News from the Gutter ...

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@poisson watch for ryzen 3950x deals sirs ?

I can say most people like the Ryzen stuff, I can't wait to move everything in the other locations off the i7's.

Thanked by (2)uptime poisson

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @Amitz its a post from the future man

• @MikeA said:
    @poisson watch for ryzen 3950x deals sirs ?

I can say most people like the Ryzen stuff, I can't wait to move everything in the other locations off the i7's.

You most certainly already know the direction to roll. My data is added confirmation.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @tgl said:
    @Amitz its a post from the future man

Wow. I am mind blown! Did it come in a DeLorean?

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• in a Colonian

• Sounds shitty... B)

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• now you see what they meant when they said they collect olfactory data, its from the colon

Thanked by (1)level6
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

I wonder if people would still take part in the general conversation on LET (and by extension supporting them by keeping it financially viable) if it turned out that colocrossing was involved in human trafficking, I mean, what is the line, kids?

Maybe it is me who needs the reality check, i thought I already had had one to be honest but maybe not.

Maybe it is others that don't realize (or don't care) that every page load you do over there adds to their stats, which in turn makes them a appear to be viable market place.

I mean if there was a host literally known for many years for stealing money from people, stealing peoples ID's, buying marketing lists, refusing to stop spamming them, over charging cards, taking money and providing no service, laughing about it later, would you use them if you knew that?

if the answer is yes, then I don really know what to say about that as my reality is so damn far from yours common ground may not be possible. colocrossing and brands of colocrossing have been directly involved in all of the above, that is not a conversation or a question, it is fact.

Then to take it to the ridiculous, the absolute insane furthest reaches of being scum, what if there was a market place and community brought up around the idea that all of the previous things mentioned in my example was not only ok but it was the very foundation of the place, would you participate daily and actively defend it?

That is exactly what is going on, I really don't get it, i would love to sit in a room with some of the people with opposing views to understand it, over a forum its pointless as intent is often missed in plain text.

To my mind it can only be a number of things, I am not saying all, but just some ideas in my head.

1. you just got comfortable at the place, you know its a bit dodgy but you enjoy the banter and that is more important to you than the fact that people are being ripped off, you know you are part of the problem but old habits die hard, kind of like quitting smoking or rather the idea of it but you never do, I put myself in this bracket I suppose for the past year or so anyway.

2. you just dont care, as in you feel so detached from the reality of the machine you are feeding you just cant care because your own entertainment and use for the place simply overshadows any of the bullshit.

Anyway that's my 2c, its not intended to have a go at anyone, I found myself using the zdnet article to push traffic here and frankly I did it in anger at LET for ripping people off, I was sent a link to people on LET going bananas about me because of it like I am the problem, and when driving traffic here off the back of other peoples loss due to yet another CC scam, they were probably right to do so, not my finest moment.

Feels a bit out of proportion as in, I got a £10 back hander from a local copper for turning in a kiddy fiddler and I am the bad guy for taking the £10, that is genuinley some peoples focus, not the fact that they were helping build the home of a kiddy fiddler, that someone took a bribe for turning them in, a shit example as obviously i would not need a bribe to turn them in but I cant think of a better one right now, but I get it I suppose the severity of one action does not negate the other.

obviously there are some pretty extreme people on LET, obviously I dont consider anything said by them to be worth reading, I dont need to name names just operating systems, I am not including them in any of these thoughts, they are just a walking crisis looking for an identity.

/rant over

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• tgltgl OG
    edited December 2019

well, initially I was there for the offers and the drama, at first I thought it was just some interesting stories about bad providers offering crap and handing out refunds in the end for a bad service, but it seems its about organized crime or so it seems in my opinion, because there is clearly a group performing these actions, i keep posting there because I see people like jsg that are trying to shift the truth and its not fair for the people that are scammed there, I think that what I am doing by letting others know what is going on is preventing people from getting scammed, and thats my main motivation, i usually do it in my free time and i try to not make false accusations unless there is some hard evidence, but i believe all of us should not stay silent and witness the crimes that are going on, even if they are not able to prevent them, they should spread the word about them

@AnthonySmith you did your part by starting this forum and providing an outlet for the people that are tired from that place to come, this is why we said you should not impose strict rules, many people unfortunately I think are trapped on that forum, as you said they became comfortable, in my opinion addicted to it, if they do not check it out they start to become nervous, if we continue to improve this forum and provide organic content (tutorials, exclusive offers, technical help) I think in time the people will start to forget about that horrible place, there are for sure good people there but in truth it seems it is run by people that are involved or are aware of criminal activities and are not doing anything about them and that makes them accessories

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@TheLinuxBug said:
    ROFL. I must admit I am amused, CC went through and removed all the threads talking about the scam businesses they run and any links to the ZDnet article except in maybe the cest pit. That's pretty fucking sad!

Cheers!

Wait seriously?

Francisco

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @Antfish, my advice to you is that you just don't talk about LET. Though it seems clear that you are bothered by the amount of LET related topics. However, it cannot be helped, for the moment and for the near future at the least.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• edited December 2019

@Amitz said:

@TheLinuxBug said:
    ROFL. I must admit I am amused, CC went through and removed all the threads talking about the scam businesses they run and any links to the ZDnet article except in maybe the cest pit. That's pretty fucking sad!

Cheers!

Please kindly elaborate...

Edit: Appears I must not have seen it earlier as it has magically made a re-appearance on the front page.

Teach me to go checking out LET with no coffee.

Cheers!

Thanked by (2)Amitz vimalware

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• TheLinuxBug said: Teach me to go checking out LET with no coffee.

I would love to teach you not to check out LET at all... <3

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek mikho

• edited December 2019

I mean it is great that people don't want to have anything to do with LET anymore, however, I will continue to do exactly what I have always done there, act as a voice for the people when I see shady shit and providers. While a lot may ignore, the goal is to at least put something out there to try and warn people about what they are getting into.

My goal has always been to comment when I see things that are not right and try and bring them to light (the recent HostDoc thread over there is a good example of this, while my comments in that thread were obviously unpopular) to prevent new users from getting scammed and ripped off. That said, with how things are now, I may even stop doing that soon enough.

Oddly, this little divorce of users between LET and LES has actually shown a good light on the CC shills and employees that hide in plain site over there, as they seem to have become more active as things have split off.

Eventually, I anticipate it will just become so toxic there will be saving no one from them selves who chooses to buy from there, however, while there are a few good providers left and people still go there because of SEO, then I think someone should be around to be a voice of reason, even if it's just my self shouting into the abyss for now.

As time passes though and the shills / trolls become more animated, the less and less time I am spending there, even in that capacity.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by (1)pepa65

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• deankdeank OG
    edited December 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Oddly, this little divorce of users between LET and LES has actually shown a good light on the CC shills and employees that hide in plain site over there, as they seem to have become more active as things have split off.

I collapsed few times while reading your post cuz I cannot read more than 5 lines without rebooting. But I agree with above. I, too, am starting to see the shills.

• jsg must be one of those shills =)

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• AnthonySmith said: "I put the code in when designing the sites and forgot to remove it"

That would be an obvious lie. You don't need those analytics for designing a site, and they don't need to be all linked like that.

pepa65 said: That would be an obvious lie. You don't need those analytics for designing a site, and they don't need to be all linked like that.

yep, but prove otherwise :) an obvious lie is not always a bad one depending on the aim of the lie.

• AnthonySmith said: I wonder if people would still take part in the general conversation on LET (and by extension supporting them by keeping it financially viable) if it turned out that colocrossing was involved in human trafficking

I think this deadpooling thread is fairly decent. I don't enjoy the senseless or vile banter, but some people do come to find information, so to inform, help and shape the discourse fulfils a positive function.

I understand it if people never want to go there again, but it is not all doom, it fluctuates.

@deank said:
    @Antfish, my advice to you is that you just don't talk about LET. Though it seems clear that you are bothered by the amount of LET related topics. However, it cannot be helped, for the moment and for the near future at the least.

fair enough, I made the industry news category instead, seems like a good middle ground that has other uses so hopefully no one looses.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• NickNick OG
    edited December 2019

I was advised to forward this along:

ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

Thanked by (2)tgl uptime
  • i chuckled

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • Haha. Fuck off.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

Account verified.

Thanked by (3)vpsgeek uptime Abdullah

• FEAR THE FINGER OF AMITZ, @NICKKO!

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek uptime

• @AnthonySmith said:

pepa65 said: That would be an obvious lie. You don't need those analytics for designing a site, and they don't need to be all linked like that.

yep, but prove otherwise :) an obvious lie is not always a bad one depending on the aim of the lie.

How about this.

Not all sites were designed at the same time. The fact that the code on ALL urls lists ALL other URLS means that it was controlled by the client, not the designer.

Also, nick's comment makes this kinda moot.

Thanked by (2)uptime Abdullah

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• vpsgeekvpsgeek OG
    edited December 2019

@Nick said:
    ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

This is not the first time that a scam operation has operated out of CC. Whole industry knows that ColoCrossing is a piece of shit scam criminal host. It would be better that you just admit it was CC running this & previous scam operations. No matter how clever you think you are, you won't be able to play innocent for too long & I hope to see criminals like Biloh, Fabozzi & you behind bars one day.

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

Poor @Nick getting fed to the wolves because his bosses are a bunch of shitbags.

Francisco

• It's the Popo effect.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek uptime

@Nick said:
    I was advised to forward this along:

Would you mind giving us the name of the person that asked you to forward this along so we at least know who we are ultimately dealing with?

Thanked by (3)vpsgeek pepa65 uptime