WHMCS pricing increase - we all said it would come

13

Comments

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @lentro said:
    If you look at the value generation though, even at the highest tier, the new WHMCS is only like $1k/month. Hiring a dev costs many multiples of that, so I guess this highlights the value generation created by WHMCS. Even for something like Blesta, they are charging like $15/month for something that generates like $10k/month of value for large companies which if you think about it, is a really amazing deal. A piece of software that took countless man hours to develop available for just $15/month... And even cheaper bulk.

    Tbh, I think if I was WHMCS, I'd do the same but also lower prices to lower the barrier of entry (e.g. $0.02/customer, starting at $1/month) to base it on value, as more customers mean more value generated.

    I think a lower entry like DA's "mini" plan would definitely be a good idea for WHMCS. Happy I grabbed Blesta Owned Lifetime license a while back, though :)

  • LeeLee OG
    edited April 2021

    @Ympker said: I think a lower entry like DA's "mini" plan would definitely be a good idea for WHMCS. Happy I grabbed Blesta Owned Lifetime license a while back, though

    Honestly, I think if you were able to see where their pinch points are in terms of support burden, it will be at this level. AKA too much time being spent on customers paying so little and likely no prospect of increasing profit from that segment.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    Can only speak out of my own experience, with the new price levels at my current level, it will cost somewhere between 40-50cents/customer/year.

    On a 4/year service, that is a big chunk.

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @Lee said:

    @Ympker said: I think a lower entry like DA's "mini" plan would definitely be a good idea for WHMCS. Happy I grabbed Blesta Owned Lifetime license a while back, though

    Honestly, I think if you were able to see where their pinch points are in terms of support burden, it will be at this level. AKA too much time being spent on customers paying so little and likely no prospect of increasing profit from that segment.

    Fair enough. Some way of catering to sma businesses would still be nice then. Then again, for me, Blesta is technically all I need.

  • deankdeank OG
    edited April 2021

    Catering to small businesses is selective.

    For the low end hosting market though, I don't really care what happen to them. Whatever they get, I will say they deserve it. They are the whinest and loudest bunch.

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • @Ympker said: Fair enough. Some way of catering to sma businesses would still be nice then. Then again, for me, Blesta is technically all I need.

    Another price increase incoming from HostMantis :)

    Thanked by (2)Ympker seriesn
  • @Lee said:

    @Ympker said: Fair enough. Some way of catering to sma businesses would still be nice then. Then again, for me, Blesta is technically all I need.

    Another price increase incoming from HostMantis :)

    Wouldn’t surprise me.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • LeeLee OG
    edited April 2021

    @debaser said: Wouldn’t surprise me.

    I am expecting it, with at least 40 active servers last time I checked, I am fairly sure they will be at least in the $175 tier. They may even be in the $299 tier. They will either increase prices or change the panel.

    But they are in the hosting provider bracket I would consider reliant on WHMCS.

    Don't get me wrong, great service and what I pay is insignificant even if they do increase but I am getting really tight with money the more time I spend around you folks :)

    Going to be interesting to see how this develops, that is, who stays and who moves.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee ModeratorOGServices Provider

    I noticed they bumped I/O limits recently. Seems to happen whenever they change prices. (HM)

  • Something else people need to watch out for is all those vendors giving out "free" blesta licenses that have to be run on their VPS/hosting. Nothing prevents them to start charging for those down the road after many of the low volume resellers migrate to blesta. It will be interesting to see which vendor pulls this trick first

  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

    @DataGizmos said:
    Something else people need to watch out for is all those vendors giving out "free" blesta licenses that have to be run on their VPS/hosting. Nothing prevents them to start charging for those down the road after many of the low volume resellers migrate to blesta. It will be interesting to see which vendor pulls this trick first

    People need to plan long term.

    As a reminder BuyVm is one of the best bang for buck providers out there given performance, features, and the plethora of free licenses.

    Just working on one last freebie that should really ice things :)

    Francisco

    Thanked by (1)dosai
  • @Francisco said: People need to plan long term.

    You can take that attitude somewhere else.

    Thanked by (1)skorupion
  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @Lee said:

    @Francisco said: People need to plan long term.

    You can take that attitude somewhere else.

    I can’t even plan my tomorrow.

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @Lee said:

    @Francisco said: People need to plan long term.

    You can take that attitude somewhere else.

    I can’t even plan my tomorrow.

  • hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

    @DataGizmos said:
    Something else people need to watch out for is all those vendors giving out "free" blesta licenses that have to be run on their VPS/hosting. Nothing prevents them to start charging for those down the road after many of the low volume resellers migrate to blesta. It will be interesting to see which vendor pulls this trick first

    Unless Blesta changes their arrangement with providers I doubt if any responsible provider would do that

    hostEONS.com - Premium Ryzen VPS, Budget SSD KVM and OpenVZ7 VPS in LA, NY, Jacksonville - Florida, Las Vegas, Dalla, Direct Admin LiteSpeed SSD Web Hosting, etc.. Free Blesta License, Direct Admin License, Windows 2019 License and more

  • sweatbarsweatbar Hosting Provider

    Blesta should integrate that quotation addon for free to attract more users and billingserv will rock the thing

    PeekaBoo at https://handyhost.net
    (Not affiliated with the Russian Handyhost Website in any way.)

  • @Francisco said:

    @DataGizmos said:
    Something else people need to watch out for is all those vendors giving out "free" blesta licenses that have to be run on their VPS/hosting. Nothing prevents them to start charging for those down the road after many of the low volume resellers migrate to blesta. It will be interesting to see which vendor pulls this trick first

    People need to plan long term.

    As a reminder BuyVm is one of the best bang for buck providers out there given performance, features, and the plethora of free licenses.

    Just working on one last freebie that should really ice things :)

    Francisco

    Directadmin, auto installer, billing system... Let me guess, jetbackup? :p

    Action and Reaction in history

  • There is buyvm in this thread also B)

    @mikho said:
    Can only speak out of my own experience, with the new price levels at my current level, it will cost somewhere between 40-50cents/customer/year.

    On a 4/year service, that is a big chunk.

    What about other expenses for each customer, cPanel and then this, not to forget actual cost of each customer. What about hosts on thin margins ?
    cpanel+CloudLinux+mailchannel+jetbackup+ what not + WHMCS

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @Saahib said:
    There is buyvm in this thread also B)

    @mikho said:
    Can only speak out of my own experience, with the new price levels at my current level, it will cost somewhere between 40-50cents/customer/year.

    On a 4/year service, that is a big chunk.

    What about other expenses for each customer, cPanel and then this, not to forget actual cost of each customer. What about hosts on thin margins ?
    cpanel+CloudLinux+mailchannel+jetbackup+ what not + WHMCS

    Again, speaking from my own experience.
    I could eat the upgrade and still survive.
    The only difference is that this isn’t the income that pay my bills.

    If mrvm would be my only income, there would have been changes a long time ago.

  • AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited April 2021

    I bet WHMCS pricing will further increase sooner or later (just like cPanel). Might move to Blesta some time soon as it's much cheaper and not owned by Oakley Capital. I wonder when Plesk will be switching to a per user model/per domain model, though Plesk isn't really used by many hosts.

  • @mikho said:

    If mrvm would be my only income, there would have been changes a long time ago.

    What would have been those changes ?

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    @Saahib said:

    @mikho said:

    If mrvm would be my only income, there would have been changes a long time ago.

    What would have been those changes ?

    Higher prices.

  • I'm thinking of moving to Hostbill. Any experiences? Is it easy to migrate from WHMCS?

  • hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

    @martijnk said:
    I'm thinking of moving to Hostbill. Any experiences? Is it easy to migrate from WHMCS?

    It is best to do a test migration, get a dev license from WHMCS (it's free) as during migration you end up with so many unexpected issues which are different for all providers/users, you won't know what hurdles you will face until you do it yourself

    hostEONS.com - Premium Ryzen VPS, Budget SSD KVM and OpenVZ7 VPS in LA, NY, Jacksonville - Florida, Las Vegas, Dalla, Direct Admin LiteSpeed SSD Web Hosting, etc.. Free Blesta License, Direct Admin License, Windows 2019 License and more

  • @hostEONS said:

    @martijnk said:
    I'm thinking of moving to Hostbill. Any experiences? Is it easy to migrate from WHMCS?

    It is best to do a test migration, get a dev license from WHMCS (it's free) as during migration you end up with so many unexpected issues which are different for all providers/users, you won't know what hurdles you will face until you do it yourself

    Well I'm using a lot of modulesgarden plugins plus some payment modules with annual payment which are all included in hostbill.

    So I just bought hostbill and will do a test migration :)

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

    @martijnk said:

    @hostEONS said:

    @martijnk said:
    I'm thinking of moving to Hostbill. Any experiences? Is it easy to migrate from WHMCS?

    It is best to do a test migration, get a dev license from WHMCS (it's free) as during migration you end up with so many unexpected issues which are different for all providers/users, you won't know what hurdles you will face until you do it yourself

    Well I'm using a lot of modulesgarden plugins plus some payment modules with annual payment which are all included in hostbill.

    So I just bought hostbill and will do a test migration :)

    Best of luck, let us know how it goes

    hostEONS.com - Premium Ryzen VPS, Budget SSD KVM and OpenVZ7 VPS in LA, NY, Jacksonville - Florida, Las Vegas, Dalla, Direct Admin LiteSpeed SSD Web Hosting, etc.. Free Blesta License, Direct Admin License, Windows 2019 License and more

  • @Lee said:

    @debaser said: Wouldn’t surprise me.

    I am expecting it, with at least 40 active servers last time I checked, I am fairly sure they will be at least in the $175 tier. They may even be in the $299 tier. They will either increase prices or change the panel.

    But they are in the hosting provider bracket I would consider reliant on WHMCS.

    Don't get me wrong, great service and what I pay is insignificant even if they do increase but I am getting really tight with money the more time I spend around you folks :)

    Going to be interesting to see how this develops, that is, who stays and who moves.

    While we are certainly not happy with the increase of cost of WHMCS, that increased cost it is not something we will be passing onto our clients.

  • @HostMantis said: While we are certainly not happy with the increase of cost of WHMCS, that increased cost it is not something we will be passing onto our clients.

    Good to hear and thanks for confirming. Like I say, good service so wouldn't have made me move.

    Thanked by (1)HostMantis
  • hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

    @martijnk said:

    @hostEONS said:

    @martijnk said:
    I'm thinking of moving to Hostbill. Any experiences? Is it easy to migrate from WHMCS?

    It is best to do a test migration, get a dev license from WHMCS (it's free) as during migration you end up with so many unexpected issues which are different for all providers/users, you won't know what hurdles you will face until you do it yourself

    Well I'm using a lot of modulesgarden plugins plus some payment modules with annual payment which are all included in hostbill.

    So I just bought hostbill and will do a test migration :)

    Just checked hostbill and it really looks awesome, far more superior then WHMCS, in fact it has all the modules for which most of the providers have been paying to third parties like module garden etc...

    Can't really wait to switch to hostbill, but we are in the middle of upgrading all our VPS nodes, hence this will need to wait for a while, but for sure we will be migrating to hostbill

    hostEONS.com - Premium Ryzen VPS, Budget SSD KVM and OpenVZ7 VPS in LA, NY, Jacksonville - Florida, Las Vegas, Dalla, Direct Admin LiteSpeed SSD Web Hosting, etc.. Free Blesta License, Direct Admin License, Windows 2019 License and more

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    @Lee said:

    @HostMantis said: While we are certainly not happy with the increase of cost of WHMCS, that increased cost it is not something we will be passing onto our clients.

    Good to hear and thanks for confirming. Like I say, good service so wouldn't have made me move.

    Not sure what your renewal rate(s) are Lee,

    Here is what I saw when I logged in today: Singapore Advanced Shared Plan

    First Payment Amount $19.99 USD

    Recurring Amount : $262.46 USD

    Billing Cycle: Triennially

    Next Due Date: 06/06/2022

    Not sure what justifies a 12X 13.1 X price increase. (Precision needed, since dealing with a banker here)

    WHMCS and cPanel and let me also guess COVID and Global Warming and everything else altogether.... cannot fathom this quantum of increase. Except, they don't wane me as a customer, and I am okay with that. :-)

    Thanked by (1)Ympker

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

Sign In or Register to comment.