WHMCS quirks that annoys me

I often stumble upon small details in various panels that really bugs me, but I cant tell if it's by design by developers or missconfiguration by providers. But I do know that a shitload of people here muck around in WHMCS all day so I cant think of a better place then this to ask. :smile:

When ordering/setting up a new VPS, it always asks for "Name server prefix", but it never ever uses whatever you put there. Why even ask (and even make it required) if you're still going to totally ignore the answers?
Is this some brainfart from WHMCS, or is it that every provider that I have ever used cant be bothered to configure it correctly?

The padlock thing in front of a VPS turns red and says "No SSL detected". Well duh, not every VPS is a webserver. Again, is this a brainfart from WHMCS or just lazy providers?

Maybe we should start a thread where we collect all annoying and mind numbingly stupid little quirks in all the panels and dashboards, and then maybe the developers and/or providers realize that people actually notice and then they take a few minutes out of their very busy schedules and fix their shit? :smile:

Thanked by (4)lentro Hakim Naix yoursunny

Comments

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@rcy026 said: When ordering/setting up a new VPS, it always asks for "Name server prefix", but it never ever uses whatever you put there. Why even ask (and even make it required) if you're still going to totally ignore the answers?

This has been a feature request for literally years now because of:

@rcy026 said: design by developers

Next:

@rcy026 said: The padlock thing in front of a VPS turns red and says "No SSL detected". Well duh, not every VPS is a webserver. Again, is this a brainfart from WHMCS or just lazy providers?

Again, same thing. I don't imagine most devs have worked at a hosting company before, they don't really know I think.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited March 2021

@rcy026 said:
    I often stumble upon small details in various panels that really bugs me, but I cant tell if it's by design by developers or missconfiguration by providers. But I do know that a shitload of people here muck around in WHMCS all day so I cant think of a better place then this to ask. :smile:

When ordering/setting up a new VPS, it always asks for "Name server prefix", but it never ever uses whatever you put there. Why even ask (and even make it required) if you're still going to totally ignore the answers?
    Is this some brainfart from WHMCS, or is it that every provider that I have ever used cant be bothered to configure it correctly?

The padlock thing in front of a VPS turns red and says "No SSL detected". Well duh, not every VPS is a webserver. Again, is this a brainfart from WHMCS or just lazy providers?

Maybe we should start a thread where we collect all annoying and mind numbingly stupid little quirks in all the panels and dashboards, and then maybe the developers and/or providers realize that people actually notice and then they take a few minutes out of their very busy schedules and fix their shit? :smile:

Disabling ns1/ns2 takes 30 seconds of theme editing. The ssl one is pure bs. It should have been there as an option so folks can upsell ssl. But no. Not Whmcs.

• Also the fact that a hostname of a service can't be changed.
    Like, I can change the hostname of a VPS from SolusVM and I can change the primary domain on DA, but it will still show the old hostname in WHMCS.
    If it's too hard for them to make it update automatically, at least give me the option to do it manually.