Brueggus' VPS flea market

edited August 2022 in General

I'm not as disciplined as @yoursunny, unfortunately, and so I've piled up quite a lot of VPS over the years. And guess what? Most of them are idling.

Recently I've discovered that there are other options to spend my money on and so I've decided to let them go. Some of them, at least. Maybe.

Wanna adopt an idler or two?

Here's a list of all services. Few remarks:

• I've removed the IP addresses. If a service has an IPv4 ASN, it does have IPv4. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Same for IPv6. If the IPv6 ASN is 6939 or 212085, it's not native IPv6, but a tunnel.
  • The locations may be written in German. Try to translate them if there's some weird name.
  • Most of the services are paid annually. You may use the "order date" to figure out when they renew.

Most of the services are LET/LEB/LES/Black Friday special offers. I used to have a self-imposed limit of $20/y per service which was lifted recently. The renewal prices are not included in the table, otherwise I would feel much worse about the money spent. If you're interested in specific services, feel free to ask and I'll happily look it up. Please ask in public.

Few rules:

• If possible, please check first if the provider allows service transfers. I only do service transfers in accordance with the respective providers. No shady account transfers.
  • Any transfer fees are paid by the receiving party.
  • Transfers are final and non-refundable.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider

Holy shit, you have alot of idlers :lol:

• Might be a dumb question but how do I check the specs on these bad boys?

And damn that’s a lot of idlers.

Team push-ups!

• @Brueggus said:
    I'm not as disciplined as @yoursunny, unfortunately, and so I've piled up quite a lot of VPS over the years. And guess what? Most of them are idling.

Recently I've discovered that there are other options to spend my money on and so I've decided to let them go. Some of them, at least. Maybe.

Wanna adopt an idler or two?

I've attached a list of all services below. Few remarks:

• I've removed the IP addresses. If a service has an IPv4 ASN, it does have IPv4. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Same for IPv6. If the IPv6 ASN is 6939 or 212085, it's not native IPv6, but a tunnel.
    • The locations may be written in German. Try to translate them if there's some weird name.
    • Most of the services are paid annually. You may use the "order date" to figure out when they renew.

Most of the services are LET/LEB/LES/Black Friday special offers. I used to have a self-imposed limit of $20/y per service which was lifted recently. The renewal prices are not included in the table, otherwise I would feel much worse about the money spent. If you're interested in specific services, feel free to ask and I'll happily look it up. Please ask in public.

Few rules:

• If possible, please check first if the provider allows service transfers. I only do service transfers in accordance with the respective providers. No shady account transfers.
    • Any transfer fees are paid by the receiving party.
    • Transfers are final and non-refundable.

I will take hosthatch STO 16GB if possible

How much renewal price ??

• Any chance you could include what the first octet of the IPv4 address? I might be interested in some depending where in the address they are.

• @HostSlick said:
    Holy shit, you have alot of idlers :lol:

Yep, and I love tinkering with them. But I got a letter from our utility company today about raising energy prices and have decided that I need to cut costs.

@Astro said:
    Might be a dumb question but how do I check the specs on these bad boys?

RAM + HDD are included in the list but I have no records about types of CPU and storage. Feel free to ask if you're interested in specific services and I'll find out.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus any chance you could put the list on an excel or google sheets?

• Do you accept trades? I'm offering 2 bottles of finest Romanian perfume for vps03.v4

• @jtk said:
    Any chance you could include what the first octet of the IPv4 address? I might be interested in some depending where in the address they are.

Does that work for you?

Thanked by (1)jtk

• Imagine a LES/LET flea market.

• @add_iT said:

That one's in use currently but it should be available by the end of this week.

Next payment is due on 2023-04-06 for a total of $110.00. (biennial)

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    Do you accept trades? I'm offering 2 bottles of finest Romanian perfume for vps03.v4

Uhm, oh...

@dosai said: @Brueggus any chance you could put the list on an excel or google sheets?

Sure: https://fastupload.io/en/wD9ojBDhzbrr2OJ/file

• Renewals for vps190 and vps226 please.

• @Brueggus said:

@add_iT said:

That one's in use currently but it should be available by the end of this week.

Next payment is due on 2023-04-06 for a total of $110.00. (biennial)

Ok, will wait then

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • @Brueggus said:

Recently I've discovered that there are other options to spend my money on

You got a girlfriend/boyfriend/dog, didn’t you??

Thanked by (3)ralf MichaelCee BingoBongo
  • I wonder how many servers on that list have deadpooled like vps03.v4.

• I am wondering if vps241 is cyber weekend EcoServer 1536 sale and if answer is yes if you're willing to let it go in case alwyzon allow transfers.

• I am interested in vps190 what is it's renewal price? Also is mrvm Mumbai transferable? @mikho ?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• Sir, you are, but be blunt, a total nutter. Black Friday must be terrifying when those invoices roll in.

• edited August 2022

May I ask what are the renewal prices for the following?

GreencloudVPS: vps02
    GreencloudVPS: vps94
    GreencloudVPS: vps108
    Hosthatch: vps174
    Hosthatch: vps213
    Virmach: vps01
    Virmach: vps105
    Inception Hosting: vps44
    ServaRICA: vps179

Also, what would be your preferred payment method(s)?

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @Brueggus said:
    Does that work for you?

Perfect, thank you. If not already claimed, I'll lay stake to:

• vps32
    • vps67
    • vps72
    • vps76
    • vps114
    • vps115
    • vps129
    • vps144
    • vps157
    • vps166
    • vps198

But I need to go figure out which ones, if any, allow transfers. OK to follow up in a direct message?

• This is so messed up.

$10 / VPS•year × 250 VPS = $2500 / year

$2500 can feed my family (one person) six months.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @jmgcaguicla said: Renewals for vps190 and vps226 please.

@codelock said: I am interested in vps190 what is it's renewal price?

I've created a Google Docs something and have added the renewals.

@vyas said: You got a girlfriend/boyfriend/dog, didn’t you??

:3

@jefe said: I wonder how many servers on that list have deadpooled like vps03.v4.

Quite a few, but the Hostsolutions server is the only one still on the list. VirtWire, Treudler, Hosterlabs, Quadhost, MSP - just to name a few. Good old times...

@Mumbly said: I am wondering if vps241 is cyber weekend EcoServer 1536 sale and if answer is yes if you're willing to let it go in case alwyzon allow transfers.

It is. Dang, that one's hard to let go, but I have to start somewhere.

• 284! Fck me. That must be the biggest idler collection out here. This is insanity. What's your monthly bill?

• @legendary said:
    284! Fck me. That must be the biggest idler collection out here. This is insanity. What's your monthly bill?

I have no clue and I don't want to know, honestly.

• Top Idler!

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Renewal on VPS60? Also curious how you'd do payment.

• edited August 2022

I don't judge. Hobbies can be always a bit expensive no matter what you do or collect. At least he don't spend it on drugs :P

@Brueggus said:

@Mumbly said: I am wondering if vps241 is cyber weekend EcoServer 1536 sale and if answer is yes if you're willing to let it go in case alwyzon allow transfers.

It is. Dang, that one's hard to let go, but I have to start somewhere.

Take your time, to see how will things play out - you're not forced to do anything :) Right now I have more on my plate than I need anyway - I just saw good opportunity for replacement of my .at hosthatch in case they really disable IPv6 for promo offers at some locations as they stated at LET yesterday.

Update:
    yes, they allow transfer with 5€ + VAT transfer fee that is required to be paid by the new customer.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • edited August 2022

Would probably take over vps157.

Couldn't find information about transfers unfortunately.
    Feel free to PM me in German :).

Edit: Also interested in vps272.

• That is huge list =)

I am interested and will buy vps123. Can you please reserve it for me?

Also, can you please tell me what is the renewal for vps179, vps44, vps84 and vps130?

• An admin should give OP a new unique title of "Hoarder".

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.