[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Thanked by (2)bdl skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @vgood said:
    First impressions are very influential for customers. I used to finally order several VPS on @VirMach because the service was fast and there were rarely any problems. It's natural that new subscribers are angry because there are actually a lot of problems. This Ryzen VPS is still having a lot of problems, including I've been wanting to use it for more than 2 months. it's different with previous VPS (not ryzen) there are almost no annoying issues. should have realized that ryzen services still have many problems, virmach first turns off the service for new users (it's really simple) just set it out of stock like other service providers do. it's normal and perfect, just setting up readyy stock. I preordered this ryzen for a long time waiting until it was activated, after being active, many specs did not match and the problem always continued. refunds? there are also many incidents that can't be done, even if you can refund the response is slow and unclear. Remember, no matter how cheap the price is, if it is professional, it will prioritize satisfied customers, not just lots of orders.

@FrankZ said:
    For those of you who are upset about the issues that you are facing with your VirMach Special. I do understand that you are frustrated and your expectations have not been met. All I say is that complaining about it here will not make it any better. VirMach is not a place where the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Explain your problem with enough details in a reasonable way and it will get resolved eventually. I say eventually, because these are not normal times for VirMach and resolutions of big issues are going to happen before individual requests. Complain and start name calling and you will probably be dropped to the bottom of the to do list. It's your choice how you want to deal with it. I do not work for VirMach, but have been a customer for seven years and have many services with VirMach. I am facing some of the same issues you are but I do not complain because VirMach has been a great value for me and just keeps getting better as the years go by so I am grateful not upset. I also know that Virmach is working many, many hours trying to resolve all the issues and even if I do not see the results today I have confidence that it will be resolved as soon as is possible, which is all I can ask.
    Have a good day and now you can feel free to flame me.

It is very good to tell the truth, I don't understand why these people in the forum never ask Virmach, but to find out the problem of the customer. The customer should enjoy the normal service after paying the money. My VPS has been out of use for 5 consecutive days, and Virmach doesn't process or reply to tickets, which makes people feel very bad.

• @xiaosan628 said: My VPS has been out of use for 5 consecutive days.

Aww, poor soul. Boo hoo. :'( :'( :'(

Thanked by (1)bdl

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• try to look at lowendtalk.com more comments on complaints and problems there around the 3 discussion posts made by Virmach are all filled with comments wkwkwkw...

@xiaosan628 said:

It is very good to tell the truth, I don't understand why these people in the forum never ask Virmach, but to find out the problem of the customer. The customer should enjoy the normal service after paying the money. My VPS has been out of use for 5 consecutive days, and Virmach doesn't process or reply to tickets, which makes people feel very bad.

• My vps is down for 3 days. TYOC 033.
    Ticket #372766 haven't been proceeded yet.
    Pls proceed it ASAP.

• @xiaosan628 said:

A refund ticket should solve your pain.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint yoursunny
  • I have 12 ryzen VPS on ~7 or 8 locations, sure at start there where few issues, just logged in and all are working for past 2-4 weeks uptime.......
    yeah some nodes are broken, but many work!
    yes tokyo and maybe some more location might have some issue with network speed but still they work and rest have no that issue

• edited May 2022

Hello, node NYCB015 is "offline" since 1 week ^^. Opened a ticket with all details + troubleshooter system details, in case trying if i can have more luck here (can't wait to group this VPS to a Kubernetes project i'm on ^^) :).

@FrankZ said: VirMach has been a great value

Exactly why i try to not be rude on VirMach, just because the price is fucking competitive and this is the risk i accept to take when i buy special offer. I also have several servers since few years now with them, they were all rock solid, just my new order is buggy which could happen.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ someTom

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.

• @AlwaysSkint said: There appears to be a lack of a netboot option

What you mean? You can mount "Iso" in "My Services" on VirMach website (WHMCS), but there is no "cdrom" mount option in VPS Panel (SolusVM). I have some VPS i can't mount netboot.xyz, like the boot list is only providing 5 images but i was able to start netboot.xyz using the VNC console and some IPXE command.

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.

• edited May 2022

@o_be_one said: What you mean?

So obvious that I can't be assed explaining. :| Not in pulldown, as with other Virmach instances.

@o_be_one said: using the VNC console and some IPXE command.

Aye, back to Google it is - I don't keep everything in my puny brain.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Hi, team!
    I'm one of those, who didn't copy the order id, since I'm used to keep any sensitive info by email service, and, obviously, I didn't pay too much attention to the first message.
    So, unfortunately for me, I have only invoice #1433277 here :(
    Looking forward to do not doing a refund request, I'd rather use the service
    Great thanks in advance.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Cross posting this update of VirMach's from the OGF

@VirMach said:
    *Update** - I haven't read through any responses for a while but I'm just going to use this to provide some information on where I do have some updates available.

TYOC030 - The changes we made were clearly not successful here. The IPMI was functional but system wouldn't power on. CMOS was reset, CPU re-seated, RAM tested/checked one at a time, and so far this has only resulted in it not turning on at all now. We're going to use TYOC028 which is functional and move all the disks to this server physically and hope we can get everyone back online ASAP.

San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers, clearing up abuse.

Tokyo storage - It's been here for a few days, and I have it set up for the most part. It's with 1Gbps only right now and not 10Gbps. I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage, especially if there's going to be people upset about networking not being 10Gbps yet. I might go through and contact people one by one and let them decide individually.

Los Angeles storage - Its been here for a while, the OS needs to be re-installed. Everything else looks good to go and 10Gbps should be ready from the start.

Los Angeles Ryzen - Servers have been here for over a week, they need an extra disk placed in them for the OS which are already there as well, just need to schedule it with DC hands for tonight most likely. This location will have the highest capacity available, at around 120TB, so we should be able to proceed with more migrations soon.

Amsterdam Ryzen - This had a lot of XPG drives. I didn't use them and we've sent in replacement NVMe SSDs for all the servers here, they'll be added as soon as possible and we should have more space to proceed with migrations.

Miami - Shipped off a few servers.

Frankfurt - Shipped off a few servers.

Ticket queue - even with us keeping up with them there was a huge spike in ticket creations between all the issues with Tokyo, San Jose, and lots of inquiries regarding migrations. On top of the usual additional hundreds per day we got around another 1,000 tickets created in the past 2-3 days so it will take some time to get to all of them.

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

Thanked by (1)bdl

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Loving the VPS so far. Any plans for more Tokyo?

• @FrankZ said:

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

Does anyone feel this last part as concerning?

• @localhost said: Does anyone feel this last part as concerning?

Flying to Tokyo to fix shit in person /s

Thanked by (2)localhost someTom

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @localhost said:

@FrankZ said:

Does anyone feel this last part as concerning?

That he doesn't want to hang around LET? No. I would call it coming to your senses.

• Hi @VirMach, please activate my VM

My order ID: 667443
    My order date: 15/05/2022

Thank you in advance !

• Hi @VirMach, please activate my VM

My order ID: 3184167993

• Do you allow torrenting?

• edited May 2022

Via the other forum

@VirMach said:
    Overhauls - this is a series of cleanups I'm doing for all Ryzen nodes. Since all servers were set up in clusters not everything was set up exactly the same, and this is trying to return everything to uniformity and going through and ensuring everything is exactly set up how it's supposed to be and cleaning up/fixing what hasn't already been set up perfectly. I'll start doing this per location and providing updates here.

Tokyo overhaul - This has been completed for TYOC040, TYOC039, TYOC038, TYOC037, TYOC036, TYOC035, TYOC034, TYOC033, TYOC029. Excluded: TYOC030 (reason: down) as well as any others (not set up yet.)

What was checked/fixed for all, if not already done:

• All packages updated.
    • Mailing fixed where applicable for alerts.
    • Ensure anti-bruteforce scripts are functional.
    • Cleaning up networking.
    • Enabled/fixed IP stealing protection and patched unexpected network issues it was causing (incomplete, for now, but some progress.)
    • Ensured web noVNC is functional.
    • All Ryzen-compatible templates re-synced.
    • All ISO files re-synced (excluding Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 ISO and custom ISO)
    • All XPG drive servers labeled, see below for more details.
    • Ensured all SWAP files are set up and functioning properly & configured.

Still left to do:

• Make network settings persistent on reboot.
    • Fix ebtables
    • Any existing abuse handled/cleaned up.

Servers with XPG drives verified:

• TYOC040 (2)
    • TYOC037 (1)
    • TYOC034 (1)

The people affected on these servers will be moved to a new node with other more stable drives and then we'll schedule a maintenance to have these swapped out, although these XPG drives seem to be the few left that are still stable so we don't suspect any immediate issues. They're not spitting out any errors and are healthy.

fan said: Well, TYOC29 is gone now.

cybertech said: TYOC040 down too.

Hishiro said: Tokyo is down.

riofredinand said: Node 39 Tokyo is dead

Tokyo wasn't down, it was for some time extremely high packet loss due to my attempt to get ebtables working. It's still having issues with that and I'm working with SolusVM to try to get it functional. For the time being though it was disabled again but it brought itself back a couple times throughout the last few days. TYOC038 is having a particularly bad time with this, I have no idea what's going on in the background with SolusVM but it doesn't seem to be listening to me when I change the settings.

I've been writing out this comment for a couple days so I apologize for not being more specific about all the timings.

A brief message from my cat, written on Monday:
    m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, m, tttttttttttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbb122222222222224333333333eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tokyo Update - All Ryzen (non-storage) have been created and due dates adjusted.

Tokyo Storage Update - Going to try to provision these today or tomorrow, or next week, or next year. Last two estimates are mostly a joke but also my way of saying the first two aren't a guarantee.

Other Updates - Later.

• edited May 2022

Thanks, my Tokyo server has been activated!

• Please help to activate my order. My order number is 2786232250, Thanks.

• San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers

Understatement.

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=117 time=1009 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=117 time=2464 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=117 time=3276 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=5 ttl=117 time=3957 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=6 ttl=117 time=4060 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=7 ttl=117 time=3926 ms

From SJCZ005

• @cornercase said:

San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers

Understatement.

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=117 time=1009 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=117 time=2464 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=117 time=3276 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=5 ttl=117 time=3957 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=6 ttl=117 time=4060 ms
    64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=7 ttl=117 time=3926 ms

From SJCZ005

Pinging from
    Luna

@yoursunny DC??

• @ermyas said:
    Do you allow torrenting?

Right up until they ban you for breaking the AUP.

Thanked by (2)bdl FrankZ
  • Hey VirMach, kindly activate my order
    Your Order Number is: 5323219513
    Cheers

• Yeah SJC2005 having trouble from here too. Older SJKVM2 is doing fine.

• edited May 2022

my server is offline on AMSD029 and still won't boot from the time of activation before 10 days.
    never had such problems at virmach. i opened a technical ticket, because i'm not sure if it is my server or the whole node or if it
    even handled. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

• JabJab
    edited May 2022

@Moti said: my server is offline on AMSD029 and still won't boot from the time of activation before 10 days. never had such problems at virmach. i opened a technical ticket, because i'm not sure if it is my server or the whole node or if it even handled. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Have you installed OS?
    What does VNC / Desktop shows?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Invoice #1435587 payed. 40$/2 yr Ryzen Special 1536 - FrivolousWelltodo-VM in Amsterdam. But there was no order number shown. Well, will see, if i'll still get my purchase.

This discussion has been closed.