VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@tulipyun said:
    No, I did get some very attractive plans from virmach, some of which shouldn't have been enough to cover his costs, but now we're both clear :3

Typical stage of denial, our MJJ shepherd community coach Chad @FrankZ will provide you emotional support

WOW, it looks like I have a long journey ahead of me and that's enough to give me relief.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ben said:
    This year's Black Friday is a day worth celebrating for VirMach; they sold a significant amount of 128MB products at $20, marking a miracle in VPS sales history.

Sadly nothing to celebrate over after you see most the rest, plus $10/YR for anything with IPv4 & Ryzen is hardly a terrible deal. I mean it's pretty bad by a margin of like $3/YR but could make a pretty cool VPN or something with the 10TB bandwidth.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ FAT32 wankel
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@ben said:
    This year's Black Friday is a day worth celebrating for VirMach; they sold a significant amount of 128MB products at $20, marking a miracle in VPS sales history.

not to worry you can pay $3 to transfer to other buyers.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Cool, I feel safe to place order now.

• The VirmAche Mystery Box poem by an angry MJJ, narrated by @yoursunny :
    https://transfer.sh/dOIO7LwS7a/3801399.mp3
    (link valid for 14 days)

Thanked by (2)abiaolaoge wankel

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @virmach - is there a chance the https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ is gonna have something... Don't make me buy racknerd -- anything but that.

edited November 2023

@mockingbird said:
    @virmach - is there a chance the https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ is gonna have something... Don't make me buy racknerd -- anything but that.

Lucky for you RackNerd's same offer will likely be there for at least forever (life of the company), so you should wait a little bit longer and see.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ben take it easy man, it's just $20! Was any particular specs promised to you?

• @Flying_Chinaman said: Cum'on isn't that pure malice justice? :+1:

Thanked by (2)DanSummer FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@mockingbird said:
    @virmach - is there a chance the https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ is gonna have something... Don't make me buy racknerd -- anything but that.

Lucky for you RackNerd's same offer will likely be there for at least forever (life of the company), so you should wait a little bit longer and see.

Hey - I gotta thank you, I do have one of your services and I have nothing but praise for it... Should you decide to do the last-minute flash sale, I have your page open... As for the mystery box debacle -- I saw it, I read it, I chose not to buy it. Caveat empor. Let the buyer beware.

• benben
    edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@ben said:

Sadly nothing to celebrate over after you see most the rest, plus $10/YR for anything with IPv4 & Ryzen is hardly a terrible deal. I mean it's pretty bad by a margin of like $3/YR but could make a pretty cool VPN or something with the 10TB bandwidth.

I reckon that increasing the memory to 384-512MB would reasonably decrease the customers' anger index.

SKU#2

640MB RAM
    1 CPU
    25GB Disk
    2TB Bandwidth

Thanked by (2)FrankZ user123
  • JabJab
    edited November 2023

I really hope VirMach gonna bump those 128MB people to that 386MB so it will at least work [and those 386 to 512 so they don't feel bad too], but other than that you can't be mad - you knew what you was buying - it was nicely listed in LES post aka "a dream of good machine, with a chance on getting dog shit". This is how unregulated gambling and 90% (data straight from my ass of coures) Mystery Boxes works...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@jungleparrot said:

@VirMach said:
    Want me to tell you what you would've gotten?

Hit me.

Sorry for the wait, hopefully the drumroll wasn't too annoying.

2GB RAM, 2 Core, 25GB disk, 1TB bandwidth

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @jungleparrot How do you feel now? Are you sad that payment was 'declined' or you happy that you dodge a bullet? Tell us your first reaction!

Thanked by (2)DanSummer FrankZ

Oops, turns out some of the people I just sent a message to telling them their specifications will be updated will be getting another rollercoaster ride because I didn't realize they go on the third plan, not the second. So you might get another change.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • JabJab
    edited November 2023

@VirMach said: Oops, turns out some of the people I just sent a message to telling them their specifications will be updated will be getting another rollercoaster ride because I didn't realize they go on the third plan, not the second. So you might get another change.

Does this also include @jungleparrot!? :D [moving from 3 to 4 or whatever the SKU # he was :D]

• edited November 2023

Oh, and I'm terribly sorry, I don't know why I can't find what I thought I saw before, I take back all my words.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@tulipyun said:

@DanSummer said:
    @ben take it easy man, it's just $20! Was any particular specs promised to you?

Since Virmach artificially reduced the original 25 plans to 6-7 after completing the sale, this greatly reduced the abundance of the plans, and consequently resulted in people losing the probability of getting other plans.

And Virmach chose to offer the worst plan to as many as 39% of those customers, which I think is the main reason he lost hearts and minds

We all lose something when the mystery box becomes a black box.

one crybaby found.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited November 2023

@tulipyun said:

@DanSummer said:

Since Virmach artificially reduced the original 25 plans to 6-7 after completing the sale, this greatly reduced the abundance of the plans, and consequently resulted in people losing the probability of getting other plans.

And Virmach chose to offer the worst plan to as many as 39% of those customers, which I think is the main reason he lost hearts and minds

I have no idea what you're saying but I already predicted everyone making up conspiracy theories so the entire list of plans, the order they'd get created in, in what quantities, was already sent to LES staff and being followed precisely. We even averaged it all out to be a specific agreed upon number and then agreed to reveal bottom 3 worst possible plans and 3 of the top several plans to make sure people definitely understood what they could get, one of which was the 128MB plan people got.

How exactly did you envision it going? Do basic math, there will have to be higher quantity of smaller plans than large plans otherwise they'd average to nearly the top plan.

• LOL🤣, a 128 MB dead-end for $20. Virmach should be happy coz there are losers willing to buy this crap 🤣. Now it's time for the losers to shoot negative reviews.

• Need a name/hostname for my brand new shiny NVMe1GB from LET coupon code in Frankfurt for few bucks a year.
    Any ideas?

Some of the 640MB plans created as 10TB bandwidth, we'll just keep it the same.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @DanSummer said:

Do you think it's a reasonable plan when a large proportion of the population gets the worst outcome?

• @ben said: Do you think it's a reasonable plan when a large proportion of the population gets the worst outcome?

That is exactly how gambling works, yes.

Thanked by (1)bakageta

• @Jab said:
    Need a name/hostname for my brand new shiny NVMe1GB from LET coupon code in Frankfurt for few bucks a year.
    Any ideas?

"Shpitzer"

• @mockingbird said:
    "Shpitzer"

No idea what this is, no idea if I will ever remember that but I will take it. Thanks.

Thanked by (1)mockingbird

• @VirMach said:

@tulipyun said:

@DanSummer said:

I have no idea what you're saying but I already predicted everyone making up conspiracy theories so the entire list of plans, the order they'd get created in, in what quantities, was already sent to LES staff and being followed precisely. We even averaged it all out to be a specific agreed upon number and then agreed to reveal bottom 3 worst possible plans and 3 of the top several plans to make sure people definitely understood what they could get, one of which was the 128MB plan people got.

How exactly did you envision it going? Do basic math, there will have to be higher quantity of smaller plans than large plans otherwise they'd average to nearly the top plan.

Oh, and I'm terribly sorry, I don't know why I can't find what I thought I saw before, I take back all my words.

• Oh, and I'm terribly sorry, I don't know why I can't find what I thought I saw before, I take back all my words.

Okay so I find this pretty funny, this guy that got a 128MB plan ended up getting bumped up to SKU#2 and he's actually supposed to be in SKU#3 and I'll let the person reveal themselves if they want because it's extra funny when you find out who it is. Insanely lucky bastard.

SKU#3

4096MB RAM
    2 CPU
    100GB Disk
    4TB Bandwidth