VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited December 2023

I am impressed with your faith considering how long it lasts (soon™ measured in years instead of, what would be more reasonable, in maybe weeks), but there's most likely a more sensible and mature way to make people go instead of keeping servers down until payment runs out, don't you think?
    Although I don't care that much anymore, I hope that he's more mature than that.

Thanked by (1)strongjake1
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mumbly said:
    I am impressed with your faith considering how long it lasts (soon™ measured in years instead of, what would be more reasonable, in maybe weeks), but there's most likely a more sensible and mature way to make people go instead of keeping servers down until payment runs out, don't you think?
    Although I don't care that much anymore, I hope that he's more mature than that.

I would agree that leaving nodes down for weeks or months is not a generally acceptable practice, no matter the reasoning. That is why I do understand people leaving. I probably stay because some outages are actually helpful for my use case, as I build fault tolerant redundant systems. No random outages, no way to test if the systems actually work or not. Also as I said before, this has not been as big a problem for me as it has been for others.

Secondly, for years I have been joking around about VirMach being run by a grant from https://soc.ucla.edu/ to prompt reactions in a social group. So this is not new thinking on my part. I probably would not call it "faith" as it is more like I find the reactions to various stimuli that are introduced "interesting". Probably also why I tried to help other clients out along the way all these years

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited December 2023

@FrankZ said: Secondly, for years I have been joking around about VirMach being run by a grant from https://soc.ucla.edu/ to prompt reactions in a social group. So this is not new thinking on my part. I probably would not call it "faith" as it is more like I find the reactions to various stimuli that are introduced "interesting". Probably also why I tried to help other clients out along the way all these years

But you're not just an impartial observer. You're in the same bag as us and you judge things from your point of view. If researchers would sort us into groups you would most likely fall into a group jokingly called "believers" or something like that and got own "interesting" chapter in the final report.
    For example there wasn't just help, there was also gaslighting, arguing against completely legit complaints, patronising and so on ... in the past. Some may say that there were moments when you were overprotective toward the host. Interesting reaction for researchers for sure :p

Thanked by (1)strongjake1
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I consider myself a realist. That aside in your opinion do you think that my actions on both the OGF and LES over the years have been more detrimental to people than helpful ?
    IMO it normally is pretty hard for one person to gaslight a group. It is normally much easier to do by a group to an individual.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown burntascii

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach please come back and say something - this topic pivoted into some crazy social experiment and they are using a lot of difficult words.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach After months of being offline, even if you can't come up with a solution right now, you should extend the term for services that are currently unavailable instead of sending out a new invoice.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Mumbly

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2023

@tulipyun said:
    @VirMach After months of being offline, even if you can't come up with a solution right now, you should extend the term for services that are currently unavailable instead of sending out a new invoice.

you should cancel instead of paying that invoice and sue him for $3.

Thanked by (1)margincons

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:
    @VirMach After months of being offline, even if you can't come up with a solution right now, you should extend the term for services that are currently unavailable instead of sending out a new invoice.

The point is what Virmach should have done, not accusations of what I should have done.

Obviously I can't go cross-country and sue him for a few dollars, but that doesn't mean he's right to do it

Thanked by (2)strongjake1 Mumbly

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2023

@tulipyun said:

@cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:

The point is what Virmach should have done, not accusations of what I should have done.

Obviously I can't go cross-country and sue him for a few dollars, but that doesn't mean he's right to do it

he has already done what he has done, its up to you to do what you should have done. obviously you can only control your own actions at this point.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach is on vacation, We should wait patiently.

I'm planning to cancel my Dallas-2GB $6.94/year since it is an idler.

Thanked by (1)margincons
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Fritz said: I'm planning to cancel my Dallas-2GB $6.94/year since it is an idler.

I predict that you will be getting inbound DM requests to transfer it instead of cancelling it.

• Just cancel it. Don't transfer the service, VirMach has not processed service transfer requests in recent days.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I expect that has to do more with the holidays than anything nefarious.

• @Fritz said:
    I'm planning to cancel my Dallas-2GB $6.94/year since it is an idler.

If you're about to cancel it, I'd love to take it.
    I'll cover the yearly fee plus the transfer cost. Let me know if you're down to pass it.

• Thanked by (3)FrankZ imok FAT32
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

MS said:

Good thinking :+1: :+1: . Maybe the reason VirMach has not been around is due to the lack of bus postings.

Thanked by (2)_MS_ FAT32

• NYCB004 is overloading and we're attempting to bring it under control. The filesystem and RAID controller appear to have no issues and this appears to be an issue at the host operating system level. We are attempting to avoid a reboot and this may take longer than usual due to being a storage node.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@abiaolaoge said:
    Just cancel it. Don't transfer the service, VirMach has not processed service transfer requests in recent days.

Actually transfers have been fast lately if both accounts are in good standing.

• @FrankZ said:
    Actually transfers have been fast lately if both accounts are in good standing.

Yes, I can confirm this. About 3 weeks ago I did my first (and only so far) transfer, and it was all completed and transferred in less than 15 minutes. B)

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous DanSummer
  • Virmach is falling down, finally.

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• We wish imok Virmach a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • santa

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • We also wish our favourite @imok a Happy New Year filled with exotic foods and that Dedi of yours

Thanked by (1)imok
  • edited December 2023

DALZ004 and DALZ007 have been offline for almost four months. Why do you pretend you have no knowledge? If it can't be restored, why don't flash sale users be allowed to migrate to other regions and choose to sacrifice their time and money?
    Since you have chosen to discriminate against flash sale users from the beginning, why did you start the flash sale? Do you want to deliberately harm customers? @VirMach @FrankZ

Even if you don't intend to abide by the spirit of the contract, don't you even have conscience? For customers who trust you, your reward is to undermine their rights and laugh at them? @VirMach @FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Although you have only made 16 comments here at LES all regarding DALZ004 and DALZ007, I would like to thank you for your restraint by spacing them out over time. Can I ask what is the specs and cost of the service that you have/had in Dallas ?

• I've found that their trick is to never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it.
    I don't see how going after specs and costs helps at all, but it leads the original thread in a pointless direction.

• @tulipyun said:
    I've found that their trick is to never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it.
    I don't see how going after specs and costs helps at all, but it leads the original thread in a pointless direction.

What was all that about? Posted in the wrong thread?

• @DanSummer said:

@tulipyun said:
    I've found that their trick is to never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it.

He thinks FrankZ is deflecting.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tulipyun said:

I expect that he does not see why I am asking the question and thinks I am doing something nefarious.

• @skorous said:

@DanSummer said:

@tulipyun said:

He thinks FrankZ is deflecting.

Aha! Seeing all the "they", I thought he accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Knowing FrankZ, I suspect he wanted to offer to transfer to the guy one of his vps. Hence the question about specs.

@tulipyun you should know by now that not everyone is out to get you.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous ZA_capetown