IncogVPN - Seeking beta testers - WireGuard, Ad-Blocking, Multi-Profile, Internal Networking, more!

Comments

• @iKirby said:

@MannDude said:
    Use old.reddit.com

The new reddit blocks data center IPs and is gaudy to look at. Using old.reddit.com gives you the classic look and can be used with a VPN. :)

Sadly old.reddit.com has the same policy as the main domain as of now, it just returns a different (old) 403 page.

Use redlib instances,
    https://github.com/redlib-org/redlib-instances/blob/main/instances.md

Thanked by (1)iKirby
  • MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
    edited July 9

@dosai said:

@iKirby said:

@MannDude said:
    Use old.reddit.com

The new reddit blocks data center IPs and is gaudy to look at. Using old.reddit.com gives you the classic look and can be used with a VPN. :)

Sadly old.reddit.com has the same policy as the main domain as of now, it just returns a different (old) 403 page.

Use redlib instances,
    https://github.com/redlib-org/redlib-instances/blob/main/instances.md

There is always https://incogsnoo.com , which we run... :)

Nevermind, it's broke (again). Reddit likes making life hard. I'll ping the dude who manages that box and see if he can whack it with a hammer or something.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• @MannDude said:

@lapua said:
    "in-house" dns does not work for me. switched to "DNS = 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4", works!

Can you check now? I think I see what the issue was.

with "DNS = 23.137.253.11,23.137.253.11" still problems aka not working.

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:
    "in-house" dns does not work for me. switched to "DNS = 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4", works!

Strange. Try deleting the profile and recreating it. It should work, but not sure if everyone else ditched the default DNS for their own choice or not.

If not ill double check once back at my desk. Thanks.

We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• @MannDude said:

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:

Strange. Try deleting the profile and recreating it. It should work, but not sure if everyone else ditched the default DNS for their own choice or not.

sometimes it works and then it doesn't. when it works, it's ultra slow and sluggish!

wireguard on my vps, which I also still have with you, runs smoothly. incogVPN with a different DNS setting 8.8.8.8 or similar also runs quickly. with the default values of your own dns, it's not really useful.

Thanked by (1)MannDude

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:

sometimes it works and then it doesn't. when it works, it's ultra slow and sluggish!

wireguard on my vps, which I also still have with you, runs smoothly. incogVPN with a different DNS setting 8.8.8.8 or similar also runs quickly. with the default values of your own dns, it's not really useful.

In house DNS will def be slower than using Google or Cloudflare, though not sure it should be noticeably slow using default settings. I'll take a look at potential bottlenecks or issues when back at my desk.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps!

• keep in mind i am far away from allentown, PA. :)

Thanked by (1)MannDude
  • For some reason, despite not being blocked, I've had to revert back to ControlD's DNS to get > @MannDude said:

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:

@MannDude said:

@lapua said:

In house DNS will def be slower than using Google or Cloudflare, though not sure it should be noticeably slow using default settings. I'll take a look at potential bottlenecks or issues when back at my desk.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps!

I swapped out for ControlD + location spoof on auto. Browsing latency went from Tor levels to basically fine, even YouTube is better

Thanked by (1)MannDude
  • MTU to 1280

Allowed IPs to

0.0.0.1/32, 0.0.0.2/31, 0.0.0.4/30, 0.0.0.8/29, 0.0.0.16/28, 0.0.0.32/27, 0.0.0.64/26, 0.0.0.128/25, 0.0.1.0/24, 0.0.2.0/23, 0.0.4.0/22, 0.0.8.0/21, 0.0.16.0/20, 0.0.32.0/19, 0.0.64.0/18, 0.0.128.0/17, 0.1.0.0/16, 0.2.0.0/15, 0.4.0.0/14, 0.8.0.0/13, 0.16.0.0/12, 0.32.0.0/11, 0.64.0.0/10, 0.128.0.0/9, 1.0.0.0/8, 2.0.0.0/7, 4.0.0.0/6, 8.0.0.0/5, 16.0.0.0/4, 32.0.0.0/3, 64.0.0.0/2, 128.0.0.0/1

DNS to

0.0.0.0/32

This allows me to use DNSecure DoT/DoH with any DNS provider

• No client side ad-blocking whatsoever. Fully DNS based

I'll process some of the requests here in the next couple of hours.

There is some DNS performance issues right that I'm going to iron out.

Thanked by (2)lapua dev_vps

Ok, approved more from here and on the OGF. Default DNS resolver should be better/faster now. I'm on the other side of the planet currently so I'm about as distant from the location as I could be so didn't realize it was so poor before. Fixed and some tests (that I should have done before) are looking good.

Let me know of any other issues.

• Hey @MannDude!

Thanks for allowing me into the beta. I had opened a ticket a couple days ago (Ticket #0708Y51Q3), but I haven't received a response yet. I'm thinking now that maybe I should have asked here instead. I don't want it to look like I'm not testing it!

Anyway, is it possible to change the internal IP range so that it doesn't conflict with my local network?

• It's working fine now. But I think it should send an activation email when it's activated.

• This service plan is temporarily out of stock

oh well

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU

• @MannDude When I visit websites, everything is smooth and there are no issues, including watching YouTube videos. However, when I visit Twitter, the images load very slowly most of the time. I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to me(My Twitter account is in Japan) or if others are experiencing the same issue. Additionally, I switched to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, and the speed seems faster compared to the default DNS.

edited July 13

@cosmossofa said:
    @MannDude When I visit websites, everything is smooth and there are no issues, including watching YouTube videos. However, when I visit Twitter, the images load very slowly most of the time. I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to me(My Twitter account is in Japan) or if others are experiencing the same issue. Additionally, I switched to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, and the speed seems faster compared to the default DNS.

Still an issue?

• i want to run incogvpn on my windows vps. so far so good, but then i cannot access via rdp any longer... how to handle this problem?

• @MannDude said:

@cosmossofa said:
    @MannDude When I visit websites, everything is smooth and there are no issues, including watching YouTube videos. However, when I visit Twitter, the images load very slowly most of the time. I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to me(My Twitter account is in Japan) or if others are experiencing the same issue. Additionally, I switched to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, and the speed seems faster compared to the default DNS.

Still an issue?

The situation hasn't improved. Whether using the default DNS or 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8, loading Twitter images is still very slow most of the time. Additionally, I noticed that loading images on Unsplash is also very slow. I wonder if other people have experienced this issue as well.

@lapua said:
    i want to run incogvpn on my windows vps. so far so good, but then i cannot access via rdp any longer... how to handle this problem?

Someone else mentioned RDP issues. Are you connecting to RDP via an IP address or a hostname? Feel free to PM me the IP of the RDP server.

I have no experience with Windows or RDP whatsoever, however. My last Windows experience was XP SP3.

@cosmossofa said:

@MannDude said:

@cosmossofa said:

Still an issue?

The situation hasn't improved. Whether using the default DNS or 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8, loading Twitter images is still very slow most of the time. Additionally, I noticed that loading images on Unsplash is also very slow. I wonder if other people have experienced this issue as well.

Whats unsplash? Can you send me a URL so I can check? I'll see what may be causing issues with Twitter. Likely something blocklist related if I had to guess.

Thanked by (1)cosmossofa

• @MannDude said:

@cosmossofa said:

@MannDude said:

@cosmossofa said:

Still an issue?

Whats unsplash? Can you send me a URL so I can check? I'll see what may be causing issues with Twitter. Likely something blocklist related if I had to guess.

unsplash Thanks for it .

• used incogwireguard for 2 days on cellphone (google pixel) with alternative wireguard software (wg tunnel). works very good.

• @MannDude said:

@lapua said:
    i want to run incogvpn on my windows vps. so far so good, but then i cannot access via rdp any longer... how to handle this problem?

Someone else mentioned RDP issues. Are you connecting to RDP via an IP address or a hostname? Feel free to PM me the IP of the RDP server.

I have no experience with Windows or RDP whatsoever, however. My last Windows experience was XP SP3.

Windows RDP is working fine on @host_c VPS with IncogNet @MannDude VPN

@lapua
    Make sure this entry in vpn config

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/1, 128.0.0.0/1, ::/1, 8000::/1

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • https://www.incognet.io/

This server could not prove that it is www.incognet.io; its security certificate is from *.cloudns.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

• Guess it's my kindle fire that probably cannot support high speeds. I get average 150mbps sustained. I am in MA and PA doesn't seem that far. By road/ air/ internet

• @how said:
    https://www.incognet.io/

This server could not prove that it is www.incognet.io; its security certificate is from *.cloudns.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

The url is incognet.io, not www.incognet.io.
    www is just a redirect

Thanked by (1)MannDude

On mobile but I'll review the www redirect. Should be covered by the same cert as the main site and auto-renew.

Will check when at my desk.

• @MannDude Both of twitter and unsplash work fine now, great job !

Thanked by (1)MannDude