HostMantis to update pricing by January 1st 2021 for new invoices

13»

Comments

• Just a case of wait and see now. I really think the issues are more around their poor marketing/communication skill than suggestions there is something wrong or they are selling up.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

@Lee said:
    Just a case of wait and see now. I really think the issues are more around their poor marketing/communication skill than suggestions there is something wrong or they are selling up.

From what little I know about you, kind sir,(been in the business/exited, now financial world..)
    Part of me is inclined to agree on the bad marketing/communication skills.

The rest of me - as in outsider, and I could be wrong ...
    The data points towards a sale or a merger. Or a strategic investment.
    Focusing on higher tier plans, i.e maybe lesser MRR but higher margins. That being the most apparent one, the pre emptive hike for DA plans is the other.
    The freed up space from the quitters is offered back as a reward to those who stay
    Unless disk prices have dropped dramatically . Again I am not familiar with current prices.

———-

Or they are burning out cash and are turning into the supernova that is shining brighter than ever before the explosion.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @K4Y5 said:

@SmallWeb said:

@vyas said: @smallweb is your Singapore location on HM or direct with OVZ? If it is the former,then is it a big hit for you?

Not a big hit, but enough to warrant moving to a VPS at that point. Only trouble is LiteSpeed.

Price increases are fair, but cPanel scape-goating for non-cPanel products is meh. I agree with Lee.

Yeah, that'd suck. But as far as Litespeed is concerned, you can just get openlitespeed set-up on DA.
    Also, tagging @seriesn for refugee offers on the internal DA licenses :grin:

Hello good sir. Your wish is coming true this Christmas. Free DA license (unlimited/standard) user is indeed going to be available "soon".

Thanked by (2)K4Y5 Ympker
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

Still they are selling the starter plan in WHT without even mentioning about the retirement.

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Still they are selling the starter plan in WHT without even mentioning about the retirement.

I think that's beautiful. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

Their Starter plans for cPanel are OOS but not the DA plans when ordered from the website, although they are from the client area. I asked them what the storage and account limits will be on the plans going forward and they said Entry (50GB) / Advanced (100GB) / Expert (150GB) and account limits stays the same. It doesn't really make sense, as the Entry plans with 50GB at new DA pricing is $5.95/month or $9.95/m with cPanel and the Advanced plan with 100GB on DA is $18.95/m and $29.95/m with cPanel. Cheaper to get x2 Entry plans with 50GB and pay two thirds of the price of the Advanced plan.

@LeonDynamic said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

Their Starter plans for cPanel are OOS but not the DA plans when ordered from the website, although they are from the client area. I asked them what the storage and account limits will be on the plans going forward and they said Entry (50GB) / Advanced (100GB) / Expert (150GB) and account limits stays the same. It doesn't really make sense, as the Entry plans with 50GB at new DA pricing is $5.95/month or $9.95/m with cPanel and the Advanced plan with 100GB on DA is $18.95/m and $29.95/m with cPanel. Cheaper to get x2 Entry plans with 50GB and pay two thirds of the price of the Advanced plan.

Haven't you noticed these things (disk size, account number, and prices) change on the go?
    Check again in a month or two, to see what the situation is like. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:
    Haven't you noticed these things (disk size, account number, and prices) change on the go?

Exactly. They obviously haven’t thought through the pricing model at all and highly suggests that price changes will come again, in the not too distant future as you say.

Don’t you host your websites with them currently? Are you planning on sticking around?

@LeonDynamic said:

@bikegremlin said:

Exactly. They obviously haven’t thought through the pricing model at all and highly suggests that price changes will come again, in the not too distant future as you say.

Don’t you host your websites with them currently? Are you planning on sticking around?

As far as I'm concerned - any hosting company could deadpool - nothing is guaranteed. Backups, always, prepared to move...
    I do currently host with them. Have more than a year of subscription left (until spring 2022).
    So, during 2021, I'll see how things fare (unless they deadpool earlier). Then decide whether I'll stay, or move on.
    That should give me enough time to see how other providers handle the newest cPanel situation, as well as CentOS situation.
    How will the prices, and the quality of service go.

Still, suppose there's no use even asking what the plan resources and renewal price will be, until 2022. It might change several times until then. :)

• LeeLee OG
    edited December 2020

It is a pretty shit thing to keep advertising like nothing is happening. I mean even though the Starter Plan has been put out of stock someone could sign up for the entry plan meantime whilst they wait on stock becoming available.

So they get a double hit, not only will the Starter never be available but their entry plan price is going to jump up in a month to $9.95.

I can fully understand the need to change, sometimes with little notice and for a variety of reasons, but straight out misleading customers is a dick move. The email with the changes came out on the 5th Dec, they are still posting the same ad on WHT on the 12th Dec, SMH.

@Lee said:
    It is a pretty shit thing to keep advertising like nothing is happening. I mean even though the Starter Plan has been put out of stock someone could sign up for the entry plan meantime whilst they wait on stock becoming available.

So they get a double hit, not only will the Starter never be available but their entry plan price is going to jump up in a month to $9.95.

I can fully understand the need to change, sometimes with little notice and for a variety of reasons, but straight out misleading customers is a dick move. The email with the changes came out on the 5th Dec, they are still posting the same ad on WHT on the 12th Dec, SMH.

You sign up, and then they be like: :)