[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited May 2022

SEAZ004 Update - Datacenter performed maintenance on their end, so I just finished getting rid of the abuse and restarted networking & re-applied rules. Still looks awful but at least it also looks slightly usable now. By slightly usable I mean bursts of 1ms ping rather than being constant triple digits.

Edit -- Okay looks like it's calming down now. I'll check back in 15-30 minutes.

Edit2 -- Still wasn't good, I rebooted since we had some physical changes and couldn't figure out what else to try resetting from the OS. Network looks clean again, for now. It's possible the NIC was spazzing out.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

TYOC029 Update - This crashed again and caused the network improvements to reset. Settings restored and looks good now, investigating what's causing the hangs.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ tototo
  • @VirMach said:
    Yeah perhaps we should add something to make it more clear that it won't work for Ryzen for the time being.

So is there no way to set this at all? Or do we manually submit a ticket?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2022

@cornercase said:

@VirMach said:
    Yeah perhaps we should add something to make it more clear that it won't work for Ryzen for the time being.

So is there no way to set this at all? Or do we manually submit a ticket?

I expect this is not going to be happening on Ryzen nodes soon™ . I don't think you should submit a ticket for a pointer record (reverse DNS entry) regarding this. Reverse DNS entries are something that needs to be scripted and is not the same for each DC. I expect the developer is crazy busy right now with other things. As VirMach has previously stated that this is on the to do list, but is not high priority, and is not going to happen until other things are settled. I'm waiting along with you for this to get done.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @vgood , these servers are a terrific value for personal and knockaround usage, but it will be a while (maybe forever) before they are really stable. With no dig intended at Virmach, if you are using them for "production", you are crazy. This is the lowest of the low end. If they are all your business can afford, you don't have a business. MY WEB SITE IS DOWN! I'M LOSING MILLLLLIONS!!!!

Thanked by (4)risturiz vgood bdl pikachu

SJCZ005 Update - Can't improve the networking any further for now here. I'm unable to get the network driver settings to stick without it causing the NIC to hang. We'll have to schedule a maintenance window later on but I also don't want to destroy the NIC and I don't want to do nothing about it and fail it fail randomly in the future. After we're done... JFC... fixing the FOUR servers out of NINE that broke at this location, I'll see about sending in a replacement for this one and migrating people over to another first. Looks like I must have mistaken Tamagotchis strapped to an aluminum trash cans for servers and sent them all to San Jose.

Thanked by (3)Ganonk FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • I receive an email after running Ryzen Migrate, but I've never been able to login via SSH with the password. And I remember it was the same when I "migrated" from Tokyo to Tokyo a few weeks ago. Is this what you intended?
    Of course, I know that resetting the password in some way would solve this problem(?).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • your thinking is very reasonable. but the production in this case I use not for the website, but as a supporting VPS from the main VPS. it's been more than 2 months this VPS doesn't seem useless because of many problems. at least the specs that match the order will be of little use to support my production. It's natural when we buy something to want our rights. It's very simple, actually, what I want as a consumer, the specs match and the VPS runs smoothly, any problems are quickly handled. Moreover, I think it's easy to replace BW for @VirMach , no need to complicate it. That's our right as users.

@willie said:
    these servers are a terrific value for personal and knockaround usage, but it will be a while (maybe forever) before they are really stable. With no dig intended at Virmach, if you are using them for "production", you are crazy. This is the lowest of the low end. If they are all your business can afford, you don't have a business. MY WEB SITE IS DOWN! I'M LOSING MILLLLLIONS!!!!

@vgood I have an idea and I'd like to run it by you since I'm afraid it may offend some customers.

I agree with you that a huge part in being in this situation with the tickets is that "your VPS has a problem and the resolution is slow and not even resolved" and that the fact that we took longer than usual only made the situation worse. We've been playing catch-up for the past month and this just means a lot of people end up waiting a very long time.

Meanwhile, we've already resolved a lot of these problems without tickets, but now we have the problem of tickets existing for those issues.

For example, in relation to your bandwidth issue, we still have a lot of tickets with people saying they have the incorrect amount of bandwidth in many different ways in their title, and we do not know which ones still have the problem, as we corrected most of these, but obviously there will be people such as yourself who still have the issue. Instead of people posting here and reminding me of their ticket, I think it would be helpful if we could know who still requires assistance.

What do you think about everyone who has waited more than a few days for a reply, receiving a response asking them to confirm if they are still facing the issue? Do you think this would come off as rude as if we're just providing a bad reply and further delaying the resolution? If not, what do you think the best way to portray this message would be?

I really do believe once we get a confirmation of who still requires help, we can save about 70% of our time not going through those tickets where it's already been resolved.

Something like this:

To better assist customers, as we have a large backlog of tickets waiting a very long time, we are asking everyone to confirm if they are still facing an issue. Over the last two weeks we have already fixed many problems in the background. We understand that your issue may be completely unrelated, but we believe in this case, it will help filter out all tickets no longer requiring assistance so we can focus on resolving your issue more quickly.

Please copy/paste the following reply to confirm you require assistance, and your ticket will be marked as high priority:
    > I still require assistance.

Otherwise, if you no longer require assistance, please do not reply back to this ticket to give us a chance to assist those who need an urgent resolution.

Then we can bulk send out that reply, and bulk flag everyone who replies to priority department. Or let me know if you guys disagree and think it's a terrible idea that'll just piss people off.

edited May 2022

@tototo said:
    I receive an email after running Ryzen Migrate, but I've never been able to login via SSH with the password. And I remember it was the same when I "migrated" from Tokyo to Tokyo a few weeks ago. Is this what you intended?
    Of course, I know that resetting the password in some way would solve this problem(?).

I think based on your product you might get the old email that just assumes an operating system is always installed. Or you might just literally get the same password as you did years ago or whatever it was initially set up.

Not intended, but also no intended solution to that right now.

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ
    edited May 2022

Actually I have a better idea but I'll have to see if our developer can implement it by tomorrow morning. Until then I'll process these tickets as usual and try to make a good dent, and wait for everyone's feedback.

• Grab a list of tickets and how long they've been waiting for a reply.
    • Find their highest cost active service.
    • Provide them credits for this amount for waiting (so if the service is $30 a month and they waited 12 days for a reply, $12.)
    • Provide a reply letting them know we credited them and to reply if they need help still
    • Auto flag to priority if they reply
    • If they don't reply, put it in a separate flag/queue automatically by default that we'll still skim through later
  • simple thing, why so difficult. you solved my problem all done. it's not difficult. does anyone else know which ticket comes first? Of course they don't know, only you and your employees know. In my opinion, when people submit tickets several times and even submit their complaints on your social media, on your website and even in certain forums, they really need it. and when you don't solve it properly it will make them more angry, remember this problem has 3 tickets in 1 month not resolved, and your previous 2 tickets closed and there is no clarity. you replied several times here you said it took a lot of time. but if you search for my ticket that has been posted here, then finish it, I think it will only take 1-2 minutes, and you don't need to announce it here if the problem is solved, other consumers know who comes first? certainly not. if you really coordinate it with your workers everything will be sorted out quickly, because in other VPS providers it is easy to change BW, I believe that @VirMach companies with many consumers like you will have more employees.

@VirMach said:
    @vgood I have an idea and I'd like to run it by you since I'm afraid it may offend some customers.

I agree with you that a huge part in being in this situation with the tickets is that "your VPS has a problem and the resolution is slow and not even resolved" and that the fact that we took longer than usual only made the situation worse. We've been playing catch-up for the past month and this just means a lot of people end up waiting a very long time.

@vgood said:
    simple thing, why so difficult. you solved my problem all done. it's not difficult. does anyone else know which ticket comes first? Of course they don't know, only you and your employees know. In my opinion, when people submit tickets several times and even submit their complaints on your social media, on your website and even in certain forums, they really need it. and when you don't solve it properly it will make them more angry, remember this problem has 3 tickets in 1 month not resolved, and your previous 2 tickets closed and there is no clarity. you replied several times here you said it took a lot of time. but if you search for my ticket that has been posted here, then finish it, I think it will only take 1-2 minutes, and you don't need to announce it here if the problem is solved, other consumers know who comes first? certainly not. if you really coordinate it with your workers everything will be sorted out quickly, because in other VPS providers it is easy to change BW, I believe that @VirMach companies with many consumers like you will have more employees.

@VirMach said:

If you are only interested in your situation, then you should still let me know if you believe you'll get a faster solution if we do the above idea or if we do not. If we do, you have to reply back and it gets placed in priority with everyone else that still needs help. If we don't, then it'll be done as it's going to be done right now and that definitely still does not involve processing it for you first right now.

• this idea looks good for @VirMach but funny for some consumers, it should be when the problem comes from you, you should be the one to compensate the consumer, not even charge the consumer just a ticket. remember "change bw is technically easy"
    are you aware? you still have a lot of problems, your VPS is still a lot of problems, but you don't close the sale temporarily. The more you work, the more problems there are.

@VirMach said:
    Actually I have a better idea but I'll have to see if our developer can implement it by tomorrow morning. Until then I'll process these tickets as usual and try to make a good dent, and wait for everyone's feedback.

• Grab a list of tickets and how long they've been waiting for a reply.
    • Find their highest cost active service.
  • I'm not interested in this offer, it's a subtle way of squeezing, and I've never found it in any other service provider. Moreover, the trivial problem of changing BW can take up to 1 month to be unfinished. With this I can only conclude. you are just like a reseller / multi level marketing company and only a few workers in your company. sorry if my thinking is wrong. but the reality shows that. I asked for a refund but after 2 weeks your ticket was closed there was no progress. your BW request close 2 tickets before means you are trivial or just automatic by the machine @VirMach

@VirMach said:

If you are only interested in your situation, then you should still let me know if you believe you'll get a faster solution if we do the above idea or if we do not. If we do, you have to reply back and it gets placed in priority with everyone else that still needs help. If we don't, then it'll be done as it's going to be done right now and that definitely still does not involve processing it for you first right now.

• @VirMach said:
    I think based on your product you might get the old email that just assumes an operating system is always installed. Or you might just literally get the same password as you did years ago or whatever it was initially set up.

Can you to add a message like "If you can't login with the password, try the Root/Admin Password change button before opening a ticket"?
    I think you already received a ticket to ask the password...

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

Can you to add a message like "If you can't login with the password, try the Root/Admin Password change button before opening a ticket"?
    I think you already received a ticket to ask the password...

Actually out of all the crazy tickets we received I think that might be the one we didn't receive which is odd. I'll let you know if I come across one.

@vgood said:
    I'm not interested in this offer, it's a subtle way of squeezing, and I've never found it in any other service provider. Moreover, the trivial problem of changing BW can take up to 1 month to be unfinished. With this I can only conclude. you are just like a reseller / multi level marketing company and only a few workers in your company. sorry if my thinking is wrong. but the reality shows that. I asked for a refund but after 2 weeks your ticket was closed there was no progress. your BW request close 2 tickets before means you are trivial or just automatic by the machine @VirMach

Okay, thanks for your feedback. I asked you because I figured it would be a good representation of how others may feel. We'll stick do doing the tickets how we've been doing them then unless our developer can create the auto credit system because I don't think anyone will be upset about getting SLA credit for tickets being answered slower.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited May 2022

very funny. you think about other people but don't think about my disappointment as a consumer, there is no compensation, i'm even though always succumb to being patient. how do you feel human? 2 weeks my refund request ticket suddenly closes, next 2 tickets for your BW business problems are closed without clarity, the last 1 ticket has no movement. 2 months VPS can't be used for my production needs. 1 month for BW affairs is not resolved, even though it is an easy thing.
    ** edit
    once in a while put yourself in a problem like me, I'm sure you'll also be more upset, easy things make you difficult

@VirMach said:

@vgood said:

Okay, thanks for your feedback. I asked you because I figured it would be a good representation of how others may feel. We'll stick do doing the tickets how we've been doing them then unless our developer can create the auto credit system because I don't think anyone will be upset about getting SLA credit for tickets being answered slower.

• Any chance @VirMach can refund @vgood ? ... I think is the best solution for this particular case

Thanked by (2)vgood skorous
  • I think so too. but I'm not sure @VirMach will do that, let alone refund money, just changing BW is made difficult for them. as you can see in my previous comment, once I applied for a refund, waited 2 weeks for their ticket to close and there was no decision whatsoever.

@risturiz said:
    Any chance @VirMach can refund @vgood ? ... I think is the best solution for this particular case

• Cannot migrate the vps of your Migration Special, while other plans are free to migrate to Ryzen nodes

Shame to your Migration Special and JP Pre-sale

• @vgood said:
    I think so too. but I'm not sure @VirMach will do that, let alone refund money, just changing BW is made difficult for them. as you can see in my previous comment, once I applied for a refund, waited 2 weeks for their ticket to close and there was no decision whatsoever.

The fact is you want to solve only your problem over all clients waiting patiently and keep spamming the forum with the same bs... You are a noisy neighbor and you would never be happy with any solution.

• vgood = vbad

Thanked by (4)vgood FrankZ pikachu ariq01

virmach:

@VirMach said: if you contribute to the excessive ticket load by creating an unnecessary ticket
    @VirMach said: We will also do this if you spam this thread with your order ID asking for something outside of an activation request,

@VirMach said: or if you post your ticket ID (unless requested by us.)

@VirMach said:** Refunds? Personal Order Status Updates? Management? Look At My Ticket First?
    No. No. No. No.

vgood:

@vgood said:
    sorry I'm going to bring this up here, I don't mean to insult virmach, because until now I'm still a 3 VPS @VirMach user, but I'm still confused about my ryzen Order #1404808, from the first vps order and vps I used, the hostname (rDNS) was detected used by someone else. the proof is using IP Location Finder, detects Hostname: mxxxns-wxxxon.peaxxxxny.com
    whereas the previous 2 vps that I bought from virmach rDNS detected IP.
    Then I requested from the member menu and Ticket #654073 to request to change my new rDNS VPS to IP only but the ticket was closed by virmach, so far it's been 12 days and the rDNS hasn't changed. even though I think changing rDNS is a simple thing and doesn't take a long time. please follow up!!!

@vgood said:
    @VirMach
    how is the latest update in Los Angeles? Approximately when will it be ready?

@vgood said: @VirMach what happen??
    Invoice #1404808
    Status Unknown

@vgood said: thank you finally @VirMach is back to write comments here.
    Kindly please, my complaint seems easy to resolve, but till now almost a month, the problem is not followed up. Tickets #884164

@vgood said: Hahahaha....
    I only have 3 in virmach, the others I have more at other service providers (gxxx, axx, rxxx, bxx)
    Never experienced anything strange like this, before I requested according to hostnane and was not responded to, are you a virmach employee?

In my 2 vps, virmach ColorCrossing, once requested rDNS to my hostname and returned it to IP, there is no such slow process.

virmach:

@VirMach said:

If you're speaking of rDNS on Ryzen, you can assume long waits and potentially for the request to not be filled for now. None of the systems are built for that yet. With CC, we coded it out using their API. We do not consider rDNS critical and those tickets will most likely not be answered until we clear out the entire ticket queue.

Some guy made like 11 tickets for the same rDNS and I'm going to make sure we answer his absolutely last.

vgood:

virmach:

And on that note... I'm going to take a mental health break.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Holy smokes...

At what point do you just refund and terminate? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• OMG!! Reverse Bingo LOOOL ... I pay internet for this! Thanks @VirMach xD

Thanked by (3)FrankZ pikachu ariq01
  • @Mason said:
    At what point do you just refund and terminate?

First thing in the thread is "no refunds" so I would just skip to the second part.

• JabJab
    edited May 2022

Hey! Maybe he just have 20 services and he created new ticket for every service (okey, 11 out of 20) and this is why there is 11 tickets!!!!!
    I guess not :(

Thanked by (1)vgood

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

This discussion has been closed.