microLXC Public Test

Comments

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited November 2021

Addendum to the Outages Yesterday until today Morning.
    The Antwerp DC had several power outages according to Novos.be

This resulted in about 15 hours of downtime.
    Services are back up and running since 14 hours about 09:16 CET.

Thanked by (3)Ganonk Not_Oles simonindia
  • Antwerp goes offline by 1st of next Year.
    Please migrate your container before the 27th of Decembre, to avoid termination.

You can do this anytime, by grabbing all the data you need, click terminate and then deploy on a different location.

Thanked by (4)ThomasP Not_Oles Ganonk bdl
  • Patch Notes:

• a bug that caused the network stats to be broken, has been fixed
    Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Ganonk
  • @Neoon said:
    Antwerp goes offline by 1st of next Year.
    Please migrate your container before the 27th of Decembre, to avoid termination.

You can do this anytime, by grabbing all the data you need, click terminate and then deploy on a different location.

Reminder.

Thanked by (2)nyamenk Ganonk
  • Maintenance Announcement.

I plan to update the LXC and LXD versions of all host systems on 4th of January starting from 22:00 CET.

A reboot is necessary to make sure the patches apply without any issues, like the ones we had in the past.
    This will result in a few minutes downtime per Node, your container will be started automatically.

Please make sure your stuff starts up automatically before we do the Maintenance.

Thanked by (4)ehab Not_Oles bdl nyamenk
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Neoon said:

Maintenance Announcement.

I plan to update the LXC and LXD versions of all host systems on 4th of January starting from 22:00 CET.

A reboot is necessary to make sure the patches apply without any issues, like the ones we had in the past.
    This will result in a few minutes downtime per Node, your container will be started automatically.

Please make sure your stuff starts up automatically before we do the Maintenance.

@Neoon Thanks for the maintenance work! Everything seems to be working fine with the MetalVPS container! 🚀 Best wishes and kindest regards! ✨💖

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• A failed live migration resulted in a reboot of the Node in Dronten.
    Services should be back up again, plus CPU upgrade.

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Ganonk bdl
  • Changelog

• Discontinued the 128MB Package, no one really used it
    • 384MB Package has been upgraded to 512MB
    • 1GB Package has been added to Norway and Dronten
    Thanked by (4)Not_Oles Ganonk nyamenk ehab
  • Would be someone Interested in Chile or a restock of a certain Location like Singapore? or anything else?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Neoon said:
    Would be someone Interested in Chile or a restock of a certain Location like Singapore? or anything else?

+1 for Singapore

• MicroLXC no longer micro ;)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    MicroLXC no longer micro ;)

Nanolxc

Nanokvm

Seems apt !

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @dosai said:

@Neoon said:
    Would be someone Interested in Chile or a restock of a certain Location like Singapore? or anything else?

+1 for Singapore

I need to ask @seriesn if he can upgrade the instance, most of the time SG seems to be full these days, so should be worth it.

@terrorgen said:
    MicroLXC no longer micro ;)

Well, the 512MB Instance has been offered basically a bit after Launch.
    Just the 1GB is new, since we got 16GB on these Locations.

I am not a fan of increasing the density on shared systems that much, the only machine we got dedicated is the Dedi in Norway, where I likely going to increase the density by 10 Slots, 15 maybe.

Plus, even on these containers, we are barely overselling anything, performance should be decent and stable too.

• @Neoon said:

we are barely overselling anything

One cannot be blamed for overselling since every one of these cost $0, €0, ¥0, ₹0, and ₱0.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:

@Neoon said:

we are barely overselling anything

One cannot be blamed for overselling since every one of these cost $0, €0, ¥0, ₹0, and ₱0.

The main reason is, a 4GB instance, has little room for blowing shit up by doing overselling.
    64GB+ Instance you likely could not care less to oversell memory or disk, but the margins on the small ones are tight.

Hence we only offer 256MB Packages on the 4GB ones.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen

@Neoon said: performance should be decent and stable too.

Yes performance is decent and stable as far as I can see on my instance! Thank you @Neoon! 🙏

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited January 2022

Chile is now available, including the usual Features.

However, there is still an issue with UDP, which seems to be throttled, they work on solving it.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles terrorgen
  • The current stage for the next update is going to be.

However, what would be RDNS without DNS right?

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Ganonk bdl
  • @Neoon, if I terminate my instance, I create another without going through the forum process again?

• @Ouji said:
    @Neoon, if I terminate my instance, I create another without going through the forum process again?

Your account is validated once, so yes.
    Except you are loosing your password.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited January 2022

Nearly finished, just need to do a few more tests.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • An interesting idea. It never occurred to me that this was actually perfectly possible. Has anyone else been offering this? It seems like the perfect use case for a tiny NAT VPS; a truly low-end low-cost DNS server.

I was trying to think of pitfalls, but so far the only thing that comes to mind is that the destination server will never know the source address of the request. That will make logs useless and filtering impossible, but is far from a major pain.

Also, love the Spaceballs reference :joy:

• @rhinoduck said:
    An interesting idea. It never occurred to me that this was actually perfectly possible. Has anyone else been offering this?

The same with HAProxy, some people never adopted the TLS/SSL Support, most did.
    Its easy to add it, even easier than HAProxy, so they should and likely will.

I was trying to think of pitfalls, but so far the only thing that comes to mind is that the destination server will never know the source address of the request. That will make logs useless and filtering impossible, but is far from a major pain.

Possible since not encrypted, its also Supported I think but I won't enable it yet.

Also, love the Spaceballs reference :joy:

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • e530-38f8-9707-c789

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

@Neoon said:

@rhinoduck said: . . . [T]he destination server will never know the source address of the request. That will make logs useless and filtering impossible, but is far from a major pain.

Possible since not encrypted, its also Supported I think but I won't enable it yet.

May I please ask why not? :) Thanks! :)

• @Neoon said:
    e530-38f8-9707-c789

deployed

• @Not_Oles said:

@Neoon said:

@rhinoduck said: . . . [T]he destination server will never know the source address of the request. That will make logs useless and filtering impossible, but is far from a major pain.

May I please ask why not? :) Thanks! :)

I Just read its possible, but I don't yet checked how to enable it.
    As soon its up, then surely will patched later.

Right now reverse dns is up and running, waiting for 4 subnet delegations still.
    Gonna enable dns forwarding next.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles adly
  • Changelog:

• microLXC is now flying with PHP 8
    • several small GUI changes, including fixes and improvements
    • added Reverse DNS, per Request from @Not_Oles
      This Feature is not Available in some Locations, due to technical limitations including Singapore, Los Angeles and Tokyo.
      Plus I am still waiting for some dns server delegations, expect the Feature to be fully available by next week

• added DNS Proxy, so you can run your own DNS server behind NAT IPv4
      EDNS Forwarding is not enabled yet, its planned for the next Patch

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Ganonk
  • @Neoon about Free NAT KVM - Haproxy

did you add the subdomain wild card feature

*.somename.tld