Introducing NOVOS BRICK cloud storage - 200 GB for just €1 (one-time only)

Comments

• Ok, it seems like end to end didn't get turned on/applied to my account. I'm not seeing it in settings or when I right click folders. I changed my main password as well because when I was doing my instance it seemed that the private key was tied to that, but I just don't see anything on my account for that past the Server side encryption status on the dashboard.

• @martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:
    So it still says in privacy that admin has access to my files but it also says that server side encryption is on. Not sure how to test the other encryption or if that applies when it's saying admin still has access

If you run the nextcloud client, you can go to settings. There you can enable end-to-end encryption.

Then right-click a folder and choose encrypt. Then only you will have the key and admin can't access the folder.

Alternatively, if you're using rclone, you can use the crypt backend. (I believe rclone doesn't support NextCloud E2E.)

• @0alpha said:

@martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:
    So it still says in privacy that admin has access to my files but it also says that server side encryption is on. Not sure how to test the other encryption or if that applies when it's saying admin still has access

If you run the nextcloud client, you can go to settings. There you can enable end-to-end encryption.

Then right-click a folder and choose encrypt. Then only you will have the key and admin can't access the folder.

Alternatively, if you're using rclone, you can use the crypt backend. (I believe rclone doesn't support NextCloud E2E.)

sure, it's just nice to see the files in the UI as well for some things

• @lowendmeow said:
    Ok, it seems like end to end didn't get turned on/applied to my account. I'm not seeing it in settings or when I right click folders. I changed my main password as well because when I was doing my instance it seemed that the private key was tied to that, but I just don't see anything on my account for that past the Server side encryption status on the dashboard.

Are you using the apple, android or windows client? it only works with those.

• @martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:
    Ok, it seems like end to end didn't get turned on/applied to my account. I'm not seeing it in settings or when I right click folders. I changed my main password as well because when I was doing my instance it seemed that the private key was tied to that, but I just don't see anything on my account for that past the Server side encryption status on the dashboard.

I'm just doing the web client, not supported on there? Wasn't aware of that. I can check on android in a second

• @lowendmeow said:

@martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:

I'm just doing the web client, not supported on there? Wasn't aware of that. I can check on android in a second

Correct, it only works with the native clients :)

Makes sense right because it's end-to-end and the website runs on our server, it needs to be your end ;)

• @martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:

@martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:

Correct, it only works with the native clients :)

Makes sense right because it's end-to-end and the website runs on our server, it needs to be your end ;)

for sure! just seems like there should be some in browser encryption technology, I think mega.nz uses that, but as I understand Nextcloud is ramping up with the end to end.

• Well seem that I now have a new addiction. At first it was idling server. Now I’ve added idling encrypted backup to that list. At least the chances of losing family picture are getting lower and lower....

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

This space intentionally left blank

• Well done, greatings BE

• @martijnk said:

@lowendmeow said:

It s working in ios

• @IV__ said:
    Well seem that I now have a new addiction. At first it was idling server. Now I’ve added idling encrypted backup to that list. At least the chances of losing family picture are getting lower and lower....

Isn't the backup storage supposed to be idle? As long as the primary doesn't break, you won't need the backup.

I have 120GB of photos, since our first digital camera in 2002. All photos are in a 2TB USB HDD attached to the home router.
    Before that, I took 20 digital photos from 1998 at a computer summer camp, but the floppy disk containing those photos broke around 2000 and I lost them forever, except 2 photos printed.

NOVOS would be my first off-site backup. With 200GB space, I would have enough for next 5~8 years.
    Now let's see whether the BRICK gets discontinued before that time comes.

Thanked by (1)IV__

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@IV__ said:
    Well seem that I now have a new addiction. At first it was idling server. Now I’ve added idling encrypted backup to that list. At least the chances of losing family picture are getting lower and lower....

Isn't the backup storage supposed to be idle? As long as the primary doesn't break, you won't need the backup.

I have 120GB of photos, since our first digital camera in 2002. All photos are in a 2TB USB HDD attached to the home router.
    Before that, I took 20 digital photos from 1998 at a computer summer camp, but the floppy disk containing those photos broke around 2000 and I lost them forever, except 2 photos printed.

NOVOS would be my first off-site backup. With 200GB space, I would have enough for next 5~8 years.
    Now let's see whether the BRICK gets discontinued before that time comes.

Agree that backup are mostly idling once the initial upload is completed and until you need them...

I had transip services before but since they are shutting down the free offer I've looked for a new home. I also have in house backup on an external drive connected to the router. But that does not protect for fire event, flood or even theft. So online storage is kind of a necessity. And I'm too lazy to manually do an offsite backup on an external drive.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

This space intentionally left blank

• Got one as well, thanks! Hope this works out long term

• Hey @martijnk nice offer! ??

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • Well we've reached 100 users so I added 100 more :)

Also webdav had a 512MB file size limitation that was increased to 32 GB.

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@martijnk

As per the norm in my life, I have tripped MaxMind. :(

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• Excellent offer, thank you :)

• @alento said:
    @martijnk

As per the norm in my life, I have tripped MaxMind. :(

Yeah you're not alone, try now :)

Thanked by (1)alento
  • @ofit said:
    @martijnk activate Collabora Online please

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

• @martijnk said:

@ofit said:

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

still not. You need config right Collabora Online server. When you config right it allow edit documents.

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@martijnk said:

@ofit said:

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

I am certainly doing something wrong ... how do I access Collabra? I cannot find it anywhere. Please note, I am new to NextCloud so maybe I am not looking in the right place, but I have looked everywhere.

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• @martijnk said:

@ofit said:

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

Now work ok.

• @ofit said:

@martijnk said:

@ofit said:

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

still not. You need config right Collabora Online server. When you config right it allow edit documents.

It works for me now:

• @alento said:

@martijnk said:

@ofit said:

Hi Ofit,

This is now active!

I am certainly doing something wrong ... how do I access Collabra? I cannot find it anywhere. Please note, I am new to NextCloud so maybe I am not looking in the right place, but I have looked everywhere.

Just create a new document or spreadsheet in a folder, then when you click it it will open.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • guys how about talk plugin? do you use it?

• @ofit said:
    guys how about talk plugin? do you use it?

I had it disabled because it was leaking email of other users. Should be fixed now though.

• Got one to play with.
    Great deal. Thanks!

• edited January 2021

Got this once http://prntscr.com/xszxbt . Probably need some database optimization?

Another thing. Deleted file not going to trash.

• @Hakim said:
    Got this once http://prntscr.com/xszxbt . Probably need some database optimization?

Another thing. Deleted file not going to trash.

Yeah correct, I've seen that a couple of times. I'm still tweaking the values.

I think the latter has to do with the first.

Thanked by (1)Hakim