[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@xuweidiy said:
    @VirMach Hi, My disk size is wrong and cannot be used normally, please help to check and process, Ticket ID: 377482.

Okay so based on that screenshot the only other thing I can think of is that there was a weird SolusVM bug on the lvextend step of their coding as a result of you being placed on a node that was almost full or on a pv that was almost full. If that's the case we'd need to manually fix it on our end and that'd require a ticket.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    Miami: QuadraNet@Equinix?

I don't see Miami in the Ryzen migration form?
    Can you move 107.175.115.176 to Miami instead of New Jersey?

We'll add that in when Miami is ready.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @vyas said:
    @VirMach
    Yelanki bananas are awesome

beware of Vyas traps

never pickup any banana like objects.

Thanked by (2)vyas FrankZ
  • edited May 2022

I haven't used this VPS for continuous production, because I've been using the old VPS for 4-5TB for a month, so I haven't moved from the old VPS to this VPS. I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?
    I already explained. the ticket is already the 3rd ticket for the same problem, and every 7 days it is automatically closed by your machine, the problem is not solved. "I buy, I have to get my rights, it's called fair"
    **edit
    something went wrong on your part, why do you even ask me back? very funny. I've been patient, but what did you do to solve this problem???

@VirMach said:

@vgood said:

Is this actually urgent? I'll take a look if you're currently at 1.5TB or higher usage, otherwise, if it's not, I do not understand why you're upset in this situation or why you believe it justifies asking for support here if you already have a ticket in with us. Let me know.

• Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    We'll add that in when Miami is ready.

Any plan for Frankfurt/Miami pre-order?

@vgood said: I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?

Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency situation for you since you're not close to running out. If you start using it and you get close to being negatively affected by it and we still haven't got back to you, then feel free to let me know via other channels.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@vgood said: I've bought this and should get it as ordered right?

Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency situation for you since you're not close to running out. If you start using it and you get close to being negatively affected by it and we still haven't got back to you, then feel free to let me know via other channels.

Taking a step back, I can understand why he'd be reluctant to migrate to the VM if it's been incorrectly provisioned and will likely be cut off in 2 weeks when he runs out of bandwidth (according to his expected usage ~4-5TB/mo). Especially if he's had several tickets autoclosed. Though, I can't rule out the ticket titles being a factor of why it slipped through the cracks, because if the ticket title was:

@vgood said: "I buy, I have to get my rights, it's called fair"

and not "VPS Incorrectly Provisioned with 2TB BW Instead of 6TB" or similar, then I can't say I'm surprised ;)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• why did you turn to ask me??? can you solve this problem or not? simple is what i want. I've been waiting for 1 month for this same problem, 2 tickets have been closed by you, 1 more ticket, no response and resolution. can you not solve this problem?????????? when??????

@VirMach Said :
    Correct but I don't understand why you have to request it be reviewed here when it's already in the ticket queue to be processed and it's not an emergency....

• @VirMach said: When I say torrenting I mean if you go to a game developer's website and click to download the game legally and they happen to share it via torrent, then it's fine as long as you have a poor share ratio (meaning you just download and quickly stop it after you're done, which may not be very courteous to the entire torrenting system but if you start seeding a lot it's also not very courteous to our terms of service.)

Nobody ever means that description. When they mean that they don't bother to ask. ;-)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited May 2022

Thank you @Mason you are more observant with my statement. if I now use this VPS for my production purposes, the BW will run out and it's very annoying and new problems occur.
    a little correction, the ticket title is clear (see picture) my first ticket with this problem was 23/04/2022, this is the 3rd ticket after the previous 2 tickets were closed by @VirMach and there has been no resolution until now.
    this time i experienced something strange. I asked for my rights to the VPS service provider because the specs did not match the order, but instead asked what the reason was. very funny, even though it's easy at other VPS service providers for things like this, you don't have to wait long to get it done. Should @virmach explain why this problem is not solved and not solved even though it's been a long wait.

**edit picture

@Mason said:
    and not "VPS Incorrectly Provisioned with 2TB BW Instead of 6TB" or similar, then I can't say I'm surprised ;)

Thanked by (1)Mason

@Mason said: Taking a step back, I can understand why he'd be reluctant to migrate to the VM if it's been incorrectly provisioned and will likely be cut off in 2 weeks when he runs out of bandwidth (according to his expected usage ~4-5TB/mo). Especially if he's had several tickets autoclosed.

I'm not really disagreeing with him on the whole situation he's in being valid, and I'm not trying to provide any reasoning for his ticket having taken that long, but I'm basically letting him know that it's not a situation that would warrant me moving him in front of the queue by grabbing my attention on a message board. We get a lot of these attempts recently, mostly on OGF, and once in a while people tend to use their words in a way where it may sound more concerning and all that does is take up time and end up upsetting everyone when I don't budge ;)

I was not providing a suggestion by default that he move over and risk it but only that it would be the only situation where I would consider it on the higher bracket of "urgency" when it comes to our current ticket backlog. It's crucial for us to try to pick out the correct tickets to do first.

Thanked by (1)Mason
    edited May 2022

@vgood said: Should @virmach explain why this problem is not solved and not solved even though it's been a long wait.

Because our ticket volume is currently abruptly +8,000 closer to +10,000 more tickets than usual per month and as a result there are 1,000 tickets out of those additional amounts we've fallen behind on due to spacetime continuum constraints. Would you like me to provide an explanation for the other 999 tickets in queue right now?

Maybe we should have a competition and message everyone to post about their tickets and we vote on which one should be done first. /s

• What's going on with networking in AMS?
    I see response over 1s

@andyevil said:
    What's going on with networking in AMS?
    I see response over 1s

What specific node? AMSD025?

• @VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

edited May 2022

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Network issue already open for it and we're aware.

Nevermind, for some reason I thought I created it when I didn't. Sorry, I've been up for something over like 2 days now and starting to get a little loopy. I've been trying to work this into my schedule for around 12 hours now but it's being difficult. We may just have to reboot it if I don't get to it soon as that'll save a lot of time. Since the node has network issues to that level it also means I have network issues trying to do anything on it as well.

Edit -- created now.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach said: I'm not really disagreeing with him on the whole situation he's in being valid, and I'm not trying to provide any reasoning for his ticket having taken that long, but I'm basically letting him know that it's not a situation that would warrant me moving him in front of the queue by grabbing my attention on a message board

Right and that's understandable. Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when you spend 30 minutes of time resolving an issue that affects 50 people. Can't argue with that.

All I'm say is that it's not considered an "emergency for [him]" yet because he doesn't want to put himself into a position where it will potentially be one (by migrating prematurely and potentially not being able to get it resolved before he gets auto-terminated, assuming that's what the procedure is for exceeding bandwidth). No doubt the issue will be resolved eventually once things mellow out.

@VirMach said: Maybe we should have a competition and message everyone to post about their tickets and we vote on which one should be done first. /s

Make it into a game and vote on / hand out awards for the ticket subjects. "Most descriptive". "Made me say WTF aloud". "Definitely not a Friday problem". etc.

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

@Mason said:
    Right and that's understandable. Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when you spend 30 minutes of time resolving an issue that affects 50 people. Can't argue with that.

Can't waste 10 minutes of time on a non-critical issue affecting one customer when I spend 30 minutes of time debating the semantics & philosophy of my decision with said customer in a public forum.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Sorry for the repost, but I made a order on April 9th for Order Number: 5169572945. Can I please get it activated? Thanks a lot.

• @VirMach said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Nevermind, for some reason I thought I created it when I didn't. Sorry, I've been up for something over like 2 days now and starting to get a little loopy. I've been trying to work this into my schedule for around 12 hours now but it's being difficult. We may just have to reboot it if I don't get to it soon as that'll save a lot of time. Since the node has network issues to that level it also means I have network issues trying to do anything on it as well.

Edit -- created now.

For some reason now I see response under 10ms.
    Thanks!

@thecatinsomehat said:
    Sorry for the repost, but I made a order on April 9th for Order Number: 5169572945. Can I please get it activated? Thanks a lot.

Sorry we missed it & you had to repost. All set.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Edit -- created now.

Thanks!

God damn, problem is still here.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
    edited May 2022

@andyevil said: For some reason now I see response under 10ms.
    Thanks!

Don't thank me, thank the gods. I'm now a blasphemer. I'm assuming it'll go back up if the abuse continues but now I can actually get something done on it finally. Looks like I spoke too soon, it's back to being unusable.

• why so many tickets? because your VPS has a problem and the resolution is slow and not even resolved. prioritize urgency? Previously I made a ticket asking for a refund, after 2 weeks you closed and I gave in to stay.
    I thought changing BW was easier and many of you had the same problem as this, but to make it difficult for you, I'm wondering is this really difficult / can't / you don't want to do it?? look at my ticket, the number is clear in the screenshot, 2 times the previous ticket the virmach closed without clarity and there was no resolution for up to 1 month. I complained here, only now you are responding until the admin of this forum intervenes to reply to this comment. everything becomes a hassle because of your service.

@VirMach said:
    Because our ticket volume is currently abruptly +8,000 closer to +10,000 more tickets than usual per month and as a result there are 1,000 tickets out of those additional amounts we've fallen behind on due to spacetime continuum constraints. Would you like me to provide an explanation for the other 999 tickets in queue right now?

Thanked by (1)VirMach
    edited May 2022

@andyevil said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:

@VirMach said:

@andyevil said:
    I see response over 1s

Yep, AMSD025

Edit -- created now.

Thanks!

God damn, problem is still here.

Got rid of the main abuser. It's the same guy that caused problems on pretty much all the other nodes in Dallas, Seattle, San Jose. I'm doing a full sweep now.

Edit -- still needs a reset.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bdl

Alright, AMSD025 finally all set. This guy's been so annoying we have an entire project made to stomp him, it's just not done yet. I'll see if I can do something half as good more quickly today so he doesn't keep coming back and causing a meltdown to the point where it's that annoying and difficult to do anything about it.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach This rDNS button doesn't seem to work:

Tried it twice (May 4th and May 17) for an IP on SJCZ005 and while a ticket was automatically generated and closed each time, no change was made to the rDNS of the IP.

@cornercase said:
    @VirMach This rDNS button doesn't seem to work:

Tried it twice (May 4th and May 17) for an IP on SJCZ005 and while a ticket was automatically generated and closed each time, no change was made to the rDNS of the IP.

Yeah perhaps we should add something to make it more clear that it won't work for Ryzen for the time being.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
    edited May 2022

Some Anti-Abuse Improvements.

I've added some additional monitors and also ensured monitors are enabled for all nodes (a few of the new ones set up last week slipped by.) I've tuned them a little as well so we get them more quickly.

I've gone through every node on ping.pe and ensured networks are free from major problems. SEAZ004 is still facing issues and that will be looked at next. Then TYOC029 looks less than optimal so that'll be after SEAZ004 abuse is dealt with first. Finally, TYOC030 looks slightly worse than most even though it looks relatively fine to how Tokyo has been and SJCZ005 could use a little improving.

Then I'm also looking at the anti-abuse script and making some minor adjustments. I'm trying to get it to make some additional measurements similar to the recent abuse to shut it down more quickly.

And no I haven't forgot about SJCZ002, but that'll get a separate "offline servers" update. And actually SEAZ004 looks more like an issue at the switch/network equipment level so I'm communicating with the datacenter and I won't include that here either. Actually SEAZ004 does also have abuse too so I'm including it in here again, not that it matters at this point.

This discussion has been closed.