Special Offer Low Cost VPS for LES! 2C/4GB/50GB/20TB@1G/1IPv4&1IPv6 at €7.75/year

Comments

• @dev_vps said:
    Probably 10 to 20 vCores per host server core HT.

I think that's still too low.

• @cmeerw said:

@dev_vps said:
    Probably 10 to 20 vCores per host server core HT.

I think that's still too low.

The cpu resource allocation is dynamic in nature (so called AI thing), anyone actively using VPS for x number of minutes will get lesser and lesser slice of cpu resource allocation.

That is why one would see A+ rating cpu steal of 70%+.

And yearly term will force the customer to keep it idling.

Make sure to cancel in advance otherwise auto renewal will hit the light wallets.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@dev_vps said: The cpu resource allocation is dynamic in nature (so called AI thing), anyone actively using VPS for x number of minutes will get lesser and lesser slice of cpu resource allocation.

Uhm this is only your presumption

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• edited July 30

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said: The cpu resource allocation is dynamic in nature (so called AI thing), anyone actively using VPS for x number of minutes will get lesser and lesser slice of cpu resource allocation.

Uhm this is only your presumption

Based on my experience.

How would you explain super high cpu steal?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

LOL

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited July 31

@c1vhosting said:

We specialize in providing low-cost services that, in relation to the price, guarantee a truly advantageous quality-price ratio.

if anyone is still wondering why cpu steal is so high

@c1vhosting said:

Due to the nature of this offering,
    we cannot guarantee minimum speed rates.

• Things have been a bit more stable over the last few weeks
    But a few weeks isn't much in the world of hosting. Let's hope that this time the equipment is really redundant...

In my opinion, this really isn't a great strategy...
    Normally, this type of offer is supposed to make people want to order better / more expensive services.
    But this is having the opposite effect: it's going to take time to win back trust.

Personally, I'm not that surprised by the performance given the price, even though I prefer more predictable performance.
    On the other hand... the stability of the service over the year (electricity / network uptime).... is really bad. Let's be honest.

I don't think that selling cheap, bad services is a good strategy for growth.
    You're young, you try things. That's a good thing. But consider the feedback.

Thanked by (3)sh97 c1vhosting root
  • @remy said:
    Things have been a bit more stable over the last few weeks

A bit more stable means in C1V terms that you haven't experienced an issue in one week.

That said: the whole thing (VPS, website) is down again for half an hour now.

If they even can't keep their own website on air (even though the suggestion of having that on a different location so you can at least provide information to customers)...

• @Calypso said:

@remy said:

A bit more stable means in C1V terms that you haven't experienced an issue in one week.

That said: the whole thing (VPS, website) is down again for half an hour now.

If they even can't keep their own website on air (even though the suggestion of having that on a different location so you can at least provide information to customers)...

From https://t.me/c1vhosting/321

• We have renewed our energy infrastructure to achieve greater redundancy (2N): almost all servers are now connected to two distinct energy sources and UPS. This improvement promises significantly better reliability than before.
    • Our IP network has been optimized for better latencies and speeds, especially to European and Asian destinations
  • @foxone said:

• We have renewed our energy infrastructure to achieve greater redundancy (2N): almost all servers are now connected to two distinct energy sources and UPS. This improvement promises significantly better reliability than before.
    • Our IP network has been optimized for better latencies and speeds, especially to European and Asian destinations

Yeah, that's from a message a couple of months ago. Since then, several outages. Even more excuses. En far more promises that "it's gonna be better, we're working on it".

C1V is a fraud. They promise things that they can't deliver. And keep on luring people into buying stuff. Even for "non-production" purposes, 90% uptime is way too low.

• edited July 31

@Calypso said:

@remy said:

I don't have any counter-arguments.
    Because even when I try to be encouraging... he manages to get his infra down a few hours later... :p

Thanked by (3)root cybertech runbiscuit
  • What is the minimum uptime accepted in LES terms for a provider tag to be granted? Is 1% uptime still acceptable because it is a low-end service?

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• Where are you terribly sorry for? For all the lies (i.e. several announcements of "better power facilities" "redundant power" etc)?

Also still waiting for the photographs of your "data center" aka garage.

• edited July 31

@c1vhosting I think people would be much more supportive if you just be honest and admit you are hosting from your basement rather than "Tier 3 State of Art Green Energy N+1 redundant datacenter"

Calin used to oversell his NAT lineup, but was honest about it and proud of his basement.

Thanked by (1)zgato
  • AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator

@sh97 said:
    @c1vhosting I think people would be much more supportive if you just be honest and admit you are hosting from your basement rather than "Tier 3 State of Art Green Energy N+1 redundant datacenter"

Calin used to oversell his NAT lineup, but was honest about it and proud of his basement.

Agreed just own up to it and stop the "buzzword" crap. Idc if you host from a houseboat in the ocean on a cell phone as long as you are honest about it. Dishonesty gets you on the do not touch list fast.

Thanked by (2)sh97 runbiscuit

URL Shortener | YetiNode | CryptidSecurity | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?

• rootroot OG
    edited July 31

I would actually appreciate @c1vhosting for offering a basement datacenter. I love such datacenters because these fit perfectly in the concept of low-end, while also displaying a passion from the owner. This would not be shameful, instead it would be something to be proud of.

Pictures of servers within your datacenter would be highly appreciated @c1vhosting if you could offer them. Showing a picture of a server at an offer with a message written on paper: next 100 orders will be hosted in this one... that's would be a wow factor with marketing, even though customers might never get to visit or to touch the server hosting their VPS.

If I may add @c1vhosting - get a low-end member from Italy to make a video of your datacenter along with an interview or podcast for people to understand you and your dedication. Seeing a human behind it all will allow others to understand your thinking mechanics, even though we are all individuals different and unique and special.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero sh97 runbiscuit
  • @root said:
    If I may add @c1vhosting - get a low-end member from Italy to make a video of your datacenter along with an interview or podcast

He has been asked to provide proof for running a "real datacenter" over and over and over again. Not only on this forum but on several. And it's always the same pattern of excuses, promises, many words and in the end nothing or not even an attempt to provide proof.

He keeps on saying he has a Tier 3 datacenter. At christmas, everything was offline for a substantial amount of time because "power issues" (well, at first it was a fiber cut, then it was something else, and in the end it turned out to be a power issue). Then "emergency maintenance" was done to prevent outage due to power issues. Have read at least 2, maybe even more, announcement after that one that redundancy of the power was being done.

And now everything goes offline again because of... power issues.

As said by more users here: I don't care if you host from a basement. I don't care that there are risks in a low end offering. I don't care if there is severe overselling. But be honest about it. Don't call yourself "premier italian datacenter", or mention bloat like AI. Don't call your datacenter "Tier 3", "N+1" or "redundant power" when you have a power outage that affects the hosts at least once every month. That makes you a big fat lying *ss.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @Calypso said: Then "emergency maintenance" was done to prevent outage due to power issues. Have read at least 2, maybe even more, announcement after that one that redundancy of the power was being done.

Don't be too hard on him. Once he reused the 'core router issue' and 'core router replacement' excuses for the 15th time in 2023, it had to be power next. So now we're on standard power issues in 2024.
    Let's wait to see what will replace the regular 'power' issues in 2025. Maybe he will just cycle back to the core router issues again.

• @Mumbly said:

@Calypso said: Then "emergency maintenance" was done to prevent outage due to power issues. Have read at least 2, maybe even more, announcement after that one that redundancy of the power was being done.

Don't be too hard on him. Once he reused the 'core router issue' and 'core router replacement' excuses for the 15th time in 2023, it had to be power next. So now we're on standard power issues in 2024.
    Let's wait to see what will replace the regular 'power' issues in 2025. Maybe he will just cycle back to the core router issues again.

Nope. I believe in 2025 it will be justified with the invasion of Europe, likely how some cultural enrichers tripped on the fiber cables, or vandalized the T3 datacenter for religious propaganda against atheists. Such line of thought would make more sense as it is already boiling within European population.

Going back to router argument or electricity fault would be too childish. He needs something more inventive and yet simple, that makes us also care about his fight for freedom of speech. He could also invoke a raid by the police, but info about a police shutdown of a whole datacenter would need to be publicly available, so it won't stick.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • @remy said:
    But a few weeks isn't much in the world of hosting. Let's hope that this time the equipment is really redundant...

In my opinion, this really isn't a great strategy...
    Normally, this type of offer is supposed to make people want to order better / more expensive services.
    But this is having the opposite effect: it's going to take time to win back trust.

Personally, I'm not that surprised by the performance given the price, even though I prefer more predictable performance.
    On the other hand... the stability of the service over the year (electricity / network uptime).... is really bad. Let's be honest.

I don't think that selling cheap, bad services is a good strategy for growth.
    You're young, you try things. That's a good thing. But consider the feedback.

He won't answer a simple question asked many times
    @c1vhosting

why cpu steal time is so high

Thanked by (1)runbiscuit
  • @dev_vps said:
    @c1vhosting

He's very selective in answering. Everything critical he ignores (but he reads), everything with a sales question or with a non-critic contents he replies to.

It must be hard being someone else from Italy and seeing @c1vhosting confirm every prejudice about Italians...

• I remember a time when @c1vhosting would not implement PayPal, then did because of community request. Now they oversell and call themselves "premier italian datacenter" which also asks for donations on ordering form for "Greener Future with Eco-Addon".

I would have liked to be honest and open about their small datacenter in a basement or a shed somewhere. That would have sold much better, especially for storage cloud servers.

• @Calypso said:

@dev_vps said:
    @c1vhosting

He's very selective in answering. Everything critical he ignores (but he reads), everything with a sales question or with a non-critic contents he replies to.

It must be hard being someone else from Italy and seeing @c1vhosting confirm every prejudice about Italians...

Here is image that I posted for cpu steal from low cost vps (under $1 per month).

Now @c1vhosting, I am asking again,
    can we expect similar cpu steal from your vps

• Can I run AI model on it?

• @ccc said:
    Can I run AI model on it?

nope. maybe 1 character a day.

Thanked by (2)Freek ccc
  • @perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:

So yes. Just slow

Thanked by (1)ccc
  • @localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:

So yes. Just slow

well i doubt it's worth it to say yes. i can barely run anything that does require some cpu.

Thanked by (2)localhost ccc
  • @perryoo11 said:

@localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:

So yes. Just slow

well i doubt it's worth it to say yes. i can barely run anything that does require some cpu.

So it is good for storage in RAM without CPU? Maybe hackers would love it to use it for all that volatile memory.

• @perryoo11 said:

@localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:

So yes. Just slow

Then you are doing it wrong!