[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@tetech said:
    Some of these ranges are already on my own iptables ban lists. This isn't going to be fun.

We'll clean them up as we did the last time around as long as they're on blacklists that are legitimate and understand IPv4 addresses change leases. Obviously though if we're switching from one provider that has Cogent's $20 per abuse report fee and upset with us for a 0.07-0.12% abuse report rate in a 30 day period, to another that doesn't then I would imagine it would be on more blacklists from previous mis-use.

We do actually look at abuse reports though so it's not going to be a perpetual issue.

As for them being on ban lists that don't get cleared out there's nothing we can do about others mismanaging their servers. If we started permanently blocking every IP address that hit our servers maliciously, I feel like a fifth of the entire internet would be blocked within a year. Hey if anyone ends up being unhappy though in the masses we can pretty much get any blocks you'd like if you want to sign up for $20 abuse report fees or $2-3 a year increases and shoddy contract terms. And that's a genuine offer, we just can't realistically continue doing that for everyone. It's too large of a risk.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • JabJab
    edited September 2022

5 e-mails only, I guess rest is still in transit/scheduled.

But I must say I appreciate e-mail - it's full of "important" information - service name, old IP, new IP, node name. No need to login to WHMCS to figure out which service we talking about.

Thanked by (1)skorous

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited September 2022

About 12% of tickets may still be sending. About 3% are stuck and have to be requeued. 85% already sent out.
    Looks like the 12% either completed or some will get added to the "stuck" tally.

• A lot of 47 xD

@Jab said:
    5 e-mails only, I guess rest is still in transit/scheduled.

But I must say I appreciate e-mail - it's full of "important" information - service name, old IP, new IP, node name. No need to login to WHMCS to figure out which service we talking about.

Glad you like it, as I said now that we actually have the time we can go back to trying to notify everyone to the best of our ability. I hope this reduces other grievances as well since people can reply to the ticket.

To be honest I'm still a little shook with what happened in the past and I was going to try to be vague but realized I'm being paranoid and that not all companies act that way. As in, I was afraid mentioning the addresses would result in the company we're leasing from acting unprofessionally and based on their immediate emotion just pull them away to screw us over. Luckily not all companies have their little weasels sniffing around message boards. I'm glad I didn't let it cause another round of ambiguity. I will say though last time around I'm glad we did it the way we did it otherwise there is a realistic chance a lot more than dedicated servers would have been affected. Luckily we made it out to the other side with all the VMs.

@risturiz said:
    A lot of 47 xD

It's a /17. About a little over half of it will be immediately used and the rest will be allocated to space with xTom and Hivelocity (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Tampa, Los Angeles, Chicago) as they seem to be the favorites. That means about 13 additional servers are going to Amsterdam, 5 to Frankfurt (we could do more but I'm worried about power here) and 4-6 in Tampa, 2 to Los Angeles, and 2 to Chicago (last 3 are Hivelocity.)

Phoenix may end up getting a /22 off IPXO instead but we can shuffle it around to make it work. I just decided to try to not to use the /17 for it as it makes the chunks a lot neater where we need it. That's why Phoenix got the email without a specific IPv4 at this time. Hopefully that'll be decided today.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Phoenix will be 31.222.200.0/22 because I really like how it looks & it was the longest contract term I could find on IPXO for it. We'll send out the tickets for those later today.

These should also be the first ones to be "ready" to switch to so the message might be a little bit different.

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ
  • Something's wrong: my 9 Tickets haven't been Merged! :p

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Something's wrong: my 9 Tickets haven't been Merged! :p

Yeah as much as I want to do that right now I think we're finally gotten to the point where it's counterproductive to do. Really trying to get to the finish line today in terms of tickets. We'll see but unlikely if servers keep going down.

Actually let's play a fun game. Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins... something cool maybe (probably a free service.) One guess per person I don't want it to turn into a spamfest. Just for fun. We'll go based off whatever WHMCS outputs near midnight PDT for "Tickets." Doesn't count more than one reply per ticket and doesn't count any tickets I close or mark the system to give an auto reply.

Kind of like a weird version of guess the number of beans in a jar.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • hey @VirMach do you still love me

@ehab said:
    hey @VirMach do you still love me

I was going to do your spin the other day but the wheel is in about 16 pieces. I think I rolled over it with a bunch of heavy servers.

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • NNOOOOOO .... my wheel is lost .... noooo

what to do.

let virmach sail again and get a stronger wheel ;)

have a nice weekend all

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    Yeah as much as I want to do that right now I think we're finally gotten to the point where it's counterproductive to do. Really trying to get to the finish line today in terms of tickets. We'll see but unlikely if servers keep going down.

Actually let's play a fun game. Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins... something cool maybe (probably a free service.) One guess per person I don't want it to turn into a spamfest. Just for fun. We'll go based off whatever WHMCS outputs near midnight PDT for "Tickets." Doesn't count more than one reply per ticket and doesn't count any tickets I close or mark the system to give an auto reply.

Let me start, 42.

Thanked by (2)vyas FrankZ

@VirMach said: Actually let's play a fun game. Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins... something cool maybe (probably a free service.) One guess per person I don't want it to turn into a spamfest. Just for fun. We'll go based off whatever WHMCS outputs near midnight PDT for "Tickets." Doesn't count more than one reply per ticket and doesn't count any tickets I close or mark the system to give an auto reply.

A little hint on this for those that want to participate. It's at 19 right now and it's 7:32AM.

• @VirMach said: Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins..

Ooerr, missus. :open_mouth:

Thanked by (1)_MS_

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

50?

• @VirMach said:

@VirMach said: Actually let's play a fun game. Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins... something cool maybe (probably a free service.) One guess per person I don't want it to turn into a spamfest. Just for fun. We'll go based off whatever WHMCS outputs near midnight PDT for "Tickets." Doesn't count more than one reply per ticket and doesn't count any tickets I close or mark the system to give an auto reply.

A little hint on this for those that want to participate. It's at 19 right now and it's 7:32AM.

My guess is 77 (hoping it's not really this high)

• @VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

• Lets go for 225

• @VirMach said: Actually let's play a fun game.

• @VirMach said:

• 123 tickets answered 🎟️

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

404 B)

• Based on Virmach's typing speed and mood.....I must say 666 B)

• @VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I'm guessing 102.

• @VirMach I do not like to keep badgering on the status of my replacement Dedicated server. Its been over 7 weeks since shutdown and I have not heard back on getting a replacement. Do expect to get me a replacement or should I consider this to be a dud. Service was paid till Dec.

I got that by mashing random buttons on numeric keypad.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    I'm not sure if you're speaking of us or ColoCrossing

I'm a customer of VirMach and have a dedicated server (E3-HD+ New York) which had a networking issue. I opened a ticket around early April and didn't get any response until now. As a result, when I received the email in (I think) August about the migration and backing up data, I wasn't able to back up any of the recent data because I wasn't able to access the service. I also couldn't access the controls within WHMCS - just threw an API access error. So I essentially had no way of backing up any of this data before everything disappeared. And I assume all of this data is now gone. I tried contacting ColoCrossing directly but all communication is just being ignored.

This discussion has been closed.