[Solved] Want to Buy a Slice from BuyVM

edited March 2021 in Help

Hi,
I am a student and want to buy a slice+sab for seedbox , this year got into college and wanted to fulfil my dream,
just grabbed my CC payed for service after few hours i received email stating refund that i was denied and can use bitcoin, etc. No problem did that and lost a dollar to understand that crypto isn't my thing. If anyone can help me please help. If needed i can send my id or bank statement etc. I am also using hetzner for web hosting if needed i can show that invoices too.
The possible reason was that i used a wrong number.
I updated in a new account but now received a duplicate account error.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: check below.

Tagged:

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited March 2021

What was their support's response?

If you haven't yet, your best bet is to throw in a ticket to Karen/Fran via the support portal. Log in first and submit, if your account is still active. If not use, https://my.frantech.ca/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

They also have a community Discord, but likely don't handle support requests there -- https://buyvm.net/beware-the-moshbear/

FWIW - when I first signed up for BuyVM, I had my order halted due to my PayPal email not matching the email that I signed up for in their panel. Karen helped me update my email to match and provisioned my order in no time at all.

Thanked by (2)agadmin WhizzWr

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Dont use vpn
    Use actual address
    Use actual name on CC (And make sure the CC is yours)
    If the order fails still, just raise a ticket. They'll sort you out.

PS - Dont open multiple accounts. that'll raise flags, even if it didnt before

Thanked by (1)agadmin
  • Hi,
    I did that and their response was to just use webmoney, bitcoin etc.

We are sorry but seems that you have been reported and banned from our fraud detection partner and as such we will be unable to accept any orders from you.

Should you still want to obtain services the only payment method we will accept is crypto, webmoney, alipay as they allow for faster processing but no refunds/chargebacks may be processed. You would also be locked to this payment method for all future transactions.

Respectfully,

Frantech Staff

The next one said:
    You created a new account which goes against our TOS and then placed an order with crypto payment which was the method you were advised that we would accept any order.

There is no verification and up to you to make payment via crypto to proceed.

Please do not create a new account as this will ban your accounts.

Karen
    Work Hours -
    8:00 AM to 5:00 PM GMT-7 Monday through Friday
    9:00 AM to 1:00 PM GMT -7 Saturday.
    Closed on Sunday and US holidays .

I do agree that new account was a fault but i update my address to exact flat no , mobile number, i used my home internet instead of campus one.

• To clarify i used my own cc with my name and my address as mentioned in account .

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited March 2021

it is what it is. time to choose another provider.

Thanked by (1)vyas

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@agadmin said:
    To clarify i used my own cc with my name and my address as mentioned in account .

I'll look for your ticket but if Fraudlabs is blocking you there's gotta be a reason.

Francisco

Thanked by (2)agadmin donko
  • Hi, I settled for ramnode instant activation and no problems thanks.. @Francisco hope that i will be able to use your great vm's soon ( i am still waiting , if you can help) !! :# =)

• Same shit happened to me. Now i hate karen. :/

• Sanjue007 said:
    Now i hate karen. :/

She helped me twice on "marked as fraud because of VPN" and "Paypal email mismatch" and solved it within 30 minutes :P

@Sanjue007 said:
    Same shit happened to me. Now i hate karen. :/

You opened 7 different accounts and kept trying to evade the rules because Fraudlabs was seeing you as fraudulent.

If you want to hate on us, fine, but when you're being a total dumbass, and a pain in the ass, it's your own damn fault.

By all means, work with her on that or figuring out why they're flagging and we can work it out, but 7 accounts is a bit much.

@agadmin said: Hi, I settled for ramnode instant activation and no problems thanks.. @Francisco hope that i will be able to use your great vm's soon ( i am still waiting , if you can help) !!

Sorry I think I missed your latest reply, will check and see what Karen has to say :)

Francisco

• @agadmin said:
    Hi,
    I am a student and want to buy a slice+sab for seedbox , this year got into college and wanted to fulfil my dream,
    just grabbed my CC payed for service after few hours i received email stating refund that i was denied and can use bitcoin, etc. No problem did that and lost a dollar to understand that crypto isn't my thing. If anyone can help me please help. If needed i can send my id or bank statement etc. I am also using hetzner for web hosting if needed i can show that invoices too.
    The possible reason was that i used a wrong number.
    I updated in a new account but now received a duplicate account error.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, update here so just got fixed apparantely the random number i used was used by some other guy with ddos problems that was the reason of flagging. From now onwards phone no. will not be used for fraud checking - word from @Francisco.

The reason i followed up is that the level of support is just mind blowing i can now bet that even million dollar company helpdesk can't compare it.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@Francisco kinda unrelated from the thread, but all services are sold out right now.

You compare BuyVM to AWS/DO, but if I can't be sure I can get more VMs when I need to, I can't really "trust" BuyVM as my cloud provider...

Are you doing anything to address the lack of slices in all locations?

• I just got one. I think its enough to prove the stocks. Join the discord every 8-12 hours it has notifications. Its different than regular one.

• W, wait, you didn't sue Fran?

Why not? It is time to strike the empire! Frantech empire!

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @lentro said: Are you doing anything to address the lack of slices in all locations?

Exactly my issue. Can't be arsed chasing the pony these days.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider
    edited March 2021

@agadmin said: Join the discord

Can you include an invite?

But in general, having to have a team wait up and halt development on new software until stock frees up, even if it's just a few hours, is just a huge PITA. I'm hesitant to host anything that might scale on BuyVM if the situation doesn't improve... (just want what happened to LU slabs to all products :) )

• https://discord.gg/TD2Bdw4C
    It has few users around 50 and is also updated by a bot.

• @lentro said:

@agadmin said: Join the discord

Can you include an invite?

But in general, having to have a team wait up and halt development on new software until stock frees up, even if it's just a few hours, is just a huge PITA. I'm hesitant to host anything that might scale on BuyVM if the situation doesn't improve... (just want what happened to LU slabs to all products :) )

If your main problem is lack of scaling then please stay away as for production websites other services which can scale at demand are better (or necessary). Will not mention name as most of us know them.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • Discord is maybe about to be acquired to Microsoft for $10 billion. I hope those currently using it can migrate away.

• @willie said:
    Discord is maybe about to be acquired to Microsoft for $10 billion. I hope those currently using it can migrate away.

Just waiting for official announcment.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@willie said:
    Discord is maybe about to be acquired to Microsoft for $10 billion. I hope those currently using it can migrate away.

They didn't fuck up GitHub (yet) and VScode is pretty solid, so maybe call me optimistic but I don't think it would be the end of the world.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

edited March 2021

@lentro said:
    @Francisco kinda unrelated from the thread, but all services are sold out right now.

You compare BuyVM to AWS/DO, but if I can't be sure I can get more VMs when I need to, I can't really "trust" BuyVM as my cloud provider...

Are you doing anything to address the lack of slices in all locations?

I compare our features, we still have a long ways to go in many places :) Feature wise we're parity or better.

We sent a large sum of stock to both New York and Luxembourg. NY got murdered by a client that bought an incredible amount, and LUX is currently awaiting more bandwidth before I can open more up. Even still, people seem gungho on stock over there. There's a shot the client cancels it all in April and NY will have stock for a while, we'll see.

The reason we don't slam stock all day every day is just to make sure we aren't suddenly sitting on a massive stash of stock in a location that won't sell more. Nodes are costly and since we pay everything outta the old Bank Of Fran, we make sure we're not going to do stupid shit. Maybe reintroducing yearly discounts (the old 2 months free policy) will help back growth plans.

Biggest focus this year is to reenforce the network. GTT's been signed for all current and future locations (Miami for sure, maybe Chicago if I can get something nice?), we hope to start getting LOA's from them any day now. New York has moved to a direct NYIIX feed instead of through a friend. Las Vegas is supposedly getting an IX in the next decade, and LUX will likely join LU-CIX in the coming month or two once we see what GTT does.

Google Cache nodes for both Las Vegas & New York which will help out some more niche markets (VPN's, Discord bots, etc).

We also want to focus heavily on social media/forums and get our name out even more since we're almost purely "word of mouth". Our only official advertising is WHT postings, with unofficial ones being if someone posts a thread about us. I'm sure we're leaving a lot of food on the plate that we could scoop up with a proper sales team :)

Las Vegas has more slabs on the way with an upcoming Slice top up depending on how GTT improves things.

EDIT - Added a note about sales.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)lentro

@willie said:

We intend to put up a matrix homeserver for people to use as they see fit, a free public offering.

We'll then run bridges between it, Discord, and IRC, that way we can cut back our reliance on things.

Francisco

Thanked by (2)skorous willie
  • @Francisco said: The reason we don't slam stock all day every day is just to make sure we aren't suddenly sitting on a massive stash of stock in a location that won't sell more. Nodes are costly and since we pay everything outta the old Bank Of Fran,

Would you consider the idea of pre-order?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

good that everything is solved but....

where is YABS bench?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Francisco said: and LUX will likely join LU-CIX in the coming month or two

LU-CIX is a pretty small IX. Maybe NL-IX (that's also present at Luxconnect) is a good alternative or extra option too.

• @debaser said:

@Francisco said: and LUX will likely join LU-CIX in the coming month or two

LU-CIX is a pretty small IX. Maybe NL-IX (that's also present at Luxconnect) is a good alternative or extra option too.

NL-IX is in Luxconnect DC 1.1-1.2 in Bettembourg - not DC2 in Roost/Bissen. Pretty sure LU-CIX is the only game in town there.

🦍🍌

• @Harambe said:

@debaser said:

@Francisco said: and LUX will likely join LU-CIX in the coming month or two

NL-IX is in Luxconnect DC 1.1-1.2 in Bettembourg - not DC2 in Roost/Bissen. Pretty sure LU-CIX is the only game in town there.

Fair enough, wasn't aware that these were in complete other geographical locations.

Might be better off with a remote connection to DE-CIX or France-IX then. LU-CIX is 90% local networks.