PureVoltage Review – Good VPS, but Support Issues

I wanted to share my experience with PureVoltage after using their VPS for quite some time.

I originally bought their 16GB Bolt Deal of the Month (NYC) VPS on November 5, 2025 after seeing the offer on LEB. I first tested it for a month and was satisfied enough with the service that I later purchased it for a full year (Invoice #2025-11-28-38678).

Initially, everything was good. I even had an IOPS-related question in Ticket #198577. Support told me the speeds were not an issue from their side and offered a refund if I wasn't satisfied. Since the VPS was otherwise working well, I didn't pursue the issue further.

Things changed in March 2026.

I ordered another VPS with the same configuration, but I couldn't complete the PayPal payment because of an agreement error. I opened Ticket #551465 asking about it. I was then told that they could not approve further orders for my account.

That's fine — if they don't want additional orders, I won't order again. However, my account was subsequently closed without a clear explanation. I opened Ticket #913031 asking why, but didn't initially get a proper explanation. The account was later reactivated, but I then discovered that my existing VPS had been cancelled even though I had not requested cancellation.

The bigger problem came with support for the remaining VPS.

I needed a root password reset and opened Ticket #603867. Support provided a password, but it didn't work. I ended up opening multiple tickets about the same problem — around five tickets related to password/console issues. Several were closed without the issue actually being resolved.

Eventually, I managed to reset the password myself through the control panel.

Then I had an issue with the Proxmox console. I tried different PCs, Internet connections and even a VPN, but the console still wouldn't work.

I opened Ticket #948142 for help. Instead of further troubleshooting, I was warned that abusing support could result in termination of my account.

At this point, I simply stopped pursuing the issue.

The VPS itself was actually good enough that I originally upgraded to a yearly plan and ordered another VPS. My main complaint is not really about the VPS performance — it's about the support experience and ticket handling.

For one VPS, I ended up creating around 19 tickets, with roughly 10 related to the password and Proxmox console problems. My experience was that tickets were often closed without the underlying issue being resolved.

I understand that technical problems happen with VPS providers. What matters to me is how those problems are handled. Unfortunately, my later support experience with PureVoltage was very disappointing.

end of the day -

VPS performance was good and initially I was happy enough to purchase a yearly plan. However, my later experience with account handling and technical support was poor, especially around the Proxmox password/console issues.

Tagged:

Comments

  • PureVoltagePureVoltage ProviderOG

    Posting across multiple forums and leaving negative reviews on several different platforms appears less like an effort to resolve an issue and more like an attempt to lash out over our decision to terminate your service at the end of the billing period.

    We have already responded to these same concerns on the other forum(s) where you have posted. You have also taken it a step further by directly messaging individual PureVoltage employees and datacenter technicians personally (outside of official support methods) regarding this matter. Those employees are not responsible for billing or account decisions, and contacting them personally IS NOT acceptable and it will NOT change the status of your service. It only further highlights we made the right decision to not renew your service.

    We understand that you are unhappy with our decision. However, repeatedly posting the same complaints across multiple platforms and contacting unrelated employees does not change the facts of the situation.

    For clarity, we are carrying over our response from the other platforms below:

    "Hello,

    I want to clear up a few things regarding your account and your VPS service.

    Your VPS, which was purchased on November 5, 2025, is still active and will remain active through December 4th, 2026. At that point, the service will expire and your account will be closed, as we have decided not to continue doing business with you after the current service term.

    During the time you have had this $75/year unmanaged VPS, you have opened 19 support tickets. Several of those tickets were for things such as password resets and other basic server administration tasks that can be handled through our control panel. Our technicians explained how to handle these items, but additional tickets continued to be opened for the same types of issues.

    Because this is an unmanaged VPS, you (the customer) is responsible for managing your own server. Due to the amount and type of support your service has required, our management made the decision that we are not a good fit for each other going forward.

    Just to make the situation completely clear:

    Your account was never closed. It is impossible to close an account with an active service.

    Your VPS is still online and available to you through December 4th, 2026.

    The only thing that was cancelled was a separate pending order that had NOT been paid for.

    You were also offered a refund and the opportunity to end the service early. You chose not to take that refund and continued using the VPS.

    Your account has been blocked from placing any additional orders.

    Once your current VPS expires, we will not be renewing the service and at that time the account will be closed.

    You are still receiving exactly what you paid for, and the service will remain available for the remainder of the billing period.

    We take pride in providing reliable service and helping our customers when we can. At the same time, unmanaged services have to remain unmanaged. When a service requires repeated support for tasks that are the customer's responsibility, there comes a point where it no longer makes sense for us to continue the business relationship.

    Please make sure you have backed up or moved anything you need from the server before December 4th, 2026."

    PureVoltage - Custom Dedicated Servers Dual E5-2680v3 64gb ram 1TB nvme 100TB/10g $145
    New York Colocation - Amazing pricing 1U-48U+

  • @PureVoltage , you should probably know that for @xbugx not claiming you scammed him is the highest compliment. I'm honestly not sure he's ever said that before. He likes you. :)

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorProviderOG

    @xbugx said: my account was subsequently closed without a clear explanation. I opened Ticket #913031 asking why

    How did you manage to do that with a closed account?

    TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
    FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/

Sign In or Register to comment.