VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said:
    I've found that their trick is to never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it.
    I don't see how going after specs and costs helps at all, but it leads the original thread in a pointless direction.

I expect that he does not see why I am asking the question and thinks I am doing something nefarious.

Yes, I don't understand why you're asking such a question, and as a moderator you're perfectly capable of explaining it head on, rather than implying/accusing me that I think you're doing something nefarious. I never said anything like that.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said:
    I've found that their trick is to never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it.
    I don't see how going after specs and costs helps at all, but it leads the original thread in a pointless direction.

I expect that he does not see why I am asking the question and thinks I am doing something nefarious.

Yes, I don't understand why you're asking such a question, and as a moderator you're perfectly capable of explaining it head on, rather than implying/accusing me that I think you're doing something nefarious. I never said anything like that.

Oh, no, you did imply exactly that.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said:

You interjected yourself into a conversation I was having with someone who tagged me. You accused me of " never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it." when all I was looking to do was see if I had a comparable VM to transfer to @wuyicheng538. I think if you had a better comprehension of English you might get what is being said and maybe not lash out at people without reason.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said:

You interjected yourself into a conversation I was having with someone who tagged me. You accused me of " never want to answer a question head on, they'll find something completely unrelated and pretend to answer it." when all I was looking to do was see if I had a comparable VM to transfer to @wuyicheng538. I think if you had a better comprehension of English you might get what is being said and maybe not lash out at people without reason.

Okay, thanks for the answer. I'm sorry if I have offended you and I apologize for that.

I'd like to explain a little bit about this, without your later additions, I really don't see how your response and how it resolves the four month long offline of DALZ004 and DALZ007 is of any help, you simply specifically pointed out that wuyicheng538 had 16 reviews and further pursued the specs & price.

That's what I'm having trouble understanding, why you're not willing to be direct and give a clear response, instead of just telling half the story. That was the underlying reason I posted my response.

As for your reference to me inserting myself into your conversation, I made a point of not quoting your conversation, but I guess anyone should be able to voice their opinion in this thread, right? Especially since I am one of the users affected by DALZ004 and DALZ007 offline.

Again, I apologize, I was simply hoping for a clear and complete response, and I hope I have your forgiveness.

Thanked by (1)strongjake1

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@tulipyun as you said you have a right to speak here as much as anyone, so there is nothing to forgive. I took no offense, I just though you were off base, but we are cool as far as I am concerned.

Regarding your request for direct answers, I think that you are under a misconception that I can some how answer for VirMach, or fix servers that are broken. I do not, and never have, worked for VirMach. So I have a hard time understanding why you expect me to be able to fix DALZ004 and DALZ007, or answer questions concerning the issue.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited December 2023

@tulipyun I have offered the solution and you refused to take it, and now realise you had doubled down:

now it makes sense it seems you won't ever do anything apart from posting here,

so tough luck, all the best.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said:
    Although you have only made 16 comments here at LES all regarding DALZ004 and DALZ007, I would like to thank you for your restraint by spacing them out over time. Can I ask what is the specs and cost of the service that you have/had in Dallas ?

Thank you for your reply. My server price at DALZ is $5 per year, from the 2022 year-end flash sale. I am very grateful to VirMach for providing us with a cost-effective server. Even after being offline for three months, I did not submit any work orders. At that time, I was willing to believe that VirMach would solve the problem. But as you can see, VirMach didn't take the offline issue seriously, and even ignored our anxious wait. A few days ago, I renewed this offline server for another year. I believe many people will tell me that it is my trust that contributes to VirMach's bad attitude. I admit this point of view. Maybe I am still a little lucky, but This last bit of trust depends on VirMach's performance.
    I didn't know that you were not an employee of VirMach, so please forgive me if I offend you.@FrankZ

• I advise VirMach users who submit questions here not to disclose too much information that can identify your account. VirMach is known to retaliate, and based on my knowledge, at least three users who complained here had all their VPS services suspended.

VirMach may not address the issues you raise, but they are likely to take action against the person raising the concerns.

@bisonxw said:
    I advise VirMach users who submit questions here not to disclose too much information that can identify your account. VirMach is known to retaliate, and based on my knowledge, at least three users who complained here had all their VPS services suspended.

VirMach may not address the issues you raise, but they are likely to take action against the person raising the concerns.

because they broke the ToS innit

• @wuyicheng538 said:

@FrankZ said:
    Although you have only made 16 comments here at LES all regarding DALZ004 and DALZ007, I would like to thank you for your restraint by spacing them out over time. Can I ask what is the specs and cost of the service that you have/had in Dallas ?

Thank you for your reply. My server price at DALZ is $5 per year, from the 2022 year-end flash sale. I am very grateful to VirMach for providing us with a cost-effective server. Even after being offline for three months, I did not submit any work orders. At that time, I was willing to believe that VirMach would solve the problem. But as you can see, VirMach didn't take the offline issue seriously, and even ignored our anxious wait. A few days ago, I renewed this offline server for another year. I believe many people will tell me that it is my trust that contributes to VirMach's bad attitude. I admit this point of view. Maybe I am still a little lucky, but This last bit of trust depends on VirMach's performance.
    I didn't know that you were not an employee of VirMach, so please forgive me if I offend you.@FrankZ

Yeah, FrankZ is just a client of Virmach like you and me.

What's the spec of the VPS though? Beside the price, how many cpu core, Ram, drive size?
    That way we can offer you something close enough.

I'll let FrankZ take a stab at this first in case he has something close enough. If not, I'll give it a try.

Regarding DALZ04 and DALZ07, I have 3 VPS on those that have been offline for 4 months. At this stage, it's quite vexing. Can't understand what could take a data center or a host 4 months to stand up/send similar equipment somewhere else. We know you have ready servers at your office.

I also plan to renew all 3 servers when they come up for renewal in 3 days. A classic case of sunk cost fallacy.

• @bisonxw said:
    I advise VirMach users who submit questions here not to disclose too much information that can identify your account. VirMach is known to retaliate, and based on my knowledge, at least three users who complained here had all their VPS services suspended.

Got examples?

• @cybertech said:
    @tulipyun I have offered the solution and you refused to take it, and now realise you had doubled down:

> Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.
    > 

I am actually canceling or have canceled multiple services at Virmach, but that doesn't conflict with my desire to restore a VPS that is in the middle of a service period.

Of course you're right, there's really nothing I can do about virmach's approach other than post it here.

@tulipyun said:

@cybertech said:

> > Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.
    > > 

I am actually canceling or have canceled multiple services at Virmach, but that doesn't conflict with my desire to restore a VPS that is in the middle of a service period.

Of course you're right, there's really nothing I can do about virmach's approach other than post it here.

I have already transferred most but left my best ones to idle, hope he revives next year.

• @DanSummer said:

@bisonxw said:

Got examples?

Browsing approximately 20 pages forward in this topic should lead you to relevant examples.

• @DanSummer said:

@bisonxw said:

Got examples?

I think it is like @cybertech said, where people had violated the ToS and then complained loudly. So the "retaliation" was more like drawing attention to their account which was then found to be in violation.

@DanSummer said:
    Regarding DALZ04 and DALZ07, I have 3 VPS on those that have been offline for 4 months. At this stage, it's quite vexing. Can't understand what could take a data center or a host 4 months to stand up/send similar equipment somewhere else. We know you have ready servers at your office.

I also plan to renew all 3 servers when they come up for renewal in 3 days. A classic case of sunk cost fallacy.

I also have a VPS on one of these nodes, and yeah once it drags on for 4 months it is quite annoying. Whatever the initial logic about wanting to recover people's data or not process cases individually, the time for that has well and truly passed. It is time to "fish or cut bait" on these nodes, i.e. there needs to be some resolution whether that is recreating blank VPS'es in bulk, cancelling them in bulk, allowing everyone to submit a move ticket, or something. Stringing people on for 4+ months with no resolution and tying the outcome to specific hardware is basically the worst way of handling it in my view.

That said, I'll also renew mine, because I have an account balance which wouldn't be refunded if @VirMach did disappear, so nothing for me to lose. My "best result" would be that the service is restored "soon" and the expiration extended by (at least) 4 months. My "worst result" would be that after I renew @VirMach disappears and the entire amount (including renewal) is written off. For me, it was a fairly cheap special and the financial hit is not much more than a few cups of coffee, so I'll take the risk. However, I understand that for some people affected the cost is much more significant (relative to their income) and if I were in their shoes I'd probably be more anxious too.

• @cybertech said:

@bisonxw said:

You might have reversed causality. The three examples I mentioned had their accounts and VPS functioning normally before they raised questions here. However, after raising the questions, their accounts violated the terms of service. It's quite a coincidence.

• @bisonxw said:

@cybertech said:

@bisonxw said:

You might have reversed causality. The three examples I mentioned had their accounts and VPS functioning normally before they raised questions here. However, after raising the questions, their accounts violated the terms of service. It's quite a coincidence.

In that case, your advice to VirMach users should be to ensure they do not disclose information that could identify their account if they have violated the Terms of Service. I am sure VirMach knows who I am, but I have no concern.

@bisonxw said:

@cybertech said:

@bisonxw said:

innocent until proven guilty. anything wrong?

• @bisonxw said:

@cybertech said:

@bisonxw said:

It's like a situation where a wanted criminal voluntarily goes to a police station and gets arrested. Users violating ToS should not open tickets or post identifiable information on the forum.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited December 2023

Too much English, and no deals :anguished:.

• Where is the discussion regarding why it is now required to login to read this thread ?

• @bisonxw said:

@cybertech said:

@bisonxw said:

The last guy that can here had 12 accounts. So, they should identify themselves more.

• @jperkins said:
    Where is the discussion regarding why it is now required to login to read this thread ?

You're logged in now. aren't you? Maybe that's the plan. :)

• @jperkins said:
    Where is the discussion regarding why it is now required to login to read this thread ?

But it's not required? I can open LES in a new incognito tab, not be logged in, and browse this thread just fine.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

I started this thread at the beginning of the year as a way to keep a line of communication open between members and VirMach and so members, including myself could try to assist other members. It appears that this attempt to be helpful, has failed. It also appears that VirMach has left the building. Maybe it's time for us to move on, and for this thread to be moved into the rants section where there would be less of a need for moderation. It might be best if in the future members used the VirMach ticket system for support instead of this thread.

Thanked by (2)localhost AlwaysSkint

• @Decicus said:

@jperkins said:

But it's not required? I can open LES in a new incognito tab, not be logged in, and browse this thread just fine.

Reviews -> Rants (off topic) -> Reviews (now)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@tototo said: Reviews -> Rants (off topic) -> Reviews (now)

Reviews -> Rants (off topic) -> Reviews -> Rants(soon)

Thanked by (1)tototo

• My meaning has been distorted. I support the punishment of users with multiple accounts, and at the same time, I also support God cleansing deceitful merchants.

• @FrankZ said:
    I started this thread at the beginning of the year as a way to keep a line of communication open between members and VirMach and so members, including myself could try to assist other members. It appears that this attempt to be helpful, has failed. It also appears that VirMach has left the building. Maybe it's time for us to move on, and for this thread to be moved into the rants section where there would be less of a need for moderation. It might be best if in the future members used the VirMach ticket system for support instead of this thread.

The boss is about to open a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The existence of this topic is a crucial factor restraining VirMach from acting recklessly.

• I wake up to 32 new messages, however not a single wall of text from VirMach, sad.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png