Why do less people talk about phpfriends compared to other providers?

edited March 2022 in General

Been using them since the end of 2019 till now, so far there has been no issues, they handled all 5 of my tickets with them promptly over the years, though i think its just one guy handling english based support. They used to have the yearly twice maintenance on nodes but i think they changed something and there is no more maintenance. Is it because they don't offer an english/international version of their website? I don't see any issues with price, they do offer addons like backups, floating ip etc but you have to open ticket for them.

phpfriends poll
  1. Have you used phpfriends before?40 votes
    1. yes
      45.00%
    2. no
      55.00%
Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
Tagged:

Comments

• sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Content Writer

Have been renting VPS from them for over a year now, no major issues faced till now. Highly recommended!

Thanked by (1)Ryujin
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

they are good, but i recall they rarely advertise directly on forums.

Thanked by (2)angstrom Ryujin

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Personally I'am afraid that PHPF will pull out netcup move and double the price for non-germans.

Thanked by (1)Ryujin
  • edited March 2022

@legendary said:
    Personally I'am afraid that PHPF will pull out netcup move and double the price for non-germans.

For the record, netcup did not double their prices for non-Germans, it's just that netcup.eu got more expensive (non-Germans are still able to order servers from their .de site)

Thanked by (2)angstrom Ryujin

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Often we don’t hear about providers because ”it works” and they are not active on the forums.

Thanked by (3)angstrom Ryujin lapua

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @chimichurri said:

@legendary said:
    Personally I'am afraid that PHPF will pull out netcup move and double the price for non-germans.

For the record, netcup did not double their prices for non-Germans, it's just that netcup.eu got more expensive (non-Germans are still able to order servers from their .de site)

And just to add that it's not a "German" vs "non-German" distinction -- no one is checking a customer's nationality (or ethnicity)

Thanked by (1)Ryujin

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• I've used PHP-Friends a few times in the past, though at the moment, I don't have a service with them.

They're low-key and don't advertise on forums, but they're a very good choice. Like netcup, they're more oriented towards the local German market.

(I'm waiting for their next promotion. :) )

Thanked by (1)Ryujin

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @legendary said:

I don't think they would but then again they and avoro merged together to form dataforest gmbh, avoro site is in english while phpfriends is in german.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

avoro is prepaid so they are good.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Maybe their name makes people think they’re not friendly towards non php things.

Why?

• Simple.

If a host "just works" and their customers have no complaints, no threads from PMSing kiddies.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I've been with them for a bit over 6 months now, on one of their older Xeon/SSD plans. Uptime monitored by Statuscake has been 100% in all months except for last October when it was 99.9%. Performance of the server is good. I've had a few issues with steal in the past (periods with steal of ~30), but for the last few months the average steal was 3.49 and not noticeable at all. Support is friendly and fast. Overall I'm very satisfied :-)

• @Dufu said:
    I've been with them for a bit over 6 months now, on one of their older Xeon/SSD plans. Uptime monitored by Statuscake has been 100% in all months except for last October when it was 99.9%. Performance of the server is good. I've had a few issues with steal in the past (periods with steal of ~30), but for the last few months the average steal was 3.49 and not noticeable at all. Support is friendly and fast. Overall I'm very satisfied :-)

I am waiting for their next gen host nodes to migrate to, currently on their g3 servers.