LetBox LA Outage - Proxmox cluster migration

beaglebeagle OG
edited February 15 in Outages

My storage box went down today. Opened a ticket and received this response. Highlight for the no ETA.

Comments

• It's had three or four major outages over the last two weeks. It's weird since it's been solid for me before this ...

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 15

I wonder what they're migrating to...

• @SagnikS said:
    I wonder onder what they're migrating to...

Apparently Proxmox -> SolusVM according to a Discord admin

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

@gazmull said:

@SagnikS said:
    I wonder onder what they're migrating to...

Apparently Proxmox -> SolusVM according to a Discord admin

Ah I see. Interesting choice. Not sure why they just don't run things standalone. They're probably not very experienced with Proxmox I'm assuming (going by how they claim it's unreliable etc.)

• Back online after 4hs of outage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

proxmox is legacy , migrating to solusvm?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• New owners are primarily SolusVM

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Services Provider

Send them over to me. I’ll sort them out.

VirtFusion Affordable, Reliable virtualization management software for the hosting industry · Connect with us on Discord

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

its a pity letbox no longer what it used to be. no incentive to spend my remaining credits there.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    its a pity letbox no longer what it used to be.

How d'you mean?

• Yeah given latest outages I'm not sure how much issues are with promax vs just their experience with promax given new owners now that Key isn't running the show.

• I would be curious what problems they have with proxmox. I run a cluster, and it works great.

• @CMunroe said:
    I would be curious what problems they have with proxmox. I run a cluster, and it works great.

It works, but the quorum is really sensitive to latency, I tried a 3 node big Proxmox cluster with 4GB per VM, with 8-12ms latency.
    It manage to blow up, by itself, on a regular basis.

They recommended latency for a Proxmox cluster is 8ms or lower, right, or should be as low as possible.
    Should not be a problem if you have them in the same rack and on the same switch, but how knows what setup they do.