Big updates, new server and 20% off for the first 12 months: Cloud VPS starting at just €2.44/month!

c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider
edited September 22 in Offers

Dear LES community,

We are excited to share some important updates with you.

Introducing Our New Cloud Linux VPS SSD Plans

We are proud to announce four new low-cost VPS SSD plans: Venice, Naples, Piacenza, and Verona. These plans are powered by our latest SSD node, POM6, the newest addition to our data center, featuring Dual Intel Xeon Gold 6152 CPUs.

Explore the new plans

I am pleased to reserve for the LES community a special price on the order of any VPS of this new category: by selecting the monthly billing cycle, for the first 12 monthly renewals you can take advantage of the 20% discount.
Please use the promo code CQ8YYXCE5Z at the checkout.

Infrastructure Upgrade to IPv6-Only

In our commitment to innovation, we are updating all our internal infrastructure to be IPv6-only. This upgrade will enhance performance and future-proof our services.

Website Enhancements

We've revamped our website to make it faster and more responsive, providing you with a smoother browsing experience.

Expanded Payment Options

• Credit and Debit Cards: You can now securely use your credit or debit cards on our website.
  • Updated PayPal Integration: We've enhanced our PayPal payment method with the latest integration, allowing you to authorize payments safely with a single login.

Useful Links

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to serving you with these exciting new features.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

Thanked by (1)bliss

Comments

• What's the expected performance and uptime on these plans? Are there minimum performance/uptime guarantees?

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@cmeerw said:
    What's the expected performance and uptime on these plans?
    Are there minimum performance/uptime guarantees?

Hello,
    Due to the low cost, to make the service accessible to all of you, we cannot guarantee a minimum level of performance, nor uptime guarantees, except as described in the terms of our contract.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• edited September 22

@c1vhosting said:

Due to the low cost, to make the service accessible to all of you, we cannot guarantee a minimum level of performance, nor uptime guarantees, except as described in the terms of our contract.

Thank you.

Please explain this on the plan page written in BIG font

Unlock exceptional performance with our RAID 10 SSD servers

What exactly do you mean by "exceptional performance" ?

• @c1vhosting said: Infrastructure Upgrade to IPv6-Only

I'm sorry but did you mean 'IPv6-ready'? "Only" means no IPv4 is provided which is not in your case.

Anyway, nice to see your new offer.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

@bliss said:

@c1vhosting said: Infrastructure Upgrade to IPv6-Only

I'm sorry but did you mean 'IPv6-ready'? "Only" means no IPv4 is provided which is not in your case.

Sorry, I meant internal infrastructure. This mean we plan to use only IPv6 addresses on all our servers for internal and external communications.

Anyway, nice to see your new offer.

Thanks!

Thanked by (1)bliss

@dev_vps said:

I saw now you edited your message.
    Performance:price

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

what data center? garage?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited September 22

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

I saw now you edited your message.
    Performance:price

If that is the criteria then your offer is lukewarm at best.

I will avoid such high performance vps offer.

• And if you want to know the reason.
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:
    we cannot guarantee a minimum level of performance …

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting

@dev_vps said:
    And if you want to know the reason.
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

This has been said several times already.

Although I see that you keep having a continued interest in our solutions :)

• edited September 22

You gotta make a Cervia plan.

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • Expected GB6 score from 2x vCPU Xeon Gold 6152

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
     ---------------------------------
     Test            | Value
                     |
     Single Core     |  899
     Multi Core      | 1628
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/7636659

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • @c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

Well I am interested in VPS offers where average 30-35% cpu utilization is permitted.

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • @cybertech said:
    what data center? garage?

Ofcourse. He put on a new shelve so he has space for a new minitower.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • edited September 22

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

Well I am interested in VPS offers where average 30-35% cpu utilization is permitted.

@c1vhosting
    Do you think your offer allows that?
    I don’t think so.

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

@c1vhosting
    I don’t think so.

Hello,
    what do you think of Hetzner policies?

• edited September 23

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

@c1vhosting
    I don’t think so.

Hello,

I prefer premium providers who allow average 35-40% utilization. On the other hand there are some low end providers who I totally avoid … especially those who have low performance advisory and data center next to a garage.

For example — NetCup 0.92 / month performance is much better.

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

@c1vhosting
    I don’t think so.

Hello,

I prefer premium providers who allow average 35-40% utilization. On the other hand there are some low end providers who I totally avoid … especially those who have low performance advisory and data center next to a garage.

Thanks for your feedback.

• edited September 23

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said:
    Here it is

@c1vhosting said:

@c1vhosting
    I don’t think so.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

And since you asked about Hetzner
    — CPX 33% allowance is perfect. It does provide decent guaranteed performance within budget unlike many low end providers who do not come even with 15% cpu allocation.

What do you think about that?

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • edited September 23

you are not Hetzner

The all seeing eye sees everything...

@dev_vps said: guaranteed

Ehm, read again the text :'(
    Shared tariffs are suitable for application with low to medium CPU requirements that do not require sustained or guaranteed performance.

• @terrorgen said:

you are not Hetzner

c1v control panel has template only with two choices for OS auto install. That is just one factor good enough to qualify as low end of low end providers.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen
  • edited September 23

@c1vhosting said:

@dev_vps said: guaranteed

Ehm, read again the text :'(
    Shared tariffs are suitable for application with low to medium CPU requirements that do not require sustained or guaranteed performance.

There must a good reason why I am a Hetzner customer for 5+ years.

And you are not even anywhere close to 10% of Hetzner, in my experience dealing with c1v vps.

edited September 24

@dev_vps said:

@terrorgen said:

you are not Hetzner

c1v control panel has template only with two choices for OS auto install. That is just one factor good enough to qualify as low end of low end providers.

please do not lump c1v together with low end providers. i have never seen other providers even the scammy ones with only 2 OS templates and rarely any that limits CPU to 20% of a thread, masked as "AI", hosted in a "TIER III design datacenter".

garage is a garage, at least iHostART and the other i forgot his name were truthful about it.

hence I would take his "performance advisory" extremely seriously and apply caveat emptor on this one.

Thanked by (1)burntascii

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@terrorgen said:

you are not Hetzner

please do not lump c1v together with low end providers. i have never seen other providers even the scammy ones with only 2 OS templates and rarely any that limits CPU to 20% of a thread, masked as "AI", hosted in a "TIER III design datacenter".

garage is a garage, at least iHostART and the other i forgot his name were truthful about it.

hence I would take his "performance advisory" extremely seriously and apply caveat emptor on this one.

I take all your comments into consideration to help me improve.

@c1vhosting said:

@cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@terrorgen said:

you are not Hetzner

I take all your comments into consideration to help me improve.

your reply is noted.

• MOARRRRRRRR

• @cybertech said:

@dev_vps said:

@terrorgen said:

you are not Hetzner

Well, having more OS templates is pretty easy and having just two OS templates could be viewed as "non seriousness" on the part of the provider by many customers.

email based ticketing system is another one.

Having a data center in a garage is ok, but not being straight forward about the data center is certainly not ok.

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited September 24

Looks like some pictures of the datacenter were dropped in an article an interview with C1V owner "Luca Marini". Article is in italian:

"From dream to reality, the story of Luca Marini and C1VHosting"
    https://www.europeanaffairs.it/blog/2024/09/02/dal-sogno-alla-realta-la-storia-di-luca-marini-e-c1v-hosting/ (Archive: https://archive.is/Sh5F9 )

There is a very grainy picture of some servers on a rack (and a small table?)

And what looks like Luca mounting an axial fan to an exhaust pipe (I really do not understand why you would put an exhaust fan in a DC especially if you have AC, my makeshift colocation garage is completely air tight because I really don't want oxygen actively feeding an eventual fire or dust getting into the server fans)

Looking at the photos on the Google Maps entry, the composition of the rack and the mood of the DC checks out.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/wrGunQoNiwGQ7W3P8

They are selling a garage in the same place with the exact tiles, too: https://www.immobiliare.it/annunci/96287112/

• edited September 24

Why Pom1 and Pom2 are on a fruit crate.

Thanked by (1)Calin