VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @tridinebandim said:
    what where when why(fomo) whichone how much

Tokyo, NVMe1G, 90% off

Thanked by (2)tridinebandim FrankZ
  • @dyfkz1l said:
    @VirMach Sir, can I apply for a 90% discount code, love you 3000 <3

You don't apply for one, it's an auto generated code by @FAT32 and you have a chance to get anywhere from 60% to 90% code which VirMach has no control over.

• @DanSummer said:

@dyfkz1l said:

You don't apply for one, it's an auto generated code by @FAT32 and you have a chance to get anywhere from 60% to 90% code which VirMach has no control over.

What should I do when I don't get the 90% off code @FAT32 ?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said: Until next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-11-27 08:56 EST
    Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -Pn
    Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 3.61 seconds

Not done yet, it is a recycled MJJ IP,
    take my $3, greedy nerd!
    What is courtesy IP change?

@tulipyun said: What should I do when I don't get the 90% off code @FART32 ?

Nag him until next BF

smartass shitposting satirist

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    Was it somewhere hidden in specification that LET code it will charge the card even if you have credits on site... or just my fucking WHMCS decided to go funny on me? I wanted to buy with credits, I had credits selected, it went to saved card.

RIP MY FOOD MONEY /s

also autogenerated hostname really shows my true state, I am TidyMortified :D

also thanks VirMach for another cheap-as-fuck (as I got -90% [thanks FAT32 for rigging it]) IPv4. However I once again ended on FFME001 and 5/7 are out of my reach :D

Thanked by (4)FAT32 FrankZ Jab bikegremlin
  • @tulipyun said:

@DanSummer said:

@dyfkz1l said:

Cry? :)

Thanked by (1)bakageta
  • @DanSummer said:

@tulipyun said:

@DanSummer said:

@dyfkz1l said:

Cry? :)

It was @VirMach who lost a chance to take my money. What do I have to cry about? B)

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @FrankZ said:
    OGF is running a Virmach flash deal up to 90% off https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798283/#Comment_3798283
    Tokyo is available with regular support.

Is this still active? I don't see anything there.

• Scrooooooooooooollllllllllllllll, it's there - could be on another (next) page too, Vanilla is funky for me there.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@mockingbird said:

@FrankZ said:
    OGF is running a Virmach flash deal up to 90% off https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3798283/#Comment_3798283

Seems to have bumped to the top on page 245

Thanked by (1)bakageta

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@mockingbird said:

@FrankZ said:

Seems to have bumped to the top on the next page 245

Thanks. I got a 60% coupon... But the prices on the landing page are so high!

• edited November 2023

@mockingbird said: I got a 60% coupon

If Chinaman got 60%, Chinaman would by a 512MB Tokyo, not bad value as proxy
    But Pope's holy peanuts, I got 90% coupon, so I bought 4GB Tokyo

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

If I got 60%, China would by a 512MB Tokyo, not bad value as proxy
    But I got 90% instead, so I bought 4GB Tokyo

Virmach had a $10/year promotion yesterday so the value isn't there. I'm just wondering if https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ is going to be updated or not. A flash deal would be nice. @VirMach - please comment.

@mockingbird said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

If I got 60%, China would by a 512MB Tokyo, not bad value as proxy
    But I got 90% instead, so I bought 4GB Tokyo

Virmach had a $10/year promotion yesterday so the value isn't there. I'm just wondering if https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ is going to be updated or not. A flash deal would be nice. @VirMach - please comment.

Will flash deals be returning?
    Flash deals are not ready yet.

• edited November 2023

Any neighbor at Tokyo 037, 038 and 002S?

Cum'on the CPU steal bump on 037 is as ridiculous as Tokyo storage
    @VirMach how many lads have cramped in, got oversold like old E5 days?
    Don't you say it is due to the thermal issue again

• I'm not the only one polishing the F5-button by repeated presses while glued to the status of their Mystery Box Product/Service page, am I ?

Thanked by (1)criver
  • Got a 90%, wasn't planning on grabbing more services but I guess I'm in for an nvme4g. At least if my mystery box luck sucks I'll have this to fall back on.

• edited November 2023

@virmach any chance paying for additional storage from blackfriday pricing for existing service?

• TYOC007 offline again? @VirMach

• Rats! Didn't get 90% :(

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bikegremlin
  • I was hoping to receive a 90% discount coupon, but I only got a 60% one. :'(

• Fri, 24 Nov 2023 03:51:00 -080 Update -- new hardware has arrived. Technician will arrive at datacenter soon to complete the hardware swap.

WOOOOOOOOOOO?

@Flying_Chinaman said: Don't you say it is due to the thermal issue again

Turns out it's due to thermal issues but this one flew under the radar because it also has such low CPU utilization that it's not normally noticed, only in bursts.

@Flying_Chinaman said: @VirMach how many lads have cramped in, got oversold like old E5 days?

I can move you to a much emptier, very nice node outside of Tokyo if you prefer. Just let me know. I'll even give you our very exclusive 3% flying chinaman discount.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@Jab said:
    Was it somewhere hidden in specification that LET code it will charge the card even if you have credits on site... or just my fucking WHMCS decided to go funny on me? I wanted to buy with credits, I had credits selected, it went to saved card.

RIP MY FOOD MONEY /s

also autogenerated hostname really shows my true state, I am TidyMortified :D

also thanks VirMach for another cheap-as-fuck (as I got -90% [thanks FAT32 for rigging it]) IPv4. However I once again ended on FFME001 and 5/7 are out of my reach :D

So, I've just logged into panel to check network status and I see that my credits have been used on the last order... that also charged my card. I was sooooooo ready to came here to throw some big words toward you - CHARGEBACK, SCAM, VirMach, MJJ, CHICKEN, POEM etc... but then I see my card payment was cancelled by merchant and I my funds were returned.

If you did it manually many thanks, but I was only joking about food, I could still afford some pasta and sausages!
    If you didn't do it manually then just headsup that WHMCS is going nuts again.

WOOF WOOF

Thanked by (3)FrankZ bikegremlin FAT32

@tridinebandim said:
    @virmach any chance paying for additional storage from blackfriday pricing for existing service?

Probably not, but at some point in time we might sub-categorize specials based on disk amount categories and then let you upgrade to some standardized plans optionally. I assume for most people the pricing won't be as good as what they got though. These standardized plans would also unlock some paid features though such as migrations and maybe support.

So for example 0GB to 20GB might get marked as 20 sub-category, 21GB to 35GB as 35, 36GB to 50GB as 50, and so on, and you'd be able to upgrade to any of the standardized plans with at least that much disk. Of course you could be left in a situation where the standardized plan offered potentially has less memory, bandwidth, or CPU.

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim
  • JabJab
    edited November 2023

@VirMach will you tell us (after everything) if selecting Mystery Location had any play on VM received or we need to gather data now and crowdsource it? :D
    I went with number 9 because it said Europe, duh.
    Select Location: Mystery Location 9 - Hey remember two of these are EU

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown AlwaysSkint

• HeyImCluelessHeyImClueless Retired
    edited November 2023

I'm new around here- so I'm curious. With DC issues (colon dumping and the other vendor going out of business, IP issues from multiple vendors, service consolidates/trasfers, shipping issues, remote hands issues, overwhelmed ticket support, china issues, thermal paste issues, low staff issues; why on earth would anyone buy virmach services?

And why wouldn't virmach
    1. restrict china
    2. stop allowing transfers
    3. buy his own IP space so he wouldn't get randomly dumped
    4. reduce footprint until he could handle the operation

Seems people buy virmach for the entertainment of what will go wrong next

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @Jab said: I went with number 9

i went with 2, because it said ams or ger i dont remember

• @Jab said:
    @VirMach will you tell us (after everything) if selecting Mystery Location had any play on VM received or we need to gather data now and crowdsource it? :D
    I went with number 9 because it said Europe, duh.
    Select Location: Mystery Location 9 - Hey remember two of these are EU

I'm really hoping it does and that Number 6 is Frankfurt... which I have reasons to think I might've figured it out... if it's not... then bummer, I'll be rather sad

• So 2,6,9 is Frankfurt. /s
    Anyone selected anything else for Frankfurt? :D