1-Month Free trial VPS (with requirements)

2»

Comments

• edited April 22

@LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    @LowHosting

Running Windows Server 2022 and running Youtube Video at 1080p FHD in RDP
    VPS has just 2GB RAM and 2vCore .... yet pretty powerful

Ryzen 9 7950X is a super powerful processor, it amazed me too :)

Yes, it is .... it makes hell of a difference for single core apps

I can run Windows RDP with no issues even with 1GB RAM and 25GB NVMe with 1 vCore Ryzen 7950x
    That shows how much powerful it is

Thanked by (1)LowHosting
  • LowHostingLowHosting Hosting Provider
    edited April 22

@dev_vps said:
    Running youtube video at 4k in Windows RDP

It's impressive that it doesn't even saturate 2 cores handling a 4K video + RDP output.

Does the VPS control panel have all the functions you need/needed?

LowHosting.com - LowHosting.org

• @LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Running youtube video at 4k in Windows RDP

It's impressive that it doesn't even saturate 2 cores handling a 4K video + RDP output.

cpu vCores are saturated with YouTube video at 4K 60 fps in Windows RDP. Still pretty good.

• edited April 22

@LowHosting said:

Windows 2016 template does not work properly.
    You should have templates for Windows 2019 and 2022.

I installed Windows Server 2022 manually. Next I will try Windows 11 tomorrow.

• @LowHosting

Can you get a test VPS with 1gb RAM 1 vCore Ryzen 7950x and 30GB NVMe storage?
    I would like to test few scenarios.

edited April 22

@dev_vps said:

@LowHosting said:

Windows Server 2016 template currently doesn't have VirtIO drivers, fixing it's already on our to-do list, and creating the templates for Windows Server 2019/2022 is on our to-do list too just after fixing the 2016 version, both tasks will be done soon.

Windows 2016 template does not work properly.
    You should have templates for Windows 2019 and 2022.

Do you want us to add a Windows 11 ISO?

@dev_vps said:
    @LowHosting

Sure, drop me the Support PIN or email via PM.

• @LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:

Do you want us to add a Windows 11 ISO?

Not needed.

Thanked by (1)LowHosting
  • edited April 22

@LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    @LowHosting

Support Ticket Created #812126

Order added, is 48 hours enough to carry out the tests?

if you can make it 72 hours, that would be great.
    Just in case.

Thank you

Thanked by (1)LowHosting

@dev_vps said:

@LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@LowHosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    @LowHosting

Support Ticket Created #812126

Order added, is 48 hours enough to carry out the tests?

if you can make it 72 hours, that would be great.
    Just in case.

Thank you

Sure, no problems.

Thanked by (1)dev_vps

• @LowHosting

Running Windows 11 Pro on 1gb/1vCore/20gb storage VPS

• Running youtube video in windows RDP on 1gb / 1vCore Ryzen VPS

• why u all have windows now?

bad neighbors

• Got Proxmox installed but it would be better to have a native iso
    Also include good old netboot.xyz

The Proxmox install was really fast - in fact faster than any other VM I have.
    As far as the cpanel UI - all very clear, no problems.
    I won't bother with posting a yabs as we already have this and a yabs is only for a reference and as the machine is really performing faster than my other VMs I don't see a point - also it just slows other users VMs down.
    Wishing you well & thank you.

Thanked by (3)ehab LowHosting dev_vps

@msatt said:
    Got Proxmox installed but it would be better to have a native iso

I won't bother with posting a yabs as we already have this and a yabs is only for a reference and as the machine is really performing faster than my other VMs I don't see a point - also it just slows other users VMs down.

We would have already put netboot, but it doesn't like our DHCP server for some reason.

We will add Proxmox and Proxmox-backup ISOs soon :)

• If anyone needs a netboot guide, they could always use the @ehab post which still works - (provided you have enough resources to use it).
    @LowHosting Thanks for proxmox.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

I've removed the double bandwidth bullshit - and I recommend any tests or reviews to be posted in separte thread(s).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

edited April 24

@bikegremlin said:
    I've removed the double bandwidth bullshit - and I recommend any tests or reviews to be posted in separte thread(s).

Hi bikegremlin, can you explain what you mean by "double bandwidth bullshit"? This plan does not have a specific bandwidth limit.

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

Hi bikegremlin, can you explain what you mean by "double bandwidth bullshit"? This plan does not have a specific bandwidth limit.

Briefly put:

Providers: Don't encourage spam, i.e. require customers to post a comment in order to get benefits ("double bandwidth" and similar stuff).
    Customers: don't spam the offer threads. Use them to post questions related to the offer(s). If you wish to share feedback, it's best to write in the review section or post a link to an existing LES review.

In other words: use tickets or DM/PM to communicate any benefits etc.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

edited April 24

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

Briefly put:

Providers: Don't encourage spam, i.e. require customers to post a comment in order to get benefits ("double bandwidth" and similar stuff).
    Customers: don't spam the offer threads. Use them to post questions related to the offer(s). If you wish to share feedback, it's best to write in the review section or post a link to an existing LES review.

Can you tell me where I did it? I can't find anything like that in my post.
    I think I understood, are you talking about communicating the order number to activate the free trial?
    If yes, I gave two choices (reply here or via PM) to avoid forcing users to write to me privately, I had no intention of spamming the thread (and in my opinion, this did not cause any SPAM).

edited April 24

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

Briefly put:

I think I understood, are you talking about communicating the order number to activate the free trial?
    If yes, I gave two choices (reply here or via PM) to avoid forcing users to write to me privately, I had no intention of spamming the thread (and in my opinion, this did not cause any SPAM).

I’ve edited out that from the offer and moved all the spam/order id posts to the bin.

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

Briefly put:

I’ve edited out that from the offer and moved all the spam/order id posts to the bin.

Yes I noticed, they were still 5-10% if not less of the total messages in this thread, I wouldn't consider it SPAM.

However, I understood, next time I will ask to write to me via PM.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

edited April 24

@msatt said:
    Got Proxmox installed but it would be better to have a native iso

Proxmox/Proxmox-backup and Netboot ISOs added.

As mentioned above, for some (obscure) reasons Netboot XYZ doesn't like my DHCP server.

I hope this answer is not considered SPAM by the moderators :)

Thanked by (1)msatt

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

@LowHosting said:

@bikegremlin said:

Briefly put:

Yes I noticed, they were still 5-10% if not less of the total messages in this thread, I wouldn't consider it SPAM.

Opinions are divided.
    This is the relevant discussion (and vote results) that preceeded the rules change.

Thanked by (1)LowHosting