[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Daevien said:

@yoursunny said:
    Netboot.xyz is not a solution as it needs 2GB RAM to start Ubuntu 22.04 installer.

I don't usually do Ubuntu on servers, but is there a low memory option for it like there is for debian installer? Might be fix for now

try text based installer.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Daevien said:

@yoursunny said:
    Netboot.xyz is not a solution as it needs 2GB RAM to start Ubuntu 22.04 installer.

I don't usually do Ubuntu on servers, but is there a low memory option for it like there is for debian installer? Might be fix for now

Ubuntu ISO can start in 1GB RAM or maybe less.
    Netboot.xyz wants to download the entirety of Ubuntu ISO into RAM before starting it, which leaves less than 300MB available RAM.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited September 2022

ATLZ010 has fallen.
    My vps7 went offline since 5 hours ago and still hasn't recovered.
    I did cancel this service but there's still two weeks until the cancellation date.

Ticket #276668.
    I don't expect a reply.
    It's opened just to collect automated service credit.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: ATLZ010 has fallen.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @VirMach Just to bring this to your attention
    Node: FFME001.VIRM.AC
    is also one of the node which is affected by the downtime and haven't gone up/online for months, also no update about this node was published anywhere.
    Please if possible, could you also give some updates about this node too if it got missed out?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2022

@Kaito said:
    @VirMach Just to bring this to your attention

Yup I got a ticket #189699 same node, closed unceremoniously, no resolution. VPS offline since Aug 23. Had just renewed it- existing plan ends on Sept 18 or so. Might just cancel this pain in the ass and call it a day. Looks like this is beyond repair.
    Below was the last status message on the ticket.

Posted by System on 08/24/2022 (17:55)
    Your ticket has been flagged directly to the technical support department so it may sometimes take longer than usual to receive a response than a general question. We thank thank you for your patience. To speed up the process, please provide any login credentials or additional information that may be required to troubleshoot your issue.

Please do not create another ticket or a chat regarding the same issue.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @Kaito said:
    is also one of the node which is affected by the downtime and haven't gone up/online for months, also no update about this node was published anywhere.
    Please if possible, could you also give some updates about this node too if it got missed out?

SolusVM is currently having issues with that node, but VPS's on it are not down and have been up for 1.5 months.

• edited September 2022

@vyas said:

@Kaito said:

Yup I got a ticket #189699 same node, closed unceremoniously, no resolution. VPS offline since Aug 23. Had just renewed it- existing plan ends on Sept 18 or so. Might just cancel this pain in the ass and call it a day. Looks like this is beyond repair.

For me it was down from the time when migration to ryzen started. After the migration. I never knew the new assigned IP or node name since I never got into the solusvm panel(timeout after xxx secs). It was few days ago when I fortunately able to reload the page of service which led me to the solusvm panel for sometime where I saw the vps and it's details. But at that time too, it was down(new IP gave connection timeout & control panel was not operable)

So in a nut shell I never able to use the vps from the time it got migrated.

I even had created ticket regarding this #598958 mentioning the situation, and asked for extension of validity to compensate my situation. Which I guess didn't reach to @VirMach due to already large amount of tickets probably.

• @VirMach said:
    All* templates have been re-syncing all day and should be done by tomorrow. Templates also have been changed to the correct group on SolusVM (previously completed) and most if not all services on WHMCS should also now have the correct templates selected for the re-install tool. Please feel free to report if your service still has any incorrect or non-functional templates after tomorrow. We'd need the following information for your report to be completed: [1] service package name such as "SSD1G", [2] service node name such as "LAXA024", [3] whether it's on SolusVM and/or WHMCS, [4] the full template name exactly as it appears.

*Excludes servers currently offline.

Full list of templates:

AlmaLinux 8
    CentOS 7
    CentOS Stream 8
    Debian 10
    Debian 11
    Ubuntu 18.04
    Ubuntu 20.04
    Windows 2022 Eval**

Full List of ISO:

AlmaLinux 8.4
    AlmaLinux 8.5
    CentOS 6.8
    CentOS 7
    CentOS 8
    FreeBSD 12
    OpenBSD 6.4
    Rocky 8.5
    TinyCore
    Windows 2019
    Alpine 3.10.3
    Cd140201 (Boot Repair Disk?)
    Clonezilla Live 2.6.0
    CoreOS
    Debian 10
    Debian 11.2
    Debian 8.2
    Debian 9.1
    Gparted Live 1.0.0
    Netboot.xyz
    Rancheros
    Systemrescuecd
    Ubuntu 20.04
    Ubuntu 21.04

**May be partially or fully broken at this time and we are trying to re-template this to fix the problems.

No Ryzen Debian or other Ryzen/Linux flavour template available.

• The white-on-white text in that image reads "Note: Only functions on Ryzen nodes at this time." so I'm pretty sure those are Ryzen templates.

• @virmach, DALZ009 has been unavailable since 6/27. OS now appears OK via VNC console. Have run Troubleshooting and Network Reconfigure numerous times still no joy. There appears to be no connection to the outside world, network interface is not found. Can this be rectified or a is a migration required? Ticket(s) have been opened since 6/28. Is there any time line for restoration of service?

• @vyas said:

It's been mentioned before in this thread, but if you go to load the page for a solusvm disconnected vm, it will eventually time out with Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received.

Along the left side will be a box with Actions, under that Management. Click it and let that page also timeout for the main part of the page.

In the middleish column of that one though will be a link called "VPS Control Panel" which will load up the solusvm control panel directly. It won't let you do much but it will show you the assigned ip of the vm which should be accurate and let you get into the vm through ssh.

Thanked by (2)willie skorous
  • What is wrong with RYZE.SJC-Z005.VMS?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2022

@Daevien said:

@vyas said:

It's been mentioned before in this thread, but if you go to load the page for a solusvm disconnected vm, it will eventually time out with Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received.

Along the left side will be a box with Actions, under that Management. Click it and let that page also timeout for the main part of the page.

In the middleish column of that one though will be a link called "VPS Control Panel" which will load up the solusvm control panel directly. It won't let you do much but it will show you the assigned ip of the vm which should be accurate and let you get into the vm through ssh.

Appreciate the friendly note.
    However, does not work.

A deep dive indicates since maybe because English is my nth language, the AI technology thinks maybe my VPS does not understand English either. Maybe I will change the instructions to my native Marathi or Kannada, lingua franca of where I live.

Below status has been this way since Aug 23. I don't care at this stage about ip and/ or passwords showing if any.
    Best regards,
    Screenshot ping
    https://img.gaatha.me/WmUrNN

Video, for visual consumers
    https://img.gaatha.me/7NSlXu

• You might want to remove your VPS IP in the screenshot.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2022

@saibal said:
    You might want to remove your VPS IP in the screenshot.

Thanks

• edited September 2022
  • @vyas said:

This still contains your ip and the vnc prob won't work. But for me with mine in LAX, i was still able to connect via direct ip so thought it was worth a chance, others have had it work as well.

The problems are getting less but now it's getting to ones where the boxes themselves have issues / are bugged / etc so it involves non standard work arounds or things that can be done I guess and unfortunately, yours is one of those.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @Daevien said:

@vyas said:

This still contains your ip and the vnc prob won't work. But for me with mine in LAX, i was still able to connect via direct ip so thought it was worth a chance, others have had it work as well.

The problems are getting less but now it's getting to ones where the boxes themselves have issues / are bugged / etc so it involves non standard work arounds or things that can be done I guess and unfortunately, yours is one of those.

Glad it worked for you!
    For some (including self, I suppose) this is turning into a case of

"If --> then --> else"

Best rgds,

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@yoursunny said: ATLZ010 has fallen.

My vps7 went offline since 5 hours ago and still hasn't recovered.
    I did cancel this service but there's still two weeks until the cancellation date.

Not offline but overloading. Added to list.

@Kaito said:

@soulchief said:

@Kaito said:

SolusVM is currently having issues with that node, but VPS's on it are not down and have been up for 1.5 months.

@soulchief is correct here, I'm going to bump this up with SolusVM to try to fix these permanently but it's been a series of trying to get it stop blocking the connection to that specific node and a few others.

@lesuser said:

@VirMach said:
    All* templates have been re-syncing all day and should be done by tomorrow. Templates also have been changed to the correct group on SolusVM (previously completed) and most if not all services on WHMCS should also now have the correct templates selected for the re-install tool. Please feel free to report if your service still has any incorrect or non-functional templates after tomorrow. We'd need the following information for your report to be completed: [1] service package name such as "SSD1G", [2] service node name such as "LAXA024", [3] whether it's on SolusVM and/or WHMCS, [4] the full template name exactly as it appears.

*Excludes servers currently offline.

Full list of templates:

AlmaLinux 8
    CentOS 7
    CentOS Stream 8
    Debian 10
    Debian 11
    Ubuntu 18.04
    Ubuntu 20.04
    Windows 2022 Eval**

Full List of ISO:

AlmaLinux 8.4
    AlmaLinux 8.5
    CentOS 6.8
    CentOS 7
    CentOS 8
    FreeBSD 12
    OpenBSD 6.4
    Rocky 8.5
    TinyCore
    Windows 2019
    Alpine 3.10.3
    Cd140201 (Boot Repair Disk?)
    Clonezilla Live 2.6.0
    CoreOS
    Debian 10
    Debian 11.2
    Debian 8.2
    Debian 9.1
    Gparted Live 1.0.0
    Netboot.xyz
    Rancheros
    Systemrescuecd
    Ubuntu 20.04
    Ubuntu 21.04

**May be partially or fully broken at this time and we are trying to re-template this to fix the problems.

No Ryzen Debian or other Ryzen/Linux flavour template available.

Those are all Ryzen templates, it doesn't get marked as [Ryzen] on WHMCS.

Thanked by (1)lesuser

@capnjb said:
    @virmach, DALZ009 has been unavailable since 6/27. OS now appears OK via VNC console. Have run Troubleshooting and Network Reconfigure numerous times still no joy. There appears to be no connection to the outside world, network interface is not found. Can this be rectified or a is a migration required? Ticket(s) have been opened since 6/28. Is there any time line for restoration of service?

If you guys want quick information regarding your service you need to provide more information than the node name and saying it's unavailable as if it's the entire node. At this point pretty much every node actually offline gets listed on the Network Status page now as we have in the past. I know we didn't for some time but we've been able to catch up to doing that.

I believe we've already fixed all LVM issues meaning all virtual servers should have basic functionality and only network could still have a problem. We went through all connection issue - network down tickets already as well outside of maybe 4 or 5 of them and are still manually going through any remainder we detect independently where it may have an issue on our end (rare but some exist.)

• i still have #975541 Awaiting Billing Department - no answer

i guess i will keep reminding @VirMach and annoy him every time i see him post

hey virmach, please check my ticket and let me be happy again.

• @ehab said:
    i still have #975541 Awaiting Billing Department - no answer

Remember- @ehab is the push up guy as the picture shows.

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @vyas i do nude pushups only.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@ehab said:
    @vyas i do nude pushups only.

with genitals hidden in between thighs or embracing the gravitational pull?

Thanked by (1)ehab

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Need some feedback: We're acquiring additional IPv4 and trying to avoid Cogent. Does anyone from China have any opinion or useful information regarding Alibaba Cloud IPv4 in case we decide to lease them?

edited September 2022

@ehab said:

We need at least 12 tags across 5+ pages to be able to see your message.

(edit) I processed 1/3rd of refund queue a couple days ago, I'm trying to process the rest soon but a few other things came up as they always do...

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2022

@VirMach said:

@ehab said:

We need at least 12 tags across 5+ pages to be able to see your message.

(edit) I processed 1/3rd of refund queue a couple days ago, I'm trying to process the rest soon but a few other things came up as they always do...

Delay is fine, knowing you respond to the frustration/ smartypants/ even some aggressive comments with aplomb. Keeps things interesting

I will remember the 12 / 5 rule from now on.

So here goes

@virmach my tiket #189699 please..

• edited September 2022

VPS on DALZ005 was unstable today, now control panel say
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

now is up but SLOOOWWW waiting still to ssh in

This discussion has been closed.