Introducing NOVOS BRICK cloud storage - 200 GB for just €1 (one-time only)

Comments

• @martijnk is like this today

• @martijnk said: I think I already unflagged you right?

Yup, thanks

• Can we have ability to change user name to something short I don't want to use my email every time it is too long . Thanks

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @martijnk said:

@youandri said:
    Cool, can you activate encryption?
    "Your files are not protected by encryption."

Can you try this now? It's only active for new uploads.

Okay, now activated.
    "Your files are encrypted with server-side-encryption"

Thank you.

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @codelock said:
    Can we have ability to change user name to something short I don't want to use my email every time it is too long . Thanks

In settings, you can change name and email but I'm unsure if it changes your login user/email. Try doing that?

• @vyas said:

Error while uploading multiple files (mostly images ~ 300 KB). Got logged out on refresh

Edit:
    Impressed by the speed of the technical inputs from "beta testers". Now that's some real good stuff.

Can you try this again? This is prob caused by the antivirus/anti ransomware plugin (disabled now since encryption is turned on anyway).

• @codelock said:
    Can we have ability to change user name to something short I don't want to use my email every time it is too long . Thanks

From the documentation:

Changing the login name is not possible. The only solution – until this feature is implemented – is to create a new user and transfer all files and shares from the old user to the new user via command-line

• @ehab said:
    @martijnk is like this today

Haha yes pretty much!

• @martijnk said:

@codelock said:

From the documentation:

Changing the login name is not possible. The only solution – until this feature is implemented – is to create a new user and transfer all files and shares from the old user to the new user via command-line

So yeah should I open a ticket to get my user name changed just create a new account and delete this account I don't have any data yet

• @Solaire said:
    @martijnk Don't forget to disable auto completion in the share function. Currently the share service is still leaking user data:

Should be done! I hope this was the last one :open_mouth:

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • @codelock said:

@martijnk said:

@codelock said:

From the documentation:

So yeah should I open a ticket to get my user name changed just create a new account and delete this account I don't have any data yet

Yeah please open a ticket I can easily terminate it and recreate it with the user you want.

• @martijnk said:

@codelock said:

@martijnk said:

@codelock said:

From the documentation:

Yeah please open a ticket I can easily terminate it and recreate it with the user you want.

Ticket Created #102403
    Thanks

Also @Ympker you don't want to miss on this life time deal.
    Wonder why none tagged him yet?

Thanked by (1)ehab

• So admin can access all user data?

"Who has access to your data?
    Administrators"

• edited January 2021

So internal sharing has got disabled due to resolution of address book issue but wouldn't this be required in commercial environment when say somebody buys 5 users pack etc....
    Sharing by adding complete email address works

• @kuduku said: but wouldn't this be required in commercial environment when say somebody buys 5 users pack etc....

Using groups would do the trick in that case :)

• Ok I need a break, I didn't realize ppl would buy this like mad lol. I'll bbl ;)

In the meantime any issues plz open a ticket or post here. Cheers :)

• @codelock said:

Also @Ympker you don't want to miss on this life time deal.
    Wonder why none tagged him yet?

I recall he is travelling. Cycling or something

• next project for you @martijnk is S3

• @youandri said:
    So admin can access all user data?

"Who has access to your data?
    Administrators"

Well normally it should be encrypted now but you are free to use your own encryption as well before uploading it.

Thanked by (1)youandri
  • @martijnk said:
    Ok I need a break, I didn't realize ppl would buy this like mad lol. I'll bbl ;)

In the meantime any issues plz open a ticket or post here. Cheers :)

Thanks, have a good rest. :)

• Bought 1. Too irresistible at the price. Thanks

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@martijnk said: Ok I need a break, I didn't realize ppl would buy this like mad lol.

oopsie! lol, a good problem to have I suppose.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Thanks, ordered one.

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@martijnk said: Ok I need a break, I didn't realize ppl would buy this like mad lol.

oopsie! lol, a good problem to have I suppose.

Well I already made enough for a couple of pizzas so tonight is pizza night here :)

• @AnthonySmith did you order already?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@ehab said:
    @AnthonySmith did you order already?

I don't have any use for it personally but its a great deal when it is working well, I applaud the beta testers, I just hope people understand they bought a beta product :)

Thanked by (1)ehab

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Ordered one for fun @martijnk
    Can you check if the Stripe card payment is working? Tried multiple times, ended up paying via Paypal.

• Ordered. Unbelievable price. I hope this lasts for more than 1 year.
    Even Romania sisters would charge $25/year for 200GB.

ping latency from my location (Verizon FiOS, Washington DC region) is 86ms.
    As a comparison, my personal Nextcloud (Seattle) has a ping latency of 94ms.
    It's faster to go across Atlantic than across continental United States.

With this 200GB account, I can have an off-site backup of my old photos, in addition to the primary copy on the USB HDD attached to home router and the offline backup in another USB HDD.

Upload speeds aren't great at the moment.
    The spinning rust on my home router can support 5 MiB/s, but upload speed is about 0.5 MiB/s.
    I'll wait a few days before trying to upload more.

$ du -h -d0 /mnt/N/photo/2003
    839M    /mnt/N/photo/2003

$ time cp -R /mnt/N/photo/2003 /mnt/BRICK/photo/
    real  24m0.386s
    user  0m0.102s
    sys   0m10.016s

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @AnthonySmith, well you can always try to introduce an S3 "minio" plan :D

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @kwaralala said:
    Ordered one for fun @martijnk
    Can you check if the Stripe card payment is working? Tried multiple times, ended up paying via Paypal.

Lot of ppl payed with Stripe yes, did you fill in all the card info? If you don't it will just sit there and wait when your press submit.