[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)!

Comments

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@yoursunny said: Hmm, NAUGHTYLIST works on 256MB as well. $12.6/year with IPv4.

Yup. Not anymore. The 256M, 2G-2CPU, and 4G-4CPU are all excluded because they're already on promotion. =)

Everyone seems to be waiting for Singapore to be back in stock.

• @MaxKVM said:

@yoursunny said: Hmm, NAUGHTYLIST works on 256MB as well. $12.6/year with IPv4.

Yup. Not anymore. The 256M, 2G-2CPU, and 4G-4CPU are all excluded because they're already on promotion. =)

Everyone seems to be waiting for Singapore to be back in stock.

Existing customers can also migrate to Singapore DC?

• Damn! I had the 12-24-2020 promo in cart but lost the voucher race when I was about to pay (got the regular price in PayPal)!

@MaxKVM How many vouchers where for this?

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @casadebamburojo said:
    Damn! I had the 12-24-2020 promo in cart but lost the voucher race when I was about to pay (got the regular price in PayPal)!

75% is a huge bite, and I think there are only a few. When used, it's gone. I guess there could be no exception for today, but there are more lucrative codes for tomorrow and the days after.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

@casadebamburojo said:
    Damn! I had the 12-24-2020 promo in cart but lost the voucher race when I was about to pay (got the regular price in PayPal)!

There were only 5 and they sold out in 13 minutes. :joy:

One of the orders has not competed checkout though. We'll see if more can be released today. :)

Thanked by (1)jeroen
  • edited December 2020

Already waiting for 12-25-2020 (but still so many hours to go). Where is my 95% discount? :)

Thanked by (2)jeroen yoursunny
  • What is the time the new code takes effect everyday?

• edited December 2020

@skyland said:
    What is the time the new code takes effect everyday?

Should be 00:00 PST

Thanked by (2)jeroen MaxKVM

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @Iroshan464 said:
    75% recurring discount today.

Aaaand it's gone.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • edited December 2020

@Freek said:

@Iroshan464 said:

Aaaand it's gone.

With limited quantity, the coupon code mostly claimed within 10 minutes or so.. You still have a chance tomorrow..

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Freek said:

@Iroshan464 said:

Aaaand it's gone.

With limited quantity, the coupon code mostly claimed within 10 minutes or so.. You still have a chance tomorrow..

I managed to get one :) I had my alarm clock at 8:58AM, on Christmas day!

• What timezone? (I've not been able to apply any coupons and have it actually work with any product I might be interested in ... Except the ADD35 ... :p I guess I'm too old/lazy to retry a lot and set timer to maybe catch a deal.) :#

• @flips said:
    What timezone? (I've not been able to apply any coupons and have it actually work with any product I might be interested in ... Except the ADD35 ... :p I guess I'm too old/lazy to retry a lot and set timer to maybe catch a deal.) :#

I believe 00:00 PST

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

• @flips said:
    What timezone? (I've not been able to apply any coupons and have it actually work with any product I might be interested in ... Except the ADD35 ... :p I guess I'm too old/lazy to retry a lot and set timer to maybe catch a deal.) :#

I don't use an alarm clock unless I'm going to the airport. This improves sleep quality.
    I make my own deal: several of the special MaxKVM coupons are my suggestion, so I'm tagged when it drops.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@flips said:

I don't use an alarm clock unless I'm going to the airport. This improves sleep quality.
    I make my own deal: several of the special MaxKVM coupons are my suggestion, so I'm tagged when it drops.

You are so lucky.

I waited and waited and time and again, and the only package I obtained is that 4G, leading S, instead of P.

When will be the magic code appear and I bump into a new plan, even bigger than the SKVM4g?

MaxKVM's plan is different from lot of other providers', EPYC server chip, and ECC RAM.

• I'll be watching this thread incase any new promo :D

• @aRNoLD said:
    I waited and waited and time and again, and the only package I obtained is that 4G, leading S, instead of P.

I haven't been able to understand what's the fundamental difference between S and P. The ratio between CPU:RAM:disk is the same.

When will be the magic code appear and I bump into a new plan, even bigger than the SKVM4g?

I don't feel the need for bigger machines. I write and optimize all the programs myself, so I usually go for the smallest machine. I'm canceling my 2GB and 4GB machines in favor of 512MB and 1GB. My current minimum is 384MB for KVM, and 256MB for container.

I have high performance software as well, but it uses 100% CPU persistently and needs 100Gbps Ethernet ports (point-to-point VLAN with guaranteed bandwidth, non IP traffic). The network connection alone would cost $3000 per month, so I can only run this in the basement using a direct attach cable.

MaxKVM's plan is different from lot of other providers', EPYC server chip, and ECC RAM.

Yes EPYC is true enterprise hardware designed for data centers. Ryzens, despite all the hype, are desktop hardware.

@yoursunny said: I haven't been able to understand what's the fundamental difference between S and P. The ratio between CPU:RAM:disk is the same.

There was going to be a difference in Processor/RAM/SSD (and there are still plans to split it up) but it was more important to keep performance consistent worldwide so one plan/spec was adopted. Currently looking at RYZEN 3900X/3950X 5900X/5950x with PCIe 4.0 NVMe for the S or P Line to duplicate the 256M-16G lineup in each spec.

Or maybe a storage lineup using the 3900X with a few HDDs and SSD cache?

@yoursunny said:

@aRNoLD said:

Yes EPYC is true enterprise hardware designed for data centers. Ryzens, despite all the hype, are desktop hardware.

Technically, the Ryzens (or Threadripper, which is almost exactly a desktop EPYC) is not much different from the EPYC. The Ryzen still supports ECC RAM but it is limited to 4 sticks totaling "only" 128GB in dual channel. (This is actually a huge limitation for a processor with as many cores as the 3900/3950/5900/5950X). One (or a few) of those 7H12 "unofficial" EPYC processors would be a nice Christmas present. Looking forward to Zen3 EPYCs in Q1 2021.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

CHRISTMAS MORNING FLASH SALE

12-25-2020-V0WS2QLW6N
    12-25-2020-7EF4ZB0QDQ
    12-25-2020-8G13YPYQDY
    12-25-2020-8IUFPNF8X1
    12-25-2020-AO538JHB0Y
    12-25-2020-FY8EFWS83T
    12-25-2020-H4L7W1LW2H
    12-25-2020-MYO38YJF94
    12-25-2020-O08TQB5EBX
    12-25-2020-QLVU27F6Y6

The codes are for random discounts on a random selection of plans and billing cycles. Limited to one use per order/customer.

SG temporarily in stock while there are active promo codes.

Good luck! B)

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • On some it says Promo code does not exist. > @MaxKVM said:

CHRISTMAS MORNING FLASH SALE

12-25-2020-V0WS2QLW6N
    12-25-2020-7EF4ZB0QDQ
    12-25-2020-8G13YPYQDY
    12-25-2020-8IUFPNF8X1
    12-25-2020-AO538JHB0Y
    12-25-2020-FY8EFWS83T
    12-25-2020-H4L7W1LW2H
    12-25-2020-MYO38YJF94
    12-25-2020-O08TQB5EBX
    12-25-2020-QLVU27F6Y6

The codes are for random discounts on a random selection of plans and billing cycles. Limited to one use per order/customer.

SG temporarily in stock while there are active promo codes.

Good luck! B)

• seems the biggest one is 50%

@verd said:
    seems the biggest one is 50%

The 75% were found and purchased almost immediately. There is still a 35% and 50% left. :)

Thanked by (1)verd
  • Nice! (or as @smallweb says... Noice! )

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Very impractical trying to figure these out on mobile ... :s

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @flips said:
    Very impractical trying to figure these out on mobile ... :s

Must on the desktop to quick switch tab

• I've given up on getting any of the (non ADD35) MaxKVM coupons to apply, it's either expired or doesn't apply to product ... And I often only have my cell phone available ... ?‍♂️ B)

• @flips said:
    I've given up on getting any of the (non ADD35) MaxKVM coupons to apply, it's either expired or doesn't apply to product ... And I often only have my cell phone available ... ?‍♂️ B)

Besides their flash deals, SKVM-4G-4CPU is also a great deal tho. currently I'm using it, you can read my review on other green forum :D

and if you are a student or they give you sweet 50% off too

• edited December 2020

@flips said:
    I've given up on getting any of the (non ADD35) MaxKVM coupons to apply, it's either expired or doesn't apply to product ... And I often only have my cell phone available ... ?‍♂️ B)

Try HOSTLOC50. It's a 50% coupon and works on most products.

@DianTama said:
    and if you are a student or they give you sweet 50% off too

You don't have to be a student. You just need an .edu inbox. Teachers, postdocs, and alumni have those in addition to students.

ID.me can do student identity verification, but it'll cost more to the seller/provider.

• @yoursunny said: You don't have to be a student. You just need an .edu inbox. Teachers, postdocs, and alumni have those in addition to students.

oh, I don't know that, it can be abused then :open_mouth: