Contabo 400GB free SSD if you order today

2»

Comments

• @sonic said: Is Contabo uptime high? Should I use it in production?

This is LES, our production services are supposed to be down a lot ;).

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@willie said:

@sonic said: Is Contabo uptime high? Should I use it in production?

This is LES, our production services are supposed to be down a lot ;).

I think you have mistaken LES and LEB :)
    I would say that the majority of offers here has a high uptime (no statistics has been gathered, obly a gut feeling)

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Ah right, Contabo was one of those LET services. But people are asking about it here. They will get about what they should expect.

• Bought one, ran a YABS, cancelled it again.

Very shitty disk performance, cpu looks like it's oversold and in-use, and the network is hard capped at 200mbit down, and none of the iperf tests went above 80mbit/s up.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• @teamacc said:
    Bought one, ran a YABS, cancelled it again.

Very shitty disk performance, cpu looks like it's oversold and in-use, and the network is hard capped at 200mbit down, and none of the iperf tests went above 80mbit/s up.

can you please paste your Yabs if it still possible? Thanks in advance

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • There are already two yabs for this product posted here? Both were numerically similar and both were unimpressive.

• @ehab said:

@teamacc said:

Thanked by (1)ehab

• It's still free today 🤔

Contabo's SSD VPSes tend to be pretty slow. I used one of their NVMe VPSes for a few months and it was pretty decent though.

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited February 2022

@teamacc said: the network is hard capped at 200mbit down

Depends on which VPS you get. VPS S is 200Mbps, VPS M is 400Mbps, VPS L is 600Mbps, and VPS XL is 1Gbps. They're pretty clear about it on the order page.

200 Mbps isn't ideal but it's still better than Kimsufi's 100Mbps :tongue:

• Netcup gives a better product for same price on their promos.

• @Daniel said:

Depends on which VPS you get. VPS S is 200Mbps, VPS M is 400Mbps, VPS L is 600Mbps, and VPS XL is 1Gbps. They're pretty clear about it on the order page.

Look at that YABS thing, i only got 60ish mbit/s upload compared to other people basically maxxing their 200mbit available bw.

• @teamacc said:

@Daniel said:

Look at that YABS thing, i only got 60ish mbit/s upload compared to other people basically maxxing their 200mbit available bw.

Like with other providers, it's shared bandwidth, not dedicated, so it's not expected to be able to max it all the time.

• I've requested a refund, CPU performance is even worse than it was.

Thanked by (3)Ympker cybertech ehab
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Amadex said:

@ehab said:
    @Amadex so a cancel button gives that "At end of billing period option" ? or must be some process?

Minimum cancellation notice:
    None (pre-paid) or 4 weeks (post-paid)

So, just let it expire if you don't need it.

@sonic said:
    Is Contabo uptime high? Should I use it in production?
    Read a lot about Contabe but I haven't give them a try.

Where can you choose between prepaid and post-paid with Contabo? When I go to their VPS page to order it says minimum term is 1 month and cancellation needs to happen 4 weeks in advance.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@teamacc said:

@ehab said:

@teamacc said:

You get what you paid for. So the network cap is there, and when you order you an see it's capped at 200 mbit

As for disk, you can get higher speeds on 1M (via a ticket), but IOPS is limited. And as for the CPU, what do you expect from 5 eur p/m (btw you can ask to get switched to another node with a lower steal. I've used them for like 7 months, and ngl they've been rock solid in those times for the price and stuff they offer.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]