Looking for a part-time job on weekends

skorupionskorupion Services Provider
edited June 2022 in General

Looking for offers in the range of $6-7,25 per hour.

Little experience to show, but I can learn quickly, and do most well-known stuff easily (installing control panels, managing virtualizor, etc...) i.e mostly L1/L2 stuff, and some L3 stuff.

DM me for my CV

Availability 10 AM - 8 PM (GMT+2) Saturday & Sunday.

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

Tagged:

Comments

• You should write up to 7$ per hour

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@TeYroX said:
    You should write up to 7$ per hour

done :3

Thanked by (1)TeYroX

• williewillie OG
    edited June 2022

What country are you in? Your asking rate is way way way too low, even for LES.

Thanked by (3)Ympker ehab Unixfy
  • edited June 2022

You are not allowed to work for less more than $7. I may be new. I don't know the rules.

• Fair play to you for seeking some work, I don't have any but I'd consider you for taking the initiative if I did!

Best of luck!

edited June 2022

@willie said:
    What country are you in? Your asking rate is way way way too low, even for LES.

Poland (4,39 USD p/h minimum wage)

@shallow said:
    You are not allowed to work for less more than $7. I may be new. I don't know the rules.

Contracted work can work for whatever amount they deem good, plus if ya want to pay me the minimum US wage id be very happy (nvm seen what you did there LOL)

@chris said:
    Fair play to you for seeking some work, I don't have any but I'd consider you for taking the initiative if I did!

Best of luck!

Thanks so much! And tbh my hours are nice for some hosting companies, especially ones whose clients are mainly enthusiasts and mostly work on their personal projects on weekends and want that support on weekends

• @skorupion said: Contracted work can work for whatever amount they deem good, plus if ya want to pay me the minimum US wage id be very happy

It is a matter of supply and demand. If you know what you are doing, you should charge a lot more than the US minimum.

@willie said:

@skorupion said: Contracted work can work for whatever amount they deem good, plus if ya want to pay me the minimum US wage id be very happy

It is a matter of supply and demand. If you know what you are doing, you should charge a lot more than the US minimum.

As I've said I have super little experience to show, and I can always get a promotion, I want to mainly do this to have some money to throw around and have some fun, and mainly get experience, as many companies want 2-3+ years of experience for a good salary

• Based on the description in your first post I still think you are charging way too little. I look at that number and think "this person must be completely useless, or else they would charge more". That is the reality of all independent tech work. If you want people to take you seriously, increase your rates.

• Just let him be.

Thanked by (1)ElonBezos

@willie said:
    Based on the description in your first post I still think you are charging way too little. I look at that number and think "this person must be completely useless, or else they would charge more". That is the reality of all independent tech work. If you want people to take you seriously, increase your rates.

What do you recon with zero experience in working hosting related job, but more personal stuff should charge?

@Samael said:
    Just let him be.

tbh might learn something from @willie that's why I'm not just ignoring him

edited June 2022

I'm gona also tag @seriesn as nexusbytes is a very cool company :3

Also, it seems like he disappeared from LES weird, and also kinda sad

• @skorupion said: What do you recon with zero experience in working hosting related job, but more personal stuff should charge?

At least 15 USD/hour, if you are clueful at all about the stuff you mentioned in your first post. Preferably higher. Where is @MikePT? He'd know more about this.

• @skorupion said:

Not disappeared, haven’t you seen the selfie thread in OGF? Support mode just changed from online to face to face lol

Why?

@jmaxwell said:

@skorupion said:

Not disappeared, haven’t you seen the selfie thread in OGF? Support mode just changed from online to face to face lol

not on OGF

Update: Directly DMd some companies we will see how that goes

Thanked by (2)Ympker lentro

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited June 2022

@skorupion is a really cool guy and is always looking to help :) Was just on a call with him and he seems very motivated to get a job and to improve his skills. Maybe someone has a position for this guy or just a way to gather more experience :)

Thanked by (3)skorupion Mason iandk
  • Did you try to create a profile on LinkedIn?

How much is offered for such work with a work permit in the United States?

edited June 2022

@Mulder said:
    Did you try to create a profile on LinkedIn?

How much is offered for such work with a work permit in the United States?

No linked in as I'm trying to work for a company that has a presence here, as I know I can then contact the boss somewhat easily (when they are on forums like this), also I don't live in us so don't need a work permit (remote position) & you are offered based on what your knowledge is and workload so cant really say an exact amount

• williewillie OG
    edited June 2022

@Mulder said: How much is offered for such work with a work permit in the United States?

At least 20-25/hour. Hopefully more, I don't really follow this market. But the # originally mentioned was ridiculous. @Mason can you let this guy answer a few LES tickets or something? @Neoon ? Is @Not_Oles still running metal labs?

• @willie said:

@Mulder said: How much is offered for such work with a work permit in the United States?

At least 20-25/hour. Hopefully more, I don't really follow this market. But the # originally mentioned was ridiculous. @Mason can you let this guy answer a few LES tickets or something? @Neoon ? Is @Not_Oles still running metal labs?

What? How do I suppose do know.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@willie said: @Mason can you let this guy answer a few LES tickets or something?

Possibly. @skorupion - aside from sysadmin type stuff, how's your coding chops? Any PHP or web development experience? May have some development work that could be done on the site that we could pass your way.

@Neoon said: What? How do I suppose do know.

I think @willie was suggesting that maybe there's some sysadmin opportunities for nanokvm/microlxc that he could assist with.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

@Mason said: Possibly. @skorupion - aside from sysadmin type stuff, how's your coding chops? Any PHP or web development experience? May have some development work that could be done on the site that we could pass your way.

Let's move over to DMs for this

@Mason said: I think @willie was suggesting that maybe there's some sysadmin opportunities for nanokvm/microlxc that he could assist with.

Also, this, can be unpaid, summer is coming and I will have WAY too much free time, might as well spend it on learning

• You are charging way too low. BTW how old are you?

@Boogeyman said:
    You are charging way too low. BTW how old are you?

17, and so far I have talked mainly with @lentro and might be able to get something in 2 months, but until this time is up I'm still waiting on others to maybe offer me something.

Thanked by (2)lentro Ympker

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2022

This surprised me. From my past dealings with you, I would have to say you are a very intelligent 17 year old. For anyone looking for help, grab this kid quick before he realizes how much intelligent, trustworthy, employees are worth.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@FrankZ said:

This surprised me. From my past dealings with you, I would have to say you are a very intelligent 17 year old. For anyone looking for help, grab this kid quick before he realizes how much intelligent, trustworthy, employees are worth.

First of all thank you for the compliment. Also I'm just barely 17 (had my bday on 10th of June). Also got a offer from @lentro and honesly I feel like his company is a good starting point of my journey.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider
    edited June 2022

@FrankZ said: 17 year old

Do not underestimate the power of us young people! I started selling web hosting on servers I had bought on eBay to friends when I was 13. Took out a loan for $25k at 15. I'm not much older now, and neither are the people I work with, but we do some amazing things (in my opinion, haha).

@skorupion said: Also got a offer from @lentro and honesly I feel like his company is a good starting point of my journey.

Woohoo! Not a traditional offer (basically a small amount of money to do whatever you want — handle support, write articles, develop software, whatever...), and we'll still have to video call to iron out specifics. But super happy to see that you're psyched!

~ Jonathan @ TensorDock

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited June 2022

@lentro said:

@FrankZ said: 17 year old

Do not underestimate the power of us young people! I started selling web hosting on servers I had bought on eBay to friends when I was 13. Took out a loan for $25k at 15. I'm not much older now, and neither are the people I work with, but we do some amazing things (in my opinion, haha).

@skorupion said: Also got a offer from @lentro and honesly I feel like his company is a good starting point of my journey.

Woohoo! Not a traditional offer (basically a small amount of money to do whatever you want — handle support, write articles, develop software, whatever...), and we'll still have to video call to iron out specifics. But super happy to see that you're psyched!

~ Jonathan @ TensorDock

That's awesome! Glad you were able to offer @skorupion an opportunity and, even better, an environment to grow in :)

You probably remember from when I told you how I got into tech a while ago when we had a longer chat, but I also started selling (game-)servers and hosting services as a teenager :D Heck, I surely sold myself short, but in the end I was working with 2-3 good friends from a forum, who joined the project and I am sure we learned lots along the way. I wouldn't want to trade these experiences and this time for no money.

@skorupion all the best for your future endeavours :) I am genuinely happy you were able to find a job. Now you probably won't have to do Crello anymore haha

Cheers and a hooray for our awesome community members! :)