[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited August 2022

@skorous You nailed it - better memory than me, unsurprisingly. :) I thought he mentioned dropping it; may well be mistaken.

Some context.. Out of 12 active VPS, I have the following status.
    1 x manually offline pending transfer to vyas.
    1 x manually offline due to it not having 2 additional IP addresses.
    1 x offline DALZ007 256MB RAM due to being totally fubar. Would be transferred to another member had it been working.
    9 x operational, of which 7 of them are and have been stable, since Migration. Some were auto-migrated, others paid for.
    (12 x no rDNS, so system emails are being rejected.)

I'd like things to be better but, hey, Virmach will get to them eventually (being unusually optimistic!).

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said: (12 x no rDNS, so system emails are being rejected.)

You mean like overnight cron's, etc... ? Considered setting up one server to relay through MXroute or something and pointing everybody at that?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • ^ Yeah, a lot of pissing about and MXRoute still rejects cron/system emails, as I've found with my main servers. :(
    Total PITA.

• I tried MXRoute once, it was very strict - no domain, wrong domain, no user, no header something something - I understand, but I just wanted crontab e-mails (-:
    Ended with free sendgrid and theirs SMTP relay.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said: For dedicated servers, we now have about 30% of them available for immediate provisioning. I fell behind on handing them out the last two days as several other tasks came up such as fixing ATLZ007 which went down again, as well as configuring several new nodes and troubleshooting the last dozen builds I need to send out and probably a dozen other smaller tasks, but we're on track to finish all the deliveries today.

Is it better to create a ticket if I'm not in a hurry because you can allocate that server to someone else or is it worse because you're already overwhelmed with tickets? I originally just did nothing figuring that was best but it sounds like I should put one in.

@VirMach said: As for customer Ryzen builds, we did have a smaller portion of the E3 purchases being upgraded by customers to Ryzen builds, I believe 3600X. We just couldn't do those because all the motherboards ended up being used for the VPS builds. The prices on those also went up and the only alternative required a KVM switch setup for IPMI which meant we had to more specifically plan out exactly which cabinets they went into and it ended up being a logistical nightmare with everything else going on. Again, this was just a small quantity of them so it's basically just a footnote to the whole scenario.

Is this the final state version of Ryzen dedi- upgrades? I had planned to upgrade both of mine when the time came but I thought that was something that was going to happen later. Other than the initial message I never heard anything about it. Would still like to do it tbh.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Yeah, a lot of pissing about and MXRoute still rejects cron/system emails, as I've found with my main servers. :(
    Total PITA.

@Jab said:
    I tried MXRoute once, it was very strict - no domain, wrong domain, no user, no header something something - I understand, but I just wanted crontab e-mails (-:

Interesting. I've just set it up fairly recently and only have two or three systems relaying through it but haven't had a problem. Guess I have something to look forward to. :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2022

@skorous said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Yeah, a lot of pissing about and MXRoute still rejects cron/system emails, as I've found with my main servers. :(
    Total PITA.

@Jab said:
    I tried MXRoute once, it was very strict - no domain, wrong domain, no user, no header something something - I understand, but I just wanted crontab e-mails (-:

Interesting. I've just set it up fairly recently and only have two or three systems relaying through it but haven't had a problem. Guess I have something to look forward to. :)

I have mail servers that all my VMs emails get relayed through because many of these VMs do not have rDNS and some providers have blocked ports 25, 465, 587. I will post how I do it using sendmail in case it may be helpful to anyone.

1. On each VPS I use sendmail so I add the following to sendmail.mc

CLIENT_OPTIONS(`Family=inet6,Addr=::ffff:[IPv4ofVM]')dnl

define(SMART_HOST',relay.[relaymailserverdomainname]')dnl

define(RELAY_MAILER_ARGS',TCP $h 1111')dnl

I use port 1111 for the relays so as to avoid issues on providers that block ports 25, 465, and 587.

Then m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
    Edit /etc/aliases to send root email as nodename@domailname
    and restart mail server on VM.
    2. On the relay mail server I setup a /etc/hosts file with all the IPs and the host names of the servers that I wish to relay mail from.
    3. On the relay mail server I add the IPv4s of all the VMs I wish to relay mail from in /etc/mail/access
    Then makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access
    4. Restart mail server.

If you wish to only relay system emails to yourself you can add the the domain used in /etc/aliases for root to /etc/mail/local-host-names add the appropriate entries in /etc/mail/virtusertable , install dovecot and pick them up directly from the relay mail server or ....
    To relay via mxroute add the following to the steps above before restarting relay mail server.

1. On the relay mail server add the following to sendmail.mc

define(RELAY_MAILER_ARGS',TCP $h 587')
    define(confAUTH_MECHANISMS',EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
    FEATURE(authinfo',hash /etc/mail/authinfo')dnl

Then m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

and make a /etc/mail/authinfo file with the following info all on one line.

AuthInfo:[hostname].mxlogin.com "U:[yourmxrouteusername]@[hostname].mxlogin.com" "I:[yourmxrouteusername]@[hostname].mxlogin.com" "P:[yourmxroutepassword]" "M:PLAIN"

Enable and start saslauthd.service.

Done.

I am sure this can be done in a similar fashion on postfix, but I still use sendmail so it is what it is. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said: I am sure this can be done in a similar fashion on postfix, but I still use sendmail so it is what it is. :)

( chuckle ) I started reading this and said, "Whoa .... old school."

• I started reading this and said, "Whoa ... who got time for dat?"

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@skorous said: ( chuckle ) I started reading this and said, "Whoa .... old school."

Yea, I built a SPF milter for sendmail years ago which I still use on my mail servers, along with using a modified version of MailScanner, and being very familiar with the sendmail.cf syntax, I have been hesitant to move on because it works so well for controlling inbound mail.

Sometimes if it ain't broke, I don't fix it.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach I just got an invoice generated for my dedicated server that is gone. I left the service as is in the panel, despite requesting a replacement, because a) I still want the service and b) I assume you might need an accounting of active services for credits, replacement specs, etc.

Any thoughts on what I should do here? (It's not due until the 15th)

Thanked by (1)dedicados
  • @FrankZ said:

@skorous said: ( chuckle ) I started reading this and said, "Whoa .... old school."

Yea, I built a SPF milter for sendmail years ago which I still use on my mail servers, along with using a modified version of MailScanner, and being very familiar with the sendmail.cf syntax, I have been hesitant to move on because it works so well for controlling inbound mail.

I used sendmail for years but converted to Postfix prob'ly twenty years ago. I kinda like a config file that makes some semblance of sense. :D Totally understand the "If it ain't broke..." though.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • flipsflips OG
    edited August 2022

@FrankZ said:

Dang, I used to do a lot of Sendmail debugging, very powerful stuff. I later had to learn both Exim and Postfix, so I haven't really used Sendmail for years now. Maybe I should dig out my old posts on Sendmail from my oldest homepage ... (How to debug or something, using sendmail -bt -d0,3 or something lile that ...) :#

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Miami beach club is live. Last 200~ people left over are having their backups loaded into these nodes whether they like it or not as we couldn't get the last couple of servers up in Chicago.

Everyone else has already been moved, mostly to Chicago, they're being reconfigured now. All we'll have left are the unlucky few with broken LVMs throughout the entire migration process (some of the people posting daily reminders on OGF.)

Dedicated servers update. A few of these delivered but definitely missed "we're on track to finish all the deliveries today" mark. Working hard on closing these out soon.

Once I'm done with these or close to done, I'll go through all the comments I missed.

• Seems like I am unlucky, unlucky again >:D

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

lockception

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• LockedMach.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• edited August 2022

@VirMach said:
    Once I'm done with these or close to done, I'll go through all the comments I missed.

You should definitely visit the OGF thread sometime when the bulk of your problems are solved. Some of their issues might already be resolved, but there definitely seem to be quite a lot of some people complaining about not having access to their VPS for many weeks, so predating the CC incident, and getting very upset that nothing is happening with their ticket.

(Edited to some because I guess the number of complaints on OGF is probably small compared to number of instances, tickets or any other metric).

• My backup has been loaded to Chicago. But OS seems to be corrupt. Mine had Windows 2016.
    It's going to "Preparing Automatic Repair".... and then black screen.

Any way to repair OS without reinstallation? If I mount any available image, VM doesn't boot.

• edited August 2022

@ralf said:

@VirMach said:

You should definitely visit the OGF thread sometime when the bulk of your problems are solved. Some of their issues might already be resolved, but there definitely seem to be quite a lot of some people complaining about not having access to their VPS for many weeks, so predating the CC incident, and getting very upset that nothing is happening with their ticket.

(Edited to some because I guess the number of complaints on OGF is probably small compared to number of instances, tickets or any other metric).

I wonder how many of them actually have VPS's with VirMach and how many are being paid to make negative posts about VirMach. Haven't checked OGF yet, but yesterday people were wanting them banned from LET, labelled a deadpool provider and that VirMach is commiting fraud... lol.

Not to mention probably 3/4 of the people complaining can probably fix the issue on their side, but I guess it's easier to say "NOT WORKING!!!" then providing even the slightest details that could help fix it.

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ
  • My storage service in Tokyo,No shipments so far.
    I chosen 1. Full Refund & Cancellation.
    Could u please give me a refund asap?
    thank u very much.

my account : [email protected].
    my Invoice : 1412728

• @pure said: my account

Keep your account details to yourself.

Thanked by (1)o_be_one

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:

@pure said: my account

Keep your account details to yourself.

Invoice number shows up as telephone number.

Email + phone = frn

• edited August 2022

Looks like there's another Migration: LET->LES. Muppets optional.

Let's all sing along: "Spam, spam, spam.."

In other news:

@soulchief said: ..but I guess it's easier to say "NOT WORKING!!!" then THAN providing even the slightest details..

B'jesus!
    @FrankZ "Get 'im telt!"

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Just wanted to provide you guys with a little update on what Psychz is doing.

After they did what they did, they didn't want to lose our business so they decided to take it upon themselves to essentially force us to stay as their customer. We put in a notice to cancel Los Angeles, which had it's annual contract already expired. We also were told we could cancel Chicago since they set it up incorrectly, and created a ticket for that which was promptly ignored.

• They pretended to re-activate Amsterdam without our request, this is after we clearly moved all servers away since a cabinet didn't exist. They continued billing us for Amsterdam.
    • They ignored our request to ship out equipment from Los Angeles. They continued billing us for Los Angeles.
    • They ignored request to cancel Chicago. They continued billing us for Chicago.
    • They ignored all our requests to correct the bill. They suggested we figure out Amsterdam first, which to them is forcing us to take Amsterdam again.

The only two "devices" on our account are Los Angeles and Dallas, which means we don't actually have Chicago or Amsterdam, which we're still being billed for monthly (as well as Los Angeles.) The only valid bill is Dallas, which we have been paying. They've also charged us "storage" fees for any equipment they refused to ship out.

They will not allow us to pick up our equipment from Los Angeles, citing they money we owe them for the previously mentioned cancelled/ghost cabinets.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I can assure you that I'm not fabricating any of the details.

Some screenshots below.

@soulchief said:

@ralf said:

@VirMach said:

I wonder how many of them actually have VPS's with VirMach and how many are being paid to make negative posts about VirMach. Haven't checked OGF yet, but yesterday people were wanting them banned from LET, labelled a deadpool provider and that VirMach is commiting fraud... lol.

Not to mention probably 3/4 of the people complaining can probably fix the issue on their side, but I guess it's easier to say "NOT WORKING!!!" then providing even the slightest details that could help fix it.

It would be hilarious if we got banned based on that reasoning. I'm sure they would also ban the provider that closed paid services without notice since they are completely unaffiliated.

@AlanDS said:
    My backup has been loaded to Chicago. But OS seems to be corrupt. Mine had Windows 2016.
    It's going to "Preparing Automatic Repair".... and then black screen.

Any way to repair OS without reinstallation? If I mount any available image, VM doesn't boot.

Are you trying Windows 2022? That's been corrupted for a while on some nodes and we haven't had time to redo the image. Well we actually did but it wouldn't compile due to an SVM bug and I haven't revisited. Your best bet would be to mount Windows 2019 ISO and re-install it using the Virtio drivers under the driver tab. You'd load in this disk during the installation process on the disk menu.

@Jab said:

Seems like I am unlucky, unlucky again >:D

Most likely on the last few nodes being loaded into Miami. There's some likelihood it could be another scenario though if you're extra unlucky.

@rpollestad said:
    @VirMach I just got an invoice generated for my dedicated server that is gone. I left the service as is in the panel, despite requesting a replacement, because a) I still want the service and b) I assume you might need an accounting of active services for credits, replacement specs, etc.

Any thoughts on what I should do here? (It's not due until the 15th)

You can just avoid paying for it. We were supposed to stop any invoices from generating but that our developer's task. It's possible some leaked through in which case we have a list. If you have a ticket open for the replacement just mention it and we'll be sure to clear it up. Even if you don't mention it, we'll probably still clear it up as we get to your ticket today (hopefully.)

@skorous said:

@VirMach said: For dedicated servers, we now have about 30% of them available for immediate provisioning. I fell behind on handing them out the last two days as several other tasks came up such as fixing ATLZ007 which went down again, as well as configuring several new nodes and troubleshooting the last dozen builds I need to send out and probably a dozen other smaller tasks, but we're on track to finish all the deliveries today.

Is it better to create a ticket if I'm not in a hurry because you can allocate that server to someone else or is it worse because you're already overwhelmed with tickets? I originally just did nothing figuring that was best but it sounds like I should put one in.

@VirMach said: As for customer Ryzen builds, we did have a smaller portion of the E3 purchases being upgraded by customers to Ryzen builds, I believe 3600X. We just couldn't do those because all the motherboards ended up being used for the VPS builds. The prices on those also went up and the only alternative required a KVM switch setup for IPMI which meant we had to more specifically plan out exactly which cabinets they went into and it ended up being a logistical nightmare with everything else going on. Again, this was just a small quantity of them so it's basically just a footnote to the whole scenario.

Is this the final state version of Ryzen dedi- upgrades? I had planned to upgrade both of mine when the time came but I thought that was something that was going to happen later. Other than the initial message I never heard anything about it. Would still like to do it tbh.

Creating a ticket is fine. These don't make as large of an impact right now as you would think and in the end we'll probably have to do the same amount of work to get it sorted, one way or another.

Upgrades will still be available, it will just be after everything else. Best case scenario it would be Q4 2022. Good news is that maybe we can offer it at a discount price if we catch it at the right timing, and that'd be as older hardware is on sale but before it's actually sold out and becomes "rare" which tends to happen as well. (For example at some point in time 3900X cost more than 5900X.)

@AlwaysSkint said: 1 x offline DALZ007 256MB RAM due to being totally fubar. Would be transferred to another member had it been working.

I do see 12x VMs already on our "<0.6% list" I've mentioned a few times, that are on DALZ007 so I'd assume you're one of those.

@lesuser said: There is another VPS for which I am facing a small issue of not being able to access SolusVM.

If this is already on Ryzen, let me know the ticket ID as I want to make sure no Ryzen nodes are having panel accessibility issues. We've done several rounds of checking these but it's possible one may have slipped through with everything else going on.

@o_be_one said: My instance is offline since more than 1w, and clicking the "boot" button doesn't change anything. It doesn't start at all, no bios, no kvm, nothing.

This could be our fault. The person tasked with ensuring all VMs are online after migration may have missed this node. I'll have her double check her work.

And that's all of page 61 replied, I'll go through other pages soon.

• @VirMach said:
    Just wanted to provide you guys with a little update on what Psychz is doing.

• They pretended to re-activate Amsterdam without our request, this is after we clearly moved all servers away since a cabinet didn't exist. They continued billing us for Amsterdam.
    • They ignored our request to ship out equipment from Los Angeles. They continued billing us for Los Angeles.
    • They ignored request to cancel Chicago. They continued billing us for Chicago.
    • They ignored all our requests to correct the bill. They suggested we figure out Amsterdam first, which to them is forcing us to take Amsterdam again.

The only two "devices" on our account are Los Angeles and Dallas, which means we don't actually have Chicago or Amsterdam, which we're still being billed for monthly (as well as Los Angeles.) The only valid bill is Dallas, which we have been paying. They've also charged us "storage" fees for any equipment they refused to ship out.

They will not allow us to pick up our equipment from Los Angeles, citing they money we owe them for the previously mentioned cancelled/ghost cabinets.

Nigh Sect method:
    When in doubt, sue.

CBS method:
    Drive an armored vehicle into Los Angeles.
    Bring power drill.
    You'll have your equipment back in no time.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Gonna be honest - I am shocked that VirMach is still trying to do something with all the shit happening around :D

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: B'jesus!
    @FrankZ "Get 'im telt!"

When they stopped responding to requests for details, or follow up on suggestions, I stopped trying to assist on the OGF. I expect as @soulchief said they are not real at this point. I think the only one of the group that is still trying to help out on OGF is @skorous but I don't think he is getting anywhere ether.

Thanked by (1)tototo

• @Jab said:
    Gonna be honest - I am shocked that VirMach is still trying to do something with all the shit happening around :D

Just goes to show that he's serious, persistent and wants to keep the ball rolling :+1:

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach said: ...on what Psychz is doing

All I have to say is...

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

This discussion has been closed.