VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach Boss, when do you plan to open the Pandora's box? Can the VPS configuration crush RackNerd

• @tulipyun said:

@tototo said:

@tulipyun said:

@theloafingone said:
    Not sure what the deal is but I'm still seeing the 2022 BF calculator thing on the BF page.
    Tried setting agent to a random phone and disabling caching but still no good.

It looks as if there is an issue with Cloudflare's caching/CDN strategy. When I access the page from different locations, it renders different content: the correct 2023 page if accessed from the US, and last year's content if accessed from Japan.

When accessing virmach.com from Japan, it seems to load data cached on the Vultr Tokyo node.

Yes, but the page has been posted for several days and should have long since exceeded the time limit for the cache to force a refresh, so I don't know why the problem is occurring.

I'm pretty sure cache purging is at least partially manual for VirMach, I remember a previous sale had a similar issue (not regional, though, AFAIK).

(obviously not correct design, but I assume they're rolling their own CDN to some extent)

• edited November 2023

It is so dung hilarious that VirmAch filter its own VPS IP with Capacha
    But at least the nerd got rid of the Alibaba IP block

ben said: RackNerd

Double standard for forbidding mentioning the purple guy

smartass shitposting satirist

• @tulipyun said:

@theloafingone said:
    Not sure what the deal is but I'm still seeing the 2022 BF calculator thing on the BF page.

It looks as if there is an issue with Cloudflare's caching/CDN strategy. When I access the page from different locations, it renders different content: the correct 2023 page if accessed from the US, and last year's content if accessed from Japan.

That seems to be the case on my end as well. I'll try accessing from another country and see if that helps.
    I seem to remember something like this happening before during a previous holiday season sale...

• @VirMach What's the surprise in the mystery box? So curious...I guess it's more of a surprise than a shock...

• @randomq said:
    "An attempt was made."

How did you guys make out this BF week? I didn't buy any VPS this year! 😱

I only bought one VPS this week, paid entirely with affiliate credits that I cannot otherwise withdraw, with enough credits to pay for one renewal too.
    I won't buy any mystery boxes because they most likely will not fit in my desired locations.
    The legendary $8.88 1920MB VirBot deal is renewed, but I'm thinking about cancelling next year.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

noun: surprise; plural noun: surprises
    an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, etc.

Similar:
    shock
    bolt from/out of the blue
    thunderbolt
    bombshell
    revelation
    source of amazement
    rude awakening
    eye-opener
    start
    turn up for the books
    shocker
    whammy

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @yoursunny said:
    The legendary $8.88 1920MB VirBot deal is renewed, but I'm thinking about cancelling next year.

This?

LA10GKVM17
    2 cores
    1920MB RAM
    45GB SSD
    1000GB monthly transfer
    $8.88/year

Thanked by (2)yoursunny admax
  • @VirMach said:

@hike said:
    @VirMach here some extra info :
    Today was generated :

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 11/25/2023.
    Your payment method is: PayPal
    Invoice #1606175
    Amount Due: $XXXX USD
    Due Date: 12/27/2021

This one i paid today , but due date went back 2 years suddenly i checked and last 2 years were also paid.
    Because of wrong due date machines directly suspended and terminated after payment.

There's definitely a combination of specific things that were done that caused it to occur. I replied to your ticket, we're going to need a lot more information to be able to resolve this.

What I've definitely noticed so far is that most the services if not all affected were recently "cancelled" by you and then cancellation removed. Please mention anything else like that you omitted, even if you believe it should not be related. Pretty much anything you clicked in relation to terms, billing, payments, and in what order/when. So for example for the cancellation request example you'd say you put in a cancellation request for X services on X then you removed the cancellation request on X. Then if you used mass pay, you'd mention that. If you clicked mass pay and then cancelled it or let it get cancelled and then re-used mass pay, or clicked mass pay twice, things like that.

@VirMach Can you unsuspend and recover the terminated machines, down for 2 days now. Ticket #953568

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Monday morning and no VirMach, Hmm.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited November 2023

@FrankZ said:

So even VirmAche's right hand man doesn't know what's going on, how intriguing!

@FrankZ said:
    I will be traveling in remote areas from early December 2023 through sometime in March 2024.

Curiosity calls, where will ya go, will ya climb the border wall?

• @FrankZ said:

Please let us know, I've been reloading the absolute heck out of their cyber monday page

@FrankZ said:

im actually impressed. he promised to fix all issues before flash sales and walking the talk

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Last call to buy a mystery box, or maybe it's already past last call, I don't know, but I'll paste this for anyone who actually bought it before it was posted on the other thread a couple days ago then we'll reveal the random locations everyone selected and begin activating them. For the first location that was listed as "First Available Location 1" location which is the "primary" location mentioned in the text below, it likely won't be New York unless we get that back online, and will be LAX. All other locations will be fully randomized. I'll be using a random number generator but no stream or anything like that, at this point if you don't trust that we'll randomize it then you probably shouldn't have bought it.

For the offers, a spreadsheet was already provided to LES staff and randomized initially, we'll be going based off that spreadsheet. Since not all the quantities available for the sale were purchased, it will go until all have been activated. I believe that ends up with maybe 6 or 7 or slightly more randomized plans from the sheet, so if you want to unlock all 25 or 26 it was then buy more.

@LES-BOT said:

The Mystery Box VPS offer from VirMach

This offer is for a Mystery Box, and is quite a bit different from anything that has been done on LES before, so read carefully.

• The offer is for a VPS with random specifications and in a random location.
    • Orders will start to be provisioned once all available quantities have been purchased, or after the sale ends on 23:59 PST November 25th.
    • The price to purchase a Mystery Box VPS is $20 for two years and is reoccurring.

What is meant by random specifications ?

25 different predetermined plans have been made by the provider and have been viewed by all LES staff.
    The specs of the VPS you receive will be in the following ranges:

• 1 to 3 vCore(s) Ryzen CPU [3900x, 3950x, 5900x, or 5950x]
    • 128 MB to 6 GB RAM
    • 10 GB to 100 GB NVMe Disk
    • 1 IPv4
    • 128 GB to 10 TB Monthly Transfer @ 1Gbps

To give you some idea of what you may receive when ordering a Mystery Box VPS, here are IMO, the three worst, as well as three of the better plans. I've left out what I think are the best plans so there remains some mystery.

Three worst plans:

• 1 core, 128 MB RAM, 20 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 500 GB Transfer
    • 1 core, 128 MB RAM, 15 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 10 TB Transfer
    • 1 core, 384 MB RAM, 10 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 128 GB Transfer

Three better plans:

• 1 cores, 3584 MB RAM, 50 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 10 TB Transfer
    • 3 cores, 3072 MB RAM, 50 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 4 TB Transfer
    • 3 cores, 5120 MB RAM, 45 GB NVMe, 1 IPv4, 3.6 TB Transfer

Best plans:

Good luck 🍀

What do you mean by a random location ?

The location of the VPS you purchase is a mystery. You may select any of the buttons for location, all labeled as "random" and before activation, the true locations will be revealed. Or if you just want to make sure you get activated in one of our primary locations that has the highest level of availability, consider leaving it on the default selected box.

Each of the location buttons represent one of these locations:

• San Jose, California - Los Angeles, California - Phoenix, Arizona - Chicago, Illinois - Miami, Florida - Tampa, Florida - Atlanta, Georgia - Secaucus, New Jersey (NYC) - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Frankfurt, Germany

• Please note, if your random location becomes unavailable due to stock level, it will be activated in the next random available location.

Are orders delivered instantaneously ?

• No. Orders will start being provisioned on Sunday November 26th. All orders will be manually provisioned and are expected to be completed by 23:59 PST Monday November 27th, but may take longer.

How will plans be assigned to orders ?

• The plans already have a predetermined order and will be assigned in the order they are received.
    • There are poor, good, and greats plans in random order. So ordering early or late does not determine whether you get a better plan or not.

If I don't like my Mystery Box VPS after it is provisioned, can I get a refund ?

Can you give us a hint on how to get a good Mystery Box VPS ?

• Ordering multiple Mystery Boxes through out the day on BF ensures you have a higher chance of getting at least one of the good plans.

Mystery Box Agreement

• I understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer.
    • I understand this is a random VPS plan, and it could potentially make me upset.
    • I'm a big boy and can handle risk.

Mystery Box Order Link: https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=254

@VirMach :+1:

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • Bliss or obstruction?

• Open those boxes!

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach can we get one time $3 migrate button for the box?

Manual activation sounds no funny business, but if it is so, how do you grantee that you won't mistakes?

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim

• I believe that ends up with maybe 6 or 7 or slightly more randomized plans from the sheet, so if you want to unlock all 25 or 26 it was then buy more.

😶‍🌫️

• wintahwintah OG
    edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    @VirMach can we get one time $3 migrate button for the box?

Manual activation sounds no funny business, but if it is so, how do you grantee that you won't mistakes?

Too late for buyers remorse. "at this point if you don't trust that we'll randomize it then you probably shouldn't have bought it."

I'll nevertheless cry if I'm getting a 128 MB box. I'm sure "Insubstantial" in my box name is a typo, and should be "InSubstantial". Definitely.

e. updated quote

• Just renewed my non working 5120 GB NYC. three days down. Hahay.

@VirMach look at what you've done. Colocrossing now has to sell VPS flash deals by themselves even Racknerd could not fill up the hole you left.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Wonder_Woman

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

OGF is running a Virmach flash deal up to 90% off https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798283/#Comment_3798283
    Tokyo is available with regular support.

Thanked by (1)FAT32

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

edited November 2023

@cybertech said:
    @VirMach look at what you've done. Colocrossing now has to sell VPS flash deals by themselves even Racknerd could not fill up the hole you left.

It's depressing looking at the RN thread. I mean I guess the VirMach one was pretty spammy to get the page counts up but at least people hung out and talked a little bit, and even posted bus photos.

@FrankZ said:
    OGF is running a Virmach flash deal up to 90% off https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798283/#Comment_3798283

Saw your order, was a pleasant surprise. These offers were given to FAT32 and not LET directly. I really liked his coupon system as it made it possible to do some RNG there and based on the comments it seems like most people there don't like having fun.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman

@Fritz said:
    Just renewed my non working 5120 GB NYC. three days down. Hahay.

Hopefully online today so I can stop beating my head against the wall.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

It's depressing looking at the RN thread. I mean I guess the VirMach one was pretty spammy to get the page counts up but at least people hung out and talked a little bit, and even posted bus photos.

@FrankZ said:

Saw your order, was a pleasant surprise. These offers were given to FAT32 and not LET directly. I really liked his coupon system as it made it possible to do some RNG there and based on the comments it seems like most people there don't like having fun.

im sure @Flying_Chinaman is having fun over there, he's dead silent past hours

edited November 2023

@MallocVoidstar said:

@tulipyun said:

@tototo said:

@tulipyun said:

@theloafingone said:

When accessing virmach.com from Japan, it seems to load data cached on the Vultr Tokyo node.

Yes, but the page has been posted for several days and should have long since exceeded the time limit for the cache to force a refresh, so I don't know why the problem is occurring.

I'm pretty sure cache purging is at least partially manual for VirMach, I remember a previous sale had a similar issue (not regional, though, AFAIK).

(obviously not correct design, but I assume they're rolling their own CDN to some extent)

We do need to purge the cache. I haven't done so on purpose, it's not really officially black friday yet in VirMach time.

I think subconsciously I like the idea of all the other providers over-stuffing everyone's mouths with deals before we come in and give people buyer's remorse.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise to get that random code from @FAT32 and I could not help myself from using it in Tokyo.
    It's an awesome deal on the 2GB with regular support and a /48 of IPv6.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 Wonder_Woman

edited November 2023

@FAT32 can i have one 90% too

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cybertech said:

@cybertech said:

Just use the link I posted above. You don't get them from @FAT32 directly, it's just his algorithm that hands out the codes randomly.

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:

@cybertech said:

Just use the link I posted above. You don't get them from @FAT32 directly, it's just his algorithm that hands out the codes randomly.

i was hoping to get a handout