HDD or NVME VPS? We've got you covered! The plan you want most at €10/year.

Comments

• edited August 31

@dev_vps said: Did you look at the cpu resource utilization… it is around 15-20% range …
    Did you look at memory utilization … it is below 40%
    My storage space utilization is below 30%

So, kindly explain how I am consuming more resources?

Please do not question me overwhelmingly, take it easy man, I'm here for communication and mutual understanding.
    Now, compare my counterpart statistics:

$  w
     09:18:39 up 1 day,  8:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.01
    USER     TTY       LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU  WHAT
    user               09:18   32:17m  0.00s  0.04s sshd-session: user [priv]
    $  free -h
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:           3.7Gi       519Mi       155Mi       4.6Mi       3.3Gi       3.2Gi
    Swap:             0B          0B          0B
    $  df -h /
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1        50G   38G   12G  77% /

Many trivial programs are running on the VPS, like qbittorrent, aMule, nginx, wireguard, cloudflared, and rsync. The upload speed of P2P sharing programs are limited at 2 MB/s, and the traffic consumed is about 5TB (the traffic statistics is inaccurate, and about 20% ~ 30% more than actually used. I observed deprecated network packets whose destination are my neighbors, but I don't bother to inform C1V, for one thing I can't exactly describe the problems, for another, 10 TB traffic quota is more than enough).

Anyway, I have to remind you that many providers prohibit running Microsoft Windows on their cheap offers, simply because Windows OS has much more pre-installed, configured, or auto-start programs, not to mention its beautiful GUI thus utilizes more resources than a bare CLI linux.

With such an affordable price, overselling is of course expected more or less, so I demand more stability than performance. Since you've posted many fantastic YABS results, why not install latest Windows on those and spare your neighbours.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• edited August 31

@dev_vps said: the Windows Server OS is pretty resource optimized and does not need much resources.
    Here is one example , the cpu utilization is below 2% ... yes 2%

That's amazing, my old laptop with 22nm Celeron CPU is running Windows 10 and the load is seldom below 40%, always updating system, bloatware or something, but unluckily I failed to disable updating. Maybe I should try that "optimized Windows Server OS".

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @bliss said:

@dev_vps said: the Windows Server OS is pretty resource optimized and does not need much resources.
    Here is one example , the cpu utilization is below 2% ... yes 2%

That's amazing, my old laptop with 22nm Celeron CPU is running Windows 10 and the load is seldom below 40%, always updating system, bloatware or something, but unluckily I failed to disable updating. Maybe I should try that "optimized Windows Server OS".

Windows 10 is not same as Windows Server 2022 OS

And I install Windows Server from Microsoft source iso.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @bliss said:

With such an affordable price, overselling is of course expected more or less, so I demand more stability than performance.
    Since you've posted many fantastic YABS results, why not install latest Windows on those and spare your neighbors.

@bliss -
    I can transfer my VPS (2x vCPU / 8GB / 80GB) to you with only one condition, if @c1vhosting can transfer to your account for free.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • rootroot OG
    edited August 31

@dev_vps said:

@bliss said:

With such an affordable price, overselling is of course expected more or less, so I demand more stability than performance.
    Since you've posted many fantastic YABS results, why not install latest Windows on those and spare your neighbors.

@bliss -
    I can transfer my VPS (2x vCPU / 8GB / 80GB) to you with only one condition, if @c1vhosting can transfer to your account for free.

These cheap and extremely low-end services normally requires fees on service transfers?

• edited August 31

@root said:

@dev_vps said:

@bliss said:

@bliss -

These cheap and extremely low-end services normally requires fees on service transfers?

Last time someone approached c1v and he asked for 10 euros for account transfer
    if c1v is willing to transfer the vps for free, @bliss can my VPS for free

There are still 8+ months left for my VPS.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic System Information:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697A v4 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2596.990 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 78.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-13-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 423
    Multi Core      | 797
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22823746

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 510
    Multi Core      | 893
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/7561060

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: RETN - London
    Idle Latency:    32.67 ms   (jitter: 0.14ms, low: 32.59ms, high: 32.89ms)
        Download:  1336.40 Mbps (data used: 1.7 GB)
                     47.55 ms   (jitter: 31.81ms, low: 29.29ms, high: 409.32ms)
          Upload:   443.66 Mbps (data used: 703.6 MB)
                     33.87 ms   (jitter: 3.62ms, low: 32.56ms, high: 85.64ms)
     Packet Loss:     0.0%
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/f2d7c83f-c574-42f3-806f-b362a5e408e0

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @dev_vps said: if c1v is willing to transfer the vps for free, @bliss can my VPS for free

Thank you for the kindness, but I'll pass because there already have been several VPS idling. Maybe you could donate it to someone in need or just keep it running unimportant programs.

Thanked by (1)dev_vps

• rootroot OG
    edited September 1

@bliss said:

@dev_vps said: if c1v is willing to transfer the vps for free, @bliss can my VPS for free

Thank you for the kindness, but I'll pass because there already have been several VPS idling. Maybe you could donate it to someone in need or just keep it running unimportant programs.

Maybe he/she could donate the bandwidth to Tor relay at some non-abusive rate (like 100mbps or 50mbps).

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • why i cannot remove VAT? i'm from Indonesia

• @abangnoob said:

why i cannot remove VAT? i'm from Indonesia

Send a message to @c1vhosting and wait patiently for the answer

• @root said:

Ofcourse - it's part of the money-making-scheme. Only provide annual payment. Make the service and performance so bad that people stop using the VPS after 1, 2 or 3 months, so they'll start idling. Basically, you've got a full years payment of which only a couple of months you have to provide that low performance, after that you can resell (oversell) the VPS resources again.

If people start transferring, that won't work, so you have to get money in again to provide for the next couple of months of non-idling host.

• @Calypso said:

@root said:

Ofcourse - it's part of the money-making-scheme. Only provide annual payment.

Exactly.
    That’s why offers such as $4/quarter are not seen. Though such offers are financially more rewarding for the such providers.

$10/year offer is better for such provider’s business model.

Make the service and performance so bad that people stop using the VPS after 1, 2 or 3 months, so they'll start idling. Basically, you've got a full years payment of which only a couple of months you have to provide that low performance, after that you can resell (oversell) the VPS resources again.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

not to worry he'll be back with a new (and probably better specced) deal

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

What is not paid with money, gets paid with time. Many people will always fall for this, because of poverty or current recession. Meanwhile C1V will make sales, even though the machines are slow to death.

@root said:

@cybertech said:

What is not paid with money, gets paid with time. Many people will always fall for this, because of poverty or current recession. Meanwhile C1V will make sales, even though the machines are slow to death.

thats has always been their modus operandi.

• @root said:

@cybertech said:

What is not paid with money, gets paid with time.
    Many people will always fall for this, because of poverty or current recession. Meanwhile C1V will make sales, even though the machines are slow to death.

Because €10 equates to “two cups of popular brand coffee” and that clouds their judgment instead of evaluating the offer logically.

The cycle of
    offer — couple of posts — hibernation period
    will continue.

• edited September 3

@dev_vps said:
    Because €10 equates to “two cups of popular brand coffee” and that clouds their judgment instead of evaluating the offer logically.

That's at least 20 Espressos served in plastic cups from the vending machine I had in school! Still, judgment was not impaired (not too much at least, because I did end up buying a special promo :smile: )

• @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we are working on improving IO speeds on the HDD node.

Thanks for your patience.

Any plans to fix this issue by next quarter.

• rootroot OG
    edited September 3

I still fail to see some seriou> @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

There is no fix. Service is working according to plan - an oversold 10€ per year plan.

• edited September 3

@root said:
    @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

There is no fix. Service is working according to plan - an oversold 10€ per year plan.

Then what fix c1v is working on

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@root said:
    @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

Then what fix c1v is working on

@c1vhosting said:

"maintenance" but actually is just reboot.

• edited September 4

Can anyone share their experience using HDD VPS? Is it practical for regular use?

• edited September 4

@niceghost said:
    Can anyone share their experience using HDD VPS? Is it practical for regular use?

It is perfect for idling. It will idle at 100% disk usage though and you'll want to think twice before typing ls.

On the positive side, my HDD plan was usable some days :)

Thanked by (1)niceghost
  • edited September 4

@niceghost said:
    Can anyone share their experience using HDD VPS?
    Is it practical for regular use?

Yes, but only for the provider.
    He is happy to oversell and make money.

@hostmonit said:

HDD PLAN
    apt install python3 takes about 2 hours

@c1vhosting said:

Check with @c1vhosting if he is done with the fix.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint niceghost
  • rootroot OG
    edited September 4

@niceghost said:

Instead of buying such storage VPS, I would advise anyone to think about buying some cheap MicroSD card from Amazon and some cheap board like NanoPi Neo and still get way better results than what an oversold VPS from C1V has to offer.

Don't get me wrong; it is not like a Cortex A7 has so much power, but C1V simply oversells like crazy to reach such low-end prices, which kind of makes sense for publicity but with huge drop in computing quality. A setup like the one I mentioned though has unbelievably much more speed than a VPS from C1V, simply because of how oversold the CPU is at C1V, making a Cortex A7 board a more efficient choice than a VPS.

• my vps was suspended for ddos, problem is it was off for the last 2 weeks.

• rootroot OG
    edited September 5

@tenpera said:
    my vps was suspended for ddos, problem is it was off for the last 2 weeks.

DDoS? How? Those services are barely usable.

• How would anyone be able to do DDoS from it?
    • Why would anyone do a DDoS towards it when nothing can be run on it?

This suspension has some really deep shit conspiracy accusation from provider's side.

• edited September 5

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

I guess one way to "fix" Overselling is to ban your customer's accounts.
    Is there a law to protect customers in case of the issue above happened?
    If the host lied, what could the customer do?

• @fr99ths said: Is there a law to protect customers in case of the issue above happened?

Yes.

@fr99ths said: If the host lied, what could the customer do?

Chargeback and sue.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• rootroot OG
    edited September 6

@Jab said:

@fr99ths said: Is there a law to protect customers in case of the issue above happened?

Yes.

@fr99ths said: If the host lied, what could the customer do?

Chargeback and sue.

That is the trick on which the provider relies their whole business model on. Chargebacks are not worth the time spent for justification of €10; suing ain't worth the effort for a €10 loss.

In my opinion not even the stress itself is worth €10, even though the time waiting for an "apt update" command to complete is worth more than that. The stress appears when one thinks of all the people who fall for this kind of offers, while the provider oversells even further, then suspends accounts to oversell even more.

Some form of unity between people is always needed, because when they're divided they are being taken for granted and even conquered (as seen throughout history).