WHMCS pricing increase - we all said it would come

124»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2021

@vyas said:

@Lee said:

@HostMantis said: While we are certainly not happy with the increase of cost of WHMCS, that increased cost it is not something we will be passing onto our clients.

Good to hear and thanks for confirming. Like I say, good service so wouldn't have made me move.

Not sure what your renewal rate(s) are Lee,

Here is what I saw when I logged in today: Singapore Advanced Shared Plan

First Payment Amount $19.99 USD

Recurring Amount : $262.46 USD

Billing Cycle: Triennially

Next Due Date: 06/06/2022

Not sure what justifies a 12X 13.1 X price increase. (Precision needed, since dealing with a banker here)

WHMCS and cPanel and let me also guess COVID and Global Warming and everything else altogether.... cannot fathom this quantum of increase. Except, they don't wane me as a customer, and I am okay with that. :-)

Renewal prices can be quite the surprisesurprise at HM😅 For now, I am okay with my renewal rate (reseller basic) but let's see for how long.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @vyas said: Not sure what justifies a 12X 13.1 X price increase. (Precision needed, since dealing with a banker here)

I am guessing here that you may have been on the older plan that was auto bumped to the next more expensive one after they dropped the one you were on. So not only higher renewal but higher tier.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • The end is nigh for CHIMPS

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Lee said:

@vyas said: Not sure what justifies a 12X 13.1 X price increase. (Precision needed, since dealing with a banker here)

I am guessing here that you may have been on the older plan that was auto bumped to the next more expensive one after they dropped the one you were on. So not only higher renewal but higher tier.

I was on the smallest reseller plan. That one went from 20 to 200 $ renewal (triennially, so it's still a competitive price compared with other providers of decent quality).

The mid-tier plan did get bumped to a higher-end plan - with renewal price going from about 50 to 150, then to 600 after this year's price hike. Also triennially.

A good example is MXroute, who sold some lifetime deals and they are sticking with those - probably because they were cautious enough to not make that the lifetime sales their main source of income.

HostMantis probably did too many crazy sales, with "lifetime, recurring discounts." They were faced with: deadpool, or go back on their deal and increase prices. I don't like either, but the latter is probably a better option.

I knew the sign-up price was too good to last. I was expecting the quality to go down. And I was wrong. HM business policy is still fluctuating, it's a bit funny. But the hosting quality has remained solid over the past two years (since the signup). If it stays like that, I'll pay the new prices and stay. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews