All Things WordPress Discussions

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@localhost said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@localhost said:

@Ympker said:
    I may just get Divi Express lifetime at 99$. 400+ Layouts and 30 new sections and layouts monthly :)

The sections in their live "demo" also look pretty nice: https://test.divi.express/build/index.html

https://divi.express/express-club/

@vyas there are lots of cool Lifetime Deals for Elementor templates/extensions but there's usually the yearly sub you or your clients would have to be willing to pay year after year for Pro to really get the worth out of them. Prefer Divi in the way that its' license is setup & forget.

I dont follow this Divi Express.... how is it different from the Divi Theme of BF?

Well, this is basicly another collection of divi themes and other section..

Oh. I see. Thank you.

Like it was already said :) Any more questions, lemme know.

edited December 2020

Also a very useful plugin to force downgrade to (or, optionally, even stay on) older WP version.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/

Thanked by (2)vyas chocolateshirt
  • @Ympker said:
    Also a very useful plugin to force downgrade to (or, optionally, even stay on) older WP version.

I used it yesterday to downgrade to WP 5.5.3, Works quite well..
    But then replaced it with ClassicPress. it botched the Dashboard though front end was accessible :-)

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

I used it yesterday to downgrade to WP 5.5.3, Works quite well..
    But then replaced it with ClassicPress. it botched the Dashboard though front end was accessible :-)

Nice one. I dont use classic editor anymore but it had some nice options :)

• Hi,

I missed DiviExpress lifetime deals, does somebody willing to share the lifetime deals with me, I can pay for the half share if you would like. Well, I think I will use it occasionally, only when I need design new WP site.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hi,

I missed DiviExpress lifetime deals, does somebody willing to share the lifetime deals with me, I can pay for the half share if you would like. Well, I think I will use it occasionally, only when I need design new WP site.

I still see it another 3 plus hours .
    Divi Express LT Deal

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt Ympker
  • @vyas said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hi,

I still see it another 3 plus hours .
    Divi Express LT Deal

Great.. I will check it.. Thank you.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• Any suggestions for free logo website? Or software?
    This has always been a troublesome thing for me.

Action and Reaction in history

@elliotc said:
    Any suggestions for free logo website? Or software?
    This has always been a troublesome thing for me.

Try Namecheap's Free Logo Generator :)

I also do Logos. Feel free to pm and specifiy what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Thanked by (1)elliotc
  • @Ympker I bought the DiviExpress, without actually having tested it yet. :o :p
    (Busy days.)
    What's your workflow for integrating/fetching templates/modules and using in Divi?
    You build and test on their site, make notes, then download and import into Divi Library on the site you're working on? :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited December 2020

@flips said:
    @Ympker I bought the DiviExpress, without actually having tested it yet. :o :p
    (Busy days.)
    What's your workflow for integrating/fetching templates/modules and using in Divi?
    You build and test on their site, make notes, then download and import into Divi Library on the site you're working on? :)

Heya mate :D You just outright bought it? Haha :P
    Only purchased it the other day so haven't tested it (only downloaded all sections.zip and headers+footers) on my install yet.
    Their Layouts I probably won't use much. I think most (if not all) are one-page layouts anyway.
    What I see me doing with DiviExpress is, and this is basically what you said, use their "Test Drive" to prototype my page with their cool sections builder ( https://test.divi.express/build/index.html ), then note those sections down and replicate on my WP install :)

Thanked by (1)flips
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

My thoughts on The SEO Framework Pro (i.e. the paid version) plugin - for SEO, what else? :)
    Some months after having written on the free version of TSF.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin

Off topic.

1. Do you use Autoads or setup the ads manually?

2. What is the name of the themes for io bikegremlin?

• @Fritz said:
    @bikegremlin

Off topic.

1. What is the name of the themes for io bikegremlin?

Looks like generatepress

• @vyas said:

@Fritz said:
    @bikegremlin

Off topic.

1. What is the name of the themes for io bikegremlin?

Looks like generatepress

Looks simple and clean.

• Please share your thoughts about :

1. AIO Seo plugin (is it better than other seo plugin? Not so bloated compared to Yoast)
    2. Updraftplus backup (is it enough?)
    3. Amp plugin (do I really need AMP Plugin?)
    4. Right now my site gets B (78) for performance rating and A (92) for Structure.

Using a paid cache plugin atm.

Any idea how to increase performance rating?

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

• @Fritz said:
    Please share your thoughts about :

1. AIO Seo plugin (is it better than other seo plugin? Not so bloated compared to Yoast)
    4. Right now my site gets B (78) for performance rating and A (92) for Structure.

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

Can
    you post GTMetrix and/or Google Pagespeed insights resutls? PM is okay if you do not want to share site (though wny not?)

• edited December 2020

@vyas said:

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

Can
    you post GTMetrix and/or Google Pagespeed insights resutls? PM is okay if you do not want to share site (though wny not?)

Hi,

It is a small blog site with around 100 posts only. Using Sahifa Theme.

How about a screenshot of GTMetrix? :)

Anyway, any thoughts on other questions?

I wonder if using Google Adsense Autoads give 'B' performance.

• Hi,

Additional question.

What is the best way to change theme?

I don't want to break the site.

Any guide?

• Screenshot should be okay. For the waterfall.

Other questions can probably be answered better after seeing it.
    Create a staging site if tou want to test out a different theme

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

UpdraftPlus has served me well. With HM JetBackups to remote and their daily backips was all I needed but I moved one of my sites to Mike and decided to use UpdraftPlus for it. Works like a charm for WP installs.

edited December 2020

@Fritz said:
    @bikegremlin

Off topic.

I wrote about my Google AdSense setup (experiment). TL/DR: no Autoads - but did test that for a while.

The theme is GeneratePress. Free version.

As for your other questions:

• The above linked article on AdSense shows speed test comparison with, and without AdSense. It does slow things down. Even Google's Lighthouse "complains" about their own AdSense poor optimization. :) Having said that - I never got any feedback saying my websites with AdSense load slowly. And haven't noticed myself that pages load slowly, even when using a poor quality mobile network connection.
    • For SEO, my choice is The SEO Framework. Would say it's the least bad, or best, depends on how one looks on that.
    • I also wrote an article explaining AMP - pros and cons, as well as how to implement AMP on a WordPress site (if you decide to use it). I'm using it. Think it does more good than bad.
    • For backups: I don't trust a plugin for backup. I wrote a few words on automated website backup tools that run on the server level. With links to the tools and/or articles explaining each in more details. My choice for now is JetBackup, since the current provider offers that (included in the price of hosting).
    • Any changes on the website are best done on a staging website (what is a staging website, and how to easily create a staging website using Softaculous).

Which cache plugin are you using? LiteSpeed is very good - provided your hosting server "has" Litespeed. I wrote about WordPress website caching - need to add a chapter on WP Rocket. Being as good, if not just slightly better than Litespeed, but costing a lot more (i.e. not 100% free).

Thanked by (3)Naix verd Matt247

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• Hi,

Additional question.

Any guide?> @Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

UpdraftPlus has served me well. With HM JetBackups to remote and their daily backips was all I needed but I moved one of my sites to Mike and decided to use UpdraftPlus for it. Works like a charm for WP installs.

Do you think using updraftplus alone is okay, I mean if something bad happen, will the backup from Updraftplus is adequate rebuild the site?

• @bikegremlin said:

@Fritz said:
    @bikegremlin

Off topic.

I wrote about my Google AdSense setup (experiment). TL/DR: no Autoads - but did test that for a while.

The theme is GeneratePress. Free version.

As for your other questions:

• The above linked article on AdSense shows speed test comparison with, and without AdSense. It does slow things down. Even Google's Lighthouse "complains" about their own AdSense poor optimization. :) Having said that - I never got any feedback saying my websites with AdSense load slowly. And haven't noticed myself that pages load slowly, even when using a poor quality mobile network connection.

Yes, that is also happen to me. GTMetrix is complaining nut I have no problem when browsing though.

• For SEO, my choice is The SEO Framework. Would say it's the least bad, or best, depends on how one looks on that.

It does not support migration from AIO Seopack unfortunately.

Yes, will take a look.

• For backups: I don't trust a plugin for backup. I wrote a few words on automated website backup tools that run on the server level. With links to the tools and/or articles explaining each in more details. My choice for now is JetBackup, since the current provider offers that (included in the price of hosting).

Good point.

Which cache plugin are you using? LiteSpeed is very good - provided your hosting server "has" Litespeed. I wrote about WordPress website caching - need to add a chapter on WP Rocket. Being as good, if not just slightly better than Litespeed, but costing a lot more (i.e. not 100% free).

Currently using WP Rocket.
    Gonna do refund in 14 days if not satisfied.

• @Fritz said:
    Hi,

Additional question.

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

Do you think using updraftplus alone is okay, I mean if something bad happen, will the backup from Updraftplus is adequate rebuild the site?

Yes you can build the site from the backup as long as there is no change in domain/subdomain name.

1. Install updraftplus
    2. Backup using updraft
    3. Download the backup
    4. Reinstall wordpress
    5. Install updraftplus
    6. Upload backup
    7. Restore WP site
    Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Fritz

If you are on a LiteSpeed server, think there's not much speed to be gained from WP Rocket - so in that case it's not worth it (IMO). But if not - it's probably the best (and very beginner friendly) caching solution.

Here is how to migrate from practically any SEO plugin, to practically any SEO plugin:
    Migrating from one SEO plugin to another - using SEO Data Transporter (free plugin, that can be deinstalled and deleted after everything's been sorted out).

For changing anything on your site - the way to be "safe":

• Create a backup (always have your website backups anyway - things will go bust just one hour before your next scheduled backup).
    • Test your backups - i.e. make sure that you can restore your site from a backup. Do it at least once, to confirm it really does work. Otherwise, you risk joining the "oh, all my work is gone" club.
    • Create a staging website copy.
    • Make any changes on the staging copy. Confirm that everything is OK.
    • Now you can push the changes on the "main" site. This goes for any updates as well - always test them on a staging website copy. Otherwise, you risk joining the "oh, this update crashed my site" club.

edited December 2020

@Fritz said:
    Hi,

Additional question.

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

It should :) Just download your updraftplus backup from the webspace. Worst case reinstall wp and restore Updraft Backup :)

Or use Softaculous staging feature instead to try things.

• @bikegremlin said:

I have read your article, good explanation about Google Auto Ads aka bloatware ads.

Now I can sleep well. :)

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@Fritz said:
    Hi,

Additional question.

@Fritz said:

I'm hosted by HM Prem.

Yes you can build the site from the backup as long as there is no change in domain/subdomain name.

1. Install updraftplus
    2. Backup using updraft
    3. Download the backup
    4. Reinstall wordpress
    5. Install updraftplus
    6. Upload backup
    7. Restore WP site

Noted.

The problem with Updraftplus is you have to deploy core files first or install fresh wordpress.

Once my DB from Updraftplus could not be imported. Fortunately I still have another backup non Updraftplus.

• edited December 2020

@bikegremlin said:
    @Fritz

If you are on a LiteSpeed server, think there's not much speed to be gained from WP Rocket - so in that case it's not worth it (IMO). But if not - it's probably the best (and very beginner friendly) caching solution.

The latest version of Wp Rocket is not only about caching.

It manages :
    1. Prefetch DNS Requests, prefetch Links
    2. Preload fonts (or host external font locally)
    3. Host Google Analytics Locally (Improve browser caching for Google Analytics)
    4. Manage embedded media
    5. Add missing width and height attributes to images automagically
    6. WebP compatibility
    7. Javascript (delay Javascript execution. Load Javascript deferred)
    8. Manages varnish cache and sucuri cache (if any)

I am still experimenting with all its features.