Webhorizon NAT - ipv4 tcp port forwarding not working?

2»

Comments

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2021

Don't forget to restart your VPS from the Virtualizor panel afterwards.

stop & start the vps*

we have an article on this too https://my.webhorizon.in/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/7/how-to-enable-tun-tap-on-my-vps/2/

• edited December 2021

Thanks. It was/is enabled.

@vict0r said:
    I have enabled tun/tap in the control panel

I have got it working. Now "Enable Tun/Tap" is unchecked in control panel, but is enabled on the vps. That's a little confusing.

It seems the feature breaks when reinstalling the vps with the option checked.

• skorousskorous OG
    edited December 2021

I think he's saying he enabled it. He likely just needs to Shutdown the box and Startup the box. IIRC it doesn't activate until that happens.
    Edit: By which I mean literally use the Stop VPS button then the Start VPS button.

• Maybe, but after struggling for a while with this, I gave up and asked here and now it's working. So problem solved. :)

• @vict0r said:
    Maybe, but after struggling for a while with this, I gave up and asked here and now it's working. So problem solved. :)

will you now buy us drinks?

Thanked by (1)nyamenk
  • Oops, got distracted and forgot to refresh my screen. Abdullah already clarified. :)

• edited December 2021

@ehab said:

@vict0r said:
    Maybe, but after struggling for a while with this, I gave up and asked here and now it's working. So problem solved. :)

will you now buy us drinks?

Yeah, see you at the pub. :)

I still had to check "Enable tun/tap" in control panel although it seemed like tun/tap was enabled on the vps when it was not (enabled in the control panel. Seems a little buggy.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • Okay, I have got a vpn up and running, sort of. It's very slow and I have used one of those location websites to find out where I'm "located". Don't fall off your chair, the oval office was not exactly what I had in mind.

Well, at least I will be troubleshooting the lack of speed tomorrow.

Sleep well. ;)