VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• I guess I'll also be ok with 6 being Amsterdam... but then you'll be sad... so we're hoping for 9 being Amsterdam and 6 being Frankfurt :p

Lol btw, there's another (more credible) reason why I think (hope) 6 is Frankfurt... other than it saying: "Los Angeles? New York? Frankfurt? " in the description :p

• I want a EU one, but I left all 3 purchases as the default one thinking they were all random :(

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • @ZA_capetown said: "Los Angeles? New York? Frankfurt?

i may have choose this one

• @tridinebandim said:

@ZA_capetown said: "Los Angeles? New York? Frankfurt?

i may have choose this one

At random? Or hoping for Frankfurt? Or one of the others?

• hoping for frankfurt and hoping these 3 location is better for eu, there must be a reason 3 of them in one line

• @tridinebandim said:
    hoping for frankfurt and hoping these 3 location is better for eu, there must be a reason 3 of them in one line

Well... the reason might've been to confuse and trick us? :o

New York would be the next best for EU, after Frankfurt and Amsterdam... but... Los Angeles not so much :s

Thanked by (2)tridinebandim VirMach
  • @HeyImClueless said:
    I'm new around here- so I'm curious. With DC issues (colon dumping and the other vendor going out of business, IP issues from multiple vendors, service consolidates/trasfers, shipping issues, remote hands issues, overwhelmed ticket support, china issues, thermal paste issues, low staff issues; why on earth would anyone buy virmach services?

And why wouldn't virmach
    1. restrict china
    2. stop allowing transfers
    3. buy his own IP space so he wouldn't get randomly dumped
    4. reduce footprint until he could handle the operation

Seems people buy virmach for the entertainment of what will go wrong next

For someone that claim they're new, you seem to have all the talking points.

I buy it because it's one of the best value for money despite what you may think.

Most, of the issues they ran into can happen to any provider (cloudflare comes to mind), all the issues are well documented by them and they're always honest about it.

• I wish @VirMach will give a flash deal to those who've been waiting for months for their M/C work, aka DALZ007 customers.

• @tenpera said:
    I wish @VirMach will give a flash deal to those who've been waiting for months for their M/C work, aka DALZ007 customers.

I'm sure there's a 1c/128MB/5GB flash deal with your name on it.

• @skorous said:

@tenpera said:
    I wish @VirMach will give a flash deal to those who've been waiting for months for their M/C work, aka DALZ007 customers.

I'm sure there's a 1c/128MB/5GB flash deal with your name on it.

Sigh, I'm finally (trying) to let go of my $3.60 = 256MB and the $4.95 = 384MB ones... but I still have a couple of days left to uncancel the cancellations... so not sure whether I'll be able to stay strong... addiction is bad :-/

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @DanSummer said:

@HeyImClueless said:
    I'm new around here- so I'm curious. With DC issues (colon dumping and the other vendor going out of business, IP issues from multiple vendors, service consolidates/trasfers, shipping issues, remote hands issues, overwhelmed ticket support, china issues, thermal paste issues, low staff issues; why on earth would anyone buy virmach services?

And why wouldn't virmach
    1. restrict china

For someone that claim they're new, you seem to have all the talking points.

I buy it because it's one of the best value for money despite what you may think.

Most, of the issues they ran into can happen to any provider (cloudflare comes to mind), all the issues are well documented by them and they're always honest about it.

I lurked for a while and actually read much of the thread

• @tenpera said:

Knowing Virmach I'm hoping for some surprise for those that stuck it out... like a doubling resources or something of the likes 🍀

• Is there an expiration date on this coupon?
    I don't need anymore US locations now that Seattle is out of the cards (or am I remembering wrong here?)
    Would be looking to wait for Tokyo to come back in stock. With all the random outages I've seen over the past few months, I think a backup would be in order.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

I think everyone who bought a mystery box needs to be prepared for the five stages of grief. Statistically speaking with what's known on you end:

There's only a 1/10 chance you get the location you want.
    Based on the 6 previews shared, there's only a 1/6 chance of getting a service above 4GB memory.

@ZA_capetown said: Well... the reason might've been to confuse and trick us?

Here actually I'll begin to crush everyone's hopes and dreams now.

Locations for mystery box revealed. Mystery box placed out of stock. For locations 2 through 10, I'm going to do random number generator in this order (this isn't the order, it's the order they get drawn) -- PHX, SJC, ATL, AMS, NYC, FFM, MIA, CHI, TPA. So the number it lands on in that location order is the location # the location gets tied to basically.

Note added later: these are final, regardless of whether I messed up the random numbers.

• Location 1: Los Angeles, CA
    • Location 2: Amsterdam, NL
    • Location 3: Tampa, FL
    • Location 4: Atlanta, GA
    • Location 5: Frankfurt, DE
    • Location 6: NYC Metro, NJ
    • Location 7: San Jose, CA
    • Location 8: Chicago, IL
    • Location 9: Phoenix, AZ
    • Location 10: Miami, FL

Logs:

First number drawn was 9.
    Second number drawn was 9, since this was already used it was repeated: 7.
    Third number drawn was 7, since it was already used it was repeated: 4.
    Fourth number drawn was 2.
    Fifth number drawn was 2, since it was already used it was repeated: 7. Repeated: 6.
    Sixth number drawn as: 9, since it was already used it was repeated: 7. Repeated: 4. Repeated: 4. Repeated: 9. Okay I'm starting to think this wasn't the best way of doing this. Repeated: 5.
    Seventh number drawn was: 10.
    Eight number drawn was: 2. Repeated: 9. Repeated: 6. Repeated: 7. Repeated: 8.
    Ninth number drawn was: good thing my brain realized there was only one left, 3. This is where I ended up confusing myself and realized I need to trace back from the logs.

@dgc1980 said: I want a EU one, but I left all 3 purchases as the default one thinking they were all random

:#

This was the only one clearly labeled different than the others as a primary location. I mean you are right that Amsterdam counts as a primary location, it just doesn't have the highest level of availability. Putting all your eggs in the default basket didn't pay off. I do feel bad but no that bad since it was basically indicated as such as status.virm.ac exists. CTRL+F "NYC" is 25 results, CTRL+F "LAX" is 31 results. I even mentioned it in a comment somewhere here, but this was the original relevant text from the mystery box post:

Or if you just want to make sure you get activated in one of our primary locations that has the highest level of availability, consider leaving it on the default selected box.

Actually I do feel bad since it was probably going to be NYC and therefore at least a little bit closer to Europe, not literally on the other side of the globe.

Anyway, I feel like I've equally upset everyone with these location picks so you may now have a group therapy session or get the pitchforks out.

@HeyImClueless said:

And why wouldn't virmach
    1. restrict china

I think you answered yourself in your first paragraph. I suppose some people see the fact that a low-end provider somehow made it through colon dumping as you say, a provider going out of business, multiple vendors giving us IP issues, having to do service consolidations/transfers, shipping issues, remote hands issues, as well as other events you listed... as a good thing. Because anyone else would've probably just stolen their money and ended services abruptly/gone out of business.

For your other specific points on why we wouldn't do the following:

1. restrict china

China isn't one person. It's not fair to just disallow up to 1.4 billion people from using our services just because of where they live.

1. stop allowing transfers

Then it'd be worse, bad unofficial transfers that look like account hacks/multi-account which we disallow. They wouldn't just stop occurring. And we generally support the idea of transferring services instead of banking on people never using it for the remainder of the term if they don't want it.

1. buy his own IP space so he wouldn't get randomly dumped

We don't have 3 million dollars. I don't know if you could tell that by our pricing and quantity of servers on our status page or not, and the cost of our specials, and the current IPv4 prices.

1. reduce footprint until he could handle the operation

The footprint of the operation had nothing to do with this, we were theoretically understaffed since before all the events you described occurred and handled it fine. Footprint could have been smaller and most of the issues you described that actually contributed to whatever you see as a negative consequence of the operation not being "handled" would still be there. If a provider goes out of business, then that still affects customers. If IPv4 has issues, that still affects customers. Sure maybe it'd reduce it a little bit but it still occurs. Reducing footprint unnaturally would bring its own set of business challenges. By trying to do that to a significant degree in a short period of time, we might get stuck sinking more time into that and upsetting even more people.

@theloafingone said:
    Is there an expiration date on this coupon?
    I don't need anymore US locations now that Seattle is out of the cards (or am I remembering wrong here?)
    Would be looking to wait for Tokyo to come back in stock. With all the random outages I've seen over the past few months, I think a backup would be in order.

If you mean the OGF one, then this isn't OGF so I wouldn't normally discuss it here but just in case it wasn't posted there clearly, then it's meant for cyber monday, so after cyber monday, it's gone. If you're lucky maybe Tokyo would return today. I don't know if it will or not, more people ordered it than expected as usual and it wasn't originally going to be included but was mainly as there was no good immediate solution and I figured we'd keep it running until there were too many orders and there were. I have to make sure we have enough space to at least bring back the small number of people waiting on TYOC038 outage resolution and some space to keep the location open until it's restocked. If that's evaluated and there's some extra space then it could be placed back in stock before your coupon expires. I'd say 20% chance.

• Famous VirMach move - wall of text.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited November 2023

@Jab said:
    Famous VirMach move - wall of text.

You guys have ChatGPT now, it can summarize for you but it could result in many important words being lost. I'd recommend asking it if it has any specific information about what's relevant to you.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach ETA on flash offers please?

• @mockingbird said:
    @VirMach ETA on flash offers please?

FFS at least read some of the text above :D

• but but but...

• Location 5: Frankfurt, DE

I selected this location because I like the number 5. I am a genius.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@MallocVoidstar said: I selected this location because I like the number 5. I am a genius.

How do I downvote people here? He can't have it better than me!
    /s

EDIT: I HOPE YOU WILL GET BIG SPECS THAT COULDN'T BE FIT INTO FRANKFURT AND YOU WILL END IN NYC!!!111oneoen

• NYC IS BACK

• Oh, They're ALIVE!

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said: Seems people buy virmach for the entertainment of what will go wrong next

That's exactly the fun part,
    There will be more entertaining,
    if I were not on the dung node.

Stay chill and watch rage lads come to there,
    yelled and cursed,
    but at end of day,
    got either banned or PUA by @FrankZ

Thanked by (1)wankel

smartass shitposting satirist

Mystery Boxes are going to begin activating. I'd say about 39% of you are going to be really mad, 17% will be slightly bummed out to neutral, 26% should be happy, and maybe 17% ecstatic. The other 1% will be rounding errors. And keep in mind it goes in batches for each configuration so there's going to be waves of emotions.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

getting ready to laugh at MJJ disappointed comments and asking for refund

meanwhile the stable AMS service renewed

root@AMS-3C3G35GB:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -4i
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-11-24                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue 28 Nov 2023 06:45:56 AM +08

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 132 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3499.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.0 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 34.1 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 6.3.0-2-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : xTom GmbH
    ASN        : AS3214 xTom GmbH
    Host       : Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    Location   : Amsterdam, North Holland (NH)
    Country    : Netherlands

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 428.21 MB/s (107.0k) | 273.66 MB/s   (4.2k)
    Write      | 429.34 MB/s (107.3k) | 275.10 MB/s   (4.2k)
    Total      | 857.55 MB/s (214.3k) | 548.77 MB/s   (8.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 580.69 MB/s   (1.1k) | 875.19 MB/s    (854)
    Write      | 611.54 MB/s   (1.1k) | 933.47 MB/s    (911)
    Total      | 1.19 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.80 GB/s     (1.7k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 5378
    Multi Core      | 13108
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16984205

YABS completed in 3 min 13 sec

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

What?

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

What?

oh i sorry. its demanding

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited November 2023

@cybertech said:

Unironically what's going to happen because the first plan happened to probably be the 2nd or 3rd worst one. I'll wait a little bit before activating the second one to get all most the crying out the way.

SKU#1

128MB RAM
    1 CPU
    15GB Disk
    10TB Bandwidth

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    Mystery Boxes are going to begin activating. I'd say about 39% of you are going to be really mad, 17% will be slightly bummed out to neutral, 26% should be happy, and maybe 17% ecstatic. The other 1% will be rounding errors. And keep in mind it goes in batches for each configuration so there's going to be waves of emotions.

I'll take the 17% ecstatic please, k thx! :s

Thanked by (1)FrankZ