Special Offer Low Cost VPS for LES! 2C/4GB/50GB/20TB@1G/1IPv4&1IPv6 at €7.75/year

Comments

• @localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:
    Can I run AI model on it?

nope. maybe 1 character a day.

So yes. Just slow

well i doubt it's worth it to say yes. i can barely run anything that does require some cpu.

Then you are doing it wrong!

well cosos-ui (memos + nextcloud) is working for me on the server
    2 cores 8 gb ram 80 gig disk.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @perryoo11 said:

@localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@localhost said:

@perryoo11 said:

@ccc said:
    Can I run AI model on it?

nope. maybe 1 character a day.

So yes. Just slow

well i doubt it's worth it to say yes. i can barely run anything that does require some cpu.

Then you are doing it wrong!

well cosos-ui (memos + nextcloud) is working for me on the server
    2 cores 8 gb ram 80 gig disk.

Just messin' around w ya. The service works when it works and I too have non complaints so far

Thanked by (1)perryoo11
  • @dev_vps said:

He won't answer a simple question asked many times
    @c1vhosting

why cpu steal time is so high

Lol this question reminds me of the line
    “Who is John Galt?”

Quite a non sequitur

On extended break from LES due to selective bias of mods
    ———-
    blog | exploring visually |

• @dev_vps said:
    He won't answer a simple question asked many times
    @c1vhosting

why cpu steal time is so high

• Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @c1vhosting
    cpu steal time is much better today.

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
     ---------------------------------
     Test            | Value
                     |
     Single Core     | 479
     Multi Core      | 637
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22744088

• @dev_vps said:
    @c1vhosting
    cpu steal time is much better today.

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
     ---------------------------------
     Test            | Value
                     |
     Single Core     | 479
     Multi Core      | 637
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22744088

Do they offer snapshots? At least in case of disaster to redeploy things fast from a previous snapshot?

• @root said:
    Do they offer snapshots? At least in case of disaster to redeploy things fast from a previous snapshot?

Never ever trust (local) backups like a snapshot for some kind of disaster recovery. Especially if it's in a C1V DC.

Thanked by (1)dev_vps
  • @Calypso said:

@root said:

Never ever trust (local) backups like a snapshot for some kind of disaster recovery. Especially if it's in a C1V DC.

100% agree
    c1v is ok only for limited uses cases,
    overall not recommended

• @dev_vps said:

@Calypso said:

@root said:

100% agree
    overall not recommended

So, do they have snapshots? (I don't have a VPS from them to know)

• edited August 4

@root said:

@dev_vps said:

@Calypso said:

@root said:

100% agree
    overall not recommended

backup can be scheduled for a particular time to run once a day
    there is no manual snapshot

any working feature is coincidental and is not indicative of any future performance or guarantee.

Again -- c1v is not recommended

Thanked by (1)root
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@root said:

@dev_vps said:

@Calypso said:

@root said:

100% agree
    overall not recommended

We don't provide snapshots on these VPS

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• @remy said:
    Let's hope that this time the equipment is really redundant...

Hopes & dreams is the foundation of C1V

@remy said:
    But consider the feedback.

Thanks for your feedback

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• @remy said:
    Let's hope that this time the equipment is really redundant...

You can have as much equipment in your garage as you could imagine, but if you don't know how to operate a "data center", downtime will be inevitable. C1V is the living proof of that.

• edited August 5

I don't recommend c1v vps to anyone, including Luca.
    There are much better options, even for 10 euro/year (VAT included)

Any working feature is not indicative of any future performance or guarantee. The only guarantee is weekly downtime.

@c1vhosting said:

@root said:

@dev_vps said:

@Calypso said:

@root said:

100% agree
    overall not recommended

We don't provide snapshots on these VPS

@root @c1vhosting
    Pls refer to this "undocumented" snapshot feature.

• @c1vhosting
    Does this "low end performance guaranteed" vps that comes with unmatched performance advisory, support Windows 11 OS?

• VPS just went down .... c1v

• edited August 5

@dev_vps said:
    VPS just went down .... c1v

Of course it went down. It's late night in Italy. You can't expect servers to stay switched on overnight.

• @Mumbly said: Of course it went down. It's late night in Italy. You can't expect servers to stay switched on overnight.

Seems like my server is a real rebel - it's still not sleeping!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@Mumbly said: Of course it went down. It's late night in Italy. You can't expect servers to stay switched on overnight.

Seems like my server is a real rebel - it's still not sleeping!

Electricity is cheaper during nights.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@dev_vps said:
    VPS just went down .... c1v

There are no known issues, please open a ticket with your service id.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• edited August 6

@root said:

With a flat tariff rate mine is bitch expensive around the clock :(

• @davide said:

@root said:

With a flat tariff rate mine is bitch expensive around the clock :(

Why? Summer -} more sun-} solar energy IS cheaper -} better for the pocket

I believe in the good luck. Harder than I work luckier i get.

• edited August 6

@Chievo said:

With provincial and regional taxes the rate in this area stagnates around 28-30¢ / Kwh. Back in the day one of my electronics teachers ran some numbers and decided against electric solar panels. Instead he built himself an array of water panels and piped those to his indoor gas heater with some computer to control pumps and valves. And I agree that was the better financial decision. The cost of everything is so twisted in this country that clever decisions seem to make no sense.

• @davide said:

@Chievo said:

With provincial and regional taxes the rate in this area stagnates around 28-30¢ / Kwh. Back in the day one of my electronics teachers ran some numbers and decided against electric solar panels. Instead he built himself an array of water panels and piped those to his indoor gas heater with some computer to control pumps and valves. And I agree that was the better financial decision. The cost of everything is so twisted in this country that clever decisions seem to make no sense.

Damn this IS freaking expensive. We in Spain are paying around 0.07 Up to 0.15 euros depending the hour so Let s say 0.11-0.12 aproxímate for a flat tariff like yours . (If you take care the hours for dishwasher and washing machine 0.07 IS pretty cheap) That is so bad for Italy. I was expecting solar área in the south( of Italy) full of panels and generating electricity for the northern industry hubs

• @Chievo said:

@davide said:

@Chievo said:

Damn this IS freaking expensive. We in Spain are paying around 0.07 Up to 0.15 euros depending the hour so Let s say 0.11-0.12 aproxímate for a flat tariff like yours . (If you take care the hours for dishwasher and washing machine 0.07 IS pretty cheap) That is so bad for Italy. I was expecting solar área in the south( of Italy) full of panels and generating electricity for the northern industry hubs

Is that before or after taxes? At my home i have rate following the PUN (which is the price of electricity at trade cost) which is currently 0.11, but at home i have flat 0.09 cent. However, you got to add taxes, 10% loss, distribution costs and so on...

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @foxone said:

@Chievo said:

@davide said:

@Chievo said:

Is that before or after taxes? At my home i have rate following the PUN (which is the price of electricity at trade cost) which is currently 0.11, but at home i have flat 0.09 cent. However, you got to add taxes, 10% loss, distribution costs and so on...

Before taxes. For 300kw/h - 50 euros with vat paying for the electrometro, the potence and everything . But the proper electricity IS like 0.07 Up to 0.15 + Vat. The rest are another concepts.

• No I meant that 28-30¢ is the overall cost printed on the bill, all-inclusive with subscription fee, distribution fee, provincial and regional taxes, divided by the energy consumed, so it's the complete sum of all costs. There is also a surcharge because we have 4.5 KW of installed power instead of the more common 3 KW and this is taxed accordingly.

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

Believe it or not, but we pay 0.40 USD / KW in the dc this year , so when I see things like 0.09 USD /KW for home use, my eyes get wet for tears =)

Thanked by (2)Freek Chievo

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• @host_c said:
    Believe it or not, but we pay 0.40 USD / KW in the dc this year , so when I see things like 0.09 USD /KW for home use, my eyes get wet for tears =)

Great benefits for the DC then........ X4 winners . Ready for the Panerema in Miami