[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• thanks for your thoughts. then you will say @virmach is good??? look real on lowendtalk, lowendspirit all treads concerning virmach are full of problems and continue to know how long. they want to be understood and want to be paid for, service? they are just more busy making excuses than solving problems. they even turned to ask how to solve their problems. a lot of people protesting here? they themselves showed up here and they started with their problems they didn't know when it would be over.
    It's up to me how @VirMach thinks about me. still won't affect my life or their service better.

MS said:
    vgood = vbad

• I'm happy with Virmach. Their stuff basically works and is super cheap. With this new service they maybe got a little too ambitious and the bugs are not out of it yet, but they are putting in good effort to hold things together. That's the most I can expect with this ultra low end stuff. There are more expensive services around with a more consistent product. At the low end, you have to be more attuned and keep your expectations aligned with reality.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited May 2022

@vgood said:
    thanks for your thoughts. then you will say @virmach is good??? look real on lowendtalk, lowendspirit all treads concerning virmach are full of problems and continue to know how long. they want to be understood and want to be paid for, service? they are just more busy making excuses than solving problems. they even turned to ask how to solve their problems. a lot of people protesting here? they themselves showed up here and they started with their problems they didn't know when it would be over.
    It's up to me how @VirMach thinks about me. still won't affect my life or their service better.

MS said:
    vgood = vbad

Speaking from personal experience as a customer, I've never had any major issues with VirMach. Have always been treated fairly and had solid service.

Customer since 2017 with 17 services in that time (5 currently active). Grand total of 13 tickets opened in those 5 years (3 of them not opened by me), so about 2 or 3 per year.

So yeah, for me virmach is good

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• thanks for your thoughts about me. and anyone has the right to judge you by the reality of your service. remember, the member area @VirMach , solusvm in your vps often has problems until now, then you will say I'm spam? what's in it for me?
    The main problem that I raise here is about BW, not another problem, I have given up on other problems, you yourself are busy looking for excuses. even though the process is only 1 minute the problem is solved.

@VirMach said:

And on that note... I'm going to take a mental health break.

• You see, I also said the same thing for initial subscriptions with them. but the problem is peaking in this Ryzen and look at the fact until now all the complaints and all the problems piled up. they themselves do not know when it will all be over. Everyone's personal judgment may not be the same and cannot be imposed on others because of the fact that it can now be seen on this forum and lowendtalk.

Speaking from personal experience as a customer, I've never had any major issues with VirMach. Have always been treated fairly and had solid service.

Customer since 2017 with 17 services in that time (5 currently active). Grand total of 13 tickets opened in those 5 years (3 of them not opened by me), so about 2 or 3 per year.

• @vgood said: problem is peaking in this Ryzen

Yeah that's called cascading failures. Lingering tech issues => high ticket load => slow ticket response => more whiny users and even more tickets, self-amplifying spiral. Users who have been around for a while have seen this before and look at it contextually. If it happens at AWS then criticism is justified. With a limited resource platform like this, yeah, most of us have been here. You might be better off moving your services to AWS. LES is not a place for high maintenance users.

I have a service running on another Virmach VM in the exact same location on older hardware, and it has been pretty reliable for the past few years. I had hoped to migrate it to this Ryzen VM to save some costs. The Ryzen stuff is not reliable enough yet, but if it stabilizes within a few months then I'm happy.

• edited May 2022

well I've been using AWS Gcloud Linode for a long time for primary purposes, and all know that quality, and for support VPS I use others including VirMach. @VirMach sells, I buy, and buyers should get what they promise to consumers. The problem here that I raised last was actually simple "change the BW to order". but what is their answer? you can see for yourself. easy things to complicate. am i rude asking for my rights? see other comments harsher and more cruel, but I don't want to intervene to defend or approve it, because each of them feel it. let alone have to lick, there's no way I can do it.

@willie said :
    Yeah that's called cascading failures. Lingering tech issues => high ticket load => slow ticket response => more whiny users and even more tickets, self-amplifying spiral.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mason said:

I echo what mason said above.

What I also know is that some people have the kind of me first attitude where everyone else does not matter, it's only about them. They can justify any action, desire, or comment by trying to diminish the party that they want something from. These are the kind of people that I call users and are the bane of any community, real or online. In a first for me, on any forum, I will openly question if this is the type of member you want here at LES. /rant

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited May 2022

I was silent at first, but after 2 months of waiting finally I like the others were a little annoyed, because there was no clarity from them, easy things were made difficult. and I also never interfere in other people's problems. my problem with @VirMach well virmach and his employees solved it.

@FrankZ said:

What I also know is that some people have the kind of me first attitude where everyone else does not matter, it's only about them. They can justify any action, desire, or comment by trying to diminish the party that they want something from. These are the kind of people that I call users and are the bane of any community, real or online. In a first for me, on any forum, I will openly question if this is the type of member you want here at LES. /rant

• @vgood said: @VirMach sells, I buy, and buyers should get what they promise to consumers

Shrug, in the low end world, if the seller does their best, that's about all we can hope for, even if they don't always succeed. There have been many deadpools here and there will be many more. Virmach is holding up ok as far as I can tell.

You are complaining that since your expectations don't match reality, it must be reality that is wrong. That sounds like a frustrating way to go through life. Reality is reality no matter what you expect it to be.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ pikachu
  • well that's the truth and i realized it. it's just an easy thing to change BW to complicated, this is very funny for a class of VPS service providers, and if you want to be processed quickly, having to pay is even funnier. but that's okay, basically they are free to play whatever they want. that's enough for me to consider my future with @VirMach . everyone has seen the reality of many problems, all can judge it including me, the past is past.

@willie said:
    Shrug, in the low end world, if the seller does their best, that's about all we can hope for, even if they don't always succeed. There have been many deadpools here and there will be many more. Virmach is holding up ok as far as I can tell.

• williewillie OG
    edited May 2022

@vgood said: that's enough for me to consider my future with [@] VirMach

A wise decision. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• I see there is some Tokyo available again. Nice.

• Not sure if it's necessary, but invoice 1440707 and 1440711

• Bill 1440177,Ryzen Special 2560 - LastingOblong-VM (05/27/2022 - 05/26/2024)

• Please help to activate my order.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Congratulations @AlanMark I expect that you were one of the last ones to get this special offer.
    Your order should be activated automatically, but you will probably need to install an operating system from a Ryzen compatible template in the SolusVM panel. You can find the SolusVM panel for your VPS by going to the billing panel, clicking the VPS under active services, then clicking the "VPS control Panel" link.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I think you should lax Cloudflare a bit on SolusVM.

got the "Your cloud service is almost ready" email, and requested a password reset as told on the email.

However, I was redirected to this page after clicking the reset link then clicking "log in"

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@sanvit said: I think you should lax Cloudflare a bit on SolusVM.

I agree but if you go though the billing panel to SolusVM, as I described in the post above yours, you will not have that issue.

• @VirMach

On May 17, I found out that my VPS was turned on.
    I logged in to set up the system and lost the connection in about half an hour, and the backend also showed the status as offline. I changed the password but forgot it (Because I didn't expect to be unable to connect), if you can please help me to restore online and keep the rescue mode, I will reinstall the system.
    I submit a ticket #522824

Thank you!

• @FrankZ said:

@sanvit said: I think you should lax Cloudflare a bit on SolusVM.

I agree but if you go though the billing panel to SolusVM, as I described in the post above yours, you will not have that issue.

I know, but their email literally told me to do it. Never thought the limit would be this tight.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@sanvit said: Never thought the limit would be this tight.

Yes I would say that it is unusable as tight as it is currently set. Although I guess this stops any attempts to brute force the SolusVM panel. VirMach did say a little while ago, that he was going to change the email that gets sent out by the system, when things settle down some. Until then there is a simple way around the issue by going through the billing panel to get to SolusVM.

Thanked by (1)sanvit

• @VirMach said: We've disabled this buggy feature and reverting back to the original plan of migrating people in bulk as nodes are retired.

Dang, I've waited too long... FWIW, the button did a great job for me five times but I was still hesitant to migrate my other services due to the various reports about issues at OGF. But it was the right thing to do, I guess, to reduce the number of tickets.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Brueggus said:

@VirMach said: We've disabled this buggy feature and reverting back to the original plan of migrating people in bulk as nodes are retired.

Dang, I've waited too long... FWIW, the button did a great job for me five times but I was still hesitant to migrate my other services due to the various reports about issues at OGF. But it was the right thing to do, I guess, to reduce the number of tickets.

Yeah sorry, sucks we had to eventually give in to the dark side and ruin it for everyone. We tried very hard to avoid that.

• Looking forward to the day my triple IP BF Special gets migrated from Buffalo to NYC Metro and Ryzen. Thought it too risky during the kerfuffle.
    Patience.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@Brueggus said:

@VirMach said: We've disabled this buggy feature and reverting back to the original plan of migrating people in bulk as nodes are retired.

Yeah sorry, sucks we had to eventually give in to the dark side and ruin it for everyone. We tried very hard to avoid that.

No worries. I just hope you won't get tons of tickets requesting manual migrations from now on...

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint pikachu tototo

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

edited May 2022

@Brueggus said:

@VirMach said:

@Brueggus said:

No worries. I just hope you won't get tons of tickets requesting manual migrations from now on...

Oh, we will. Plus a ton of "migration button gone?" and people flaming us.

I've learned there's no winning with any of this.

If I wanted to do it the easy way everyone would still be on CC E5's permanently and Ryzen would just be at full price on our website. But I hate myself. I think I've used that joke a few too many times now, maybe it's not a joke. It's basically a yearly cycle of me going "hmm, how we can inconvenience ourselves, lose money, and get a thousand people to hate us even though we're trying to give them something more for the same price?" But I wouldn't have it any other way.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Looking forward to the day my triple IP BF Special gets migrated from Buffalo to NYC Metro and Ryzen. Thought it too risky during the kerfuffle.
    Patience.

That may come sooner or later than you think.™

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @Virmach I worry about your (in)sanity! =)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• I'm quite content about my servers and even though the speical offer is over I want to order some more.
    Virmach has different packages (eg Lite, non-Lite, etc). The 1 vCore 768Mb is exactly right for my purposes (not too light, not too heavy). What package offers similar cpu power?

This discussion has been closed.