[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said: It just means you can't buy additional migrations from us or use the Ryzen migrate feature.

I don't understand this kind of limitation at all. Does this mean that I have to do everything through support tickets or is it just a ban on changing location? If the latter, then probably even the abusers who moved to Tokyo did not receive this.

@VirMach said: I don't understand how you're displeased because you assume what's being talked about is not worthy because it, according to your words, concerns maybe 5% of our customers.

No displeased. I just know from experience that solving problems through tickets in VirMach is very often delayed and / or does not bring results, especially since in hot times you recommend not opening tickets if a solution can be found or answered on the forum. However, here everyone is passionate about discussing something that does not concern me at all. Peace.

• @VirMach said:

Expect some potential errors

Noted

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

@Unicom said: I don't understand this kind of limitation at all. Does this mean that I have to do everything through support tickets or is it just a ban on changing location? If the latter, then probably even the abusers who moved to Tokyo did not receive this.

You're in a group that's restricted from purchasing new products. You shouldn't be able to make an order without it going into manual review (and others in that group.) It's a light solution where otherwise we'd have to close your account. So we partially created it to avoid having to take more drastic actions but to at least mitigate additional issues in the future.

If the abusers to Tokyo were in that group they wouldn't be able to do it either. Most of those were in another group for breaking terms of service for Black Friday purchases and the developer forgot to add that into the restrictions at the time.

@Unicom said: However, here everyone is passionate about discussing something that does not concern me at all. Peace.

A few people did discuss the issue you were facing and it we looked into it as a result and did make modifications to make sure other packages could use the migration button. You just also have a secondary issue on your account.

@bakageta said: I think in the past you mentioned that when you change the details of plans it has a side-effect of messing with old packages that share the same plan name, I've still got an old Pro+ LITE from 2018 active, are these changes something I need to worry about affecting my plan as well?

Yeah the name could change, the operating systems, and potentially options that appear that you selected on your purchase. So if we add a 100Mbps option to your package then it could say 100Mbps but it doesn't mean it's 100Mbps because the actual port speed wouldn't change.

Thanked by (1)bakageta
  • edited September 2022

@VirMach, forgive me if this has already been covered, but do you use voice to text, have a scribe, or aren't the primary individual performing all the technical troubleshooting to resolve all the outstanding issues? Your posts are well worded and often rather lengthy which leads me to believe they're consuming a lot of your time? Perhaps I'm just a slow typer.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited September 2022

@rogerwilco said:
    @VirMach, forgive me if this has already been covered, but do you use voice to text, have a scribe, or aren't the primary individual performing all the technical troubleshooting to resolve all the outstanding issues? Your posts are well worded and often rather lengthy which leads me to believe they're consuming a lot of your time? Perhaps I'm just a slow typer.

rumour has it that @Virmach has two sets of hands- one pair for typing, other for doing all other (mostly boring) life stuff.

Thanked by (3)imok skorous AlwaysSkint

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @VirMach said:

@mayiprint said:
    @VirMach VPS has not been available since June. There is no information to know the progress of the processing.
    Node: LA10GKVM14

The plan for the old nodes that failed is to at the very least refund everyone for the unused time since it went offline. We were discussing internally how we wanted to proceed in the coming days and once it's finalized, an announcement will be made, most likely via e-mail.

These were the nodes:

LAKVM9, LAKVM26, LA10GKVM14.

As far as I remember, they were all part of a mass power failure event that caused PSU to die and data was lost from RAID controller and other failures and/or human error by datacenter techs. Since these occurred at the worst possible time while we were doing everything else at peak workloads, and were already falling behind, it wasn't possible to work them into the schedule and I do apologize for it having taken such a long time (and the lack of official updates) but we have been working on it more recently. We haven't forgot about them.

Hello,error node is been more than half a month and still no solution?replacing the failed node is also a method.

• @rogerwilco said:

Thanked by (2)VirMach AlwaysSkint
  • @vyas said:

rumour has it that @Virmach has two sets of hands- one pair for typing, other for doing all other (mostly boring) life stuff.

I heard he only shuts down half his brain at a time like dolphins do so he can write those long messages while sleeping.

Thanked by (1)theloafingone
  • At this point, typing up responses is probably a bit of stress relief when he needs a break from all the other stuff. And to document what is being done for later use as well maybe?

edited September 2022

@rogerwilco said:

I type pretty fast fast. Lots of practice* and I have a lot of different keyboards and keyboard types and essentially found the best one over the years that improves my typing speed. I actually need a replacement because this one has worn out from how much I've had to type over the last few months, where each individual switch starts having random issues and I have to keep popping them out with replacements. From standing up and working on servers so much and using different keyboards and computers my efficiency is a little bit lower than usual as well.

On a typing test, touch typing, usually I'd say 140wpm if I'm well situated. Recently 120-125wpm. 99-100% accuracy.

I do type faster when I'm writing my own words rather than taking a typing test but that's more tedious to measure. It also helps if I'm mainly typing the words I normally use versus random ones, and I'm not a very fast reader. I'd estimate "real world" at around maybe 160wpm peak.

Still not as quick as a few of my friends that type "properly." I never "learned" how to type so it's just my own method. I mainly use only a few fingers, mostly just my index fingers (probably 95% of keystrokes are my index fingers) outside of ctrl+space+enter and a few other keys that might end up being delegated to a pinky finger or thumb. I've recently been trying to incorporate more fingers but it's pretty funny because now some keys, depending on the word or I guess randomly, whatever finger decides to hit a key first wins, depending on what key the index finger was on previously (aka the location of my hand) and where the other fingers are situated. So I guess my brain just knows what key the index finger is hovering over at that time and whatever finger has the fastest travel time to the next keystroke takes over randomly. I don't actually know if this makes it faster or slower and don't really have a say in it.

I've also gotten quite good at typing on phones but in this generation it's probably less impressive, although my situation is probably a little bit different. On a Galaxy Z Fold 2 with the larger screen this translates to around 80-90wpm. It works out well for me since I'm already used to using two fingers so I just mash everything with my thumbs and I'm able to touch type on it with the right key size settings without looking at the keyboard.

Final fun fact, one time I took off all my keyboards and only typed on the nubs mostly out of laziness because my cat knocked them all over and I didn't feel like putting them back in place at the time. Anyway, I got up to around 90wpm peak without keycaps and had to basically redo my whole typing style when it came to the space bar and a few other keys because I don't hit the spacebar right at the center, it's off to the side. So that ultimately slowed me down a lot.

Voice to text would definitely be slower for me. I'm not great in phone calls and I'd also spend more time correcting all the errors.

*Footnote, the asterisk marks where I was going to stop with my response to this question but I thought it'd be fitting if I gave a very long reply instead.

@rogerwilco said:

Fun fact, I can type around 50-60 words per minute with one hand but usually faster if it doesn't require any punctuations and such (and my accuracy is a lot lower.) Works out well in informal situations and with autocorrect.

Example:

fun fact i can type around 50-60 wpm with one hand but usualy faster if it doesnt require any punctuiations and such and my accuracy is a lot lower. works ourt well in informal situations and with auto correct

It's pretty much useless though outside of some rare situations like if I'm eating and responding to a friend or petting my cat, because even if the rumors are true, I'm pretty bad at multitasking when it comes to something like that. I'd make a terrible four handed juggler and couldn't solve two Rubik's cubes at once.

(edit) actually I take that back, it's incredibly useful and I do it every day, I just didn't notice. For tasks that require a mouse at the same time. For example if I'm on terminal while doing several other things.

@Daevien said:
    At this point, typing up responses is probably a bit of stress relief when he needs a break from all the other stuff. And to document what is being done for later use as well maybe?

I definitely only come around here when I can (and what I like to call my free time even though I'm basically still working.) It does make it easier to do when it's not OGF. In the past I definitely had to take some time away just from the type of comments we'd get there. If I wasn't here then I'd be somewhere else trying to interact with some people so I don't go insane. Support tickets can potentially serve that purpose but it's been increasingly difficult to treat them as such when the majority have been recently mostly mundane or upsetting (in many different ways.) I've definitely had to sacrifice a lot of normal conversations with friends so this way it's at least somewhat stimulating, and different enough to where it doesn't feel like work and therefore works out.

Plus this is a huge asset to our business being able to speak with the community. You guys help out tremendously and make my life easier when it's constructive feedback or relaying information.

@imok said:

@rogerwilco said:

I feel like I could definitely type faster after some coke but it might be in all caps and completely irrelevant to the situation.

• Kurun's previous approach could take a page out of its book and give users the option to migrate or stay in Japan. If the user chooses to stay in Japan, some compensation can be made, but the fee cannot be renewed.

• Has a round of maintenance for TYOC040 ended? 72 hours have passed, but my vps is still offline.

• Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited September 2022

@Unicom , you see the magic coke.

always bow to me...

and take off your pants

• jtkjtk
    edited September 2022

@burberry said:
    Chill and relax. The LAKVM9 has been offline for more than 3 months,

I believe that node is not just offline, but effectively unrecoverable.

If I were to guess that node is just the lowest of low priority, maybe didn't have a lot of expensive VMs on it since the complaints about it seem to have been pretty restrained, there is no replacement hardware yet, and perhaps even the node was mostly used for late-running (December 2020) yearly BF specials so few renewals are coming due for awhile on it? Not tagging the operator, since I don't really care to bother them for details.

Presuming the cheap BF special I have on it comes back before renewal - I've requested a cancellation at the end of the billing period - it will have beat the record for longest outage by months I've ever experienced. I've experienced month long outages by two other providers. One provider had two month-long outages in the span of less than a year, that might be some kind of a record too. :-)

• @VirMach . If I wasn't here then I'd be somewhere else trying to interact with some people so I don't go insane. Support tickets can potentially serve that purpose but it's been increasingly difficult to treat them as such when the majority have been recently mostly mundane or upsetting (in many different ways.) I've definitely had to sacrifice a lot of normal conversations with friends so this way it's at least somewhat stimulating, and different enough to where it doesn't feel like work and therefore works out.

You know what, that was actually quite heartfelt and I have a deep sympathy for you with that comment!

Forget all us moaners and go have a day with friends/family it will do you the world of good!

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous
  • @ehab said:
    @Unicom , you see the magic coke.

always bow to me...

and take off your pants

Thanked by (1)ehab

@jtk said:

@burberry said:
    Chill and relax. The LAKVM9 has been offline for more than 3 months,

I believe that node is not just offline, but effectively unrecoverable.

If I were to guess that node is just the lowest of low priority, maybe didn't have a lot of expensive VMs on it since the complaints about it seem to have been pretty restrained, there is no replacement hardware yet, and perhaps even the node was mostly used for late-running (December 2020) yearly BF specials so few renewals are coming due for awhile on it? Not tagging the operator, since I don't really care to bother them for details.

I want to make a comment on that guess by providing you a terrible business decision we made specifically because we wanted to treat everyone equally.

We lost the highest quantity of customers in the segment that was the highest paying (MSRP) because we didn't prioritize them over others or prioritize their support over others. I'm sure some will see this as a negative, and the people who I spoke privately with regarding what was going on with our company essentially all said we should prioritize these customers and forget about the rest but it was just a non-starter. But if anything, outside of people obviously being more willing to keep a cheaper product with more issues, that also proves the commitment goes both ways and the customers we've gained through these communities are much more loyal and understanding and I appreciate them for that.

@jtk said: Presuming the cheap BF special I have on it comes back before renewal - I've requested a cancellation at the end of the billing period - it will have beat the record for longest outage by months I've ever experienced. I've experienced month long outages by two other providers. One provider had two month-long outages in the span of less than a year, that might be some kind of a record too. :-)

Understandable but I'd like to provide the actual explanation here.

It is effectively unrecoverable at this point as you mentioned. It keeps getting put off due to time constraints. We do have enough space for them but it's much easier recreating them all in one server and we've been having several difficulties getting that server online. We were/are going to proceed with just creating them spread out across multiple nodes and it was never our intention for it to drag out this long but with other issues popping up, it was definitely deprioritized because [a] it was already a terrible scenario and it felt like a better move to ensure other servers and customers didn't have the same experience with other situations that were more salvageable, and [b] it's a real mess to fix situations like this and it takes up a lot of time relative to others where and therefore it makes more sense to allocate time elsewhere. There's several additional steps that cannot be automated in the same way.

We haven't forgot about those nodes. I think about them every day and make a genuine attempt to put some focus on them but it obviously has not been successful. We're getting very close to resolving it, which means communication will be sent out, the services will be re-created, and customers will be credited. We got very close to getting it done several times and had it all organized, the most recent time a few weeks ago.

I'm going to see if we can change our approach to avoid it from continuing to drag out any longer. Perhaps it's foolish to try to bundle it all together and it's best to at least begin working on it in smaller steps.

Thanked by (1)jtk
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited September 2022

@chris said: Forget all us moaners and go have a day with friends/family it will do you the world of good!

He's a geek, where would he find friends in the real world? We are his friends and family. That's what he's been hinting at with all those beautiful long comments. Read between the lines, Mr. 301 :)

Thanked by (2)VirMach vyas
  • edited September 2022

@VirMach Err. you finally replied to my ticket (#634655) telling me that "there are no folders available" (despite the fact that I could log into VNC myself, see them, and navigate them). Your exact reply was:

"There's no folders available, the data is corrupted. You need to re-install the OS to make the VM accessible again and if you require data recovery afterward we can try to look for any backups from the backups we took before the migration process."

I went ahead and followed your advice, re-installed the OS, as per your recommendation, and now it's giving me a "Windows failed to start. Insert your Windows installation disc " error message at the Boot Manager screen. After that you stopped replying again.

I've got yet another invoice in my email inbox yesterday, announcing that you're going to slug me for yet another upcoming monthly payment for a service I've been unable to use for 2+ months. Can you please remedy this situation for me and restore the most recent backup of my files taken prior to the migration process? You have the time to get into lengthy post battles on this forum with other disgruntled customers, so surely you also have the time to address my ticket and put this one to bed for once and for all? Thanks.

IPv4 Changes - about half the existing Ryzen customers will be affected. We're sending out emails or tickets today, so you'll (1) know if your service is affected and (2) will have our best guess for what your next IPv4 will be and a general timeline.

It'll be a 7 day notice, so hopefully that's a good amount of time. If any complete earlier you'll be able to reconfigure it yourself sooner. We have a script that pings the IPv4 address before going through and reconfiguring it, so just make sure if you do it early that your VPS accepts pings (some Windows OS configurations will not by default.) Worst case scenario on the planned date, your VPS might get reconfigured again. That day is set for September 28th.

We'll also try to provide a timetable for when we expect your VPS to be reconfigured automatically based on the node. As in we'll go in that order and set a specific. This may come later in a network status update.

Here's how the process will go:

1. We assign the new IPv4 blocks to each server, add it to your VPS as a secondary IPv4, and notify you.
    2. The secondary IPv4 will not work. You should not change your main IPv4 to this, it's just a placeholder.
    3. Once it's functional, we'll change your main IPv4 automatically to the new address and update network status page give a second mass reply to the ticket or e-mail we send you. The main IPv4 should not be changed back to the old IPv4.
    4. At this point both IPv4 will function, and you can use the reconfiguration button early if you desire. This will also give you a chance to catch any problems early and reply to the ticket requesting assistance.
    5. On September 28th, unless any unforeseen delays occur, we begin automatically mass reconfiguring any new IPv4 that doesn't ping, while focusing exclusively on handling replies to the IP change tickets reporting any issues.

Some benefits that come with the new IPv4 provider (we're not just doing it to piss people off, I promise)

• More well-known company is being used with a proper longer-term contact to avoid future abrupt issues
    • Abuse reports go to us directly so we can avoid having to enforce our suspension fees in cases where we'd normally want to do so, or avoid having to implement additional fees for reports. Essentially, gives us more flexibility. We can also resolve abuse reports more quickly as a result.
    • We'll have the opportunity to potentially implement automated rDNS/PTR requests
    • We can finally move forward with restoring additional IPv4 where it was removed without having to worry about potentially having to do it all over again for a second time
    • We get to do it more smoothly by doing it now versus waiting until the situation with the previous provider deteriorates

Locations that will not be affected:

• Tokyo
    • Denver
    • Phoenix

Locations that will only be partially affected:

• San Jose - Only one server affected.
    • Atlanta - Less than half.
    • Seattle - About half.
    • Dallas - About half.
    • NYC Metro - Slightly more than half.

Other things that will happen in preparation:
    Ryzen Migrations, Migrations, and IP changes will be temporarily paused. So if you wanted to do that now's your last chance for at least a week. New purchases will be restricted as well.

Also an IPv6 update:
    We're almost ready to start having these set up neatly and will begin adding them as well, most likely right after we're done focusing on these IPv4 changes. They'll be added automatically as well.

Any questions or suggestions, let me know. This falls more in line with how we would've hoped to initially handle everything with the Ryzen migrations and it's a possibility this time around since we're not also dealing with a million other things happening at once.

Consider all this an unofficial update. We're still in the process of finalizing everything.

@Bonito77 said:
    @VirMach Err. you finally replied to my ticket (#634655) telling me that "there are no folders available" (despite the fact that I could log into VNC myself, see them, and navigate them). Your exact reply was:

"There's no folders available, the data is corrupted. You need to re-install the OS to make the VM accessible again and if you require data recovery afterward we can try to look for any backups from the backups we took before the migration process."

I went ahead and followed your advice, re-installed the OS, as per your recommendation, and now it's giving me a "Windows failed to start. Insert your Windows installation disc " error message at the Boot Manager screen. After that you stopped replying again.

I've got yet another invoice in my email inbox yesterday, announcing that you're going to slug me for yet another upcoming monthly payment for a service I've been unable to use for 2+ months. Can you please remedy this situation for me and restore back to an old backup of my files prior to the migration process? You have the time to get into lengthy post battles on this forum with other disgruntled customers, so surely you also have the time to address my ticket and put this one to bed for once and for all? Thanks.

This ticket is going to take a while to resolve at this point as a lot of miscommunication appears to have occurred and now it's in a state where it involves a problem we're having with the Windows 2022 template as well as requiring we dig for backups.

• From Virmach' sabove update

Also an IPv6 update:

We're almost ready to start having these set up neatly and will begin adding them as well, most likely right after we're done focusing on these IPv4 changes. They'll be added automatically as well.

@yoursunny FYI :-)

Thanked by (1)skorous

• JabJab
    edited September 2022

RIP MY UPTIME!!!!11111

I wish we could ditch IPv4 for some newer, wireless technology! ;')
    7 days is kinda short, but I guess you are kinda in rush.

Please make sure that WHMCS actually sends e-mails this time (wide dedi e-mails) so it will be 7 days not 3 days after it reaches maillboxes.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited September 2022

This will likely not go down well.. Here's the bastard (In case you missed it the 1st time; excaliburz.tk) that stole my IP address on a NYC VPS i.e. what happens when one of my FQDN is entered in a browser:

没有找到站点

您的请求在Web服务器中没有找到对应的站点!

可能原因:

您没有将此域名或IP绑定到对应站点!
    配置文件未生效!

如何解决:

检查是否已经绑定到对应站点,若确认已绑定,请尝试重载Web服务;
    检查端口是否正确;
    若您使用了CDN产品,请尝试清除CDN缓存;
    普通网站访客,请联系网站管理员;

Whatever the shit that means. Hey, guess what country that might be. Ban the motherfuckers!

(How often do you see me use such language?)

Can WHMCS/SolusVM not tie a product ID to a specific IP? This would greatly mitigate this crap, would it not? What's to stop me from configuring a valid IP that isn't being used?

[Edit: typo.]

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    This will likely not go down well.. Here's the bastard that stole my IP address on a NYC VPS (i.e. what happens when one of my FQDN is out in a browser):

Just in case I"m being dumb, doesn't that just say that it couldn't connect to your website except in Chinese? ( Google Translate is usually decent but you never know )

• edited September 2022

@skorous said: Google Translate

Giving me a 404 when I try to translate that and no, that is NOT my content - it would be a default CWP page, if anything, for that site.
    It is possibly due to:

401 Authorization Required
    nginx

It's times like this when I'd like to know how to do a DDOS :-1:

• Ah, maybe it's trying to proxy somewhere else and failing.

site not found
    Your request did not find a corresponding site in the web server!
    possible reason:
    You do not bind this domain name or IP to the corresponding site!
    The configuration file is not valid.

etc, etc...

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • How does an IP address get stolen from a VPS, except through someone getting to the control panel somehow?

• @willie said: How does an IP address get stolen from a VPS, except through someone getting to the control panel somehow?

Virmach reckons IP protection IS turned on for this node, though may be yet another SolusVM bug. :(

This discussion has been closed.