Fucking quality.

Telegram advisory:

EDIT: please check https://t.me/c1vhosting/350
    Aka:

"RETN is down again, we are still waiting for their answer on this matter."

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • @c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:
    For a while today, c1vhosting's official website was inaccessible, along with the VPS you purchased from them. This suggests that c1v is truly providing their services on a 'best effort' basis, offering a service level at least comparable to that of their own website :p

https://t.me/c1vhosting/348

@Jab said:

Fucking quality.

C1V... the joke that keeps on giving...

• Anyone offline also? Any updates on telegram?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• rootroot OG
    edited October 15

Has anyone tested the VPN service of C1V? Can it reach gigabit speeds?

Thanked by (1)lukast__
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@root said:

yes in year 3045

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Jab said:
    Anyone offline also? Any updates on telegram?

208.65.87.X range? Mine's down

• rootroot OG
    edited October 16

@cybertech said:

@root said:

yes in year 3045

Well... considering the chip implant in brain by Elon Musk, and the modifications of genomes to preserve DNA pool for infinite life after World War 3, this might be doable. It is hard to decide at this stage to cancel the €1/year VPN plan or not.

EDIT: on a serious note I tested from a VPS in Germany. It seems it reaches approximately 400mbps. I think I shall keep it.

• @Jab said:
    Anyone offline also? Any updates on telegram?

Not entirely offline, but completely unusable (i.e. going on- and offline) since yesterday evening. Also very strange things are happening during SSH key exchange. Just avoiding the VPS as the plague right now - but I've should have done that already with everything that has just a bit of a link with C1V...

• @c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:
    For a while today, c1vhosting's official website was inaccessible, along with the VPS you purchased from them. This suggests that c1v is truly providing their services on a 'best effort' basis, offering a service level at least comparable to that of their own website :p

"We have renewed our energy infrastructure to achieve greater redundancy (2N): almost all servers are now connected to two distinct energy sources and UPS. This improvement promises significantly better reliability than before.", post by c1vhosting on another forum.

• @liuhui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:

"We have renewed our energy infrastructure to achieve greater redundancy (2N): almost all servers are now connected to two distinct energy sources and UPS. This improvement promises significantly better reliability than before.", post by c1vhosting on another forum.

Again!? How much power sources do these servers have now? Tier 11 ?

• rootroot OG
    edited October 16

@Freek said:

@liuhui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:

He might be right about energy and maintenance. The servers are extremely slow due to how overcrowded they are. In order to achieve profits on such very low prices, and within European Union, and at a time of recession when cost of living is going through the roof, the only solution is to oversell like crazy. This is precisely what he does: he oversells KVM to oblivion of kernels.

If one server goes down for maintenance, upon a simple reboot of a host all the VPS servers will try to reboot, creating a huge load and having a very slow reboot and likely many failures. It is like a cascade chain of events caused by overcrowding. To this add that some panicked customers will try to reinstall the server, creating even more load, while others do torrenting and seeding (even more load at boot time).

In short: it is a mess. I am not trying to excuse C1V in any way, shape, or form. I simply believe he does make profits from all this, so it makes sense to invest money in their registered business. After all: good publicity or bad publicity is still publicity. I hope for better services over time as business grows, but time will tell if it will implode or evolve.

Thanked by (1)dsbnoob
  • @kheng86 said: 208.65.87.X range? Mine's down

Yep, this range. Down for 14 hours.

Also do you have any graphs? Kinda interested what changed around 9th of October - because my "workload" (mostly idling) didn't change, but CPU jumped (LOL) and network, ohhhhhhh boi.

• @root said:

@Freek said:

@liuhui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:

He might be right about energy and maintenance. The servers are extremely slow due to how overcrowded they are. In order to achieve profits on such very low prices, and within European Union, and at a time of recession when cost of living is going through the roof, the only solution is to oversell like crazy. This is precisely what he does: he oversells KVM to oblivion of kernels.

If one server goes down for maintenance, upon a simple reboot of a host all the VPS servers will try to reboot, creating a huge load and having a very slow reboot and likely many failures. It is like a cascade chain of events caused by overcrowding. To this add that some panicked customers will try to reinstall the server, creating even more load, while others do torrenting and seeding (even more load at boot time).

In short: it is a mess. I am not trying to excuse C1V in any way, shape, or form. I simply believe he does make profits from all this, so it makes sense to invest money in their registered business. After all: good publicity or bad publicity is still publicity. I hope for better services over time as business grows, but time will tell if it will implode or evolve.

I don't think he needs to make a profit. To me it looks like his hosting 'company' is just a hobby project.

• rootroot OG
    edited October 16

@Freek said:

@root said:

@Freek said:

@liuhui said:

@c1vhosting said:

@liuhui said:

I don't think he needs to make a profit. To me it looks like his hosting 'company' is just a hobby project.

You could be right. To me though it seems more than just a hobby. He went through the trouble of creating a company, buying hardware, setting up an actual datacenter, ASN, legal terms, and more. It all seems too much for just a hobby of grabbing some servers and renting overcrowded VPS in spare time. There is an actual business behind it all, so there's got to be profits too for declarations to Italy's fiscal system.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • I've stopped monitoring mine. It triggered too many alerts. I got tired of it.

Thanked by (1)Freek
  • Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.

• I did reinstall one, several minutes later I got an email.

Subject: Il tuo VPS è pronto! Benvenuto nel futuro con C1V Hosting

I tried to login with the password on the email but could not because "invalid password". lol

• @amj said:
    I did reinstall one, several minutes later I got an email.

I tried to login with the password on the email but could not because "invalid password". lol

There is a "bug" in their system about password.
    Use all lowercase version of the password provided in the email.

Performance Advisory for @c1vhosting

Thanked by (1)amj
  • @dev_vps said:

@amj said:
    I did reinstall one, several minutes later I got an email.

There is a "bug" in their system about password.
    Use all lowercase version of the password provided in the email.

Performance Advisory for @c1vhosting

Thank you for the info but lowered password didn't work too.

• @amj said:

Maybe we have the same issue; did you try your password through the NoVNC console? Mine works through NoVNC, however, it doesn't work remotely through SSH (but logging in through SSH and password is on). Also my keypair login through SSH doesn't work anymore - this is ever since the latest "I'm responding/I'm not responding" issues began a couple of days ago.

I'm not going to put any effort in it. Every minute that a C1V VPS is working as it should is completely non-intentional. Also every part of the service/website that actually works is a bug that will be fixed in the near future.

• @Calypso said:

@amj said:

Maybe we have the same issue; did you try your password through the NoVNC console? Mine works through NoVNC, however, it doesn't work remotely through SSH (but logging in through SSH and password is on). Also my keypair login through SSH doesn't work anymore - this is ever since the latest "I'm responding/I'm not responding" issues began a couple of days ago.

I'm not going to put any effort in it. Every minute that a C1V VPS is working as it should is completely non-intentional. Also every part of the service/website that actually works is a bug that will be fixed in the near future.

I think it is same issue too. My other VPSes on C1V also don't work ssh. The server fingerprints are changed and I can't login with pubkey auth.
    NoVNC doesn't work for me, pom(3|4).c1vhosting.it couldn't be resolved.

• @amj said: NoVNC doesn't work for me, pom(3|4).c1vhosting.it couldn't be resolved.

it's IPv6 only, because... who the fucks knows.

Thanked by (1)amj

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

c1v awfully quiet as usual

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    c1v awfully quiet as usual

He probably too busy restarting IPv6. This is all from last 5 hours.

• @Jab said:

@amj said: NoVNC doesn't work for me, pom(3|4).c1vhosting.it couldn't be resolved.

it's IPv6 only, because... who the fucks knows.

He wasn't allowed more IPv4 addresses by his mommy

• Still wondering why, after all the lies, fraud and misleading this kid has brought he's still allowed a provider tag here.

• @Calypso said:
    Still wondering why, after all the lies, fraud and misleading this kid has brought he's still allowed a provider tag here.

Oh come on. The uptime of my c1v VPS is more than 97% which is not too bad.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• @bliss said:

@Calypso said:
    Still wondering why, after all the lies, fraud and misleading this kid has brought he's still allowed a provider tag here.

Oh come on. The uptime of my c1v VPS is more than 97% which is not too bad.

Over the (almost) 11 months I have this VPS, I have an uptime below 90%. 88.1% to be precise (*). And yes, there are days, sometimes even a week, without an issue.

Even if it had a bit less dramatic uptime, this guy is clearly putting on lies about his "datacenter" (garage), misleading people that it is a "Tier 3 datacenter", clearly avoiding questions about it, announcing "power redundancy" for i-don't-know-how-many-times, and lowering expectations for his "services", but in the meanwhile he sold exactly the same services without these "performance warnings" before, i.e. lured in customers with false promises. Don't forget the "just wait a bit, we are improving this and that" ways of trying to keep customers shut. He is a fraud in my book. He got the benefit of the doubt here on this forum, but playtime is over, and he didn't improve. For just a little bit more much better performance and uptimes can be found around here.

I don't mind people wanting "lower than low" service, but this guy is just living in his own fantasy world where he is a "big datacenter guy". No he isn't. He is a kid who has a few servers in a garage with a bit of cooling and a few off-the-shelve UPS systems. Nothing wrong with that, if only he'd admit it and would have been open about it.

(*) Small remark: Currently I cannot login to my VPS, it is running, but basically usage is impossible. That together with an uptime of 44% in the last 24 hours.

• @Calypso said:
    He is a kid who has a few servers in a garage with a bit of cooling and a few off-the-shelve UPS systems. Nothing wrong with that, if only he'd admit it and would have been open about it.

It is impossible to admit something like that. Unlike other Romanian providers from their basement, this provider (C1V) does not allow DMCA content. He does not have the advantage of online piracy from Italy. So he has to oversell like crazy to make some profits.

• @Calypso said: Even if it had a bit less dramatic uptime, this guy is clearly putting on lies about his "datacenter" (garage), misleading people that it is a "Tier 3 datacenter", clearly avoiding questions about it, announcing "power redundancy" for i-don't-know-how-many-times, and lowering expectations for his "services", but in the meanwhile he sold exactly the same services without these "performance warnings" before, i.e. lured in customers with false promises. Don't forget the "just wait a bit, we are improving this and that" ways of trying to keep customers shut. He is a fraud in my book. He got the benefit of the doubt here on this forum, but playtime is over, and he didn't improve. For just a little bit more much better performance and uptimes can be found around here.

I don't mind people wanting "lower than low" service,

I'm sorry for your awful uptime. I think less than 95% is almost unusable.
    As for the "lies", yes, you are right as downtime still happens from time to time after so many "upgrades" or "redundancy". One may wonder what the differences are before and after all these improvements.

Anyway, I fail to grab any offers better than c1v's. There were many amazing offers during Black Friday which went out of stock in literally seconds while other poor providers terminated service in advance then disappeared. Yeah I know I can't expect too much for less than 10 dollars (one exception is web-horizon which is very stable and affordable).

I hope C1V continues its business.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V