VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Looks like maintenance is ongoing in Tokyo, RIP the uptime of the storage box. :p

• https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(added) Update 12:12AM Japan Standard Time - TYOC037 and TYOC002 will be taken offline soon for thermal paste re-application. They are being placed in maintenance mode and controls will be unavailable while we gracefully power down virtual servers to prepare.
    (added)
    (added) Update #2 - TYOC028 TYOC030 will be powered down for several minutes. Graceful per above.
    (added)
    (added) Update #3 - TYOC029, TYOC031, and TYOC033 may possibly lose connectivity briefly or be power cycled. This is not expected but may occur.

I have a feeling I should ramp up the number of checks with such quick updates :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@fan said:
    Looks like maintenance is ongoing in Tokyo, RIP the uptime of the storage box. :p

I hate that server so much after touching it yesterday.

Thanked by (1)fan
  • @VirMach said:

@fan said:
    Looks like maintenance is ongoing in Tokyo, RIP the uptime of the storage box. :p

I hate that server so much after touching it yesterday.

Story time or still too much hatred?

Thanked by (1)skorous

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

TYOC037 all good after reboot!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said: I hate that server so much after touching it yesterday.

>

Will the node unlock after you leave Tokyo? Some wrong configuration is keeping me out of the VM.

• Update January 25th, 8:45AM JST (Scheduled 10AM to 6PM.)

We are awaiting a delivery for TYOC002S and will proceed with a second powerdown and reboot once the required part (CPU heatsink) arrives. 

All servers will briefly lose connectivity once parts arrive (by 12PM scheduled) to rearrange networking.

All servers will be power cycled for approximately 5 to 10 minutes as maintenance concludes at approximately 6PM.

Any other specific updates will be provided below.

I hope everything goes well. :)

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

is virmach flying to Netherlands after?

@fan said:

@VirMach said: I hate that server so much after touching it yesterday.

>

Will the node unlock after you leave Tokyo? Some wrong configuration is keeping me out of the VM.

Message me information, it shouldn't be a problem on our end but I do apologize for leaving it on maintenance mode. Taken off now, will be further maintenance this evening if new heatsink arrives. I also got rid of some abusers for you.

Thanked by (1)fan

@cybertech said:

Frankfurt then Amsterdam.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach said:

@fan said:

@VirMach said: I hate that server so much after touching it yesterday.

>

Message me information, it shouldn't be a problem on our end but I do apologize for leaving it on maintenance mode. Taken off now, will be further maintenance this evening if new heatsink arrives. I also got rid of some abusers for you.

All good now, just figured out that I typed the wrong SSH port. xD

Maybe you can relax in some hot spring resort after work is done.

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

your life my dream

@fan said: Maybe you can relax in some hot spring resort after work is done.

I'm a little overwhelmed visiting Tokyo for the first time so I think that might be more appropriate for a second more well-planned visit. So far I've gotten lost once for a few hours because I took the wrong phone (which didn't have cell service) and that was just trying to get lunch yesterday. I did get to see this cool statue though as a result.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Hosting ProviderOG

@VirMach said:

@fan said: Maybe you can relax in some hot spring resort after work is done.

I'm a little overwhelmed visiting Tokyo for the first time so I think that might be more appropriate for a second more well-planned visit. So far I've gotten lost once for a few hours because I took the wrong phone (which didn't have cell service) and that was just trying to get lunch yesterday. I did get to see this cool statue though as a result.

that's awesome

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

so what new disks are put into Tokyo servers?

• @cybertech said:

floppy disks

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • edited January 25

and Tokyo IPv6, 10Gbps port of Storage VPS issue not gonna be fixed/upgraded this time?

Gundam statute is only one station away from Tokyo Telecom Center where Equinix TY 11 is in. But I remember virmachs not in TY11?

@foitin said: 10Gbps port of Storage VPS issue not gonna be fixed/upgraded this time?

The 10Gbps on the storage idea was officially nixed at some point in the past with it officially switched over to 1Gbps on our website and anyone asking about it being told it was no longer planned & ask them if they'd like a pro-rated refund if they no longer wish to use the service given that fact.

It's still technically possible but I really really really really do not want to deal with an influx of abuse in Tokyo on a 10Gbps port. If we do it in the future (quietly) I'll reach out to you on LES and any other trusted users to switch over your VPS to 10Gbps or we'll go through everyone who was originally sold it as 10Gbps and verify that they do not have any potential issues with their account and quietly switch it over. That was supposed to happen on this trip but someone and I'm not pointing any fingers (me) forgot to bring the switch. Honestly though with everything else that could have gone wrong with this visit, I did pretty OK.

@foitin said: Gundam statute is only one station away from Tokyo Telecom Center where Equinix TY 11 is in. But I remember virmachs not in TY11?

Hotel is strategically halfway between airport (Haneda) and the datacenter. I was basically walking in big circles in Koto area (I think, right?) trying to find this specific restaurant that opened at 11AM and then eventually around 2PM gave up after I realized the went out of business and ate at the food court next to the statue.

@cybertech said:

Kioxa, PNY Gen4, SKHynix Gold, Samsung Pro so far. Saving the Mushkin and any others for the less critical additional disks for nodes that don't really need it.

Thanked by (1)theloafingone

@VirMach said:
    Kioxa, PNY Gen4, SKHynix Gold, Samsung Pro so far.

now we talkin

• this specific restaurant that opened at 11AM and then eventually around 2PM gave up after I realized the went out of business

You cant possibly come to Japan only eat panda express, can you? I mean who would do that :'(
    Daiba is not where you go for food anyway. It's for young couples datings and stuff.

@foitin said:

this specific restaurant that opened at 11AM and then eventually around 2PM gave up after I realized the went out of business

You cant possibly come to Japan only eat panda express, can you? I mean who would do that :'(
    Daiba is not where you go for food anyway. It's for young couples datings and stuff.

actually everything can be settled through UberEats.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

edited January 25

Amazon dropped the ball on delivery to tidy up all the cables & change heatsink for TYOC002S. First it was January 24th, then 25th morning, but I got them to try to squeeze it into a 10PM delivery tonight so I'll revisit again if they make it on time (and try again for tomorrow morning.)

@foitin said:

this specific restaurant that opened at 11AM and then eventually around 2PM gave up after I realized the went out of business

I hadn't eaten or slept since I landed so I just gave up and ate there after getting lost. Feel free to recommend any restaurant for today but remember we're working on a low budget ;) no A5 Kobe

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • edited January 25

Have Amazon ship to Lawson/Family Mart and theyll only use legit courier Yamato/Japan Post. They deliver on time and you can pick it any time after arrival.
    10PM delivery :# Another poor postman gotta work at night without overtime pay from Amazon.

For restaurante, corny ramen chain like Ichiran? Probably the least disliked food.
    Never heard of anyone hated it unlike other famous chains where people either like it or hate it.

Thanked by (1)theloafingone
    edited January 25

@foitin said: Have Amazon ship to Lawson/Family Mart and theyll only use legit courier Yamato/Japan Post. They deliver on time and you can pick it any time after arrival.

Yeah the Yamato delivered item arrived today but sadly that was the least important item =)

@foitin said: 10PM delivery Another poor postman gotta work at night without overtime pay from Amazon.

10PM to 2AM was the timeslot I think :# but maybe they'll delay it again because now it says "Problem" and "check back January 27th"

@foitin said: For restaurante, corny ramen chain like Ichiran? Probably the least disliked food.

I'll see if that's closer or Tsujita as they had one in Los Angeles and it's probably not considered that great here since it's a chain but in LA it's the best available.

Edit -- Leaning toward Tsujita as it seems unless Google Maps is being weird, Ichiran is more north and out the way plus I like tsukemen better

• Oh, is VirMach in Japan today? If you get hungry at night, I recommend going to 7-Eleven and buying Tomita ramen.
    https://www.sej.co.jp/products/a/item/091063/

• @VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

Thanked by (3)_MS_ fluttershy rhinoduck

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• edited January 25

Despite my VM is going to be moved to NL, mine is back from dead and still in xtom infra.

• @Fritz said:
    Despite my VM is going to be moved to NL, mine is back from dead and still in xtom infra.

NL is xtom

• Ramen - yuk! The texture of animal fat. :barf:

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:
    I'm walking to Tokyo with thermal paste and a screwdriver, so we'll see what happens

Walking?
    The terrain in western Alaska is rough.
    We'd recommend a sailboat.
    It's faster than walking, without increasing carbon footprint.

Screwdriver?
    We'd recommend a wirecutter and a hammer.
    It's more effective in ensuring the servers stay offline for as long as possible.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.