the original location please? Thanks

I also have one on the same instance. Still in Chicago, is it because you are seeing Miami in YABS? That's wrong geoinfo, most of the new IPs have wrong geoinfo. My lax one shows turkey lol

Thanked by (3)FrankZ DanSummer skorous
  • @sh97 said:

@mockingbird said:
    @VirMach

I also have one on the same instance. Still in Chicago, is it because you are seeing Miami in YABS? That's wrong geoinfo, most of the new IPs have wrong geoinfo. My lax one shows turkey lol

Confirmed! I did a test and latency is very low in Chicago, so you're right... @VirMach - please disregard. Thanks