microLXC Public Test

Comments

• 4319-3f30-44a4-3e31

• @vyas said:

@Neoon said:

** Follow the instructions,*

You expect folks to read the instructions? I mean.. READ??

If you expect folks to read the instructions, you have first to write/show them! There is nothing - in the same page - after the

Please reply on this topic on Lowendspirit, with the following token: xxxx

Nothing that would say to wait at least! Not exactly sure what I did last time, but right now it has been 17 minutes of

Verifying account

I don't want to complain too much for a free service/offer, but maybe a little check on your side before mean comments would be graceful!

• @Neoon And after 30 minutes, it went back by itself to the registration step, without any message!

• @TigersWay said:
    @Neoon And after 30 minutes, it went back by itself to the registration step, without any message!

Yes 30 minutes is the window when the verification session will be terminated.
    According to the Logbook, you got stuck in-between Verification and Account Creation.

I did applied a Patch again, currently I have no automated testing for the Forum verification process, otherwise I would have catched these issues.

• Due to ongoing Packet loss and Latency issues, Deployment/Reinstall may be impacted and get stuck.
    Working on it.

• @TigersWay said:
    @Neoon And after 30 minutes, it went back by itself to the registration step, without any message!

copy and save your link register, reload on next day.

• @Ganonk said:

@TigersWay said:

copy and save your link register, reload on next day.

Thanked by (2)bdl Ganonk
  • e8b7-0778-971f-4e2e

• @Neoon It's now working, your patch did it! I'm going to enjoy it right now...
    Thank you!

Thanked by (1)Neoon
  • The Network issues should now be fixed.
    Technically in the future, things will be changed to make it more reliable in such cases.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • Are the LET signups still off limits? Actually, maybe I just misunderstood the message about "accounts created after 14th" - I interpreted that as microlxc accounts, but maybe you actually meant LET accounts, but I assumed not as they'd not be eligible in any case. Anyway, I was just asking as the option for LET is still available in the "Origin" dropdown on the website.

If LET signups aren't allowed, it's no biggie, I'll just wait until my account is old enough here.

• @ralf said:
    Are the LET signups still off limits? Actually, maybe I just misunderstood the message about "accounts created after 14th" - I interpreted that as microlxc accounts, but maybe you actually meant LET accounts, but I assumed not as they'd not be eligible in any case. Anyway, I was just asking as the option for LET is still available in the "Origin" dropdown on the website.

If LET signups aren't allowed, it's no biggie, I'll just wait until my account is old enough here.

No, there was just a cap for new LET accounts, due to the new LET policies.
    Which I removed a few days ago.

Thanked by (1)ralf
  • @Neoon said:
    No, there was just a cap for new LET accounts, due to the new LET policies.
    Which I removed a few days ago.

Thanks! Just signed up and I'll be using it for keeping an eye on my other services (deliberately chose furthest away from me so I get the worst case scenario). Also interested to try out an LXC-based system as I've only used KVM until now.

Got to say, as well as the idea being very cool and generous, I really like the whole onboarding process and management panel. The website styling is really nice and it does a very great job of being approachable while still being able to access every option you could possibly need.

Thanked by (1)Neoon
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2022

The Network issues does not seem to be fully solved, as precaution I am going to move the Backend to another machine over the weekend, it will announced on the website.

Expected Downtime 1-2 hours, the Website will be up however the API/Backend will be unavailable during this time.
    HAProxy and the Containers/Virtual Machines will be not impacted by this.

Also Hong Kong is delayed, awaiting IPv6 allocation.

Thanked by (4)bdl kheng86 Brueggus Ganonk
  • Regarding KVM Availability

Norway and Groningen already run KVM
    Hong Kong once IPv6 is allocated, will run KVM

Chile, Auckland, Johannesburg would be next on the list.

However, the current Kernel on these Systems causes issues with nested virt, so we have to upgrade them.

On Wednesday, 01.06 I will do these System Upgrades.
    Starting from around 21:00 CET, expected downtime per Node should be around 5-10 minutes.

• Melbourne
      waiting for a Tiket, getting the Storage upgraded

• Tokyo
      Same thing, OS would need to get upgraded, will be done after the other ones

• Los Angeles
      Recently got invoiced, I don't know if the Sponsorship was terminated, waiting for a reply since 5 days, so no ETA on this one.

• Singapore
      The System would not have enough Storage to run KVM's as of right now, likely new Node is needed, since the current Storage setup is fubar.

Thanked by (3)bdl TigersWay Ganonk
  • @Neoon said:
    Regarding KVM Availability

Keep up the awesome work! :)

• Given that I still have no Ticket reply, I suspended new Deployments in Los Angeles.
    If you wanna change the Location, you can do so.

However, we don't really got a replacement right now, since its the only Location we got in the US. Maybe I can do something, before the Service runs out.

• As said a few weeks ago, the Bandwidth throttle will go live, due to a recent Abuse.
    If you hit the Traffic Limit the Uplink will be throttled to 128KB/sec.

Especially in APAC, Allocation is tight, pretty tight, on some Nodes we only got 1TB and since we give Bandwidth away like candy with 200GB per Container, its dam tight, hence the Throttle.

The Bandwidth allocation will reset every 30 days, depending on which day you created the Machine.
    You can request, manually via Tiket, a reset of your bandwidth usage if spare Bandwidth is available, which it usually is, but as far as I know only one Person as of Today hit these Limits.

Thanked by (2)bdl ralf
  • The Upgrades are done, however only Chile has KVM available right now.
    Some idiot, likely me decided to make the OS partition to small.

I will have to get the Storage upgraded and schedule a Maintenance later for NZ and SA.
    LXC remains available as before, enjoy the new Kernel.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • IPv4 on ZA died, for about 5 hours, this has been resolved.
    Apparently there was a error in the router configuration.

• Reminder regarding LA, currently I have still no response to my Ticket, the Invoice is due tomorrow, No idea about suspension, I likely expect it shortly after.

If you still got a Container on LA, move it now.

• Oooh nice, I just discovered you can use the wireguard kernel module with the LXC containers! I didn't even know that was possible (as in at all, not just here), I thought you had to use the userland module and /dev/net/tun, so this was a very pleasant discovery!

Thanks again for this service! It's nice to play with a small container, as I'd previously written off LXC as a viable option for my production work, mostly because it seemed a pain to set up wireguard, so it's definitely been super useful already!

• @ralf said:
    Oooh nice, I just discovered you can use the wireguard kernel module with the LXC containers! I didn't even know that was possible (as in at all, not just here), I thought you had to use the userland module and /dev/net/tun, so this was a very pleasant discovery!

Thanks again for this service! It's nice to play with a small container, as I'd previously written off LXC as a viable option for my production work, mostly because it seemed a pain to set up wireguard, so it's definitely been super useful already!

Yea, wireguard kernel module is available on all Locations.

• Hello @Neoon ,
    I have one question which is not related to exactly service but regarding your status page.

https://status.microlxc.net

This kinda' look like uptime kuma but is different and has a lot of features.
    (I use uptime for all my status pages btw)
    May I know if that portal is custom developed or is it some open source project which you have used?

Really impressed by that status page.

• @hexagon said:
    Hello @Neoon ,
    I have one question which is not related to exactly service but regarding your status page.

May I know if that portal is custom developed or is it some open source project which you have used?

It is uptimerobot.com

Thanked by (2)hexagon ralf
  • @dosai said:

@hexagon said:
    Hello @Neoon ,

It is uptimerobot.com

Right! That's like the paid version for uptime kuma.

• @hexagon said:
    Hello @Neoon ,

Its Uptimerobot, but:
    https://github.com/Ne00n/statibus

• how about SGP and LA on the future?

• @Ganonk said:
    how about SGP and LA on the future?

I am working on getting a new Sponsor, no update from NexusBytes yet.

Thanked by (3)Ganonk adly Pwner