Free One Year Shell Accounts From MetalVPS! -- Make Your Own VPS From The Command Line!

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
edited December 2023 in Offers

Friendly greetings! 🌎🌍

Everyone's best friend and favorite Low End Provider, crunchbits, has granted MetalVPS a wonderful US 🇺🇸 dedicated server free for a whole year! To celebrate Thanksgiving 2023 🦃, the generosity of crunchbits, the gorgeousness of LES, and . . . Black Friday, . . . MetalVPS is offering free, one year shell accounts on our new crunchy server!

From your free, one year shell account, sometimes with sudo or other privileged group memberships, you can work directly on the Node, launch a VPS, a container, a proot, a chroot, or do almost anything else that's awesome, free, and open source. Compilers and many more development tools are available for your convenience. Also, at every moment, you easily can see how our crunchy Node is performing.

crunchy Node Specs

• CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
  • iGPU VPS passthrough hopefully coming soon
  • Hardware Cores: 4
  • Hardware Threads: 8
  • RAM: 64 GB DDR4 ECC
  • Disk: 4 x 2 TB SSD RAID 10 (3.7 TB available)
  • IP Address Subnets: 1 x IPv4/32; 1 x IPv6/128; 1 x IPv6/64; 1 x IPv6/48
  • Bandwidth: 1 Gbps shared, unlimited, fair use
  • Current Term Expires: November 8, 2024

Warnings!

• Completely Clueless™ administrator @Not_Oles has no "technical background" and only "limited technical skills. . . ." 😀 @Not_Oles frequently messes up! 😱

• if you read @Not_Oles' LES Talk post, How To Install KVM VPSes From The Command Line Using libvirt and virsh you might have noticed that connections direct to the VPSes initiated from the Wide Area Network aren't yet handled. Also, IPv6 connections aren't yet handled. These two significant limitations are present on crunchy until either somebody helps with them or @Not_Oles figures them out himself.

• Sometimes trusted MetalVPSians might or might not get sudo, KVM group membership, etc. 🙈🙉🙊

• MetalVPS has no billing panel and no server control panel. It's all command line via ssh until you install the GUI that you want. 🆕

• MetalVPS has no onboarding and no knowledge base. ♒︎ But, you can see How To Install KVM VPSes From The Command Line Using libvirt and virsh and many other tutorials on LES Talk.

• Account delivery might take awhile! 😴

• Not for business use! Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑

• Frequent maintenance reboots are guaranteed! 🌺

• Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! 🤦‍♂️

• Please think of your MetalVPS account as ephemeral! Our server might blow up! 💥 At any random second @Not_Oles or maybe you might reinstall the Node! 😸

• Other MetalVPSians can see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔

• BIGburger VPSes™, with mediated iGPU passthrough, hefty storage, and high bandwidth might or might not be fair use, along with your choice of open source toppings, depending on how many Neighbors are utilizing the Node! 🍔

Terms Of Service

• Be awesome!
  • White Hat only!
  • MetalVPS is not for business use!
  • MetalVPS is intended for education and fun!
  • 100% open source software only, both on crunchy and for connecting to crunchy!
  • No Service Level Agreement (SLA)!
  • crunchbits TOS also applies!

Pricing

• Free until November 8, 2024.

How To Sign Up

• Please post here in this thread.

• Please include

• your ed25519 ssh public key;

• links to your website, github, other online profiles, etc.;

• your use case for crunchy;

• estimated CPU, RAM, Disk, and Bandwidth usage;

• open source OS and OS version that you will use to connect to crunchy; plus

• indicia of your commitment to our beautiful Low End, to computer learning and fun, and to open source.

• Please feel free to include additional items in support of your sign up request.

Support

• Please post all support requests, comments, and feedback here in this thread. Please also post tutorials explaining your crunchy accomplishments here in this thread or on their own, new LES threads.

• LES PMs (personal messages) can be sent to @Not_Oles about items which need privacy.

More About MetalVPS!

What People Are Saying

• About MetalVPS

"MetalVPS . . . seems to have endless servers."

@crunchbits: MetalVPS "is literally the best deal in town."

"@Not_Oles . . . thank you for providing machine for me to help me finish all the tests."

"I really enjoyed MetalVPS . . . I hope more people can learn together using MetalVPS."

"非常感谢Not_Oles分享免费的MetalVPS为大家使用!" "Big thanks to Not_Oles for sharing his MetalVPS for people to use!"

". . . [V]ery cool that MetalVPS is still a thing :) Thanks for providing this to the community, tinkering with servers is fun and a learning experience!"

"The permanent free shell account of MetalVPS is very fun!" ("MetalVPS的永久免费shell账号挺好玩的")

"This is really really cool."

"I enjoyed the section of the OP dedicated to complementary comments, including helpful links so they can be verified."

"MetalVPS used to be a high end provider, but it's becoming a sorority now."

"fun stuff indeed, appreciating the comfortable computing experience!"

"Liking my darkstar"

"Nice trial and results! Very interesting :)"

Metalvps recommended on OGF 🙈

"It just crossed my mind that I've been using your server for over half a year! It's been an amazing experience! . . . Your services deserve much more attention. <3"

"Wow pretty nice ! Congrats excellent options thanks for being a part of the community"

"the terms seemed exceptionally fair"

"Kernel Linux 5.11 is now in much better shape for AMD <3"

"Yes, please. I’ll take that."

"it's really quite dedicated. not all dedicated are the same."

"MetalVPS-AX101 has a reasonable price"

"really need a testing ground badly now especially with dedicated core"

"the fastest VPS I ever used"

"I've been using this one from him. Highly recommend! His support is really amazing!"

"10/10 metalvps recommended"

"very powerful"

"premium stuff"

"Grab it while the hotel still has vacant rooms."

". . . very passionate and enthusiastic about everything. Not all businesses are made this way and it's very easy to see when you interact with them. You are giving the right impression with this industry and it's wonderful to see."

"I think MetalVPS is designed in between a dedicated and a regular VPS. Some use case cannot fill the capacity of a dedicated but need more CPU than a regular VPS, and it makes sense to use MetalVPS in such situation."

• About Not_Oles

". . . a certain... finesse."

"@Not_Oles . . . is doing all kinds of interesting work and sharing it with others"

"Hi Tom <3"

"Tom, you're the best :)"

"I found it interesting that Tom still treats his free vps members like humans (it's really admirable). . . ."

"@Not_Oles is really a funfull and helpful grandpa!!"

"especially thanks @Not_Oles , He pointed out my problems and told me the correct way to share. He is a good guy."

"I'm not in need for any free vps at the moment, but thanks for what you're doing. If I had this chance few years ago, I think my life would be different."

"I did want to thank @Not_Oles for always being so friendly. Makes me smile seeing how nice you are to everyone here."

"You are a great person."

"Possibly the most polite and enthusiastic personality in the entire LE* world with a genuine interest that runs so deep he even set up a business exclusively catering for LES. as a regular content writer for LES his articles frequently top the charts in terms of most viewed (according to google)"

"Really, you're the best person I've known on the internet."

"we've found that good, in-depth technical articles tend to drive user interaction and new sign-ups on the forum. @Not_Oles's Proxmox articles are evidence of this."

"It was a pleasure for me to collaborate with Tom, he really knows what he's doing :)"

"Thanks again to @Not_Oles for valiant testing."

"you've brought a smile on my face countless times "

"Good luck with your new project! :D Happy to have you around here!"

"I always love how you come up with new ideas :D Good luck, mate!

"May you continue to learn and inspire others."

"he is a great guy!"

"he is the sweetest guy in LES .."

"Everybody loves @Not_Oles! <3"

"resplendent as the Sonoran Sun"

"god bless not_oles ^^"

"every time I visit les and see that profile picture, it brightens up my day."

Thanks!

Thanks to crunchbits for the wonderful crunchy server! <3 Even more thanks to crunchbits for caring about every member of our wonderful Low End community!

Tom gets a lot of help from the friendly MetalVPSians and from many other friends. Thanks to each and every one! <3

Edit History

November 28, 2023 -- Added Warning about connections initiated from WAN and IPv6 both not yet implemented.

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited November 2023
    1. Public key:
      ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIHaem2UwH4+jp4i3+F4ZdAQoMq7LzAvM5rTHJaidRetS eddsa-key-20231124
    2. https://github.com/SushantKadam73 ; just some projects for my college.
    3. Want the server for hosting a validator node for a privacy-oriented blockchain.
    4. Specs I want : 4 dedi cores, 16gb ram, 1 tb SSD. ipv4 and ipv6. if possible 8 dcore, 32gb ram and 2 tb SSD (optional).
    5. Ubuntu 22.04
    6. If get the dedicated server for free then when the blockchain goes to mainnet (rn its in testnet) then ill have zero entry barrier for learning and would give my full dedication. also as a tribute ill keep my commission to the lowest, as it will also help me gain delegation.
    7. rn I am a student, have setup few nodes of other project and purchased all the vps for that from low end community. I currently lack the know to setup the dedi myself and with no guarantee of success I am afraid to purchase the dedi. Aspire to become an independent validator and strengthen the privacy space in blockchain. Also this will help me learns moe about linux and h/w basics.
    8. if I get the dedi I'll be very grateful. btw already a satisfied crunchy customer :)
    9. thankyou
  • Wrong type of key and you just claimed 50% of all resources 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said: Wrong type of key and you just claimed 50% of all resources 🤷🏻‍♂️

ig I wont be getting it then. its fine :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @darkhorse73 said:

@terrorgen said: Wrong type of key and you just claimed 50% of all resources 🤷🏻‍♂️

ig I wont be getting it then. its fine :)

Absolute wrong’un

• iaecmiaecm OG
    edited November 2023

Shell Accounts for One Year!
    Thx for @Not_Oles and @crunchbits <3

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@iaecm said:
    Shell Accounts for One Year!
    Thx for @Not_Oles and @crunchbits <3

Thanks @iaecm! Nice to see you! :)

@terrorgen said:
    Wrong type of key and you just claimed 50% of all resources 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe the key is correct, but the comment portion of the key is interesting?

Friendly greetings!

Hi @darkhorse73! Thanks for your request! I see that you have a new account, so welcome to LES! :)

@darkhorse73 said:
    1. Public key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIHaem2UwH4+jp4i3+F4ZdAQoMq7LzAvM5rTHJaidRetS eddsa-key-20231124

Should the key comment read ed25519-key-20231124?

1. https://github.com/SushantKadam73 ; just some projects for my college.

I looked at this quickly. I still need to look at the code.

No website? No other online profiles? Which college?

1. Want the server for hosting a validator node for a privacy-oriented blockchain.

Which privacy oriented blockchain? Maybe I can find out from reading the code in your Github?

1. Specs I want : 4 dedi cores, 16gb ram, 1 tb SSD. ipv4 and ipv6. if possible 8 dcore, 32gb ram and 2 tb SSD (optional).

This is a substantial portion of the server. However, a big allocation might be okay if not many people want to use the server. So far, there aren't too many requests.

1. Ubuntu 22.04

Nice! What hardware are you running?

1. If get the dedicated server for free then when the blockchain goes to mainnet (rn its in testnet) then ill have zero entry barrier for learning and would give my full dedication. also as a tribute ill keep my commission to the lowest, as it will also help me gain delegation.

I see that you mention "commission." Does "commission" imply "business use?"

1. rn I am a student, have setup few nodes of other project and purchased all the vps for that from low end community. I currently lack the know to setup the dedi myself and with no guarantee of success I am afraid to purchase the dedi.

Everybody has to start at the beginning and slowly grow their knowledge. Guarantees of success might be few and far between. :)

What criteria define "success" as you are using the word here. Do you mean "profit?" Does wanting "success" as you use the word here mean increased knowledge or profit or both?

Aspire to become an independent validator and strengthen the privacy space in blockchain. Also this will help me learns moe about linux and h/w basics.

Here, again, "aspire to. . . ." Might seem like business motivation?

May I please ask, what do you mean by "strengthen the privacy space in the blockchain?"

Also, could you please explain the difference between what you want to do and "crypto mining?" Thanks!

1. if I get the dedi I'll be very grateful. btw already a satisfied crunchy customer :)

Thanks! Let's keep working on your request. I look forward to seeing more of your posts here at LES as you continue to help others and benefit the LES community. <3

1. thankyou

You are welcome!

Good luck and best wishes! :)

@darkhorse73

[root@polonium ~]# git clone https://github.com/SushantKadam73/hybrid-cryptography.git
    Cloning into 'hybrid-cryptography'...
    remote: Enumerating objects: 23, done.
    remote: Counting objects: 100% (23/23), done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
    remote: Total 23 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
    Receiving objects: 100% (23/23), 6.65 KiB | 6.65 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (4/4), done.
    [root@polonium ~]# cd hybrid-cryptography/
    [root@polonium hybrid-cryptography]# ls
    aes_ciphertext        decrypt1.txt               final_ciphertext.py  README.md
    aes_ciphertext_out    digital_signature.bin      hash_value.txt       text.txt
    aes_decrypt_final.py  digital_signature_out.bin  key_gen.py           twofish_ciphertext
    aes_decrypt.py        ecdsaSignature.py          output.txt           twofish_ciphertext_out
    aes_encrypt.py        ecdsaVerification.py       part1.txt            twofish.cpp
    cipher                encrypt_hybrid.py          part2.txt            twofish_encryption.py
    [root@polonium hybrid-cryptography]# wc README.md 
     0  2 21 README.md
    [root@polonium hybrid-cryptography]# 

Please forgive me. As an old guy, I like to read in my terminal interface instead of using a web browser and Github's web interface.

Would you like to share a little about this code? What it's supposed to do? How it works? Thanks! :)

• @Not_Oles said:

@terrorgen said:

Friendly greetings!

He initially posted an eddsa key until I pointed it out.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@terrorgen said:

@Not_Oles said:

@terrorgen said:

Friendly greetings!

He initially posted an eddsa key until I pointed it out.

Oh, okay, thanks! Makes sense now! 🍫

• edited November 2023

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIPwxVtQvOzXDfOtkABsUpEKaaMNKsLljOn2qrhKp/Qgy otus@otus
    Will be connecting from Debian 12.

My GitHub is at https://github.com/Otus9051

Use case is probably to practice some sysadmin stuff and do some oddjobs (mostly non sudo, but might require)
    Probably not that much of resource usage. [Though if you have a decent chunk left, I would like to have an Android Build Server, still idling mostly, but I need it sometimes for my friends.] Also @yoursunny had pointed out that there was free BGP, if possible, can I get access to that? I am trying to expand my AS network (AS199693, https://199693.xyz) and simultaneously learning a lot about BGP and Networking.

Since I was 2-3 years old, I have been tinkering with hardware and software alike, trying to figure out how things work. I am a self learner who learns from practice, and not tutorials. This shell account will help me to do stuff I usually cannot do on my laptop (high performance stuff) and to make my expertise flourish in many ways. I would be thankful to get this in my hands. Plus, as a LowEnder and a Freeloader, I see this as an absolute win.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• Dude you have 4vCPU (Intel Xeon Gold 6152) 8GB RAM in Kansas. Not beefy enough?

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Not_Oles

• @terrorgen said:
    Dude you have 4vCPU (Intel Xeon Gold 6152) 8GB RAM in Kansas. Not beefy enough?

nah
    android needs 16GB minimum to build. along with 400gb of storage (ccache and source and build files)
    i only have 8gb and 100gb

Thanked by (2)terrorgen Not_Oles

• @Not_Oles said: I looked at this quickly. I still need to look at the code.

No website? No other online profiles? Which college?

https://darkhorse73.notion.site/Portfolio-52b67e1c45a04e5e906f8d3534c8e61f?pvs=4

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sushantkadam73/ not updated though.
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/pratik-patil-b44a18202_hackathon-tech-blockchain-activity-7052331378272571392-16sI?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop just a competition I won in the blockchain domain.
    https://twitter.com/sushantkadam73

@Not_Oles said: Which privacy oriented blockchain? Maybe I can find out from reading the code in your Github?

https://namada.net/
    Namada is a privacy-focused blockchain protocol that aims to redefine privacy in a multi-asset, interchain era. It uses zero-knowledge cryptography to allow users to transfer assets without revealing their addresses or other on-chain footprints.
    I haven't contributed to the development of the network.

@Not_Oles said: This is a substantial portion of the server. However, a big allocation might be okay if not many people want to use the server. So far, there aren't too many requests.

yes I understand.

@Not_Oles said: Nice! What hardware are you running?

didn't understand the question.

@Not_Oles said: I see that you mention "commission." Does "commission" imply "business use?"
    @Not_Oles said: What criteria define "success" as you are using the word here. Do you mean "profit?" Does wanting "success" as you use the word here mean increased knowledge or profit or both?
    @Not_Oles said: Also, could you please explain the difference between what you want to do and "crypto mining?" Thanks!

il explain these questions in one answer.
    so setting up a validator node in these (Proof of stake chain) I am generating the blocks and basically getting rewards for doing this. this is mining. but generally mining is referred to proof of work(bitcoin uses this) where miners are competing with each other hence more power = more rewards for creating blocks. but in proof of stake the block generation is carried out by nodes generally 80 to 100 nodes do this. this active set is taken on the basis on the top nodes who have most coins(crypto) staked (bonded) with them. and the get rewards if they stake with the nodes. if the rewards apr is 20% then on this 5%(commission) is taken by the node operator(me) to maintain the node and profit(commission - node operating cost) for him/her. This staking helps to reduce supply, avoid 51% attacks, and show dedication towards the network by holding more crypto etc. Now I being a individual node operator I will need to market (promote) my node, help the project in any way possible to show my dedication towards it. this will help me gain recognition and attract users to delegate(stake, users stake to validator nodes) to my node. thus earning a commission on it. by success I mean that ill have to gain delegation to com in the active set i.e top 80 bcoz only these get rewards rest validate but don't get rewards. now this can be competing hence pairing the free server I can set a competitive commission %. if I am able to get 50-60$ + per month it would be a success for me rn. so yes after the testnet it will be business use ig.

@Not_Oles said: Here, again, "aspire to. . . ." Might seem like business motivation?

May I please ask, what do you mean by "strengthen the privacy space in the blockchain?"

yes. so validators have the ability to vote on proposals on behalf of the delegators. so I am contributing towards the future of the project and in turn the privacy space. voting is also a key factor in choosing the validator.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said: Please forgive me. As an old guy, I like to read in my terminal interface instead of using a web browser and Github's web interface.

Would you like to share a little about this code? What it's supposed to do? How it works? Thanks!

Actually its still in development and like 40% completed as that was the condition for this term. we currently use algorithms like RSA, AES, SHA etc which are more than decade old and still works. but with rising computing over it may happen that we can break it (or Q-Day arrives) so to over come this we are trying to build a hybrid cryptography ( consist of both symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography) framework where we are trying to encrypt the message using two algorithms for eg. the first half of the message is encrypted in AES and the second half by Twofish. and ECDSA for digital signature. if this gets executed properly then we will try to shuffle the aes with blowfsh etc and compare it among themselves on factors like encryption time, decryption time and key generation time etc. this is our effort to increase security using hybrid cryptography.

thanks you very much for looking into it, even my teacher was interested in the research methodology than the execution so I now got some validation for my work.

Btw check this out https://algovisualizer.live/index.html its more understandable for a guy like you. On the left the titles which are in bold are working and you can try them for yourself. all the codes is not that refined as i am yet to be proficient even tough i am about to pass to now.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • ig i posted too long messages =)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/pratik-patil-b44a18202_hackathon-tech-blockchain-activity-7052331378272571392-16sI?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop just a competition I won in the blockchain domain.
    https://twitter.com/sushantkadam73

@Not_Oles said: Which privacy oriented blockchain? Maybe I can find out from reading the code in your Github?

https://namada.net/

@darkhorse73 said: Btw check this out https://algovisualizer.live/index.html its more understandable for a guy like you. On the left the titles which are in bold are working and you can try them for yourself. all the codes is not that refined as i am yet to be proficient even tough i am about to pass to now.

@darkhorse73

Thanks for the links and for more info! I took a look at namada.net. That website is very cool! I say that namada has https://github.com/anoma/namada.

Unfortunately I do not have a LinkedIn account so I can't look there. darkhorse73.notion.site seems to forward to notion.so/darkhorse73, which insists on an email and a login, so I can't look there either. Maybe you could put the stuff from LinkedIn and notion somewhere accessible without a login?

Thanks for suggesting that I look at algovisualizer.

[root@polonium algovisualizer]# ls
    CNAME        images      LCS          README.md  sorting
    Favicon.png  index.html  nQueen.html  searching  string_matching
    [root@polonium algovisualizer]# wc README.md 
      4  25 219 README.md
    [root@polonium algovisualizer]# cat README.md 
    # Algovisualizer
    Algorithm Visualizer containing algos like Linear, binary search, Selection sort, String matching and Lowest common subsequence implementation. <br>  <br> 
    website live at https://algovisualizer.live/

[root@polonium algovisualizer]# 

The colors in my screenshot are different because I use Chrome's High Contrast Accessibility Extension.

Have you seen https://brilliant.org/wiki/algorithm/ ? In some ways the algorithm wiki page at brilliant.org seems similar to algovisualizer.live.

@darkhorse73 said: Actually its still in development and like 40% completed as that was the condition for this term. we currently use algorithms like RSA, AES, SHA etc which are more than decade old and still works. but with rising computing over it may happen that we can break it (or Q-Day arrives) so to over come this we are trying to build a hybrid cryptography ( consist of both symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography) framework where we are trying to encrypt the message using two algorithms for eg. the first half of the message is encrypted in AES and the second half by Twofish. and ECDSA for digital signature. if this gets executed properly then we will try to shuffle the aes with blowfsh etc and compare it among themselves on factors like encryption time, decryption time and key generation time etc. this is our effort to increase security using hybrid cryptography.

Could you please run some of the code and post the commands you use and the output?

Could you please post a link to the course syllabus or to the web page for the course?

Let's keep working on getting you a MetalVPS account! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS and for your kind explanations! Best wishes! :)

@Otus9051 Thanks for your request! I am thinking about what to say in response. Please give me some time. . . . One item of concern is your "experimental" and "non-research oriented" approach. You know that there are expected to be other folks using crunchy. Is it fair to those other people to proceed without consulting any documentation? What I do, for what little it's worth, is keep another server handy and try stuff out on the other server before working on crunchy.

@Otus9051 @yoursunny I seem to recall hearing that @crunchbits offers BGP. But I am not sure. Also I am not sure which crunchbits products, if any, might have BGP. Maybe BGP is mentioned on the crunchbits website now, but I haven't seen it yet.

• @Not_Oles said:
    @Otus9051 Thanks for your request! I am thinking about what to say in response. Please give me some time. . . . One item of concern is your "experimental" and "non-research oriented" approach. You know that there are expected to be other folks using crunchy. Is it fair to those other people to proceed without consulting any documentation? What I do, for what little it's worth, is keep another server handy and try stuff out on the other server before working on crunchy.

Well, I'll be honest, YOLO.
    Also yes, I have worked in Public UNIX Systems before (and also used to manage one for some time!) and I know how things go, that's why I mentioned that a lot of it will be non sudo, except maybe some KVMs and LXCs. My workload will be somewhat, if not totally, isolated from the other users.

@Otus9051 @yoursunny I seem to recall hearing that @crunchbits offers BGP. But I am not sure. Also I am not sure which crunchbits products, if any, might have BGP. Maybe BGP is mentioned on the crunchbits website now, but I haven't seen it yet.

Please do check on that, it's not a hard requirement, but its a win-win situation for us, with me having more ASes to peer with and also the public having more IPs.

Thanks for your consideration!

• @Not_Oles said: Unfortunately I do not have a LinkedIn account so I can't look there. darkhorse73.notion.site seems to forward to notion.so/darkhorse73, which insists on an email and a login, so I can't look there either. Maybe you could put the stuff from LinkedIn and notion somewhere accessible without a login?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10iWoizytOAbttRkaj4vgvPXQ3lROze-1?usp=drive_link
    the notion link is opening for me but still I have converted to pdf here.

@Not_Oles said: Have you seen https://brilliant.org/wiki/algorithm/ ? In some ways the algorithm wiki page at brilliant.org seems similar to algovisualizer.live.

yes the idea originated from here but what differentiates us from them is that we are connecting the visualization to the piece of code that's running behind that.

@Not_Oles said: Could you please run some of the code and post the commands you use and the output?

As I said earlier its not yet completed so what I can show you are the basics, but anyone can do that. there's one part missing hence I cant run it completely instead I can do it separately. its not yet optimized also hence I wont prefer it honestly.

@Not_Oles said: Could you please post a link to the course syllabus or to the web page for the course?

i have prepared on my own seeing the general websites. and referred my college syllabus(uploaded a screenshot in the drive only).
    from each category added a algo.

• @Not_Oles said: Let's keep working on getting you a MetalVPS account! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS and for your kind explanations! Best wishes!

so am I getting the server for sure?

• The drive folder basically shows how i do research in blockchain space, made that as a proof of my work for a startup and and for a web3 project. didn't got the internship though :'(

• @darkhorse73 said:

@Not_Oles said: Let's keep working on getting you a MetalVPS account! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS and for your kind explanations! Best wishes!

so am I getting the server for sure?

That's Tom's way of saying "I am not quite sure yet"

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

edited November 2023

@darkhorse73 said: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10iWoizytOAbttRkaj4vgvPXQ3lROze-1?usp=drive_link
    the notion link is opening for me but still I have converted to pdf here.

Sorry! Downloading these Google Drive files doesn't seem to work. They seem to stop at "preparing." Also clicking the filename does not open the file.

The files have interesting titles! It would be great to see them! Any chance you could please make the files available somewhere more accessible than LinkedIn or Google?

@darkhorse73 said: yes the idea originated from here but what differentiates us from them is that we are connecting the visualization to the piece of code that's running behind that.

One interesting thing is that the text on both sites seems word for word identical!

@darkhorse73 said: As I said earlier its not yet completed so what I can show you are the basics

Sounds great! Looking forward to it! Thank you!

@darkhorse73 said: i have prepared on my own seeing the general websites. and

May we please have some links to the general websites? Thanks!

referred my college syllabus(uploaded a screenshot in the drive only).

Which, sadly, as mentioned above, I haven't been able to download or open. :(

By the way, which college are you attending?

@darkhorse73 said: even my teacher was interested in the research methodology

Who is your teacher?

Thanks for these additional contributions to our discussion! Let's please continue trying to get you a MetalVPS account and a nice crunchy server!

Best wishes! :)

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

[root@polonium ~]# git clone https://github.com/SushantKadam73/hybrid-cryptography.git

Just a friendly comment: I would suggest you don't download random code (or even stay logged in) as root. I know you didn't run anything, and maybe this is a VM, but I still think it's a good practice to avoid those habits.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles yoursunny

It's pronounced hacker.

• edited November 2023

@Not_Oles said: Sorry! Downloading these Google Drive files doesn't seem to work. They seem to stop at "preparing." Also clicking the filename does not open the file.

The files have interesting titles! It would be great to see them! Any chance you could please make the files available somewhere more accessible than LinkedIn or Google?

@darkhorse73 said: The drive folder basically shows how i do research in blockchain space, made that as a proof of my work for a startup and and for a web3 project.

Ok try this https://github.com/SushantKadam73/portfolio maybe the notion to pdf has some issues. on github if it takes more time to load then refresh or download it. btw notion is still working for me.

@Not_Oles said: One interesting thing is that the text on both sites seems word for word identical!

@darkhorse73 said: On the left the titles which are in bold are working and you can try them for yourself. all the codes is not that refined as i am yet to be proficient.

just refresh, then enter a number or word for string matching
    https://algovisualizer.live/
    linear search - https://algovisualizer.live/searching/linear.html
    binary search - https://algovisualizer.live/searching/binary.html
    selection sort - https://algovisualizer.live/sorting/selection.html
    string matching - https://algovisualizer.live/string_matching/stringmatching.html
    Lowest common subsequence - https://algovisualizer.live/LCS/LCS.html

@Not_Oles said: May we please have some links to the general websites? Thanks!

https://binary-search-visualization.netlify.app/
    https://algorithm-visualizer.vercel.app/sorting#
    https://cmps-people.ok.ubc.ca/ylucet/DS/KnuthMorrisPratt.html
    http://whocouldthat.be/visualizing-string-matching/
    https://www.cs.usfca.edu/~galles/visualization/DPLCS.html etccc

@Not_Oles said: By the way, which college are you attending?

https://kjsit.somaiya.edu.in/en
    Pursuing graduation course in Computer Engineering and passing out in 2024.
    unfortunately due to covid have been going to college for the past 1.5yr only

@Not_Oles said: Who is your teacher?

Actually, that was said by our external teacher who came for viva/orals.
    And our give for this project is https://kjsit.somaiya.edu.in/en/view-member/220066?type=faculty

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said: Could you please post a link to the course syllabus or to the web page for the course?

https://kjsit.somaiya.edu.in/en/programme/computer-engineering
    also the pdf for the entire syllabus and the syllabus for algorithms subject (image) is uploaded in the github.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited November 2023

@Not_Oles also if my validator plan fails I also do have another plan. I will setup forta nodes. the staking requirement is not high and has a upper ceiling hence wont need to do marketing that much. For starters it can be a great choice.
    The Forta Network monitors on-chain activity in real-time, detecting threats, security-related events and other noteworthy activity. The network is made up of thousands of detection bots developed by a community of Web3 developers and security experts. Each bot acts like a little security camera monitoring something specific on-chain. Some bots monitor generic threats (i.e. phishing attacks, rug pulls), and others monitor protocol-specific activity (i.e. Lido, Compound).
    https://forta.org/
    https://docs.forta.network/en/latest/getting-started/
    rather going to github checkout the docs page. all web3 project have a docs page where everything is explained in an understandable manner.

other projects that I have my eyes are
    https://humanode.io/
    https://gitbook.humanode.io/docs
    no staking requirements.

https://www.theqrl.org/
    https://docs.theqrl.org/ old docs
    https://zond-docs.theqrl.org/ new docs
    it's in development phase for the new upgrade.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited November 2023

@darkhorse73 said:

@Not_Oles said: Sorry! Downloading these Google Drive files doesn't seem to work. They seem to stop at "preparing." Also clicking the filename does not open the file.

@darkhorse73 said: The drive folder basically shows how i do research in blockchain space, made that as a proof of my work for a startup and and for a web3 project.

Ok try this https://github.com/SushantKadam73/portfolio maybe the notion to pdf has some issues. on github if it takes more time to load then refresh or download it. btw notion is still working for me.

@Not_Oles said: One interesting thing is that the text on both sites seems word for word identical!

@darkhorse73 said: On the left the titles which are in bold are working and you can try them for yourself. all the codes is not that refined as i am yet to be proficient.

just refresh, then enter a number or word for string matching
    https://algovisualizer.live/
    linear search - https://algovisualizer.live/searching/linear.html
    binary search - https://algovisualizer.live/searching/binary.html
    selection sort - https://algovisualizer.live/sorting/selection.html
    string matching - https://algovisualizer.live/string_matching/stringmatching.html
    Lowest common subsequence - https://algovisualizer.live/LCS/LCS.html

@Not_Oles said: May we please have some links to the general websites? Thanks!

https://binary-search-visualization.netlify.app/
    https://algorithm-visualizer.vercel.app/sorting#
    https://cmps-people.ok.ubc.ca/ylucet/DS/KnuthMorrisPratt.html
    http://whocouldthat.be/visualizing-string-matching/
    https://www.cs.usfca.edu/~galles/visualization/DPLCS.html etccc

@Not_Oles said: By the way, which college are you attending?

https://kjsit.somaiya.edu.in/en
    Pursuing graduation course in Computer Engineering and passing out in 2024.
    unfortunately due to covid have been going to college for the past 1.5yr only

@Not_Oles said: Who is your teacher?

Actually, that was said by our external teacher who came for viva/orals.
    And our give for this project is https://kjsit.somaiya.edu.in/en/view-member/220066?type=faculty

we are submitting thesis now?
    i guess https://github.com/otus9051/mycodes and https://github.com/otus9051/boo