Free One Year Shell Accounts From MetalVPS! -- Make Your Own VPS From The Command Line!

13»

Comments

• You are routing traffic for your VMs. By definition, that is a router

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @Not_Oles said:
    I am not sure that crunchbits can do a bgp session for crunchy? Maybe bgp is not available for the class of crunchbits servers of which crunchy is a member? Maybe, if bgp were available for crunchy, crunchbits would have been able to give crunchy a crunchbits /48?

@crunchbits, could you please clarify whether Otus' IPv6/48 could be announced by crunchbits and added to crunchy? And, if yes, whether bird2 or equivalent would need to be installed on crunchy?

Thanks Otus! Thanks crunchbits! <3

I asked before.
    You need to post a photo of wearing Crunchbits red shirt in public.
    Then you get BGP session.

@Not_Oles said:
    How could we do it without me giving anyone root access just yet?

You can restrict sudo access to only birdc and pathvector commands.
    If bird2 is packaged same way as Debian, you can also give bird group membership only.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: Crunchbits red shirt in public.

If the shirt is free I will wear it every day.
    Still waiting on my HE Sage T-Shirt tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:

@Not_Oles said:
    I am not sure that crunchbits can do a bgp session for crunchy? Maybe bgp is not available for the class of crunchbits servers of which crunchy is a member? Maybe, if bgp were available for crunchy, crunchbits would have been able to give crunchy a crunchbits /48?

@crunchbits, could you please clarify whether Otus' IPv6/48 could be announced by crunchbits and added to crunchy? And, if yes, whether bird2 or equivalent would need to be installed on crunchy?

Thanks Otus! Thanks crunchbits! <3

I asked before.
    You need to post a photo of wearing Crunchbits red shirt in public.
    Then you get BGP session.

He is currently out of T-Shirts, sad.

• Nah, if you have a VDS or a dedi with them BGP is part of the deal.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @Not_Oles said: business use and the MetalVPS Terms of Service

I wouldn't want to violate the tnc of MetalVPS so prefer me at last and I if I get a portion of the server then I might use it for the intended cause or else I would be lying. Sorry for starting up the huge conversation without carefully reading the tnc.

@Not_Oles said: @darkhorse73 Are you still interested?

yes, but I don't understand all the networking stuff you guys are discussing...

and thanks for even thinking to consider me :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @darkhorse73 said: yes, but I don't understand all the networking stuff you guys are discussing...

Well, not everyone expertise in everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@terrorgen said: This is probably going to eat my bandwidth. LoL.

It's very generous of you to offer to help in this wonderful way even though it might cause your server to eat crunchy's bandwidth! :star: <3

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@darkhorse73 said: yes, but I don't understand all the networking stuff you guys are discussing...

and thanks for even thinking to consider me

@darkhorse73 You are always very welcome! If you stick around maybe you can learn a little about what you do not know. Everyone has to start at the beginning. In needing to take the first step, and then in needing to keep going, you are just like all of the rest of us! :)

@Not_Oles said: @crunchbits, could you please clarify whether Otus' IPv6/48 could be announced by crunchbits and added to crunchy? And, if yes, whether bird2 or equivalent would need to be installed on crunchy?

Will crunchbits do bgp sessions and provide transit for crunchy so that we could use a /48 from Otus and maybe also a /48 from @terrorgen without eating @terrorgen's bandwidth?

Thanks and best wishes! :)

• 1 ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGB9jHZuIvzLAFSEVQ42CwRbR5JsPEXiuLn26SxKe98m ct
    2 Discord: catdr_ut site : youcangetno.info github: catdroutx
    3 gonna host nextcloud
    4 3 cores 4 gb ram 60 gb storage 50mbs bandwith
    debian 12
    I am a python dev and i have been coding for 3 years. I have used AWS, GC2 and am familiar with internet infrastructure. Planning to run a vps host when i get a job