HDD or NVME VPS? We've got you covered! The plan you want most at €10/year.

Comments

1. Linux by default will use ALL free RAM as cache
    2. As soon as the RAM space is needed by any other application, the cache is cleared and space made available to the new application immediately
    3. If the QEMU guest agent is disabled, the hypervisor has no way of knowing the actual RAM usage of the guest and will (for safety) block it’s RAM allocation so other can’t use it

@c1vhosting i recommend you sell LXC containers instead of KVM machines, especially for this price, LXC is way superior and can lower the overall resource usage significantly.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @c1vhosting

YABS completed in 21 min 27 sec

Combine this information with performance advisoryand strictly no refund policy once service has been delivered -- all I can say, make an informed decision

There are much better offers for similar budget

• @c1vhosting said:

@marian said:

[@c1vhosting said]: your server has beenNo constantly consuming 7.5GB of RAM out of 8

so, we cannot use whole the allocated RAM for our plan? I understand the CPU is shared, but also the RAM?

H24x7x365? no

Effectively one is expected to use 1 GB or less ... for the VPS advertised with 2gb and "high CPU steal".

No wonder there is strictly no refund policy

Thanked by (1)arirang
  • edited August 23

@Ahui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@Ahui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@Ahui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@Ahui said:
    POM3,The VPS on GB5 only has 200 points, and you are still oversold

From what I see it is because you are abusing the resources you have, so a CPU usage limit has been applied to you to protect other users.

Consider that I see that for over two months your server has been constantly consuming 7.5GB of RAM out of 8 and at least 50% of the cpu, with peaks at 100%. You have never gone below these values ​​... I would not be surprised if the resources have been limited in fact.

You are lucky that we are not suspending your service due to the continuous high CPU and RAM usage like many providers would do.

It depends on your VPS, not on the node itself. If you can share me your service id in DM I'll take a look.

I sent it to you privately

I have also noticed you are on pom4 not on pom3.

You should have read it wrong. I only use 2.5G of memory and have 5.5G of free memory. If you need it, you can recycle 4GB of memory and keep only 4GB enough for use

You should check your VPS, maybe you have a virus or something if you don't recognize this much usage.

It's a problem with your panel display. You should go to Proxmox to check

His panel shows incorrect and much higher memory usage when Windows OS is running on the VPS.

Do you want screenshots for this, @c1vhosting ?

• Here are a few suggestions for you

1. Add more nodes

2. Replace AMD EPYC CPU

3. Low cost VPS prohibits installation of Windows

4. The number of VPS for each node should be controlled within 100

• edited August 23

I noticed that your ASN:AS212271

has 4/24 4 * 256=1024 IP addresses, while you currently only have 4 nodes, which means that each node has at least 230-250 VPS. However, you are using an outdated Intel E5v4 CPU, which is the fatal cause of CPU theft

• Based on your past activities, the CPU allocated to each VPS is 2 cores, with 2 * 230=460. This means that the CPU allocated to each VPS node is 460 cores, while your E5-2697Av4 dual CPU only has 32 * 2=64 cores. It can be imagined that your CPU theft was caused by overselling, with a 64 core CPU selling 460 cores

• @Freek said:
    HDD? So you're telling me this thing can go even slower? Noice

I've been on C1V's HDD... Ask me anything =)

• edited August 23

@Ahui said:
    Based on your past activities, the CPU allocated to each VPS is 2 cores, with 2 * 230=460. This means that the CPU allocated to each VPS node is 460 cores, while your E5-2697Av4 dual CPU only has 32 * 2=64 cores. It can be imagined that your CPU theft was caused by overselling, with a 64 core CPU selling 460 cores

it is already covered under performance advisory that translates to extremely low expectations.
    There is still room for 480 more VPS on each node. Do not worry, strictly no refund policy will take care of it.
    After all, this is AI enabled VPS powered by the data center housed in a basement right next to garage

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • edited August 23

@Ahui said:
    Here are a few suggestions for you

1. Add more nodes

2. Replace AMD EPYC CPU

That's ridonkulous. Accordingly, here is only one piece of advice for you:
    Quadruple your budget for your 'suggestions'.

If C1V really did as you suggested, the price of the VPS would be unacceptable.
    I can't even find your similar products during Black Friday, nice wish though.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• edited August 23

@dev_vps said:

There are much better offers for similar budget

Must be going blind, all ears, pencil in hand... ;)

• @bliss said:

@Ahui said:
    Here are a few suggestions for you

1. Add more nodes

2. Replace AMD EPYC CPU

That's ridonkulous. Accordingly, here is only one piece of advice for you:
    Quadruple your budget for your 'suggestions'.

If C1V really did as you suggested, the price of the VPS would be unacceptable.
    I can't even find your similar products during Black Friday, nice wish though.

Then how come $1 vps from companies like NetCup continue to work fine?

• @dev_vps said: Then how come $1 vps from companies like NetCup continue to work fine?

Did you just compared NetCup to c1vhosting? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thanked by (3)root carlin0 runbiscuit

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited August 23

@Jab said:

@dev_vps said: Then how come $1 vps from companies like NetCup continue to work fine?

Did you just compared NetCup to c1vhosting? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

well I am paying euro 0.84 / month .... cost is similar .... performance is better since NetCup datacenter is not housed in same professional manner as @c1vhosting

and @c1vhosting does not offer monthly plan for "performance advisory" VPS, because business model and strict no refund policy work better on annual plan.

@c1vhosting "performance advisory" VPS won't even offer quarterly plan ... say 4 euros/quarter in stead of 10 euros/year ... even though on paper that model brings more money.

• This $10/year VPS performance is way better, not with @c1vhosting

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic System Information:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 1 hours, 37 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3393.622 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 58.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1359
    Multi Core      | 2567
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22804004

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1858
    Multi Core      | 3290
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/7460944

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • edited August 23

@bliss said: I can't even find your similar products during Black Friday, nice wish though.

Oh, there is/was one comparable. Look at this rainbow. It's like the old Berlin's Love Parade :)

• edited August 23

@dev_vps said: Then how come $1 vps from companies like NetCup continue to work fine?

Thanks for mentioning. I was considering buying one VPS from NetCup, but I've many VPS idling so give up that thought.

The €1 VPS of NetCup you said is undoubtedly more stable than C1V's, and more powerful in terms of CPU. Different people in different situations can make their own suitable choices.
    Here is a simple comparison between them:

Provider CPU Memory Disk Network Price Uptime
    NetCup QEMU, GB5 480 1 GB 30 GB SSD Unlimited @ 1 Gbps limited @ 100 Mbps 12 EUR with VAT included or 10 EUR with VAT exempt 99% or more
    C1V E5-2698 v4, GB5 200 2000 MB 140 GB SSD 10 TB @ 1 Gbps 10 EUR about 95%

As long as C1V doesn't deadpool, I may well choose it when P2P sharing.

@Mumbly said: Oh, there is/was one comparable. Look at this rainbow. It's like the old Berlin's Love Parade

Yeah, it is colorful. May I know the name of the provider so that I may buy one when offer comes during big sales. Thank you.

• @bliss said: Yeah, it is colorful. May I know the name of the provider so that I may buy one when offer comes during big sales. Thank you.

The name is written above the rainbow, but I'm not sure if they'll still sell their stuff internationally. Their offer posting rights were revoked on the other forum, and they were never really a thing there.

• @Mumbly said: The name is written above the rainbow,

Oh, my bad, I thought the name should be something more familiar. I guess the 'TR' means it is from Turkey, if that is the case, then I'll pass it because my past experience with ayyildizmedya.com (which is or fake itself as a Turkish company) was extremely awful.

I still love Turkey though.

• @bliss said:

Thanks for mentioning. I was considering buying one VPS from NetCup, but I've many VPS idling so give up that thought.

The €1 VPS of NetCup you said is undoubtedly more stable than C1V's, and more powerful in terms of CPU. Different people in different situations can make their own suitable choices.
    Here is a simple comparison between them:

Provider CPU Memory Disk Network Price Uptime
    NetCup QEMU, GB5 480 1 GB 30 GB SSD Unlimited @ 1 Gbps limited @ 100 Mbps 12 EUR with VAT included or 10 EUR with VAT exempt 99% or more
    C1V E5-2698 v4, GB5 200 2000 MB 140 GB SSD 10 TB @ 1 Gbps 10 EUR about 95%

As long as C1V doesn't deadpool, I may well choose it when P2P sharing.

@Mumbly said: Oh, there is/was one comparable. Look at this rainbow. It's like the old Berlin's Love Parade

Yeah, it is colorful. May I know the name of the provider so that I may buy one when offer comes during big sales. Thank you.

Well, GB6 score is looking pretty good for @c1vhosting

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2199.996 MHz
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 78.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-13-amd64

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V
    ASN        : AS212271 Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V
    Host       : C1V Hosting
    Location   : Milan, Lombardy (25)
    Country    : Italy

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 80.08 MB/s   (20.0k) | 1.35 GB/s    (21.1k)
    Write      | 80.29 MB/s   (20.0k) | 1.36 GB/s    (21.2k)
    Total      | 160.38 MB/s  (40.0k) | 2.71 GB/s    (42.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.28 GB/s     (2.5k) | 1.08 GB/s     (1.0k)
    Write      | 1.34 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.15 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Total      | 2.63 GB/s     (5.1k) | 2.23 GB/s     (2.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 538 Mbits/sec   | 969 Mbits/sec   |  33.4 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (100G)      | 845 Mbits/sec   | 988 Mbits/sec   |  35.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 373 Mbits/sec   | 717 Mbits/sec   |  90.1 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 263 Mbits/sec   | 750 Mbits/sec   | 276 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 367 Mbits/sec   | 725 Mbits/sec   | 162 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 534 Mbits/sec   | 756 Mbits/sec   | 104 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 231 Mbits/sec   | 830 Mbits/sec   | 222 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 734 Mbits/sec   | 974 Mbits/sec   |  33.5 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (100G)      | 695 Mbits/sec   | 975 Mbits/sec   |  35.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 200 Mbits/sec   | 935 Mbits/sec   |  82.8 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 239 Mbits/sec   | 658 Mbits/sec   | 275 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 327 Mbits/sec   | 713 Mbits/sec   | 173 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 419 Mbits/sec   | 804 Mbits/sec   | 108 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 194 Mbits/sec   | 778 Mbits/sec   | 221 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 519
    Multi Core      | 943
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22804162

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     |  643
    Multi Core      | 1112
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/7462091

• @bliss said: Oh, my bad, I thought the name should be something more familiar. I guess the 'TR' means it is from Turkey, if that is the case, then I'll pass it because my past experience with ayyildizmedya.com (which is or fake itself as a Turkish company) was extremely awful.

There was a huge pretty funny drama involving this and other Turkish hosts. AWM appeared legitimate (if we can say that...) while the other host appeared as quick money grab scam operation running by the same people. Both were selling heavily oversold 8GB plans for like $11/y or so.
    I ended up stuck with this VPS for a year doing nothing :)
    Despite all the network outages, the uptime is actually slightly better than it was with C1V when I was hosted with them.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @c1vhosting said:

@Ahui said:
    When will the Debian11 template be added?

Right now you can use the variety of ISO images available to be mounted in a click.
    By default netboot is mounted.

I can’t provide you a timeline for the Debian 11 ready-to-use template.

Debian 11 installed directly from source

Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2199.996 MHz
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Disk       : 78.2 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-30-cloud-amd64

• edited August 23

@dev_vps said: Well, GB6 score is looking pretty good for @c1vhosting

Yes, my point is the specs of C1V's VPS may not be shining but the specs is worth the price. While nobody can deny that the service is not stable (uptime is about 95%).

I just can't understand why some people constantly complain the CPU or memory, yes, I know the CPU is feeble (eg. compiling aMule-cli takes more than 10 minutes compared with less than 30 seconds on my desktop or 3 minutes on other $10-ish VPS) and the memory is 2000MB = 2GB, but anyway it is worth the price as of now.

Let's hope C1V continue for another year.

• Wanted to test the storage server, but can't connect to ssh.

@c1vhosting

• @Amadex said:
    Wanted to test the storage server, but can't connect to ssh.

@c1vhosting

Maybe you need to wait... and wait... and wait... until there is some time for OpenSSH's turn within all that CPU steal.

Thanked by (2)Kris cybertech
  • edited August 23

@bliss said:

@dev_vps said: Well, GB6 score is looking pretty good for @c1vhosting

Yes, my point is the specs of C1V's VPS may not be shining but the specs is worth the price. While nobody can deny that the service is not stable (uptime is about 95%).

I just can't understand why some people constantly complain the CPU or memory, yes, I know the CPU is feeble (eg. compiling aMule-cli takes more than 10 minutes compared with less than 30 seconds on my desktop or 3 minutes on other $10-ish VPS) and the memory is 2000MB = 2GB, but anyway it is worth the price as of now.

Let's hope C1V continue for another year.

Because one day GB6 score would be 640 ... next day it could be 240, 400 , or even 180.
    the performance fluctuates like a random wave pattern

and that is why it is good for hobby projects with zero performance expectancy

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @root said:

@Amadex said:
    Wanted to test the storage server, but can't connect to ssh.

@c1vhosting

Maybe you need to wait... and wait... and wait... until there is some time for OpenSSH's turn within all that CPU steal.

actually it is

wait .... wait ....wait ..........wait

• and still waiting, no success with connection :disappointed:

• rootroot OG
    edited August 23

@Amadex said:
    and still waiting, no success with connection :disappointed:

While waiting... clear your mind; put away all the bad thoughts of refund ticket, PayPal dispute and chargeback. Think of good things like exercising patience through waiting. Try to resist the chargeback urge.

• Imagine it was 1945, we would have dedicated RAM and dedicated CPU now