[MaxKVM] Network Updates with Christmas and New Year Offers (2020)!

Comments

• @MaxKVM Is this bug? Instead of decreasing but increasing

Thanks

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • edited December 2020

@ferri said:
    @MaxKVM Is this bug? Instead of decreasing but increasing

Thanks

I believe MaxKVM Billing using pro-rata, so you will get billed again in February 2021

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @DianTama said:

@flips said:
    I've given up on getting any of the (non ADD35) MaxKVM coupons to apply, it's either expired or doesn't apply to product ... And I often only have my cell phone available ... ?‍♂️ B)

Besides their flash deals, SKVM-4G-4CPU is also a great deal tho. currently I'm using it, you can read my review on other green forum :D

and if you are a student or they give you sweet 50% off too

if adding extra 2core-cpus to cart and make the 4g plan identical to 4g-4cpu flash plan, even with a normal discount, they are of (almost) the same price.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@ferri said:

Thanks

I believe Maxakvm billing using pro-rata, you will get billed again in February 2021

No, please take a look

$29.84 - $14.92 = it should be $14.92

Not $44.76 which is the result from 29.84 + 14.92

Also, you can see the monthly recurring charges also increased

• ... Just like ADD35 adds, instead if subtracts ...

• @DianTama said:

@yoursunny said: You don't have to be a student. You just need an .edu inbox. Teachers, postdocs, and alumni have those in addition to students.

oh, I don't know that, it can be abused then :open_mouth:

The terms for EDU50 never says "student". It says ".edu inbox".
    Thus, it's not an abuse for a non-student to apply EDU50.

My current box is 1GB on LUMPOFCOAL, same price as 512MB on EDU50 that I had 5 months ago, but double RAM.
    However, if I cancel this one then want a box again a few months later, I'll go back to 512MB on EDU50.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @ferri said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ferri said:

Thanks

I believe Maxakvm billing using pro-rata, you will get billed again in February 2021

No, please take a look

This is correct for HOSTLOC50, -50% discount, i.e. increase the price by 50%.

29.84 × (1 - (-0.50)) = 44.76

It always feels great to pay 50% more for a great service.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@ferri said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ferri said:

Thanks

No, please take a look

This is correct for HOSTLOC50, -50% discount, i.e. increase the price by 50%.

29.84 × (1 - (-0.50)) = 44.76

It always feels great to pay 50% more for a great service.

Ah yes, there's a negative sign before, so - + - become ++

• @yoursunny said:

@flips said:
    I've given up on getting any of the (non ADD35) MaxKVM coupons to apply, it's either expired or doesn't apply to product ... And I often only have my cell phone available ... ?‍♂️ B)

Try HOSTLOC50. It's a 50% coupon and works on most products.

@DianTama said:

You don't have to be a student. You just need an .edu inbox. Teachers, postdocs, and alumni have those in addition to students.

ID.me can do student identity verification, but it'll cost more to the seller/provider.

.edu domains are not used or very uncommon in Europe sadly.

• @Freek said:

@yoursunny said:

@flips said:

Try HOSTLOC50. It's a 50% coupon and works on most products.

@DianTama said:

You don't have to be a student. You just need an .edu inbox. Teachers, postdocs, and alumni have those in addition to students.

ID.me can do student identity verification, but it'll cost more to the seller/provider.

.edu domains are not used or very uncommon in Europe sadly.

I've read it somewhere that MaxKVM use this university domain list https://github.com/Hipo/university-domains-list
    So as long your university domain is in that list you will be eligible, or you can contact their support and ask for student verification

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • Hi MaxKVM!

Are there going to be any chance that the SKVM-4G-4CPU promo also expanded to Singapore Datacenter?

Thanks in advance and wishing you guys well on the other side of the screen

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @devsda said:
    Hi MaxKVM!

Are there going to be any chance that the SKVM-4G-4CPU promo also expanded to Singapore Datacenter?

after reading some of the previous comments, order now in any available location then you can move to SG later if it's available.

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM devsda
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@mexyul said:

@devsda said:
    Hi MaxKVM!

after reading some of the previous comments, order now in any available location then you can move to SG later if it's available.

This is the correct answer. There may be some availability on 1/1/21 for a short time, but general availability will be in 2-4 weeks.

It's best to order now if you're interested and then submit a ticket to migrate once you see that Singapore is available once again. The SKVM-256M, SKVM-2G-2CPU and SKVM-4G-4CPU will disappear after 1/1/21. :)

Thanked by (4)verd lighter devsda bdl
  • @MaxKVM said:

general availability will be in 2-4 weeks.

Will these be new nodes?

@MaxKVM said:

The SKVM-256M, SKVM-2G-2CPU and SKVM-4G-4CPU will disappear after 1/1/21.

Is this due to stock issues or are you permanently retiring these plans?

@casadebamburojo said:

@MaxKVM said:

general availability will be in 2-4 weeks.

Will these be new nodes?

@MaxKVM said:

The SKVM-256M, SKVM-2G-2CPU and SKVM-4G-4CPU will disappear after 1/1/21.

Is this due to stock issues or are you permanently retiring these plans?

Yes, there will be new nodes with upgrades to the others.

Those plans are not part of the regular lineup and were limited Saturday offers some months ago before they were released again for this Christmas/New Year Sale. They might be back for a different sale. :)

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo
  • Oh yeah, of course! I didn't realize that you were referring to the special plans you had for sale!

Can we get a sneak peek on the specs of these new nodes?

• @MaxKVM said:

@mexyul said:

@devsda said:
    Hi MaxKVM!

This is the correct answer. There may be some availability on 1/1/21 for a short time, but general availability will be in 2-4 weeks.

It's best to order now if you're interested and then submit a ticket to migrate once you see that Singapore is available once again. The SKVM-256M, SKVM-2G-2CPU and SKVM-4G-4CPU will disappear after 1/1/21. :)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Will patiently wait for the plan to be available in Singapore :+1:

Oh yeah, quick question how can I check if Singapore is available for those packages later on? As the packages will dissapear after 1/1/21?

edited January 2021

Important Announcements for the 1/1/2021 Promotion

• The promotion code for the sale starting at midnight PST is 01-01-2021.
    • There are limited uses on the 01-01-2021 promotion.
    • Singapore will be available to order during the sale.
    • Orders to Singapore will be deployed before 1/31/2021.
    • You can order another location and request for the system to be migrated to Singapore when the location is generally available again.
    • This is the last sale in the Christmas/NYE Promotion.
    • The SKVM-256M, SKVM-2G-2CPU, and SKVM-4G-4CPU will not be available after 1/1/2021.

There might be some additional promotion codes dropped here around 12:15AM PST. B)

Happy New Year's Eve!

• @MaxKVM said:

• You can order another location and request for the system to be migrated to Singapore when the location is generally available again.

Any ETA for this? :)

@casadebamburojo said:

@MaxKVM said:

Any ETA for this? :)

Sometime before 1/31/21... or 14 days if we are being optimistic. B)

We'll see how much better things are in 2021!

• "Promotion code has already been used." - Do people not sleep anymore? WTF!?

Thanked by (2)kuroneko23 MaxKVM
  • @K4Y5 said:
    "Promotion code has already been used." - Do people not sleep anymore? WTF!?

Sleep? Some just woke up and some have gone through half of their day ?

Thanked by (2)K4Y5 MaxKVM

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @K4Y5 said:
    "Promotion code has already been used." - Do people not sleep anymore? WTF!?

Hey, it is afternoon here..

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM Ganonk

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• How much was the discount today?

• @Freek said: How much was the discount today?

Promotional Code: 01-01-2021 - 77.70% Recurring Discount

Aaahhh... the satisfaction of having snagged a VM despite the site being dog slow today at the time.

• @nullnothere What did you get and at what price?

• @casadebamburojo said:
    What did you get and at what price?

SKVM-4G at $32.11 / year (annual renewal)

Hoping to get it provisioned/migrated to SG when it can.

• @nullnothere said:

@Freek said: How much was the discount today?

Promotional Code: 01-01-2021 - 77.70% Recurring Discount

Aaahhh... the satisfaction of having snagged a VM despite the site being dog slow today at the time.

I know right hahaha
    I've been following this MaxKVM sale since their first flash sale on another green forum.

Manage to get 2 Flash Sale and 1 Normal sale,

SKVM-4G-4CPU - from their holiday discount
    PKVM-6G - 65% Off from flash sale
    PKVM-8G - 77% Off from flash sale

Waiting for PKVM-6G & PKVM-8G to be migrated to Singapore and after that, I will cancel my SKVM-4G-4CPU

Thanked by (2)nullnothere Ganonk
  • @DianTama said: I will cancel my SKVM-4G-4CPU

I'd say if allowed, offer/transfer it to folks who have a use case for it. I think those of us who managed to get a (good) VM are very lucky and there are many others who would really be happy to take it off you whenever you're done.

Great way to give back to the community and keep the jewels in the "family".

• @nullnothere said:

@DianTama said: I will cancel my SKVM-4G-4CPU

I'd say if allowed, offer/transfer it to folks who have a use case for it. I think those of us who managed to get a (good) VM are very lucky and there are many others who would really be happy to take it off you whenever you're done.

Great way to give back to the community and keep the jewels in the "family".

But I think 4G-4CPU is not that special since it's still available to order now

Thanked by (1)nullnothere